Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 08:28:44
Page:  1 
MafiaReturns.com Short Story Contest Started by: Anubis on Jan 13, '11 21:25

(This is a repost from the 3rd.)

MafiaReturns Short Story Contest

Description

We are holding a short story contest for the users of MafiaReturns. Submit your 5,000 to 25,000 word Mafia themed short story to MrSSContestSubmissions@gmail.com These stories can be anything, but must have a Mafia theme, and be within the word count range of 5,000 to 25,000 words. The winning stories will be published an a MafiaReturns.com short story book which will be sold on Amazon.com to help fund the up keep of MafiaReturns.com so we can all go on enjoying the site as it is.

Submissions should be in Courier or Times New Roman font, size 12 saved in .doc file format. The story should be double spaced, with your name, email, and MafiaReturns.com username at the top of the first page.

Submissions will be accepted between today (January 3rd, 2011) and February 14th, 2011 -- in memorium of the Valentine's Day Massacre. I feel this is a perfect deadline for a mafia story.

Rules

• Stories must be originals. PLAGARIZM IS ILLEGAL. We WILL check for originality.

• Stories must be unpublished. By submitting you are agreeing to give MafiaReturns.com all rights to the story in question. By-line will be given. Rights revert to the author if their story is not a winner.

• Winning stories may be published in an anthology and/or online.

• Jurors are not eligible to win.

If you're not interested in submitting a story to the contest, but would like to act as a juror, please send a message to Anubis, not HelpDesk. This is because, to keep things fair, voting will be handled as such:

Submissions will be sent to the email detailed above. The only person who is able to access this email is myself. From there I will record each submission by email, username, and submiter name. I will then assign each submission a random number and email the jurors the numbered submissions without title or author name. From there the jurors will be required to read the submissions, and rank them from best to worsed. They will then email back the rankings, and I will tally the votes. I will then go down through the top winners until we reach a book size that I feel is acceptable.

Prizes will be announced at a later date.

Report Post Tip

Well, looking at it optimistically, the down time did give some people the chance to get their stories moving along.

I'm a cup is half full kinda guy...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: MafiaReturns.com Short Story Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL