Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:20:05
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Demotions - Feb 1 Started by: Squishy on Dec 28, '10 02:15

Starting January 15th, being demoted in game will carry a few more consequences. The date for this has been set 2.5 weeks in the future in order to allow ample time to pre-plan.

In addition to the XP loss, rank loss, start date time reset, and physical gun loss - you will now lose favor with the Authorities.

You will lose your existing drug unit tips (Meaning you will have to buy back your respect to advance in units again)

If you own a DFP, it will be raided and removed, for you are now "damaged goods", and your existing bribe will not carry its weight.

If you have any pending Get Out Of Jail Free cards, they will be removed, since your name is now tarnished.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for this....

Honestly, thank you...

Was getting rather ridiculous,

Report Post Tip

In my honest opinion, since you are trying to make a demotion more RPd punishment then the price to purchase a Bodyguard should remain what ever the highest rank achieved. That would mean that a demotion is used for punishment purposes and not for personal gain.

Report Post Tip

I love the change honestly. It was getting.....pathetic.....for lack of a better word.

Sho is on the money with the suggestion as well. Doing that would give everyone a fair advantage...not just if you're in a monster crew and can save money. Add a little more excitement. Not many people are gonna have a chance to build up a gun that can hit IWP (some cities are gonna wind up having 80 of them) in the short time they have before something "bad" happens to them.

Report Post Tip

A good start!

Sho has a stellar idea too. Beats what I had in mind.

Report Post Tip

I like this addition, and even more so Sho's suggestion. Demotions will now carry more consequence, and I think that with Sho's idea also implemented it truly makes demotions a no win punishment. Since a demotion doesn't carry with it a financial fine, the reduced cost of bodyguards can make a demotion advantageous.

So, a great start, but put Sho's add in there, please!

Report Post Tip

i also agree if your demoted it should carry no financial advantage of cheaper body gaurds. that way it'll stop being abused.

Report Post Tip

I will be the 5th person to back Sho's suggestion.

Please for the love of God, just get rid of that demotion bodyguard price change. Wouldn't the game actually benefit more financially if people have to pay MORE for BGs, aka based on the rank they earned to?

C'mon Squishy. You guys are on the right track. Just one. more. detail.

Report Post Tip

Why not go the whole hog and cap the amount of bgs you can purchase per rank or per day, per rank makes far more sense.

The other possibility is link bodyguard price per rank on an escalating scale. Ie the more you buy the higher the cost goes. To me it is unrealistic that a don would have to pay more than a thug to purchase a bodyguard. Why would anyone worth their salt work for a thug when there are dons to protect.

Report Post Tip

I supported Sho's idea, but like what Izzy said earlier he haven't found a working codes/equation atm so cross your fingers guys and keep rooting for our Admins

<3 Admins

Regards Alfie

Report Post Tip

IWP=GF/GM

OWP=Dons

EWP=Consig

VWP=Boss & Capo

WP=Made

P=Wiseguy

Sounds awesome to me. If you get demoted...you lose the BGs. The goal is.....don't get demoted.

Report Post Tip

It's a good start, but I honestly believe it won't change much.

Even with the new ramifications, getting demoted and buying bgs in bulk at a lower rank and suffering unit losses, dfp loses et cetera is still much more favourable than buying them at a higher rank and keeping dfp, etc.

Report Post Tip

Well its a start, however, getting demoted to BG up is kinda like starting fresh anyway, except now you have squillions of BGs... don't think it will be any more of a deterant. BG caps or BG price staying at highest rank achieved is the way to go.

Report Post Tip

Well i have never been a BG fan in general and the only ones i generally get are free ones of jailbreaks.  As much as i like money coming into the game through this feature personally i would back a limit on Bodyguards and a set price for demoting above that the normal one.  I know some people will still demote due to the gain to the defence and to improve there lifespan but things like the dfp's, bribes are not that hard to replace if you put away enough money, or in the favour of your crewleader/authed after being bg'd up.  Is a great tactic, just a lil too easy for my liking still.

Report Post Tip

I like this... and also sho's comment. Of course... i am sure Squishy and the others have though of implementing this bg price thing to remain the same when demoted. But... i can see how this could be difficult. But these changes will help though... i would love to see the day when... if you did'nt think of buying bg's at the start, tough luck. But we arent there yet unfortunately.

Report Post Tip

"I supported Sho's idea, but like what Izzy said earlier he haven't found a working codes/equation atm so cross your fingers guys and keep rooting for our Admins"

It's not really that we cant code it - its that there is a fundamental problem with Shos idea. And we have yet to find a way to wrap our head around a way to pull this off so it so it doenst just effect the small guys.

Basically - here is how it works:

If you increase the cost of BGs, it will have one of two long term results in the game (most likely a hybrid of two).

A) The amount of BGs purchased will be less. In order to maintain the proper balance between wack and defense, we would have to track the drop in defense, and likewise, remove some RIAs to keep the proper ratio of a characters wack/defense growth. This means that the entire wack is scaled back, mostly hitting those who login to attempt to wack a few RIAs a day - with it least affecting those that stay on all day and go for 30 RIAs. This change will affect the small guy who drops from 1 to 0 kill, where as a big guy drops from 2 to 2. This furthering the gap between the small guy and the big guy.

B) The rich are still rich, and still will BG up, but how many people who fund their own BGs, have a handful, will still be able to afford it?

Changing the prices in our current system will basically be hitting the small guys and not the large ones. Is this the desired effect you want? This creates even a further separation between the big and the small. I have a feeling you guys want the exact opposite, and if so, then the above situation is not the way to go about it.

If anyone can create a better system, and demonstrate its short/long term effects being better than what we have now, while retaining the same wack/defense growth ratio, that we can put in with out nerfing the existing userbase, then by all means I will put it in tonight. But since the birth of this game, it hasnt been found yet.

Report Post Tip

Might I ask what's the point of the little guy getting their few kills when everyone is gonna have 130 BGs and they wont be able to hit anything but an inactive gangster (or completely unimportant member) in a warring crew? They shouldn't have to bulk up to battle people exploiting the game.

Maybe there should just be an overall punishment for exploiting the loophole like it has been. Manipulating the game like it's not meant to be. Would make sense in the grand scheme of things. Taking it over manually would limit it to damn near nonexistent.....then the feature would only be used as it was intended to be. Numerous other unfair advantages have been death worthy...seems like this could fall under the same category.

Report Post Tip

"Might I ask what's the point of the little guy getting their few kills when everyone is gonna have 130 BGs and they wont be able to hit anything but an inactive gangster (or completely unimportant member) in a warring crew?"

130 BGs? I am not seeing this, nor will the game ever see this. The average effective BG count is 6 per user. This is after about 4.5 years of this current system, so at the current rate using your "Big Drama Number Math", the game will be this way in 97.5 years.

I'm using a little sarcasm to show that using drama and exaggerated numbers to prove false points really doesn't accomplish anything. I am not fighting you here, yes I agree that there is a better way to do this that fits within the confines of the game, but we just haven't found it yet. If you are really passionate about making a change, then put your effort into finding a better alternative rather than standing in a picket line with hand made signs of misinformation.

Report Post Tip

There was some major "sarcasm" (probably not the best word) on my part as well. I was leaning on putting 200 but that seemed to be completely overdoing it by 120 or so. The average is 6...the question is how much of the overall tally is coming from the people getting demoted. Anyways, there's no true formula (in my opinion) other than putting a cap on BGs per rank as Underdog said. The amount will increase as you rank...there's literally no cheating that. If you get demoted from Don to Consig you'll be knocked down to EWP from OWP....now that's punishment.

Everything else other than killing off the demotion thing all together will have some ill effects. (In my opinion of course.) Seems like it would be a pain in the ass to implement regardless.

Report Post Tip

I love how quite a few people suggesting this have either demoted on past accounts for bgs or even their current account.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Demotions - Feb 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL