Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:00
Page:  1 
MRAG Award, Consider this... Started by: SalvatoreMarino on Feb 06, '08 19:37
Striding out onto the Street once more, Salvatore looks round at the crowds gathering on the streets, peak time for speeches and verbal contributions to discussions, and a smile begins to form. Looking around once more, he mutters a few thoughts to himself.

Perfect. Time to pull some votes my way. I guess I'll have to cut out any "Mr Nice Guy" if I want to win this Mr Mafia award. I just hope people will see through this sexy exterior and realise how Mafioso I truly am. Clearly one person recognised the clear Mafia blood running through my veins.

Salvatore cuts through the crowds to his favoured spot, and begins his rally for support, attracting people's attention toward him without too much effort.

This is not easy for some people, as selling themselves to the crowds is somewhat of a difficult art to master. Being able to talk about their qualities, without being overly troubled due to modesty and not stepping in the opposite direction to modesty, toward arrogance, is what makes it difficult. There are two fine lines, either side of the narrow gap that represents an excellence in selling yourself to other people.

What can I say about myself? I am outgoing, with a strong sense of humour, a number of contacts in the Mafia due to this positive nature I have. If you wish to talk to me, I will talk back if you address me properly. Make conversation with me and I will make conversation with you.

As you can see, I am based around a 2 way street. How you treat me will reflect on how I treat you. We cannot control our first judgement of people, so please make a good first impression and that will affect my subconcious judgement of you positively.

I am not here to tell you my life story though, as interesting as it may be, with bloodlines stretching back through the mafia, a family tree as long as a thin line of human blood can stretch for, to use an appropriate metaphor.

Marino takes a breath, casting his calm eyes over the crowd, and runs a hand through his styled hair. He smooths out his suit, and continues.

You see, Mr Mafia would be suited to half of the nominees for that group, as half of the group are impressive people indeed. I realise what I am up against, but I also realise that I am just as appropriate for this award as they may be, and I believe I may even stretch the imagination to an extent that I would say I am more appropriate for this particular award than any of my competitors.

I may not be as amazing as it is rumoured some of them are, and I may not be the ruthless killer as some of them are known to be, but when it comes to being well rounded as a Mafioso, I'm your man. Any Mafioso knows that in exceptional circumstances, compassion must be shown, despite any unwritten rules that emotion must not be shown. It would take a real Mafioso to step up to that, and I know I would step up to that should I be faced with the situation involving that as what could be seen as the better option.

I'd like to take this moment also, to congratulate Caitlin_McConnell on the effort put into making this particularly unique awards ceremony together. It is my belief that Mafioso should be credited where credit is due, and what better way to do that than an award ceremony that is decided by their peers? Take advantage of this opportunity. Credit those who deserve it by voting now.

Mr Mafia = SalvatoreMarino?

That much is up to my peers and fellow business persons, and I have no doubt you will make the right decision.

Salvatore smiles once more, and breathes in deeply before falling back into the shadows, as he has been seen to do previously post-speech.
Report Post Tip
You have my vote!

I'll be expecting a 3 dollar donation

SourD winks at Mr. Marino
Report Post Tip
Ryan spots a sparse crowd up ahead and makes a beeline straight for it. The gathering seems to be chaired by a fairly odd character. Ryan really had no clue who he was but decided to wait a minute or so to see if anything interesting was going to be said. He figured there may be an opportunity to make money at the very least.

Ryan was dead wrong and quickly found himself tensing up while listening to the speech being made. There were several points in the ordeal where his eye physically twitched from the sheer anger being provoked in him by the ludicrous amount of inanity on display. It was a miracle that he managed to contain his wrath for as long as he did but like a dormant volcano he eventually erupted in a torrent of hate.

"I am truly shocked by what I have just spent the last few minutes being subjected to. I have never heard so much drivel being spewed from a boy's mouth in all of my years here. We are Mafiosi, not pseudo popular, Miss World style contestant, degenerate fuck wits.

To begin with, describing yourself as sexy comes across incredibly badly. It exposes you as arrogant, self important with delusions of grandeur. I think you may be hard pressed to find a woman (which I am sure is your mission in all of this really) who finds such self praise attractive. This is compounded by the fact that they are more likely to describe you as a revolting little boy. I have done my market research on the afore mention comment by the way.

Selling yourself in public has no fine line. As I have outlined before it is just pure arrogance and in your case such ludicrous behaviour cannot even be justified. Whoring yourself in public in a pathetic attempt to gain votes for an even more tragic popularity contest is not how I would like to be remembered. Perhaps it is really I who has "the clear Mafia blood running through my veins." considering I am spending my time earning for my family and not making embarrassing and cringe worthy speeches in the street. Maybe I am wrong? Are we not supposed to be feared organised criminals who extort and embezzle?

The whole talk of why you are better equipped to be chosen as Mr Mafia is a moot point anyway. It is not even a title that should be recognised by anyone in this life of ours anyway. Are we going to all attend a red carpet event celebrating who is the most out going person in the Mafia? It is a piss take really if you think about it. I don't care if you are a nice guy which is beside the point as I have decided you are a bit shit anyway. We should be more interested in revering those among us who have risen to power and command respect through fear and wealth. Those are the only commodities I find to be quantifiable in this business.

Ryan looks on with disgust as he recomposes himself following his therapeutic rant. He clenches and unclenches his fist a few times, allowing his rage to subside before turning on his heels and making an exit. Failure to do so would have resulted in bloodshed he felt.
Report Post Tip
RyanDelaney, you are my new favorite person. Congrats.
Report Post Tip
Intervention walks out to where Salvatore is speaking

Gimpanzee ftw ...
Report Post Tip
I must agree with TheWeasel on this one.

You are a top notch mafioso, Ryan.
Report Post Tip
Yeah, almost too top notch.

His eyes narrow.

I'm on to you. Stop trying to muscle into the campaign.
Report Post Tip
Salvatore raises an eyebrow toward this particularly angry fellow and wonders what issues he has at home, before deciding he'd rather not know.

I take it you've never had to describe your own qualities then Mr Delaney, as you describe it as "arrogant" to do so. Maybe there are odd statements of truth in your pretty pathetic rant, but I think you'll find that having contacts is crucial to being a Mafioso, and how do you gain contacts? That's right, from being a guy people like. Which strongly ties into what you're defining a "popularity contest".

Also Ryan, I wish to never hear you speak about why the streets are quiet, or nobody is talking on them ok? If you ever do, all I will do is point at you and I hope you will use your amazing intelligence to realise that it's people like you that make the streets dead.

Now move along kid, people that cannot control their rage have previously been known to have been given tranquillisers, and I really hope someone will either tranquillise you or sew your mouth shut.

I'm not fussy about which one to be honest.

Hell, they can go to town and cut your voicebox out for all I care.
Report Post Tip
I don't know, Salvatore. Your speech received very little attention until my new idol, RyanDelaney, came forward to tell it like it is. Suddenly, we have all sorts of activity here. That pretty much extinguishes your theory that he is muting street conversation.

In fact, you are asking him to sew his mouth shut. Isn't that doing precisely what you are rallying against? Or does your advocacy for mafiosi being vocal only pertain to those whose perspectives are of the same vein as your own?

A cardinal rule of street speaking is that if you wish to open your mouth, you are also opening yourself up to dissent. If you can't deal with conflicting views, you're better off staying at home and admiring yourself in the mirror. Addressing someone's points with counterarguments is one thing, but asking them to shut up simply because they aren't kissing your ass is pretty lame.
Report Post Tip
An older man enters the tense stand-off. His old boans creak as he makes his way into the middle of the square.

"Friends I can only take issue with one statement here. That was the one made by RyanDelaney:

'We are Mafiosi, not pseudo popular, Miss World style contestant, degenerate fuck wits.'

Not correct signor Delaney. We together, you and I, share a certain position in the great cosmic game. We are the wisest of the ASSOCIATES of the Mafia. They call us Wise Guys. We are older, more experienced, yes. But we both lack that thing that makes any man a man of honour. Our button.

For you to tell this gentleman all the things you have told him, is nothing more than you commenting upon a contest that you must surely be inelligible for. Is this the Mr Mafia Associate contest? In general you might disagree with the style of this gentleman. But in general there are many can disagree with your own style.

How are we to speculate on something the Mafia has done? Perhaps this is all a great big joke that they have to brighten an otherwise dull day? Either way, we don't know and shouldn't speculate upon that which doesn't concern us. Your speech denouncing the actions of members of a group that you aspire to join can ony be described as dripping with irony. But excuse an old man, I have no quarrel with you, I was merely on my way to the John..."

Sledge-Hammer departs as quitely as he arrived.
Report Post Tip
TheWeasel, his statements are exactly what every other Mafioso fears when they speak on the streets. It is that sort of idiot that prevents people from stating their opinions on the streets, which is what we ask for.

He's increased activity in this thread? Maybe, but not to intelligent statements, only to half-wit comments. I don't ask for people to "kiss my ass", I wasn't asking for any activity in this thread, as it was more rhetorical than anything else.

If people like Delaney want to be pricks and be furious when they see something they don't like, and abuse it rather than keeping their unwelcome comments to themselves, then they will stop people from making threads through fear of that retribution. I wouldn't have minded if he showed an element of respect, but his outright disrespect and disregard is the most annoying thing about him, which is saying a lot for someone with so many annoying qualities.
Report Post Tip
RyanDelaney for Mr. Mafia.

Much better than this clown.

Much better, indeed.
Report Post Tip
Looks at this effort and laughs..

All this work to be Mr Mafia... when in our world it only takes a single piece of lead to end your career as Mr Mafia. Id rather put that effort into making money, having the ladies and living life to the fullest..

Coughs from the cigar and sucks on the oxygen because of his lung conditions...you know :p
Report Post Tip
Talk about a speech having exactly the opposite effect to that intended.....

For what it's worth, Salvatore, it seems a tad strange to be complaining about people not making speeches because others will then make 'unwelcome' comments. If someone wants to get up on a soapbox to express their opinions in the first place, surely the exact thing they want is debate with both all opinions welcome? If we didn't have differing opinions being articulated on the streets, we'd be as well keeping schtum rather than have a succession of people coming to the fore to say "ya, i agree totally".
Report Post Tip
Ryan grits his teeth as he hears a whiney voice from behind him as he tries in vain to return to the comforts of a bar. Try as he might to ignore it he feels the need to try and put this reprobate back in his cage.

"I have not once in my life taken it upon myself to some into the streets and say I am a wonderful and sexy man, I am better than that. So that is a negative for that question. Contacts are indeed crucial but this follows under the age old saying of quality over quantity. The kind of people who have lapped up the nonsense put on display by this contest are not who you need to impress to get ahead. So far I have witnessed important people tear the whole thing to shreds in private. Much fun was had by all. Appeal to the upper echelons, not the lowest common denominators.

I have never once mentioned the streets being quiet. If you had been paying attention you would have seen me using my wonderful intelligence to ridicule someone claiming the streets were dead. Please research more extensively before making ridiculous comments in future.

As a final note, you are welcome. If I had not stumbled upon this disgrace no one bar the initial ass licker would even have cared a jot to contribute."
Report Post Tip

"before turning on his heels and making an exit."

You appear to still be here, and making a noise that I'm choosing to ignore.

Salvatore leans up against a lamppost and watched Ryan clench and unclench his fist angrily. Sighing, Marino shakes his head.

If you don't leave, then yes you are right, there will be bloodshed. So run along now little Wise Guy. Go on. I don't want to have to start preaching mathematics and the whole Capo > Wise Guy argument, and how the Mafia is based around respect, which you clearly lack.

Salvatore smiles as Ryan storms off in a tantrum.

Bless...
Report Post Tip
yo salvatore u lost do u wanna cry 2 ur momma?

oh wait

ur dead

so u cant hear me

thats ok ill b rockin it up in ur face npnp

...batch
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: MRAG Award, Consider this...
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL