Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 13:31:18
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Organized Crime Changes Started by: Squishy on Jan 13, '11 22:12

We have made a small change to Organized Crimes.

OC's can now be done 3 times a day (the grand total you make after completing 3 is still the same however)

The reasoning behind this is that since OC's can be done once a day, someone who logs in and performs very little work on a daily basis earns just as much as someone who puts forth a lot more effort. Now, someone who puts forth the hours and completes their OCs for the day will gain more than someone who doenst put as much time in - thus rewarding the more effort put in. As a side effect, this will also increase the number of different users you interact with - so hopefully this will have some positive social benefits.

Report Post Tip

Good swift thinking on the admin's part! Nice job.

Report Post Tip

If the daily grand total stays the same, this will greatly decrease OC earnings, for at least two reasons:

1. Until now you were allowed to organize 1 OC every 23 hours. Considering it takes some time for people to gather in one place, wait for the felony timers to be open and accept the invitations, this allowed to perform 1 OC every 24 hours.

Now the waiting time is 8 full hours, so no time is given for the logistics. Plus it requires you to be online at 3 specific times of a day. Logging in every 8 hours, precisely (and not for 5 minutes, because it takes a longer while to perform the OC), does not seem to be possible. I think the average will be closer to 2 OCs per day than 3.

2. With the old system, playing for 4 hours you could participate in 16 OCs. With the new system, it still is 16, but the cash is 1/3 of what it used to be.

I am not against the change, just wanted to point out the 2 issues.

I think it would be much better if you could organize the OC once every 6 hours but no more than 3 each day. This would allow for some margin for the logistics.

This way or that, dealing drugs will be a much much more important source of income now than it used to be.

Report Post Tip

I think nerfing the profits from NPC's and limiting OC crimes to a max of 125% or 150% of their normal payout would have been better than whatever this change is meant to effect.

Report Post Tip

GiovanniTosco,

We have just added in an extra hour of leeway time to arrange your OC's.

Thanks for your help.

Report Post Tip

I like this change. It doesn't matter so much now if you fail a OC. Less eggs in one basket sort of thing :)

Report Post Tip

I think this is working much better, with a lot more benefits !!

Report Post Tip

I've noticed the 'cooling off period' is still the same after an OC. Could I suggest that this is brought down to a 1/3 of what it was to bring it in line with other changes?

Report Post Tip

I am also not sure this will work out. Won't it be better if the payout is reflecting on your online time for the last 24hours and still have 1 OC to do? Dont know if this is something thats easy to code so dont blame me if not ;)

Report Post Tip

I must admit is more tactical and interesting way to take money out of the game as a lot of people may only do one a day, so could benefit players like me with a bit more time on their hands.   But will be interesting to watch

Report Post Tip

i think you'll see a short term drop in money as people like myself adjust to the change, but i also think that you'll see it pick up again once people do adjust. but overall, i like it.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe I only just seen this thread.  Three a day sounds good to me!

Report Post Tip

I was initially displeased with the change but have given it some time and sadly am still disappointed in it. I don't really see the benefits in any way, and frankly seems it's been tinkered with unecessarily.

I'm yet to make anywhere close to 1/3 of my normal single OC take prior to the change let alone 1/3 on each of the 3 OC's I can now run.

I'm not sure how the 8 hour wait time helps either... plenty of people play during certain hours of the day, during which they might work their asses of yet they'll miss out on at least one of their OC's each day due to being offline.

Previously the OC was something to be cherished and time taken over assembling a good crew in order to ensure success and good profit. Nowadays though theres virtually a constant stream of invites so I think it's devalued the skills needed.

Similarly for it improving communication and interaction between players. I think it's having quite the opposite effect tbh. I'd nearly always have messaged the OC organiser by way of thanks previously. But now that there's a near constant stream of invites though I rarely bother. Sending 20 messages a day saying 'Thanks for the invite' pretty much feels like spamming to me.

I'd whole heartedly support the reduction in felony timer after having completed an OC. It seems contradictory to what I've already said, but it's just logical isn't it, especially as the number of OC's being run has now trebled.

This change also pretty much negates the point in having a felony crime option at all. Would be interested to hear how many people ever commit felonies now, or if like me most of the site now just keeps their felony open waiting for the inevitable OC invite?

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Vector here, i'm not a fan of the change...

Report Post Tip

Change not needed. It can not be put clearer than Vector has taken the time to do. It is a change that is just counter-productive.

Report Post Tip

I am not behind this change either, I just find myself not bothering unless there is a group of others inviting me to theirs.

Report Post Tip

Agreed.

I am also not liking the fact that NPMs give a better payout AND better odds of succeeding when you have them in an OC. I know that when I do a crime I invite the lowest ranked and as many NPMs as possible, and I would choose NPMs over real players - that's just something that should never have been allowed to happen in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

^^^ What the last 5 people said. 

A change that makes commiting felonies counter-productive.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure whether it was an oversight or not, but as far as I know OC times are still 8 hours between each one which makes it impossible to do three a day. The one and only time I ever completed three in a day was during the huge durden spawn in January which I stayed awake for 30-40 hours at least.

Report Post Tip

Mar 14, '11 14:28

Crimes take a while to get organized! Your next plan won't be available until: Mar 14, '11 22:08:12

There is a 20 minute buffer for each, so its actually one every 7 hours 40 minutes, this way you have up to an entire hour a day to spend for setting them up, but still being able to hit the 3 mark.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Organized Crime Changes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL