Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 06:19:05
Page:  1 
Meeting The Famillies Started by: HunterSolomon on Jul 18, '19 13:59

Solomon Manor, Chicago

Hunter Solomon would not delude himself, he knew nothing about high society and how he navigated his own business. Zoom, the name that had inspired fear in his opponents and men that wished to test their power in the speed force against him. Now he was a man that worked with Lex Luthor and looked to overthrow the current outfit of Chicago. 

Viti enterprise, this was something that he wished would succeed, the men and women involved with the crime lords of Chicago, did they deserve to be cast in the same light as their so-called partners? That was something he wondered now, were they guilty by association? Did they take part in ordering deaths or were they somehow next in office, just how far were they willing to go?"

Hunter did not know and he believed deep inside himself, he did not wish to know. These men, as far as he was concerned, they were worse. They knew what the mob did and yet they acted oblivious to the t, they associated with violent and cunning people, did they delude themselves as well? Now it was the time to find out, Hunter knew this was the first of many moments. This was going to be the establishment of his character in the underworld, the establishment of an ambitious LexCorp partner. 

"May I say something, sir?"

Turning his head and raising his blonde eyebrow, Hunter noticed how his butler, Wilson had nodded appreciatively. Smiling, he nodded and waited for whatever it was the man needed to say. 

"You look quite well, it has been some time since I first met you and I've noticed the changes. I must say, I do like this. You are proving to people that you are capable of change, I find it to be inspiring. Now, is Miss. Stryker meeting you here or are you picking her up?"

Hunter turned on the heels of his feet, the soft click-clack of his loafers echoing throughout the halls. His eyes held some genuine amount of happiness at the prospect of taking a renowned reporter to this event. Still, even if they had met under the odd circumstance of casually running into him. He found himself a bit taken by the reporter, she was a breath of fresh air, she was not afraid to say what was on her mind. 

"I'll be picking her up, why Wilson? Do you need to know if I'll be having a curfew?"

Hunter teased the butler, he found that the man acted like a father to him. Knowing the circumstance that they had met under, it was quite the moment that he found himself indebted to the man of the former Earth-1. Wilson being brought here was a massive boon that he had not forgotten, he thanked the powers of the speed force and whatever else for bringing this caring soldier of the crisis into his service. 

"No, sir, I just wished to know if I'll be able to use the car and take out my lady for some fine grub."

Hunter turned around, his eyes widening ever so slightly. There it was, the British accent did not mix well sometimes with the American 'slang' as some people called it in his time. Still, it was almost different from Wilson. Here he was and sounded oddly fitting for the man.

"I am using the car Wilson, apologies but you can use the other one."

Wilson stopped short, his eyes widening to the size of green tennis balls. Hunter noticed this and realized that this was the first time Wilson learned of the other car, he wondered how this was possible, he had informed him of this ages ago. 

"I told you of the car already Wilson, how did you forget about it?"

Wilson looked a bit sheepish, his hand scratching the back of his neck before Hunter asked the question again. A small amount of dread filled the butler as he met the gaze of his employer, the man's eyes had been soft, something that even if he praised it a lot. He was not used too, the Zoom, the Hunter Solomon of his world had been cold, cruel, and sadistic. 

It would be some time before he got out of the scarred state, actually, he thought for a moment and believed he would never be getting out of it anytime soon.

"I didn't forget per se, I sort of already used it and now well... it's in the Police Impound lot."

Hunter's eyes could not widen anymore, they were filled with pure disbelief. Was this the secret life of his butler? He was a party man and someone that wanted to live life on the edge? It seemed like something that would fit him in the end, he found it quite fun. 

"Well then, you better pay for it and get it back. Until then, you are not getting to use this car and some time, you are going to tell me the story of how that night even started. It seems like quite the funny tale, otherwise, I have to pick up a rather beautiful lady for the event of the year and I am not going to be holding back."

Hunter waved, winking at Wilson before heading down to the garage, still, he did catch the tail-end of Wilson's final words before he was out of sight.

"Don't do anything I would do now sir!"

Hunter shook his head before entering the garage and laying his eyes on the Mercedes-Benz W153, in creme and black, the car of his dreams was before him. He entered, starting the car and turning on some classical music as he drove to Windy City Hotel. It seems Sara wanted to check out the real high-life, using his name, she was able to score a nice room, courtesy of the Viti enterprise. 

They were laying it on thick and he liked it, he wondered how far they were willing to go for him in this little business meeting. 

'I guess I'll find out during the evening, let's go."

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $200,000 Tip

When Hunter placed his eyes on Sara, his breath was sure to have been taken away, he was sure that he had fallen to the ground in shock. How he remained upright was a shock to him as well, this was amazing and she looked beautiful in such a style. 

She wore a black deep neckline dress that hugged her curves and gave view to her cleavage, clearly, she was on a mission to impress, who, Hunter did not know but was enjoying the look she decided to go with here. It seemed that she went with minimal makeup and yet, still looked amazing as she walked to his car with a sway in her hips.

"Well then, Miss. Stryker, you do clean up well I must say. This is perhaps one of the times where someone has left me breathless, although, not by the force of a devastating blow to my stomach which is a plus."

He chuckled at his nonchalant reference to his days a vigilante, something that did not go unnoticed by Stryker. Her eyes seemed to zoom in on the man himself, finding to tidy up quite well and her thoughts were going to a different area than just business as it was between them. 

"Well Hunter, I do have to entertain and woo some people at this event, why not leave a few breathless and gain some information in the process?"

Shaking his head, Solomon opened up the door for Sara and closed it as she smoothly stepped in, admiring the car for all its worth. 

As he entered the car, Hunter noticed that one of the bellhops back in the hotel nodded at him in what seemed to be something of appreciation at the date he had. 

"You know, the common thing to do would be to nod back but since your a businessman, it would be best for you to take your date to the ball that everyone is talking about, no?"

Shaking his head once more, Hunter entered the car and drove off, his head turning to notice that Sara was checking her bag for something before she pulled out her notepad and pen. Chuckling once more, Solomon should of know, she did not travel anywhere without that thing and it was not a surprise once she pulled it out of her bag. 

"Mr. Solomon, you can stop ogling me like a piece of meat you know. This is for the people at the ball, not you. I would never treat you so cheaply, a man of your refined status deserves the best that someone can offer."

A tense silence settled over the former speedster, so much so that once they stopped at the light, Hunter drummed his fingers on the steering wheel for a moment before Sara released a growl wondering what she had said to cause the businessman to go silent like a child. 

"I assume that I said something that may have been the wrong thing to say, for that I apologize. I understand that you are from another time but still, I was joking, mostly. Would you wish to talk to me, Hunter? We are partners here, I would like to get to know you further, you're not alone in this."

Hunter tensed once her hand rested on his and he cursed when he flinched as it touched his own, it had been some time since he had received some genuine affection besides his former teammates and now Wilson, it was not something that he was easily going to be getting over. 

"Just, when you live in another time and relive some of the more traumatic in your life. It makes you wonder, how can people care for me? I'm a serial killer or was, it does not matter the term. I was still a serial killer and that does not allow me to escape justice, I should have been killed but it seems, someone, something wants to extend my suffering Sara."

Sara carefully placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled when he did not flinch, nor did he tell her to remove, not that he was going too. She doubted that very much, he seemed like quite the fine man to be associated with right now. Better than her current chief who was still obsessed with him, it did spark quite the jealously in her but she did nothing else. She always wanted to see this side of Solomon, a side that no one saw, a side that was broken. 

"Yes, you were. I know, I've heard the stories during the crisis. No one has forgotten that about you, no one has forgotten that you were Zoom, a former speedster obsessed with the Speed Force."

Hunter's flinched then, it was clear that her words were having an effect and she pushed on, hoping to break through to the man underneath. She knew which words earlier had affected him so much. She called him a refined man, something that he did not see in himself which was quite the shame. He was already a looker and could easily charm his way into the high society of the Chicago Outfit.

"They know this, the world knows this and chooses to see the Hunter Solomon that saved them, not terrorize them. You were a surprising beacon of light and hope in their dark world. They have not forgotten what you've done in your past, they have simply seen you in a new one, you are a new person even if you cannot see it. Everyone has, the Zoom I heard about, the one that tricked people, killed famillies and became an enemy to The Flash is not the man I see before me now."

Hunter raised his head with a smile, it seems the words that Wilson had said to him before he had picked her up had caused him to act up now.

"So you're also a motivational speaker now Sara? Who knew that before I lay the woman who wished to be my partner in everything criminal, now I thank you for granting a nice kick up the backside so I could take my head out of my ass, are you ready to hear the plan?"

Sara chuckled herself before nodding her head and allowing a small smile to twitch at her lips, she could tell that he was getting better, she hoped he stayed that way, allowing herself a glimpse at his eyes. She found herself captured before listening to his smooth voice. 

"Lex has given the nod that we secretly leak shipments of weapons to each of the three famillies at the ball. Only I think it would be best to not directly approach the bosses, only directly approaching Carla as she would be the one that would need most on our side for now. I want her to think that we are loyal and are ready to remove Luthor from power if need be, I need her to see that we can get her the weapons and schematics to certain weapons. With this move, it is risking our necks and we will be officially entering the game of politics with The Outfit. I need to know, are you ready for that?"

Sara checked deep with herself and found that she was ready, her inner reporter wanting the newest and most hard-hitting scoop of her career. If this went well then she would be looking at a promotion for sure, still, it was something that her reporter side had wanted, no, needed to be done and so there was that working for her. In case there were allegations of her doing her own rogue story.

"I am ready and willing Hunter, this is something that needs to be broadcasted, I cannot allow the daily planet to fall back with this. This is the story of a lifetime. It involves Chicago's most influential heirs to their family fortunes and then the head honcho herself. With the newest businessman on the block, it gives me a nice story and gets the public talking, why are you associating with rumored criminals? It paints well and you could turn it around in a one on one interview with me, of course."

Hunter loved seeing the reporter side of Sara taking a nice little stroll down into the dark alley that was the mafia game. Now they had to play this carefully, otherwise, they would be the ones on the chopping block, Hunter knew that he was already under pressure from Lex. The man wanted success above all, now this was the moment it all began. Their journey into the deep, dark, inescapable belly of the underworld. 

"Then what are we waiting for? Let us show these people we are ready to play their game, we need this, no matter who we will be dealing with."

Hunter smiled before taking off and driving down the road to the ball, something told him...this would be a night to remember.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"When someone like you enters this type of place, all the eyes will be on you and how you make your entrance. It all starts here, I'll be your dame in this situation. Don't get attached now Hunter, its all a part of the play. Let's go have some fun with the underworld."

Hunter stepped out of the car and stepped around the door to take the arm of Sara as she smiled lovingly at him, playing the part of adoring lover/girlfriend. Wanting to make it clear that no one else was to approach him, lest there be a fight that needed to be taking place at such a high-profile event.

"Don't worry now Sara, I am not the one who needs to worry about that. If by how you are holding my arm so tightly is anything to measure up with attachment, I'd say you were winning with a hundred points."

Hunter chuckled as if she had just told him something rather embarrassing, hence her blush that decorated her cheeks. Solomon waved to a few people, knowing that this was just the beginning, people would wave and wish to greet him like he was the most important man here. In truth, he believed that Carla had her plan and he was desperate to know what it was.

"Well I am playing the part as I have been taught to do, let us head inside before it looks like we're doing more than just whispering sweet nothings to one another."

Hunter blushed at such an insinuation before they both headed inside and found that this was a palace, nothing more. It was truly beautiful, decorated with crystal-like chandeliers and a stream of decorations hanging from the banisters. Waiters carried snacks, wines, and even cigars. It was for everyone to enjoy, this was how the other half lived. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in welcome Hunter Solomon of Solomon-Luthor Partnership!"

Hunter's eyes had gone wide and noticed Carla Viti on a stage with a microphone in hand as a spotlight had shone down on him as well as Sara, both of them in the literal spotlight and under the gaze of Chicago's underworld. They continued walking forward as the talk had died down, shaking hands with people here and there before they finally made it to Carla herself. 

He bowed his head, brushing his lips against her knuckles before Sara stepped forward, giving a courtesy hug without the usual kiss on both cheeks, instead, it was quite clear that she wished to remain at arm's length and by his side. He smiled at her with a forced smile before turning around, taking the microphone and addressing the crowd. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a true pleasure to be here among you today. Viti Enterprises, Vinci Trucking Company, and Ancelotti Olive Oil. All of you brought me here to the table, each of you has taken me in and I wish to thank you all today. Please, let us enjoy tonight, for we are building our future and new friendships. To our future and friendship, cheers!"

A thunderous round of applause would be heard back in Detroit, it was safe to say that Hunter had won over the crowd. Stealing a look at Franklin Vinci, Benito Ancelotti, and Carla Viti. He found that they were all smiling at him, yet underneath that, he could see it for what it was. The smile of a predator, someone who wished to sink their teeth into him and never stop pumping venom into him, turning him into their personal speed demon.

They wished to mold him, they would find that during this party, it would be a hard thing indeed. He stepped off the platform, hugging Sara into his side as he took a glass of bourbon from a server.  

"Good job, I noticed a few of them looked at you with a bit of surprise in their eyes, enough for someone to notice for a few seconds. It was clear, they did not expect to be mentioned in this little speech, still, I already have to talk with a Clairy Von-Roare. She has something that might be beneficial, do not get in trouble love."

And so she walked away with a subtle sway in her hips or maybe he was imagining that, for now, he drunk his bourbon and planned his next moves. The Chicago Outfit was still his primary focus and the party was just beginning.

Hunter continued sipping his bourbon before he was approached by the son of Franklin Vinci, Tomas. A man of business, Hunter tried to smile but instead settled on keeping his face blank as he watched the partygoers dance.

"Mr. Solomon, I must say, that was quite the speech you gave. Said the right words and about the right people, it shows that your serious and you wish to further friendship with all of them. Something that is going to be highly encouraged. you know, right?"

Sipping his bourbon once more, he spared a look at the heir to the Vinci family. He was ambitious enough, someone to watch out for and now this very heir was talking to him. Discussing the plans of the commission, he stepped forward when a sever came forward with a small appetizer. 

"I understand that Mr. Vinci, I am open to having such a friendship with the Viti enterprise. I think it would be beneficial for both our businesses to work together, it allows us to create a deeper bond and allow for new things to come into the light. Things that would help run the businesses that we all own run smoother than ever before."

Hunter ate one of the many appetizers that were placed on his plater before looking away, noticing the narrowed eye gaze that Tomas Vinci had on him. He was not nervous, he had faced bigger threats than the Vinci Mob or the Outfit as a whole. The look that Tomas was giving him was someone who realized that they could use him to further their position. 

"How would you suggest doing that Mr. Solomon? No offense, you work with Lex Luthor, someone who does not like working with the mob. It's not exactly the basis for a good alliance but gaining their trust and their investments is something that you would have to earn, working with Luthor has to give you some good insight, no?"

Oh, this was just too easy, he had been planning to already give up some information and here was Tomas trying to play manipulator. What did he get out of this? It had to be something important, otherwise, he would not have come to him like this. They barely knew one another, maybe he could use this but for now, he continued staring ahead sipping his bourbon once more. 

Sparing a glance to the Vinci heir, he found that he was looking a bit scared. 

'Oh, now that is certainly interesting.'

Sparing another glance, Hunter noticed Franklin eying them like a hawk but he was eventually pulled into another conversation. Only that did not stop him from occasionally sparing a glance at them, well, Hunter found this quite interesting now. It seemed like Father and Son both had different things in mind for their family.

"Mr. Luthor, he's quite selective with who gets certain projects. I've only got a few and still, it is something that has been entrusted to me by the man himself. It would not feel right to trade secrets with another person, outside of the company."

Hunter smiled, playing off the easy to please type of guy as he watched Tomas try to counter what he said, with great difficulty as well. Maybe the presence of his father now affected him in another way, he was looking like he needed a minute before he straightened himself out and drank his own bourbon. 

"How about a friend Hunter? I want to be your friend, I believe that we can help each other. By now, I am sure you noticed that all the other heirs here are looking at you like you're a golden ticket. I don't want that, I wish to know the man behind the suit. I wish to know Hunter Solomon, the man who carved his way into his business and seems to only go up in his status nowadays."

Now, this was a bit different, it almost seemed like Tomas had gone from manipulator and then, idolizer. He was shooting on all cylinders and hope they would work for his plan, something that the former had to applaud him for, it was nothing if not genius from Tomas. 

"Very well, if you wish to learn then you will meet me with others who wish to learn. We shall meet in the garden in a few moments, from there, I can see the new minds that will take this business by storm in the future. It will be interesting, I have no doubt about that."

Tomas smiled before he dashed away, all hope within returned and he seemed to be looking much more encouraged than he had been this entire party. Which had only been going on for a while now, Still, he could not help but smile at the look before he felt someone standing behind him. 

"Mr. Solomon, it seems like we've not had the chance to speak."

He knew that voice, deep down he knew he did. Turning around, he came face to face with the man that killed his friend, the man that killed Godspeed. This was him, Eobard Thawne. The murdered, time traveler, and now the fastest man alive.

"No I do not believe that we have Mr. Thawne, it's a pleasure to see you here at such an event. I do wonder why you are here, one would think that you were dealing with the repercussions of the Crisis."

Thawne smiled, pissing off Zoom as the speed force withing started to get much more potent. His eyes glowed with the blue lightning that he was now known for, something that had Thawne smirking, glad to see that the speed force was still there. He had it but it was faint, something that had Thawne take notice. 

"No I was rather fine after certain things were claimed in that battle, I was left to my own vices and now I work with the Chicago Outfit as their head freak you could say. They know that I can the way they rule this little board, they help me I help them, it's a good little bonus as well."

Hunter's eyes narrowed, he believed Thawne had died, he believed that he had avenged his friend, now that was all a mistake. Thawne lived and was working with the Chicago Outfit.

"I would caution you Solomon but now, I believe you have other business to tend too. Good luck, you'll be needing it."

Without another word, Thawne left him and for a second, Hunter thought he would have been dead. It was no secret that Thawne had found out many things but the one thing he couldn't handle now was the fact that Zoom was faster than him, everyone knew that, if Hunter had his speed...only he did not and now a greater threat than the Chicago Outfit had just entered the game.

Report Post Tip

Hunter had gone pale away, his breathing became labored and his eyes narrowed at the thought of Thawne being here, a lapdog of the mob. A speedster in the hands of these people? Eobard did not know of his speed missing, he could see that he was cautious, not ready to face him yet and Hunter knew it would need to be that way for a while. Thawne did not trust him, in fact, Hunter was sure the man wished to kill him. 

"Darling, you are looking awfully pale, is there something that your date could do to warm you up?"

Turning his head with a lopsided smirk, Hunter found his eyes looking into the stormy grey of Sara Stryker, here she was. She was quite the spitfire, he could give her that gladly and he would see that she was going to be a great woman for someone to have in the future. He walked towards her, bringing her into a hug so that he could whisper in her ear.

"Eobard Thawne is here, he seems to be allied with the Chicago Outfit. We have to play this easy now, otherwise, we risk to have this blow up in our faces."

Sara was tense, her whole body locking up with such fear that she never knew possible running through her body. She was already pulling back from the hug but she was fearful, she looked around the room for the man and saw him, he was talking to Franklin Vinci but noticed her gaze, raising a glass to her in cheers with a smirk twitched at his lips. 

"I thought he was dead, how did he get into the employ of the Chicago Outfit? They can't possibly know he's a freak as they say, right?"

Hunter shrugged, not even knowing as that was the farthest thing from his mind at the time. The man that had caused him so much heartbreak, the one who killed August, made him sacrifice his speed was here right now and he could kill him. No one would bat an eye, lest they wish to be on the bad side of the speed demon, the one they feared, all he had to do was flip the switch and he could become a different man entirely.

'You can't lock up the darkness!'

Hunter brushed his hair back with his hand but if one paid close attention, they would be able to see that he was pulling at it. He was ready to kill this man, only he was stopped when Carla Viti walked towards him with a purpose, he could see a glint in her eyes. Like she was eying her prize, the piece of meat that had been seasoned to perfection and how oh so tender he would be to sink her teeth into, oh yes, she was clear in how much she wanted him in her organization.

"Excuse me, Stryker, it seems we have to entertain once again. Do not worry, he'll not hurt you with me here. I promise you that."

He placed her behind him, making sure to keep a tight grip around her waist as to show she was under his protection. It did not go unnoticed by the Viti leader who looked on with a rather forced smile, something that had him chuckling on the inside but he was all business on the outside, his eyes narrowing slightly to show he was not exactly in a good mood. 

"Mr. Solomon, I see you've met a few of our more prominent members. Tell me, how have you found our little party here so far?"

Hunter smiled before walking with Sara in his arms, receiving another glass of bourbon from a sever. 

"It's been an experience, I met Eobard Thawne and Tomas Vinci, both men seem to be quite the personalities. I would wish to work with them further if I find some kind of business to do with you all in Viti enterprise."

Solomon needed to pretend but he found it fascinating once Carla's eyes had lit up like a child who was so close to getting her favorite toy. It was quite a state and now here she was, standing in front of him like he was god and she was a mere peasant worshiping him. 

"Well, I do hope to introduce you to some people of high-profile, would you wish to meet them?"

Hunter's eyes had widened in faux disbelief before nodding with a genuine smile that seemed to placate her enough. Walking together, Sara spared another glance to the reverse-flash and found that he was watching her as well.

Thawne knew that Zoom would have told his date, she seemed to know a little too much and now she was watching him, ready for him to make the first move. Only it would not be him, it would be Zoom himself. He was playing it smart this time, he was not going to be failing in his pursuit.

Report Post Tip

Bowing his head with a sigh, Hunter stood on the balcony of the Viti compound. After meeting all those people, from politicians to men of honor. This game was never going to easy, it was not going to be difficult and now it was worse. Something that could never be replaced, people sat in their seats and enjoyed the perks, never once thinking of who this would be effecting. The people of Chicago deserved better men, they deserved real leaders. 

Maybe it was time for the vigilante to come back, vibrating his hand Hunter had scoffed once it fell limp at his side. Once more, it mocked him so sweetly and decided to test him most sinfully, Eobard Thawne. A man that had been cursed, praised and all but caused Zoom to because the speedster he was today. A man of vision, a man that saw the entire board before acting.

The speedster that wished for the crisis, a man that looked out for his interests and only his. Solomon knew this to be true, maybe it was time to send Jesse hunting. Bring the Reverse-Flash to heel, a bitch needed a master and Eobard had been without one for so long. Maybe it was the time that he got put back on a leash. 

"I keep getting asked questions down there, where is Hunter? Is one of the very questions that I am being asked, and they ask me, why has he disappeared? They wish for your presence like a loyal hound. It's quite adoring, if not a little sickening at the same time. They wish to shower you in compliments and show you their daughters, they wish for the speedster to be at their side and I can't say that I blame them."

Zoom turned his head and found himself staring at a new person altogether. Who was this? The person stepped into the light and finally he saw who it was, Benito Ancelloti. This was a surprise, why had he of all people been asked of his presence? Where was Sara? Deciding to wait to ask that anyway, he decided to think about this. 

"Mr. Ancelloti, why would you be getting questions about me I wonder?"

Smirking, Benito stepped next to Zoom and started to light a cigarette he inhaled with a clear thirst in his eyes, he did not care for what the speedster had to say but this was his reputation on the line as any other of the famillies. 

"You are sponsored at this event Mr. Solomon, the three of us brought you to the table as you bravely said. People expect us to know about you and indeed we do, things are about to become quite different now Solomon. We have changed the game with your and Thawne's arrival."

Seeing the look on his face was the same as always, he was not allowing his emotions to play out. That was quite professional of him, still, it was boring to the bloodthirst inside of him. Benito wished to see the action that only the Reverse-Flash and Zoom could provide. Now truth be told, they did not two speedsters under their employ but it added to their power and their threats to enemies back in the old country.

"Yes, I know of Thawne already Benito. He is quite the person that I've met here and there, tell me, why have you come here now? This is more than just business, you wish to start something, why else would you come here Ancelloti? You're ambitious like me, you do not wish to be under Carla any longer I understand."

Benito pretended to not hear but decided to press this anyway, he knew that he had nothing else to do back at that boring life of a party. Now he had something different before him, a speedster that could change the world. A shocking thing that one would believe impossible, only the impossible was now possible, Benito saw it. Now, he was not letting go, he would grip tight and enjoy the ride for dear life. 

"How can you understand this? You're a speedster, anything is possible for you! The world is at your fingertips, all you have to do is reach out and take it for yourself!"

Hunter chuckled, how poetic that he was leading him to this, now he would know just how to manipulate this old bastard. Soon enough, he was going to be at his feet begging for the scraps that he would receive out of the mercy that Zoom had so little of. 

"Oh I understand well, working with Lex Luthor, it's only temporary. I aim to take him back to where he came from, a place where he can never bother anyone again. It all begins with this, take it and you'll be owing me a favor, understood?"

Benito nodded, taking the piece of paper as he looked down in shock. This was, wow. Nothing would ever compare to it again, this was the big one that he craved, the biggest piece of the job that he would ever receive. 

Plans to rob Lex Luthor's weapons and keep them? 

"What's the price?"

"Loyalty, you owe me that and I will not tell Carla or Franklin of the drop. This remains between you and I, understood?"

Benito, being the greedy and ambitious bastard that he was had been ready to not tell Carla or Franklin.

"I understand, they will not hear a peep out of me, this I swear to you Zoom. You have my loyalty."

Benito walked, muttering to himself about all the riches he would soon have at his fingertips, believing that he had just become one of the most powerful men of the Chicago Outfit. 

However, Hunter was quite well, his eyes held desire and his lips stretched into a smirk, his plans were coming together and Lex would be pleased that he managed to snag one of the more ready bosses. Now he needed to convince the other two, work never ended for him.

"And thus it began."

Report Post Tip

Hunter stayed on the balcony for a little while longer, he enjoyed the peace oddly enough. War did not always agree with him, the little time that he had for himself did leave for peace and he enjoyed it. Now here he was here enjoying it once again, he did hear more footsteps behind him but he did not wish to turn and greet whoever this was. 

For his own plans to work. he needed to make sure that he knew nothing of his own plans. Still, it would be quite hard, either way, Hunter was prepared. One needed to be in order to keep a calm and cool head, now more than ever, he was in this position. He was ready to be in this position. 

"Mr. Solomon, your date seems to be getting quite angry with you. She stands alone, batting off suitors who wish to dance with her. One would think that you are avoiding her which I know to not be the case, just what is going on?"

Ah, the voice of a wise old man. This was now a game he would not be playing, Franklin Vinci was an old-timer, someone who believed in loyalty and the old ways. Now more than ever, Hunter felt some fear, something he never felt with anyone else. Not even his own father but that was not what he wished to touch on today. 

"Don Vinci, it's a pleasure to have you here entertaining me. I mean you all no disrespect, it's been quite the night. Especially on this day of all days, just after we settled everything, things of the past seem to come back and poke at us, don't they?"

Vinci smiled knowingly before standing next to Hunter, his hands in his pockets as he kept an eye on the people below. Some of them were guards, others being members of the society and some politicians.

"They do, some enemies do never wish to rest, they always come at us with swords and daggers in hand. They will never rest Hunter, whoever it is that is after you. They will wish to harm you beyond repair, I say that you keep your hand steady and your mind sharp. You will need it in the moments to come, this life, even if we show with the glitz and glamor is not what it will be in truth."

Vinci started with a somber tone, his eyes were distant and he knew that giving this man something would ease him hopefully. His past was still there, his past was never-ending as he had the power of a speedster in his veins. Still, he would have to live for something other than himself at this moment. He would need someone to fight, to die, and to kill for!

"Indeed? I knew that already Don Vinci, I came here because I wished to see how the other half lives. I hear so much about the honored society and how they do business, it is something that I found interesting with time and then my own research had a limit. I learned what I could and so I came here, even if as a rep of Solomon-Luthor Partnership."

Vinci found this man to be quite a delight, he was different from the usual business reps that he found from time to time. Here he was, a man of the honored society talking with another of business that did not concern him. Maybe it would, in the near future. Maybe it did, what did he know? 

He was no fortune teller, they only had speedsters and others now. This type of new earth as the people who protected them called it, they had to be settled with what was now theirs.

"Well I do hope your curiosity has been quite sated with this balcony, for now, we should be getting back to the party."

Nodding to himself, Hunter and Frank made their way back as they were immediately accosted by their different parties. With Sara immediately striding towards Hunter with a look that he never has seen before on her face, urgency, and fear.

"My love, we must dance or should you wish to not enjoy the afterparty that I have planned?"

Hunter had the 'oohs' coming from all the men who watched him, immediately he took her hand and guided her onto the dance floor as people watched them with certain glints in their eyes. Most of the women and some men on him, while the men were on her, it seemed that they were now the shining jewel of this party. It would have a big a moment but instead, she leaned her head on his shoulder and whispered in his ear. 

"Something is happening, I see guards with guns and their associates wearing armor, not good enough for this time but enough to stop a grave injury. It's almost like they are preparing for an attack Hunter!"

As she finished those words, it was as if she was a seer and suddenly her prophecy had come true. The right wall to the side of the compound had been blown, many people dying in the process as many of the guests began to scream in terror as LexCorp Soldiers stormed the event and began shooting everyone, including Hunter who sped himself and Sara to safety...

"What the heck was that Hunter!? What happened to the plan!?"

Hunter looked over the railing of the stairway and noticed the soldiers had begun attacking in waves, sending numerous men. It was a sight to behold that the men of LexCorp were armed to the teeth with such weaponry, it was honestly quite shocking but he was wondering the same thing, what happened to the plan!?

"I have no clue and if I don't help now, they will question my allegiance, even if I have to take some shots...Lex has caused war and he knows that much. He did not wish for bloodshed but now he has done just too much!"

Sara watched the man before her for a moment, here he was, not Hunter Solomon but Zoom, a protector, a man of honor, a Speedster!

The War Is Afoot

Thanks for info. Very interesting.

Hunter never felt so much anger, fear, and sadness all in one. The moment of betrayal had been erased, all that remained was his cold unfeeling self in his place. The soldiers under the Chicago Outfit started to fire and he wondered what was going on for a second, just how many people were going to be dying today, this was a battle in itself, between his speed and willpower to do the impossible. 

His speed had been shorting out, it was....not now that he needed it to happen, deciding that this was enough, he growled and rushed the wave of men coming in to attack the Chicago Outfit. All his aggression channeled into this multiple was enough for him to watch as their bodies fell to the ground. 

"Hunter, we need to support one another now! I do not care for the matters of the crisis but these people, they have something I need! Just help me, now!"

Growling under his breath, Hunter turned his black eyes that were filled with the desire to do battle. No one would tell him otherwise, the speed force crackled around him with a simple wave of his hand as he pointed for Eobard to go in the other direction. Now was not the time for his schemes, even if he did mean it once upon a time. 

"Leave Flash Fanboy, Lex wishes to test me and the defenses of the Outfit, he will see what I can do."

Enough was enough as Zoom sped around and phased through the LexCorp soldiers, all of them fell to the ground with blood pooling around them within seconds. This was a massacre, Zoom was taking his anger out on these poor souls that were under orders from the man himself and yet he did not care, he was willing and ready to spill blood once more. 

Suddenly the speedster came to a stop and not by the will of his own, it seemed that his speed, for now, had run its course. Picking a gun up from a nearby soldier of LexCorp, he fired without another thought and decided to put the minimal abilities of his speed to good use. 

The speedster slowed down time, he fired at each man with ease and reloaded just as easy before firing once more as it settled over the Viti compound. Everyone looking to one another, seeing that they were all safe except a few soldiers and people of high profile who had been caught due to the explosion. This was just a massacre, in both the eyes of the people that had been killed and many of the LexCorp soldiers. 

"What do you know of this, Zoom?"

Turning his head, he noticed the glare of Carla turned onto him, this was the moment that things had changed and he was no longer in control. Gun still in hand, he watched them with a bloody grin, his eyes still black as his voice was distorted. 

"I know nothing Carla Falcone, I know of nothing! I am but the sword that Lex wishes to wield and make sure to carry out his dream of a united world under him! One man of tomorrow and one man should lead us there or is there something else that you all wish to hear?"

Carla narrowed her eyes, not afraid of the speedster, well she knew that was a lie but she could not allow the fear to show on her face. People expected her to step up and she would, they had been attacked by this man's associate. All were having a good time, all had been doing well and now Lex decided an attack on the most powerful famillies in town would be a nice goodbye present.

"You already knew so much Solomon, you knew our names, you knew my name. Not Carla Viti but Falcone, my brother is not here obviously but that is why Lex made you be here today, is it not? To assess the power of the Falcone crime family. Now his men shoot at you, I wonder, did you piss him off that much?"

Zoom's eyes turned back to the normal color as he settled on her but the one thing that did not leave was the bloodthirsty grin that he had moments before, maybe the vigilante was always there, just in another way...

"Maybe I did, maybe not. All I know is that he wishes to kill me! Now you will have a willing ally against Lex and his bunch of fools who know not how to fight on the field of battle and we do. This is more than pride for me now people, this is about revenge and the safety of people who are now under threat from Lex himself. Think about it, I will be at my manor, should you need me."

Zoom motioned for Sara to follow and she did with quick steps as the famillies noticed the lacking use of his speed, just what happened during this battle? The speedster no longer wielding the powerful advantage that he had over Lex? Would this spell doom or was this just the newest thing that the speedster now came to terms with?

"Oh, we will be meeting you soon Mr. Solomon, of that I have no doubt. You are someone that we would like to have with us in Chicago, even against Lex Luthor."

Report Post Tip

My name is Hunter Solomon, once upon a time I was a speedster working for Eobard Thawne. 

I became a man hell-bent on becoming stable within the 1940s criminal underworld, it was a hard journey. 

A Crisis had come for us all and soon I found myself losing friends, allies, and even former enemies. It was a time that bonded Hero, Villain, and neutral with one another. 

Now I find myself in the employ of Lex Luthor, a businessman ready to bring about the future. 

Only he has decided to enact a plan that brings about a war in Chicago, one that may end in the deaths of people close to me.

This is the beginning of his downfall and my beginning as the one who shall succeed him, I am Hunter Solomon, a man of honor.

Hunter sat in his solar, drinking alone as he sat opposite Sara who was still dressed in the gown that she had worn to the party. It had only been hours and yet the effects were still there, this was something they had never expected. It was a massacre, one that ended in the deaths of many other men and women, maybe this was a new crisis and he had to carry a new style, one that would be effective against many others. 

"Are you going to say something? I need to know Hunter, why did he attack? You guys had a stable plan, one that was bound to work and sow distrust between the three core famillies while you people grew, attacking from behind the scenes."

Hunter bowed, a gun by his side, something that he found comforting with his speed a bit different now. He would be able to adjust but not quickly enough, if this was war, then he had to collect some men of his own and begin to instruct Jesse Quick. A change would be coming and he wanted her out of harm's way, as well as S.T.A.R Labs. 

"I wish I knew, Lex Luthor is a man that no one really knows. Now he has assaulted people of high society, with connections, while he has some of his own, not enough to sway the Outfit from this. They will want blood and plenty of it, both sides will wait for my own statement to be made. Who I said with and who I will be against, they believe I hold the winning card for them...the one that grants them the win."

Hunter chuckled, the Outfit held Eobard Thawne, even if the man was not trustworthy. Clearly, he felt like they had been beaten down enough and decided to offer his assistance, why? It still racked around in his brain but he found nothing and he hoped to find nothing for now.

"Well then, I suggest you begin to learn. Lex did this for a reason, he wanted you surprised and shot at for a reason! He needed to like that, ready to kill and to earn their trust. Why else would he wish to join you at your firm and then kill you moments later? He earns nothing and loses a speedster in Jesse Quick..."

She trailed off, realizing that Jesse Quick had never been mentioned before in the crisis or anywhere else. Hunter's eyes had narrowed, already heading in the direction she had and was about to question her when Carla Viti entered with a squadron of soldiers armed to the teeth with Pistols and Thompson Machine Guns, well this was a very new development.

"Donna Viti, I find your presence here to be quite surprising and with men too, I wonder what this is about. Actually, I know what this is about. I do hope for something to be brought here Donna, I want to be able to move past this. Be assured, myself and my partners in the firm knew nothing of this cowardly attack. Lex Luthor has made an enemy of Speed Inc, something that won't be forgotten."

Carla looked at Hunter and she could see his eyes, he was angry and that was not towards the Outfit, it was Luthor and she could see it all. Genuine anger, not fake, nor was it forced. Here lay the object that would bring about the end of LexCorp, a new form of Hunter Solomon sat before her, a gun in hand and bourbon in the other...he had changed.

"Oh the Outfit remembers Hunter, we always do but we need to be sure, will we have the Speedster Zoom and all his allies with us? Make no mistake, this is war. Lex Luthor made the last mistake of his life, nothing is going to be the same again, he will be run out of this and so long as I draw breath, he will be an enemy of Chicago."

Zoom watched her for a moment, taking a sip as he continued watching her before coming to a decision. One he knew would change the course of the Underworld forever, this was the end of LexCorp. No one got away with harming his people and lived. 

Report Post Tip

Hunter looked at the woman with a tiny amount of fear in his eyes, now he would be the first to say that working with the mob and Lex Luthor were two different things but with recent developments. He knew that a change had been coming, it happened already, now he needed to bring something to the table, he needed to make sure that this was different, no one was going to be played at his table. Everyone had a say in the business, a new era was being formed for Speed Inc. 

"Well Carla, I do believe we can come to an arrangement, Lex Luthor has endangered the lives of many people. The citizens of Chicago being one of the many people, he led an assault against myself and my partner, Sara Stryker. He injures politicians, while not the best or all their type of people that would be wanted in government, they were still there, to say the least."

Carla knew where this was going, Hunter Solomon was seeing what Lex was really about and all he needed to do was say the words. It would be done, he would be with them and then they would be unstoppable, Lex would be the recipient of a speedster beatdown. Yet Carla watched him for a moment, there he was, Zoom the God and only he did seem the same. His speed, he did not use it as much and she wondered, would that be for their benefit or would it hinder them against Lex?

"Your own men, while I did only meet a few such as Tomas and a few others. I could see that they wanted to do business with me, regardless of who I was associated with, they saw me as a businessman and that is all I could ever ask for."

Carla wondered where he was going with this, she knew this was leading somewhere. Maybe he was not allying or joining up with them as she had first thought, still, she waited with the guard behind her as he kept a hand on his pistol and he held a distant gaze in those eyes of his. 

"I already know what you and Luthor saw me as Carla, I could feel fear, knowing that my speed would fail me at the moment. Only you need me, you need me more than I need you. The resources at my disposal are something you need, I could see the look in your eye the moment you called me onto that stage. You wished for everybody to see me, at the Viti Compound, invited by the boss herself. You were working an angle, as we all do some of the time."

Carla motioned for her guards to stand down, she took a seat opposite Zoom, she was not scared of him. In fact, she admired the man sometimes but this was business and she needed to do what was best for the Chicago Outfit, and Luthor was not the best, never would be. 

"No I know what I see you as Zoom, make no mistake. You're an advantage that many people would wish to wield, now it is time for you to make a decision, will you be with us or against us? I am ready to face Speedster with Speedster if needs be."

That is when he knew, Solomon smirked as he could see the trust she held for Thawne and from that very moment, she was doomed. No longer would she be ready for the true battle of Lex vs the Outfit, he could use this to press his own advantage. 

"You can leave now Carla, Speed Inc will fight Lex Luthor but on its own terms. Goodbye."

Report Post Tip

"Was that wise? Now she will spin this another way, the famillies will be disrespected and probably believe you mean to remove them and Lex, take the power for yourself. What is this plan of yours? You do not exactly hold that much power with people, just what did you hope to gain from this, hm?"

Hunter looked ahead, noticing how quick she was to turn this conversation around and how she seemed to be avoiding his gaze. Oh he would question her eventually but he would allow her this moment, she knew something about Jesse Quick that no one but the crisis members of Team Zoom would know. Now he had to keep a close watch on Miss. Stryker, she was now a bit suspicious to him. 

"Peace and Quiet Sara, they will not be bothering me for a while but do not believe that someone else will come and try to talk. They will send more, they cannot handle being denied and if I am to deny them too many times, they will send more than one person to remove me from the Chicago business as a whole. This is the new political game, we have to be ready for it. We have our sources and income, we do not always have to turn to Lex or the Mafia."

Sara watched him for a second and she knew he was right, they were some of the biggest money-lenders in the known world but he was known to be a generous man in some circles. Still, he was the speed demon, the man that stood above all in terms of the speedsters, a man that had become the devil himself and had perfected himself only to end up here. In a time where people wished to use him and become more powerful. 

"You say that you wish for peace and quiet, yet you and I both know you will never have it, not as long as the old crone draws breath. You will not be free, you know it. So tell me, why do you choose to wait when you have S.T.A.R Labs, even others in the different cities who will wish to assist you in such a battle. This war now involves you, now make a choice because either way, you will be fighting and it will be bloody. War always is."

Zoom looked at her, she was knowledgeable and trying to get him involved with this, just what was she doing? She was not being subtle, she was hitting the nail rather forcefully and now this was coming to bother him some, he decided to lean forward, eying her for a moment and noticed the subtle way in which she adjusted herself when his hand rested on his gun. 

"There is something that you are not telling me about you, Sara Stryker, maybe you do work for the Daily Planet but this, the assassins plan was something you encouraged me on. I'll find out who you are Sara and then I'll find out what your doing here because I can see it, you're experienced."

Sara smiled standing from her seat, walking over to his desk as Hunter kept his eyes warily on her. She was no longer trusted, it was clear from the moment that she mentioned Jesse Quick, maybe she should have told him about certain things but it would make nothing better now. This life had a way of twisting the truth, maybe Zoom was getting more involved with it, losing himself to the thrill and chase.

"You do not trust me because I mentioned Jesse Quick and then you wish to throw things in my face. Nice Hunter, you really have this thing down. When they come for you, don't say I did not warn ya because they will and when they do, remember that Stryker said 'told you so."

Zoom smiled, his eyes going pitch black as he settled his gaze on her and he laughed at her. She blushed darkly, embarrassed but her anger was showing and only then did he see the speed as she threw a punch at him and he caught it. Showing that he was still able to do certain things with his speed, he just could not run. 

"Now, just who are you and how did you get your speed?"

Zoom smiled, not at all unfriendly but it was meant to calm her down as he now had a new speedster before him. He wanted to speak if she would have that, he was not going to be taking advantage of her like any other but she wanted him to fight. Not just for himself or his friends but herself as well, 

"I was ready to beat you down but here you are, stopping me. Well then, let's talk and see where it leads, Zoom."

"You drew your speed forth and I answered, so who are you and why have you come here to work for me?"

Sara chuckled, her reasons were not that bad. She knew that Hunter Solomon would be the one that came out on top with his own brand of people coming to assist him, what didn't happen was Jesse Quick. Oh the timeline had changed once again with another Speedster's involvement and instead of Solomon himself dying, it was now Godspeed, all because of Jesse Quick, the timeline needed to be sorted out, it needed another speedster at the right hand of Zoom. 

"I am Sara Stryker and no I was not involved with the crisis but I was brought here to shift the timeline onto the correct path, Godspeed was not meant to die during the crisis. He had his own path, he was supposed to become his own man under you and start his own life. Given your leave, obviously. He would have given you legitimacy, now with him being dead, people will question you."

Zoom shrugged, he knew that she was getting to something but she hoped she would use her own speed and just get along with it. He still didn't trust her enough to believe that she was brought here. The Godspeed business made sense when he died, Zoom knew he lost something big and people would begin to question him, it had already started before Lex and now he had wished for the enforcer of his ideas to be put back at his side.

"The speed force works in mysterious ways Hunter, I am here to give you the same treatment that Godspeed would have. I know I am not him but I can be my own style of vicious. I am here to support you and get you to the pinnacle of being the leader that this Earth needs. Everybody should know the name of their leader, still, I would like to help you deal with this, the only way I know how."

Hunter knew she would have been valuable, heck every part of his body wanted to keep her here. She would be needed in the time to come but he felt something about her that was off like she was not telling the full truth about her situation. What could he do? He would not be the one to force it out of her but she needed to tell him on her own terms, she would need to tell the truth and soon. 

"Tell me, Sara, you've told me why I should keep you and why are you here with the speed force selecting you to be at my right hand? You wish to be the one that has the men at your command, now granted, they're not much but they fight capable enough. You, on the other hand, are a speedster. Someone with training, someone with the ability to change my men and bring them to heel. That is interesting and I would pay well for that but please do answer my question first."

He noticed that she seemed quite stumped, instead he leaned forward, deciding to speak again clearer.

"I mean, out of all the speedsters, it chose you, why?"

Sara bowed her head, knowing that she did not want it to get this type of level already, it was quite infuriating but it was needed and he would need to know for the future unless it came up another way. Something that she would not allow to happen, no matter which way he took this, he would know and he was going to be telling her.

"I am here and I believe it chose me but because I am the daughter of Godspeed, that is how I am a speedster. August Heart was my father."

Report Post Tip

Hunter's eyebrow rose curiously, he wondered if this could be proven true or not, still, he could not exactly get a D.N.A test and this was something that he never expected, August having another child was...wow 

"Well then, that is a surprise and I can only assume that you are from another earth. It would be quite odd for him to have a child only now when the crisis had ended months ago, I doubt that he sowed some wild oats. It's quite the curious case otherwise, still tell me, why have you styled yourself as Sara Stryker?"

That was one of the more curious things on his mind if she was apart of the Heart family, why would she need to change it? What happened on her earth? Zoom did know that Godspeed was different on the various amounts of earths but due to the crisis, that number had been shortened. 

"Because the heart family is rather dead, a version of you killed them all when he believed August to be the one that would kill him. Instead, it was me and I don't really hate the Zoom's of the other earths but I don't have a soft spot for them either. You, on the other hand, when I heard that a Godspeed and Zoom were working together, I had to see this."

Zoom nodded, knowing that his other versions had been brutal and some good, some neutral. Each earth had a different version of him and he always wondered where they would rank on a certain scale. He knew that he was not the worst of the worst, he knew that he was rather tame in how he did things and now he had become a fully-fledged neutral-good guy. Hunter was pleased with it but he knew that he needed it rather, otherwise, it would have become another matter entirely. 

Zoom, the speed demon was an interesting figure. While he was in partway a man that could never truly be on the bad side, he wanted to be on the good side as well, yet always found himself doing the things that no Hero ever did, he was never going to be one of them. Hunter knew that and so he did things his way, the way of the speed demon, the only way that he knew which would end with him being proud of himself in more ways than one. 

"You had to see the work that myself and August were working on? Unfortunately, the world never got to see it. We had plans, we had some of the best in mind and what we could do with that, it's a shame that the world lost such a brilliant man in the process. He was at one time my best and only friend, he was one of the few people that I kept close. Even now, I think about him, he was one of the best Sara. Don't forget that, you are a part of a great speedster line."

Sara blushed at the words that Hunter used to describe her father, she knew that arguing with the speedster would have been pointless, her father had been one of the people to support Hunter. Fought side by side with the man himself and became the one who he trusted most. 

She could see it, Hunter could not trust anyone besides himself. Maybe she could give him someone new to trust, it would be a hard journey being alone like that but maybe Zoom was used to that a little too much to care.

"I know that sir, he is someone that I love and care deeply about. My father will never be forgotten that is for certain, that is why I want to help you now. My father supported your ideas, he even argued with you on some of them. Why he was the one that gave you plenty of encouragement in that area. Now I want to be that to you Hunter, I want to be the one at your side as your right-hand, grant me this and I will never let you down."

Looking up at the heir to the Heart family, Sara Stryker, Zoom knew that she could have beaten him probably. Even without having superior speed, he had his other skills. It would have been an interesting fight to see nonetheless but he could not worry about that for now, he wanted to see what she could do for him now in this war that he found himself in. 

"You wish to not let me down? Well then, I want you to start recruiting, gather whoever has training in combat, accounting, and strategy. I wish to build up Speed Inc. It will be challenging the mob and LexCorp, its time we started to expand and add more people, can you do that?"

Sara smirked and arched at eyebrow towards him. 

"Right away sir."

Report Post Tip

Sara Heart had been on the hunt and nothing had cropped up, no one of value was even available and for a second, she believed that LexCorp had snatched them all up or the Mob had employed them. Yet she knew these people, they would never trust another freak like Zoom to be hanging around in their eyes. It was a matter of time before people would show up, wishing to be apart of something special, only one thing had seemed odd to her. The fact that Hunter was taking it all in stride like it was simple and not to be the worst thing in the world.

"Sir, I would like to know what is up with you? We've received no new people, all of whom meet the criteria you would love for the collective that we wish to gather here. This would be the best way forward, we need to get out there, hold meetings, show people that we are not afraid to be a public organization and broaden our horizons. We could be a true group of people, a business, a company that thrives in this new day and age."

Raising his eyebrow, Hunter removed himself from the numerous documents scattered around his desk and brought his arms together, folding them one over the other. The speedster watched her for a moment, he knew that she was a businesswoman, one that thrived in this type of environment but she was not ready for the news that this company would be falling soon enough. Maybe he could not be the one to break the news to her but he owed her that much. 

"Okay the thing is Sara, I admire your heart but no one is going to come because we have publicly declared ourselves independent of LexCorp and with that, we lose his financial backing and advertising. Now we also lose people who were to potentially invest in our business, then there are the former associates who left once they heard that we made an enemy of Lex Luthor, his name carries weight lass."

Sara could not believe what she was seeing, this was the Zoom that won the crisis and personally assisted in defeating the Anti-Monitor and Eobard Thawne? This was just out of this world, a man this broken did not deserve to rule this company and yet here he sat. Not because he earned it but people respected him too much to depose him of his position, was he waiting for someone to step in and do that?

"Or you've given up hope, not everyone respects or likes Lex Luthor and his business. Sure some of the top minds do but they are not the only ones that matter right now, you're going to be someone they look too. They wish to see you at your prime and you right now, this is not it. You can do so much more if you finally activated that part of yourself, the cold and ruthless side that is at the surface, do you really want to lose this!?"

Zoom slammed his fist on his desk, drawing her eyes down and back to his as he watched her for a moment. He could see that she wanted him to be more out there with the business, only that was not going to be an option. This right now was the way to go. Hunter knew that coasting barely worked but still, he liked it that way, it kept him centered, he would not be flowing towards any one side.

"I am not losing anything, the mob say one thing and LexCorp will do another. Neither of them will be gunning for us yet. They have to build their strength and they know that if they attack, they won't just be dealing with me in terms of the martial aspect of things. In the business side, this company was meant to be a corporation that gave people the experience of being a speedster. Without the right tools or people to market it, we can't do that, we might need to shut down."

Sara heard it all and her eyes widened, giving people the chance to become speedsters, wouldn't that be dangerous. Unless he had some perfected formula of the V-9 Serum. It would be quite the breakthrough, one that would possibly net them some good cash. She saw the look on his face, she could already see that Hunter wanted this as much as she did but something was holding him back and she could only wonder in her mind what that would be. 

"You want to shut down because we don't have the correct people? We haven't shown them anything to make them believe that we can have a successful future with this company. We need to hold a press conference and introduce the V-9 Serum. It gives us to appeal to the correct people, allowing them their dream to become one of us, a speedster!"

She yelled out in complete excitement, this would save them and he had to see this. It was the one thing that she wanted to believe in, however, he was going to be, he needed to see and hopefully understand that he would be the next man of tomorrow. People would look to him, wanting to see what he would be doing next. 

"The V-9 Serum is something that no one should take, that is my final word on the matter, Sara. Leave it alone, touching that type of thing is not for the best, listen close. I have dealt with it before and it leaves the best speedsters addicted, craving for more. This stuff is barely perfect but it's getting there and you want me to market it now? No, we need to make sure that it's perfect! I'll market it when it's good and ready, understood!?"

Oh she understood perfectly and already saw him as someone that was scared to make the jump but if he wouldn't, someone had to do it for him. Still, the warning he gave her, it seemed like he had been through it himself. She wondered for a moment, should she go through with this?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Meeting The Famillies
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL