Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Christ Church Started by: Xanxus on Jun 23, '19 18:56

Lily entered the church and took a seat at a pew in the back. No services were happening at this hour, she had the church to herself. The smell of old wood and incense surrounded her, the only light this early in the day coming from the rising sun's attempt to penetrate the stained glass high above. 

Candles were lit near the altar, but their glow didn't reach very far. Lily could see the crucifixion above them, and she wondered not for the first time why a symbol of torture and death held such a prominent place in so many religions. 

She's come here for.. well. Why had she come? Lily couldn't bring herself to attend Arthur's funeral. He'd died a true warrior's death, never stopping, never ceasing until he'd taken his last breath. The last sacrifice in yet another war, one that so many people had come to the streets and coffee shops claiming zero tolerance for. 

Change. No one was ever going to do that, not really. Lily sat and continued to ponder this, the feeling of hollowness spreading throughout her. She wasn't sure she'd be returning to Detroit soon. Hell, it had barely had time to become her home, anyway. With a tiredness usually reserved for a much older woman, she eventually rose and made her way out through the church doors.

Report Post Tip

Ryubi was taking his usual walk through the city, trying to find ways to make money, as he turns a corner and walks a little, he glances to his left and sees a beautifully built church.

he stands outside and just looks up at the magnificent building, then slowly he gets the sensation of burning crawl though his skin, he knows what’s about to happen so he doesn’t fight...Ryubi’s eyes close as his head tilts to the ground, then slowly comes back up, his face slightly different, nothing too obvious. “The house of the father...we must keep out of here Ryubi...it’s not a place for our kind. We are nothing to challenge the god himself.” Something says in the back of Ryubi’s mind. 

He takes a cigarette out and lights it. Continuing his walk whilst taking drags from his cigarette. 

Report Post Tip

Grizzly stops in to the Christ Church, He walks up the steps and enters the church. continues to the altar where he kneels as he pray.

Report Post Tip

Nomad approaches the magnificent gothic church after landing in Detroit and skips up the steps to the large wooden doors, he enters and proceeds straight to the back of the church walking calmly and quietly to kneel and look up to the stained glass window depicting the last supper

Nomads father wrote of his final hours and that he had enjoyed his last supper with those he was close to and mentioned that alot of the bibles depiction had so much meaning in today's world, this very much hit home for him.

Nomad stayed kneeled with his eyes closed and hands together under the large window as if nothing else mattered in the world.

Report Post Tip

EdSheeran walks into the church and this was not his usual science but he does like to visit all different places in the different cities he travels to, he can't help but notice Nomad sitting without giving a care in the world. So Ed walks over and sits next to him he puts his hands together and looks up, unknowing what exactly he is supposed to do next.

Ed and Nomad then sit in silence for the next 5 minutes

Report Post Tip

With a subtle nod Nomad acknowledges Eds arrival to a place he could tell he was not accustomed, moving over slightly to allow Ed to bask in the beauty of such a prestigious place. 

Nomad enjoys his times of reflection and allows any negative thoughts leave his mind and when the time feels right collects his positive thoughts ready for the day ahead until next time. 

As Nomad and Ed get up from there reflections they felt a sudden hunger. 

"fancy getting some food Ed?" 

Ed replies "food is always good in my book!" 

"I know just the place I passed it earlier! " Nomad says with excitement. 

Report Post Tip

Despite growing up in a highly religious family and culture, Taiga had never felt the affinity to a certain religion. She believed in a God, but didn't enjoy the theatrics that came with being religious, even moreso the hypocrisy. So how she found herself in front of one of the most popular churches in Detroit, she didn't know, but she knew that she had to talk to someone about the feelings she'd been having lately. Granted, she should probably see a therapist instead, but hey, not all of us have the time for a one-hour session.

Entering the confession booth warily, she cleared her throat and knocked on the window. "Hello, is anyone there?"

"Yes. And please don't knock on the window again. Now, what can I do for you, my child?"

She took a deep breath before she started her long-winded story. "Well, you see, there's this man. He's a terrible man who basically scammed us and wanted to sell both my sister and I into prostitution. Thankfully, he didn't get to do it but he did escape, so I never got to bring him to justice. Two years have passed and he's been starting to pop up again, showing up wherever I turn. Now, I've done some fucked up things--"

She was cut off by the priest clearing his throat. "Language."

"Right, sorry. I've done some messed up things but I can't seem to just finish the job whenever I see him. I freeze. I feel so helpless and I don't know what to do. I just want him gone. Father, is it such a sin to want to kill someone who's so evil?"

The priest paused for a moment, contemplating her question. "I understand your predicament, child, but you must trust that God will find ways to make him pay for his wrongdoings. He will find a way -- a vessel to make that man repent."

Taiga nodded, seemingly understanding what he meant. "I get it... you're saying I'm the vessel."

"No."

"Yes, I'm the vessel of God who was sent here to kill this man."

"No, child. Do not kill the--"

Taiga started gathering her things and smiled at the man behind the divider. "That makes it easier for me. Knowing God has my back on this whole shebang. Thanks for telling me that, Father. See ya."

"No that's not what I mea--" But by that point, Taiga already bounded out of the booth and put on her sunglasses as she headed out of the chapel with a devious smile.

Report Post Tip

Adrian walked into the Chruch it had been over ten years since he walked into one.  He sat over in the corner on the right and listened to the pastor speak.  He knew that their was a God and he knew that his job was that of God's sword on the earth.  To slay the sinners was his calling but the issue he was facing was his own sins and was he sending to many people to the other place before their time.   The pastor started talking about forgiveness and he wondered if the pastor knew that he needed to hear that or did he know Adrian's sins.  He wanted to feel peace in his heart and in his spirit.  

Then the basket was passed over to him and he tossed in a stack of bills it unturned out to be twenty five hundred bucks as the pastor was happy to see that someone put in the money for the new boiler that they needed to repair for the up coming winter.  Adrian had know clue then laughed as he realized that the wealth of the wicked was laid up for the Just and he just delivered the wealth.  He stood up and gave god a nod and smiled as he walked out feeling a bit better to be used as God's servant.  

Report Post Tip

Taiga's aimless wandering had somehow led her here, standing in front of the Christ Church again, after only a few weeks but what feels like years. With everything that had happened in the past couple of weeks, she needed some solace and peace -- something she'd been desperately chasing but failing to find. Stepping inside the church, she was no longer here for a confession, but a talk with the Big Man himself. Walking straight down the altar and sitting on the frontmost pew, she sighed before she knelt and clasped her hands together in prayer.

"Hello God. It's me, Taiga. But you probably knew that already." Jesus Christ, how do you start this? Wait, can I say Jesus Christ? Probably not. She argued with herself before clearing her throat and closing her eyes again, starting over. "God, I know I haven't been the... best person. I know you're probably not happy with my career choice and trust me -- sometimes I'm not too. But I'm asking you for some guidance. On where to go and who to be. At the end of the day... I just really want to be a good person, however cliche that may sound. A good person with a not-so-good job which requires her to do not-so-good-things to not-so-good-people... so it should cancel out, right?"

She sighed, of course not hearing anything back. Taiga had no idea what she was looking for or why she was here -- was it truly penance? Or did she just need validation? She tried one last time. "What I'm trying to say is... God, I'm sorry for everything. I truly do try to be a better person every day. I try to do twice as many good deeds as I do bad. I won't try to justify my actions any longer, because I know some of them are just... unforgivable. But I will try to be better. I just... I just need time to figure things out." Opening her eyes, she looked up at the figureof Jesus hanging on the wall and felt a weight lifted from her shoulders. Now she's not saying it was divine intervention -- more like her brain letting go of all the guilt she'd held on to for three years now. She smiled at herself and put her sunglasses back on, walking out of the church feeling a little lighter than she did walking in.

Report Post Tip

Say one thing for Logen Ninefingers... Say he felt lower than a snakes belly. Since arriving in Detroit he had faced adversity. It seemed the locals were unfriendly & people looked at him strangely. He lowers his head & his mind is clouded by the dark work ahead of him. Logen had a violent childhood & making bodies was not a problem for him. Digging one up however just felt wrong. Still wishing & hoping wasn't going to put food on the table. His father had given him some great advice "You have to be realistic about things"

Logen walks towards Christ Church & notices&nbsp;the Gothic style. A dark building for a dark task. The building is nothing like what he had seen at home the scale was too large & it appeared to be constructed with a mix of limestone and sandstone. Logen has no interest in the building his work is in the graveyard next door. Logen begins to dig 'What the fuck does this guy even want with a body?' better to not think about it. Logen clears his head & sets to his task. What feels like hours later with his back aching from the shovel work Logen has his prize. He hefts the body over his shoulder & sets off into the night looking forward to the $15,000 which he desperately needs.&nbsp;

Report Post Tip

"Oh for the love of-"

"SHH! Don't-"

"SHH!"

"Who the fuck you shushing you uptight cow!?"

Christ Church, a place of prayer and apparently according to his Irish companion, fighting. Shooting her a look, he noticed what she was doing. He softly smiled, amused.

Tilting his head to the side, he noticed where she was looking, to an elderly woman who looked at them with a scowl. Sal rolled his eyes, he had never been that religious. Of course, Keelin was, to an extent and yet here they were. Having a meeting in a fucking church sermon, great stuff. 

"Okay so, The Omertas want to deal and for the love of all that is good and unholy, stop staring down the old bat!"

Groaning, he turned to face her and noticed that she had barely paid him any mind without another he decided to grab her chin bringing her attention onto him with a soft smirk. 

"Okay fine, that's some good news...but the old beef they had with us and especially with your people. It's not going to hard to operate, plus, there is a matter of getting the old crew back together. Your grandfather and father had my grandpop at their right, who's going to be yours."

He sighed, if he wanted to do this, the building blocks were right there in front of him. He just had to be the one to take the opportunity or the Omertas would go elsewhere. He wasn't the only one dealing in this gun business, first, he would need to get the Fallen Angels on side, he knew exactly where they were, at least, the charter's out here. 

"You, Donnie has business in Chicago, taking him away from that weakens the hold of the Irish. I have no doubt that you have plenty of guys and gals who patch up your absence with ease in Seattle, this is going to be difficult but I think we could do it."

Meeting his eye, she nodded, heading out of the church while for a moment, Salvatore stayed looking around. He hoped that the preacher wouldn't be giving a sermon about him anytime soon, he intended to live for a while...

As his grandfather and father said, let the good times roll.

Report Post Tip

Ennio walked into the church and sat in the second last pew, taking in the high ceilings and people around him.

He walked up to an alcove on the side, placed some bills in a safe and proceeded to light two candles.

One for his good friends, OldBumMaggy and _Tish_. Dead before their time. 

His mind wandered, thinking of the people in his life. He was lucky indeed. He moved forward, genuflected and was amazed all the motions and prayers came back to him.

He wondered if every criminal began life as an alter server.

Report Post Tip

Say one thing for Logen Ninefingers... Say he was going up in the world. The last time he was in Detroit he had been digging up a corpse to sell to some pervert for a measly $15,000 since then he had started working with Rick Dalton. The man had a penchant for calling people 'fuckin hippies' but other than that he was great. He had introduced Logen to the smuggled booze game & Ninefingers had shown Rick a thing or two about beating people's heads in with a tire iron.

Logen was in town to collect a load of booze & provide security for the load on the way back to Bella Vista. He has a few hours to kill & as he walks past Christ Church his conscience gets the better of him. He walks into the grand building & slips a few bills into the donations plate. It won't wash the sin from him but it helps him feel better.

Good deed done for the day Logen walks out onto the streets of Bricktown. 'God won't help anyone who crosses me today' Ninefingers muses to himself.

Report Post Tip

Tristan walked into the Church and found himeself smiling and crying, happy and deeply sadden, the mixed emotions where uncontrolable.  Happy because his mother and grandmother would be proud to see him walking into such a place to talk with God, sadden because he lost so many good friends.  He prayed for each one and talked about each of their unique personality.  He wished that they were around but this was the life they each choose.  Tristan cried enough to weaken any man and he felt drained but then he spoke with God about himself and their was a renewing of his strengh that gave him the touch he needed to stand and go on with living and running his rackets even thou he heard his Lord tell him to come from out of that life.  

Tristan walked up to the front and saw an usher and asked what did the church need, the man said their was a fund for the Choir to get new robes and a fund for the chruch to get new padding for the seats.  Tristan smiled and ask how much were each fund in need of.  He gave the Church four thousand dollars in cash enough in to cover both, Tristan thought being in 1933 was expensive.  

Report Post Tip

A.H walked in looking at the high ceilings and the decor.  He sat in the back to pray alone hoping no one heard his plea.  He prayed over the friends that are gone, for change in him for peace of mind and wisdom to use what he has the rightway.  He prayed over his family and hoped that they prosper and find joy.  Then he looked around once more.  Then he asked his God to forgive him of his sin's and to give him strength to fight and sin no more.  They he told God his desires and ask that they come when he is ready and has the right heart to receive and appreciate the gifts properly.  A.H then stood and walked home.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Christ Church
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL