Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 03:06:52
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CRASH: Some info. Started by: Squishy on Jan 11, '11 04:22

On wednesday, the game's primary server took a shit. Long story short, all the backups on that particular drive were unable to be retreived. We are now up on a new 2nd server, and plan to have the original server back down at the datacenter to offer us a little extra redundancy as soon as we can afford to fix it.

Our latest offsite backup was dated the 2nd, so anything that happened on the 2nd after about 17:30 game time "has not happened" yet.

We are currently working on DFPs/BG HP, and plan to tackle people who purchased credits after that time who received them, but are not reflected in the backup. We should have these done in the next few hours, possibly stretching into tomorrow afternoon depending on if I can keep the caffeine flowing.

There will still be little issues that crop up here and there, and we will continue doing our best to iron them out.

I will make a more complete post tomorrow once we can get some more kinks worked out and some much needed sleep under our belt.

Report Post Tip

Currently Known Issues:

- Wack
- NPC's like RIA and MIA
- Drug prices not changing
- Crew setting options like RH/LH
- Probably other stuff that I'm forgetting..

Thank you oh so much for ALL of your patience.

Report Post Tip

Mobile users may experience problems staying logged in. The Bind feature seems to be having issues.

Drugs have been fixed. Credits bought through PayPal have almost been finished as well.

Report Post Tip

All paypal purchase of credits have now been fixed and resent.

Thank you all for your patience.

Report Post Tip

There are also issues with registering IRC nicknames using the IRC Nicks link under Management as well.

Please not this does not affect the actual nick registration on IRC. Nickserv is not linked to the game...

Report Post Tip

Our latest offsite backup was dated the 2nd, so anything that happened on the 2nd after about 17:30 game time "has not happened" yet.

Just to clarify.. ANY work done after that date and before the server shit the bed is gone. It cannot be retrieved. The game is as it was January 2nd around 17:30.

The data after that time cannot be retrieved.

No one is technically out anything...

Report Post Tip

My drug units have been affected i had 20 and now i only have thirteen.

Waiting to see if i get an update tomarrow.

Report Post Tip

Ok...

Let me say it again....

ANY WORK DONE AFTER JANUARY 2ND AT 17:30 IS GONE. THAT WAS OUR LAST OFFSITE BACK-UP. IT CANNOT BE RETRIEVED. YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.

So if you were at 13 units when this back-up was made.. That is what you came back with.

You will not be boosted to 20 units by the admins as there is no proof that you were there because all the data after JANUARY 2ND AT 17:30ish is gone.

The game, your character, are as they were at the time of the last back-up.

Report Post Tip

ok, so what if, i was at 36 units, before it went down, i am now at 33, the units had on the 2nd, but during that time i used credits to jb to get me up to them units, will those credits be refunded? because i had them credits before the 2nd.

Report Post Tip

How about if you purchased BGs? I know my CL had just gotten Well Protected the day the server crashed.

Report Post Tip

Taking a wild guess space pole I imagine you have your credits back already since the database has been restored.

As for CL bgs, the cash will still be in the game or waiting to be earned so the BGs wont be coming back.

Report Post Tip

Yes any BG's purchased after the 2nd, have technically not been bought yet. No money has been spent, so nothing to return.

Report Post Tip

Hours in last 24 hours: 0

LIES

Report Post Tip

Most important problem: I can't go past the first page of the forums. :(

Report Post Tip

I dont see votes popping. Not sure if it's just me 

Report Post Tip

No votes for me so far either.

Plus "Hours in last 24 hours" stays at zero.

Report Post Tip

also what about us that had time left on our tool bars do we get them back or have to use 5 more credits to buy new ones?

Report Post Tip

NPMs have been given extra time.

Timerbars and wackbribes are next up.

Report Post Tip

I want to thank you Scott, for all the work you and the rest of the admin staff is putting into this game to get it back to where it was.. or close too.. hah..

-Shawn

Report Post Tip

I want to thank you Scott, for all the work you and the rest of the admin staff is putting into this game to get it back to where it was.. or close too.. hah..

-Shawn

If this forum were like facebook, I would so Like this post.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CRASH: Some info.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL