Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:54
Page:  1 
A Gentleman's Bullet Started by: KatieMurdock on Jan 18, '11 22:58

The window vibrated when the engines were turned on. As the noise distorted and disturbed the glass, Katie could feel the silent shake pulse through her. She observed the crew men run across the cement ground preparing the plane for take off. Katie leaned against the window that looked over the airplane she watched from her perch inside the airport. The one that was getting ready to depart, the one that trapped Katana in it's steal tube confinements.

Katie didn't like airplanes, didn't trust them. She didn't understand this flying in the sky on a big metal bird madness, but Katana was stubborn and wouldn't take Katie's paranoid advice to just drive to Detroit where she would meet Iestyn.

Katie pushed herself from the window, turning around and walking. She needed to get out of this airport, which she liked only a little better then the airplanes. People, busy, busy rushing people, who coughed and sneezed on you. Loud noises over the speaker in five different languages, pushy, pushy people ready to stampede you at any given moment.

Just before exiting Katie passed a pay phone, she stopped, paused and turned around. Digging a few pennies out of her pocket she fed them and punched a few numbers, asking the operator for The Outlaw. Katie had a fairly strange relationship with this man, he always seemed to heighten her paranoia. Maybe he, Mr. White, had that effect on all people or maybe just women or maybe just herself. As her heartbeats start to race against each other, as the phone rang and rang it was finally answered by a rough voice.

Mr. White?

Katie had no room for casual names with this man. She felt it was an invasion of her privacy. On the other end of the conversation he disregarded her question and got right to business, telling her he was expecting her call, but she was five minutes late. Katie squared her shoulders and blew a piece of hair out of her face not paying attention to his last comment.

Locker 243, second level.

She heard a grunt from the other end and then a click. Katie knew he had gotten the information and quickly jammed the phone back onto it's holster and instantly bee lined her way out of the diseased center of transportation. As she stepped out into the night air she could already feel the toxins un-cling from her pale skin, she breathed in deep and finally felt her nerves calm into a harmonious rhythm with the rest of life. Of course, has her body settled in, her mind started to race. Octavian. Glancing down at her watch she knew she was already late to meet up with him.

Katie crossed the road and into the parking lot where she found her car. She pulled her keys out of her back pocket and struck them into the door, slid into the seat, let the smooth leather take her away for a moment as it cradled her small frame. Katie's eyes jerked open, she had things to do, thing's to complete, people to speak with.

Octavian was first on the list, she needed a few things he possessed. A cup of coffee was probably one of them.With one hand on the wheel and another moving the keys towards the crank Katie heard some rustling in the back seat. As her dark eyes flashed to the rear view mirror a hard something was stabbed into her and collided with her rib cage. The gun's owner made his appearance in the mirror and as he leaned forward from the back seat he teased his voice in her ear.

"Where'd you stash it?"

His voice low, snaked through the air, slithering into her ear. It was gritty, nasty and demanded attention. Katie could feel his hot, scummy breath on the back of her neck. She kept her eyes on him through the mirror.

Praeceps.

Her voice snarled it's way through her teeth, spitting itself into the air and traveled back bitterly towards her current annoyance.

How nice to finally meet you.

Katie's tone was poisonous. She was, against the words she just spoke, not happy to see him, but a smile crossed her lips. Katana had the key, flying to the lock. The Outlaw shared the secret. Octavian was the tool of this trade. As for Katie, she was only one part of this large mysterious puzzle and the only piece she held was the bomb. With only her, Praeceps had nothing. To bad he didn't know that and without a second thought Katie threw the car into ON mode, rev-ed the engine and held onto the wheel as the car threw itself backwards in reverse which tossed her intruder uncomfortably farther into the seat.

Praeceps!

She yelled, eyes on the road. Katie pressed the clutch firmly against the floor boards putting the car in first, then second and soon they were speeding down the road, the highway, the freeway, zipping through Chicago, flying through life.

If you kill me now we both die, so you best keep those bullets in their home.

Report Post Tip

Damn that woman! She was right, of course. At the speed they were traveling neither of them would survive if he shot her and the car spun out of control. This would call for a bit more subtlty than he had planned on using. Subtlty was rarely fun, he found; there was more excitement in big booms and loud explosions. Not to mention the sounds of breaking bones and the smell of freshly spilled blood. But Praeceps wasn't one to needlessly risk himself if there were other options.

He was quite sure that Katie didn't have everything he would need, but he knew she had something and if she thought that she was getting out of this before she told him, then se was certifiable. He was going to get what he wanted one way or another. If he had to, he could always shoot out a tire. It would take some thought to hit it from inside the car, but it could be done.

It's time you and I had a little talk, Katie. You know I will find it. You know I will kill anyone who gets in my way. You could save us both a lot of trouble if you just told me where it is and who has the key. You do that, and I'm outta your car without having to fire off any of these bullets.

He didn't expect her to tell him, but he had to ask. They went back a long time, Katie and him, long enough that normally he wouldn't have taken on this job; hell normally he'd be working on her side, but he didn't have a choice in this matter.

Come on, for old time's sake, make it easy on both of us.

Report Post Tip

Easy?!

She asked, shouted, screamed. Katie kept her eyes on road, steady on the road. Currently they were cruising through Chicago's godfather's territory, but soon they'd be out of it and at the speed she was taking these turns she'd be pulled over for sure. The street signs were streaming by, but Katie knew where they were. She grew up in Chicago, this city was her home. When they came to the intersection of Maple and 5th she swung an illegal right turn. Shooting a look into the rear view mirror, still no blue and red lights.

EASY.

She stated again after clearing the turn and getting the car back into the right lane.

For old times sake?

This time she lowered her tone, but Katie was still annoyed for Praeceps to even bring up, lightly touch the past, their past. When she saw the building a few blocks down in front of them, where the road came to a T, Katie laid her foot on the gas. As the car started to gain speed she put it in neutral and took her foot off the gas without the car losing it's high speed rolling. Instead of being chased by the cops tonight, Katie would bring the criminals to their front door.

Screw you Praeceps, you betrayed me! We have no past, there is no old time's sake.

She spat and opened her car door, jumped and rolled out onto the street. The car was speeding towards city hall with Praeceps in it. Katie hoped the police would have to identify his body with a dental check. As soon as she came to a steady stop she got onto her feet and took off running.

Report Post Tip

With a groan and a muttered Holy Hell, that hurt, Praeceps crawled out of the backseat of the car and flooped onto the ground. Or rather, the floor. With a start, Praeceps remembered just where he was.

She crashed me into a ficking building! That bitch!

Other problems quickly arose, however, as shouts of Gun! quickly erupted. Fuck. Quickly making his way out of the building, Praeceps started mingling with all of the gawkers trying to get a look at the crash scene. Breaking out of the crowd, Praeceps started off down the street as he considered where Katie would have run to. This was Chicago, her home turf; it wasn't going to be easy to find her if she went to ground. Before he started on that though, he headed to the nearest dinner.

Quickly asking for and recieving permission to use their phone, Praeceps placed a long distance phone call.

Hey, it's Me. Yeah, I found her. No, she's gone now, but given enough time I can find her. Have any of the others turned up anything? So, a Katana is the contact? Katana, as in Premeir's Right Hand? She just left Chicago, the manifest was for a flight to Detroit. Give me a break, the name stuck out to me. Fine, I'll check in late to find out who's turned up what.

Hanging up, Praeceps left the dinner after buying a sandwhich. Katie COULD have run anywhere in Chicago to get out of trouble. But as he'd told her, they went back a long way. He knew where she'd run, there was only one place that would give her a sense of safety no matter what the circumstances.

She was headed for Lincoln Park.

Report Post Tip

Katie caught a train down over to her apartment. She had been able to catch her cool up till now after realizing she just drove a car into city hall. Her paranoia was polluting her blood like you'd spike punch at prom. As she entered her apartment down town she was dizzy but told herself, as she looked up at the clock, that she still had a date with Octavian and she probably missed a few calls from Katana. Things were falling apart.

She grabbed a larger purse, bag, purse, out of her closet and shoved it full of things she didn't need and a toothbrush. Katie was anal about brushing her teeth, it was apart of the whole germs thing. Locking the door behind her, she sped down the stairs and hailed for a cab, ordering the driver to take her to Lincoln Park, near the pier.

After arriving she quickly came to the conclusion that Octavian had not, in fact, waited for her. She wasn't surprised, she was an hour late and she knew he had wanted to get back to Detroit. Unfortunately they had not set up a plan if this had happened and he still had the guns she needed. The airport would be her next destination, but just as she was coming around one of the childrens play grounds she noticed a person in front of her.

Mr. White?

Katie asked, startled. This was the last person she'd find in the same place as herself. What if he was working with Praeceps? She darted her eyes around, she didn't see her old 'friend' any where.

Mr. White?

She said again, he was still facing sideways and had not turned his attention toward her. Maybe it wasn't him, she continued past him, but looked through her bangs as she semi circled around him. It was him, The Outlaw. What business did he have here? Did he fallow her? No, no, she hadn't seen anyone at her apartment. Hadn't heard any strange noises in the building. Did a car fallow her taxi? Not that she noticed, but her mind was racing fast and she hadn't noticed much.

What are you doing here?

On any other day she would have not confronted him like this. The man had the demeanor of killing a man and not thinking twice about it. He was a criminal just like herself, but there was something very strange about him.

Did you follow me here?

Report Post Tip

Having made his way to the park. Jesco decided this was the right time to tell Miss Murdock how he felt about there arraignment they had. Figured might as well right? He had done followed her all the way. Step by step like he was back in West Virgina hunting mountain lions again. A skilled hunter, survivalist and a skilled man of stealth and intelligence gathering. He probably shouldn't have though, as seeing her being his sponsor and the one who gave him a chance. Why the fuck not? needed to see who he was really dealing with...

Standing there waiting. Seeing her circling around him and asking his name. She knew it was him. There was no mistaking. She always timid around him, but he Jesco did have that affect on people.

She faced him and called him name again. Point blank range as he grabbed her with a quick thrust and within a split second. Jesco had a bowie hunting knife to her back and his arm around her throat. Knowing the consequences of what such aggressive might cause but, in his mind. he knew she was scared. he knew she wouldn't tell a soul for afraid of what this rural hillbilly from the mountains might do.

Speaking in to her ear, but still loud enough to be heard by passer byes. He said " Well i got what was in the locker. its defiantly not what we agreed on. Wheres my other half of the cut?" He said in a more angry, irritated tone as Jesco sighed and put his face back to her ear. " Do you really wanna make some money or what? Cause fucking with me is only gonna have you smelling pine. Sponsor or not i will kill you. Guarantee that lady. Your too cute to have your face cut off right?" Jesco said in a more somber, somewhat charming tone as he let her go.

Report Post Tip

As Praeceps got out of the cab, he paid his fare before entering Lincoln Park. He hated having to use cabs, hell he hated having to pay for anything, but sometimes you have no choice; he never would have made it to the park in a reasonable amount of time otherwise.

He strolled through the park as if he hadn't a care in the world. Sure he had to find her, the sooner the better, but if he rushed about the erratic behavior would grab her notice faster than a truck full of fireworks being attended to by a chain smoker. Instead, he adopted the mien of a businessman enjoying some fresh air during his lunch hour, someone harmless, someone to be ignored; he was just another part of the scenery.

He already regretted taking on this assignment. Not that he'd had much choice in the matter, no one in his circumstances did. When you were a part of a Family, you did what your boss said; even if you'd rather yank out your own fingernails first. By yourself. He'd burned a lot of bridges to get where he was now, but this was one bridge he'd hoped he could mend. Apparently not.

Normally, he had nothing against killing anyone who got in his way. It was why he'd been called in on this matter from the beginning. If this puzzle had as many pieces as he was beginning to suspect, a little killing was almost going to be a necessity. Thankfully Katie was only the first link in this chain that he was backtracking. If he could get what he needed from her, he could leave her be. But he couldn't afford to go easy on her again. The Family came first, no matter what. No matter who.

There. He'd found her. But then again, so had someone else, apperently. It wasn't everyday that someone got the jump on Katie enough to get a knife to her throat. This might bear watching.

Report Post Tip

Octavian had been waiting for Katie for a little over an hour. He was getting impatient. He had finally decided to head to the nearest convenient store and get some smokes. As he pushed open the door, he hear the chimes of a bell placed in front of the door to alert the clerk of his arrival. Already in a terrible mood at being stood up, he reached for the bell and grabbed it from its perch. He tossed the slightly chipped, yet shiny bell into the trash can. He made his approach to the counter.

He walked out the door, pleased by the lack of chimes, and made his way to the corner to hail a cab. He heard muttered talking, yet didn't see anyone around him. He looked back over to where he had waited so long on Katie, and was surprised to find her there, but something was wrong. He began making his approach, and as he got closer he caught the glint of light off a knife blade. He was worried for Katie's safety. He couldn't recognize the man holding her up, but it's not easy to recognize the back of someone's head. He slowed his approach to quiet his footsteps.

He got closer, and began to hear the main points of the conversation. They were speaking about money, and plans, but the man didn't seem happy about the situation. He sees the knife wave back in forth in front of Katie, and he continues making his approach with short, quiet steps. Before he got too close, he pulled his gun from the shoulder holster under his jacket. When he gets within an arms length of the man he places the barrel of his gun into the man's skull.

Is there a problem here m'lady?

He sees the knife begin to lower as he presses the barrel harder.

Take the knife Kate...what's going on here?

Report Post Tip

Katie thanked her stars when she heard Octavian's voice and immediately jerked Mr. White's arm, knife in hand, away from her. She swiftly turned and kicked him in the stomach forcing him to stumble back, but Octavian kept his gun on him. The knife dropped to the ground and Katie picked it up quickly.

Thanks Oct.

She smiled.

I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come around. As for what's going on, seems there was a little misunderstanding.

Katie turned her attention to Mr. White and processed what he had told her. After a moment she decided nothing need to be processed besides the fact that she was pretty angry. She glared right into Mr. White's eyes.

Smelling pine?

She shouted at him.

Who even says that! Katie paused. Get this straight White, fucking with me will only find yourself swimming with the fishes so next time you decide to play games with me, you may want to get your facts straight. You looked in the wrong locker.

Her tone clearly explained that she was annoyed at him, but she liked his energy.

Do you have what was in the Chicago locker?

She watched Mr. White nod.

Octavian, didn't you mention earlier that you wanted to get home tonight? Looks like we will all be on the next flight to Detroit.

Katie handed the knife back to Mr. White and moved closer to Octavian.

You can take the gun down now, but I wouldn't mind if you kept your eye on him on our little adventure.

Report Post Tip

So she had backup. Good thing I didn't attempt anything. Mumbling quietly to himself, Praeceps headed out of the park to catch himself a cab. He'd only been able to get close enough to hear what was said at the end. Something about a flight to Detroit. Hmm, these three going to Detroit. Katana on an earlier flight to Detroit. This didn't bode well for him if he got stuck in Chicago.

Hailing a cab, Praeceps proceeded to mull over the problem in his head. He didn't have enough people at his call to start a firefight. This meant that he wouldn't be able to just track them and then retrieve it once they had everything assembled. No, he would have to get ahead of  them some how. Grabbing the quickest flight he could to Detroit was a given, and with Katie's aversion to any place less sterile than a Hospital, he just might be able to beat them there. But what to do after arriving? He had a few people he could call, and he would do so once he made it to the airport. This was gonna burn a lot of favors, but if he could pull it off it would be worth it.

It wasn't that hard to stash the newly engraved plates fresh from the mint, after all. Praeceps wasn't quite sure how they were gotten out without tipping off the feds, but anyone who controlled those plates would have their own money supply. After all, they were the hardest part of the counterfeiting process to acquire. And if they thought that he wouldn't be the one to acquire them, then Katie had forgotten an awful lot of what she knew about him.

Report Post Tip

The trio is seen leaving Octavian's hotel. Octavian is empty handed, and Katie only has her large purse/duffle bag contraption. Mr. White is following close behind with multiple bags on his shoulders weighing him down, and slowing his pace. Octavian opens the trunk of the awaiting cab, and helps White put the bags in, and slams the trunk, almost on White's fingers. They all pile into the cab as Octavian shouts "Midway airport, quick!" The car starts moving, and they all shift uncomfortably.

I hate airports...so many damn people...

Katie looks relieved to know someone feels the same way. The congestion of airports tends to get on the ugly side of the partners.

The driver gets them quickly to the airport, and the trio falls out of the cab. Octavian motions for White to get the bags, while himself and Katie go to buy the plane tickets. Octavian begins to chuckle a little bit, and Katie gives him a confused look.

What's so damn funny? Katie asks.

I just can't believe you let that little hillbilly get you, Pussy Kat...you must be getting old...

Katie smacks him upside the head, but Octavian continues to laugh. In all the years they've known each other, he's always been able to set Katie's mind at ease, and make her feel better about the situation. After a time, they met back up with Mr. White and made their way to their gate. As they are waiting to board, Octavian notices a group of nuns running through the airport. One happens to trip and drop all of her baggage. He watches as everyone just walks around the nun, not bothering to help. One passerby actually trips over one of the nuns bags.

Get your bags out of the way! The man yells to the nun.

Can you tell we're all in the christian spirit?

A bit later the trio has boarded the plane and waiting to take off. The nuns from earlier are at the front of the plane trying to convince everyone to pray. Octavian looks out the window and tries to ignore.

I'm tired of these mother fucking nuns on this mother fucking plane...

He looks towards Katie.

I noticed you packed your maid outfit Pussy Kat...At least your visit won't be a total waste...

Report Post Tip

Bismarck wander in slightly drunk carrying a fist full of $1 dollar bills. He pauses for a moment and looks around.

Oh BULLET! I though it said Ballet! Don't mind me, folks.

Bismarck turns on his heel and stumbles back out the door.

Report Post Tip

Katie's thoughts were not in the airplane, of the airplane or any where near the airplane. They were back in Chicago, where she assumed Praeceps still was. Unless he had given up on her little chase and the plates and decided to cut his losses, heading home to St. Louise. Katie hoped he hadn't and that he was still after her even though that would make her job harder. Maybe this was just the part of her that still hadn't completely let go of Praeceps. He had been a gentleman at one point, Katie hoped some where deep down inside he still was.

When Octavian started to talk to her she was hardly listening.

Mhmm

She mumbled, her eyes closed trying not to think about being on this airplane and not about Praeceps. Katie heard Octavian chuckle and she could only assume he had some sort of large grin on his face. Wait, what was he laughing about. Then it hit her like a brick to the face.

Octavian!

Katie screeched. A few passengers turned their attention to her, she glared at them and then at Octavian.

You brought my maid outfit with? She bit her lip confused. He hadn't packed her back, she had. I packed my maid outfit? You went through my bag???

Her voice was shrill again, now glares were being tossed her way. Katie stole the pillow sitting in Octavian's lap and put it over her face, mortified. She could feel her cheeks become pink.

Report Post Tip

Octavian chuckles at Pussy Kat's reaction and takes the pillow back before she smothers herself. He pats her knee and grabs her chin and looks to her. With the image of her shrieking face he tries to beat down his laughter.

This whole thing must be really getting to you...I was sitting in the room talking to you about tonight's plans, as you were packing your bag...I'm not a perv and you know it...!

Trying to be dramatic, he scoots over a few seats and turns the opposite direction...As he looks around, he notices that Mr. White is missing. Seeing no further need for him, besides playing the pack mule, he forgets him and moves on. He has bigger things on his mind. He needed to try to remember the plan for meeting up with Katana to finally finish the deal. He was hoping Katie remember the meeting place and time. Though there was nothing he could do about it now, and he was lacking rest, so he decided to take a nap until they got to their destination.

He takes his original seat next to Katie, and lays his head back on the pillow. Before closing his eyes, he looks over to Katie...

Did you say something...?

Report Post Tip

Praeceps sat drinking a cup of coffee as he thought about what he would need. He was going to have to get some men out here, he wouldn't be able to take on three people by himself. He was going to need information on where they would be staying. And he would need to know where the hell those plates where. He knew katie didn't have them on her, but he was positive that she was here in Detroit to retrieve them.

He finished up his coffee and asked the cashier if he could borrow her phone. With a few deft flicks of his wrist, he dialed a number that he hoped would bring him soom of the things he needed.

Hey. Yeah, it's me. I found her. She's flying into Detroit today and she brought two friends with her. Yeah, I'm going to need some help setting up the surprise party for her. We'll need to know who she's staying with so that she doesn't figure out what's going on before hand. Yeah, I'm sure she plans on picking them up herself. Oh, 4 or 5 men ought to be enough to help me get everything in order, when can they get here? Okay, I'll meet them when they arrive. Thanks.

With a quick excuse about a friend's birthday and needing supplies, Praeceps paid his bill and left. He had places to go and people to meet if he was going to give Katie the welcome that she had earned.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Gentleman's Bullet
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL