Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 05:20:20
Page:  1 
Referral fraud - just a heads up. Started by: Squishy on Jul 15, '19 16:36

We have a very well paying referral system which puts a metric shit ton of credits, XP and cash into the game per month (Everything anyone you refer to the game gets via achievements, you also get, for the life of all their current future accounts)

This is only possible if the users are ethical about using it for its intended use of bringing *new users* rather than churning *existing users* to double up on rewards.

Over the next few weeks we will be cracking down on those who fraudulently abuse the system by reversing assets/XP given by the game, as well as jailing those who can not cover the fraudulent gains, and finally banning of those who aggressively abused the system.

Until the last day of the month we will allow amnesty so that rewards can be given back and clean slates can be given.

I look forward to working with some of you to get this corrected.

Thank you.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I have noticed that a referral I had used the link twice. the first time the referral did nothing, so there was no benefit to me from the initial referral. however on a new character the referral used the link again and is now better managing the new character.

Question is, is the referral link a one time use?

Report Post Tip

The referral link is a static link, it can be used over and over.  If you want to take it further in mobmail, feel free to mail me.

Report Post Tip

For people who can't think straight like me, can we have a better explanation please Squishy?

Report Post Tip

I think I need the referral for dummies hand guide.

Report Post Tip

"Hey Joe, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

"Hey Frank, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

"Hey Bob, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

"Hey Sue, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

"Hey Tom, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

"Hey Richard, when you die next, sign up under my referral link on a new account and I'll split the double rewards with ya"

Report Post Tip
The mail you sent to upper structures is meant to be specific to CLs or hands that may be doing this right? Not that you expect us to attempt to enforce something we cannot see or prove on our members?

Just wanted to get clarification please.
Report Post Tip

Mikhail, I was unsure of the same thing and asked Squishy.

Your assumption is correct, that mail was addressed to CL's and Hands only, not members.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The mail was addressed to all upper structure, for the upper structure, about the upper structure.  When a LHM or RHM get disciplined, so does the CL.  In this case, there are multiple RHM, LHM and CLs that have violated the rules when it comes to this. I am hoping to get this corrected so that everyone is on the straight and narrow before the 1st so that we do not have issues with members being stranded without leadership while we replace the CLs.

This may not be the place to ask this but what are the rewards you get for a referral?
Report Post Tip

Under the News & Info section, youll see "Referrals" which has some more information.

Basically its this... Lets say you introduce you friend to the game and he makes his first character with your referral link.  That means for the life of all his future accounts, every time he gets an achievement, you also get the payout for it too.  So if he gets that achievement that pays out 10 credits, you also get 10 credits.  He gets the one that spits out 500xp, you get 500xp.  He gets the one that pays out 10 million, you get 10 million.  This happens for all of their future accounts forever.

To help us, help you. Would it be agreeable that if the deadline is getting closer and certain people have ignored this within an upper structure, that you could let us know so we can help retrieve the stuff that they got and or help re-educate them on how to use it correctly? 

Report Post Tip

If people ignore a message as clear as this, they are playing with fire. 

Report Post Tip
I say why wait if they are exploiting the game get them out of here now .
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Referral fraud - just a heads up.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL