Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:45:26
Page:  1 
La Rocca Secca Social Club Started by: ThomasLucchese on Dec 28, '10 16:53

You turn the corner onto Mulberry St. in Detroit’s Little Italy section of the city and notice on the corner of the street a sign for ‘La Rocca Secca Social Club” in big red letters on a black background.  Curious about this newly opened business you decide to check it out.  As you make your way across the street towards the entrance of the building you notice ‘Espresso, Paninis, Pastries and more…’ written on the dark tinted glass that lines the front of the building.  As you push the door open you hear the chime of a little bell signaling that a customer has enter the club. 

The club is not very flashy and you count ten small tables with marble tops.  You see a group of three older looking men sitting at a table in the corner speaking quietly in Italian and drinking espresso.  As you walk past them on the way to the counter they go completely silent and wait for you to pass to continue their discussion. 

As you approach the counter you see behind it a large espresso machine and a rack lining the back wall with a vast assortment of pastries ranging from sfogliatelli to cornetti.  The man standing behind the counter looks up from the newspaper that he is reading, looks at you and says:

Ciao, Come va?  Welcome to The Dry Rock.  We have everything from espressos to sandwiches and if you’d like something a little stronger to sip on we have a wide variety of domestic and imported liquors.  What are you in the mood for?

Report Post Tip

Zack was walking the streets of Detroit and he noticed a new place just opening... curious he walks in, good thing... he wanted a sandwich.

Good day sir, nice place you have here... i dont believe i saw it before. I would like a ham sandwich in panini bread if that is no trouble. Serve that with a expresso please!

Zack places a 100$ bill on the counter and waits for the serving...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thomas folds his newspaper and places it aside

Ciao, yes we have just opened.  You are our first customer.  I'll have your order in just a second.

Thomas grabs an espresso cut from the shelf behind the counter, puts it under the espresso tap and pushes the button to start the machine.  He walks through the a swinging door into the back and returns a few moments later with a panini on a white plate.  He places the plate on the counter infront of Zach and then grabs the espresso from the machine and places it beside the plate. 

Here you signore.  Take a seat at any open table you like, except for the reserved one at the back.

He points to the round booth at the far back corner of the room with a sign infront of it reading 'Reserved'

If you need anything else, just let me know. 

Thomas moves down the counter and continues reading his newspaper

Report Post Tip

JackSparrow walks into the new jointlooking at the collection of drinkables behind the bar he finally makes his decision

"Hey there, any chance of an espresso? I know its New Years eve but im not ready to celebrate yet, just on a break from buisness"

Jacks hands starting to shake, Jack looks nervous about soemthing

"I dont suppose you could splash a bit if irish courage in that for me? thanks"

Sitting down at a table, Jack pulls out a lighter, flicking the flint wheel to keep himself occupied and his mind off things

Report Post Tip

Thomas puts his newspaper down, grabs a cup from the shelf and places it under the espresso machine's spout.  He walks over to the liquor shelf and grabs a bottle of Bushmills 16 year.  He plays the espresso cup infront of Jack and pours a bit of the whiskey in. 

There you are my friend. 

He grabs a shot glass from under the counter, pours himself one and shoots it back

Ah, thats good stuff.  Whats got you all shaken up my friend?

Report Post Tip

Cross walks in sleepy from the long train ride and still unable to get any rest. Plops into a chair and leans back looking at the bar. Then smiles shaking his head as the bar look's as if its a mile away but knowing its about twenty steps. He pulls himself up then walks over.

Excuse me sir can I get a bottle of Jack Daniels and a picture of cold beer and one glass.

Cross slowly makes his way to the empty table and takes a seat ready to pass out. Thinking of the taste of beer.

Report Post Tip

Thomas kooks up from his paper and nods at Cross

Certainly, it will be over in a moment. 

Thomas puts his newspaper aside and grabs a tray.  He picks a bottle of Jack from the shelf behind the bar and fills a pitcher with ice cold beer.  Grabbing a glass, he walks over and places the items in from of Cross

Here you are my friend, let me know if you'd like something else.

Walking back behind the counter Thomas grabs a cigarette out of his pack and lights it.  He then returns to reading his newspaper.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: La Rocca Secca Social Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL