Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 14:43:17
Page:  1 
In You, We Trust Started by: Charlie__Pavanno on Aug 09, '19 16:38

Samuel and Charlie stood in the Hotel Dupree, things were finally looking up as they took control of some small neighborhoods and decided that now was the time. Things looked different and business was finally stepping, the crews had operated with efficient and now they would have enough to pull the 5th Street Savings Bank Trust heist.

Charlie stepped towards the liquor cabinet with shaky steps, he was not even ready, to begin with, the business had changed and he kept getting those flashes. The moments of another Truck heist that went wrong, men springing from the truck and murdering someone he knew, he heard his voice shouting out like never before as if he had lost someone near and dear to him. All he remembered now was her green eyes and white hair, nothing else came to him, even with the nightmares, he would forget. As if forcing himself to remain ignorant of that horrifying event.

"Charlie, you there man? We have some news, the banks are moving soon and we have to decide who we want with us in this little caper. We need a getaway driver and five gunmen, we're robbing every cent and from there, it goes into our businesses. Allowing for a smoother transaction and a little cash on the side for the higher-ups, we gotta pay the council somehow, hm?"

Charlie nodded, remembering the new words of the Godfather Council, it was quite different from one family ruling above all. It kept things legitimate, even if the Godfather of Philadelphia had his hands in every pie imaginable. The man's influence had grown since that Christmas Eve and he would have congratulated him but he doubted the man would have remembered him, no longer was he someone to know and so Charlie kept to himself, allowing his work to consume his own business for now.

"Yeah we do, I know that. Sam, tell me, what do you think our chances are of pulling this off and getting away with ease?"

Sam cocked his head to the side before sighing to himself, a hand grasping his forehead before he started speaking softy to his boss, knowing that their chances were not high but they did look a bit better with the increased number of people they now had at their disposal to assist with this heist.

"They're not high boss, they weren't that high before, this heist is going to take a lot of cunning and planning on our part. We can't go in this think it will be easy, we need to plan for the chance that one of our guys will be taken down in his haze of glory for getting the big one done. We need to be able to know our strengths and weaknesses. Right now, we have neither of that, we have to face facts, we might just die on this job to better ourselves."

The word dying seemed to brush off of Charlie, it was not his first time brushing with death and he did doubt that it would be the last, his crew, his established group of men had decided that they liked working for him in these past couple weeks. Some even delivered their cash to Samuel personally, knowing that he would give their regards to the boss and he knew why he was doing this in the end, it was to provide them with a better future.

His family, his men had decided that he was the one to lead them for the future and who was he to deny them that? He was a Boss, he was never going to deny them but right now, he knew the order in which he wanted to do things and right now, he needed to gather some resources and call in some connections.

"Yes you are right, I want you to bring Hector and his guys as well as Winston and his guys. We need to know what these men are good at, the other associates are to assemble at the East Cat Cellar where I will give them an assignment regarding the political scope of our next problem in terms of Williamson."

Charlie knew that his crew was spreading themselves all over Philly and he loved that for them, it would give them the experience in the future but for now, he would make them gather, give them what they needed and see what he could do about this Savings Trust business. It would need to be finished.

"Understood Charlie, I'll get right on it and make sure to inform everyone of your plans."

Samuel walked away, heading to the phone as Charlie himself had stayed rooted to the Liquor Cabinet, seemingly lost in his own mind as flashes of the one wrong truck heist continued to enter his head. Charlie was going to everything he could in order to stop what was about to happen, he knew that he would need to use everything he learned in his time as a Leader.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

The Hotel Dupree, one of the clear hangouts for the Pavanno gang/outfit. Sitting in their favored hotel penthouse suite was the man himself, Charlie with a glass of bourbon in his hand and standing behind him were two of his favored Bodyguards. Now he was waiting for the arrival of Samuel, leaving him to think on the past and the people that he had met along the way, he knew that certain people had been lost in that amount of time. People had left legacies as well, it was all a bit much and now he had to secure his own business for that matter but still, he very much missed the old times.

The times where nobody knew him or what he had done to get ahead, the things that he had said and done without another word. It was all piling up into one act, the things that had happened or that he could have done. If he had only done things differently, he found himself in a pure reflection of the acts that could not have happened if there was another guiding hand to assist in the matter. Only he knew now that things had happened for a reason, people died for a reason and others lived for another, it was the way of the world and things rose from there.

"Boss, you alright there, you seem a bit worried there or might I say, thoughtful."

Vincent and his barbs were always a moment that he enjoyed, it reminded him of Joe, the man that had assisted him so much and now he barely heard from the man. Being in Sicily as well, it turned out that he could not locate the former Don in the Race Street Empire. He was unreachable, even trying to find the former Doctor with the world at her fingertips, Illaria Santoro had fallen short. All of this made him believe that his friends had made it away from this life, and no longer wish to be associated with it any longer.

"I'm okay Vinnie, just remembering things. Of a simpler time where I once was nothing but an associate for the Race Street Company with a bright idea and a smaller plan to become the next big thing, it was a time that I now miss and cherish. I know that bad times don't last, the good times go away and remain a memory. Now I stand here with a lot of good memories, people look to me and they believe I hold all the answers in the world, just what do I do then, friend?"

Vincent had been by Charlie's side for a while now, since the beginning even, back in the days of Detroit when Vin was just a brawler. Charlie took him in and allowed him to see the inner workings of the American-Italian Mafia, here was where shit got real and Vincent would be changed. He was loyal to Charlie and the Pavanno family as a whole, the man gave him his start and he would repay him in any way that he could.

"Guide them, Charlie, do it in the only way you can. Do not try to be like others, do not try to be the ones that emulate their predecessors, do business the only way you can and be a better man for it. You want to be a King, then you have to know what it takes to be one, you lead your man, you manage your growing territory and you become a better man than most of these people that wish to take you down. You have what it takes Charlie, just find it once more and I have no doubt that it will lead you to greatness."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"I respect the hell out of Charlie but I had some business that needed to get doing. I was talking to some of the African American gangs about their Heroin Suppliers, a good game but still, something is there and they have some links with the Asians, Jewish, even the goddamn Colombians are getting in on this deal. So, what's the big news that needed some of my crew here?"

Charlie's Capo spoke with some amusement in his tone but it was clear that he was not okay with this. Winston didn't like being called away from the business and he would have sent a repersentive of his crew but knew it would have been disrespectful to the boss. So here he was with some anger showing but giving the boss the respect that he had earned in his time.

"You're here because he wished you here, you have that seat because he granted you it, do not get too big for your breaches gentlemen. The fine dininng and servitude crews that you have can be taken away, it can and will be granted to someone shoudl I or Charlie notice that you believe your time is better wasted elsewhere than surrounded by your family."

Winston settled down, knowing that Samuel was one of the tough as nails Advisors that Charlie had. The entire Sicilian inner circle that Charlie brought with him to the states had set some of their nerves on fire, it was enough to notice how different the things were between the American-Italians and the Honored Society back home who still had the chieftans and consiglieres, an organized crime group that controlled the majority of business in Italy.

"Excuse my insolence Samuel, I meant no disrespect to you or Charlie. I just wish to know what is going on, my boys wish to know what is going on as well."

Sammy nodded, he understood as it was he who caled this meeting and Charlie was going to be late if he didn't arrive in the next five minutes. Sam had got the final piece of the puzzle for the Fifth Street Heist, the money from this one job was going to be as easy as ever. If things went right, they could be looking at a total score of $1.000.000 and Sam knew that the boss wanted this, he just needed the correct people on the job.

"It's about money, as always Winston, take some notes from Hector and wait. The boss will be here soon and then we begin this meeting that will be the family as a whole."

Winston nodded and just as he sat down, Charlie entered with his squadron of bodyguards, looking dapper in a fine white suit with a red tie and white fedora. Looking the part of a boss as he sat down at the head of the table with Samuel taking a spot in the background, sitting behind Charlie, showing his position as an advisor in this meeting and in the overall family structure.

"Gentlemen, I thank you for gathering here. We are discusing two major issues for our family, the news that Williamson wishes to end our relationship, he wants to step down from his position as a city councilmen and spend some time with his family. That cannot be allowed, he needs to be convinced that we are the next big thing in this world, that we will be the better providers for his family and wellbeing. I need some people who wish to convince Williamson to stay on as a Councilman. I will pick you people later on in this meeting."

Charlie poured himself a glass of bourbon before sipping, looking around the room and landing on each man, from the different crews, each had their strength and their possible flaws. Yet Charlie saw none of that, he saw the face of ment hat wished to make money and nothing more. They saw the value of working with him and not againsthim, he knew that these few men would be good for the bank heist in the future. Now he just needed to give the pitch, see who was looking forward to the next encounter with a truck.

"Gentlemen, the robbery of the Fifth Street Bank is about to happen, we need some of you who are skilled in intimidation but also disguise. This is not going to be a simple, put your hands uo and be done with it, no you will be impersonating officers of the law. You must be prepared to act and be on the lookout. I need those who are fearless and are ready to make some serious money, this is for the family, show me, which one of you are ready to become some of our first bank robbers?"

And then it happened, a few men stood up, from the looks of it, they seemed to be a bit nervous but behind that lay a few men with beating hearts to the cause of this regime that he was building slowly. They were ready to give their lives to him or the pursuit of money? He would know soon enough as each of them stepped forward towards Samuel, he looked them up and down, with a smile he welcomed them to seat down on the right hand side of him with some tension lifting from Charlie's shoulders.

Having an advisor who was a good judge of character was something that he found useful, he never knew that Sam had a few tricks like that but he was glad for the man to be here and backing up in a way that no one else ever could.

"Now those who did not wish to take part in Fifth Street Bank Robbery, I understand. You do not wish to bring your life to a quick end but for those of you with a thirst for intrigue, you will be assiting me with Williamson who has taken up the chances to stop his affair, even informing his wife of such and bringing his family under guard. Essentially challenging us and our hold over him, I want the remaining members to bring me any new info that you have on him."

Charlie sipped his bourbon once more before looking out towards the men one again.

"Dismissed, Winston and Hector, remain."

The soldiers and associates left as the Capo's and Advisor were left in the room with the Boss himself. Something big was happening, something that had them all on edge as if the upper strucuture were preparing or waiting for something to happen but all they could do was trust in their leadership in the end.

Report Post Tip

"I hear that both of you have some thoughts on how we can run this business, drug-running and then I hear some news about having contacts for some Guns. Moving that would take some serious pull but its not something that I don't think we can't pull off, its a matter of not stretching your crews too thin. This is why there will be two other crews to take up positions within this crew, we need people working together and towards the same goals."

Hector and Winston nodded, they knew their boss as ready to give their boys more responsibility and not leave it all to them, considering that would tire them out and leave them open to forgetting things, even forgetting who was on what job and needed some assistance. It all piled up eventually and it would never be good for the crew or the family, business be damned, they both needed some time to relax and kickback.

"Which one of your people do you believe is ready to run the drug game through the Haitians I assume, they are the ones that I have been dealing with and since that has never changed, I know they would be in control more than others. It's actually pretty convenient, I once worked with their leader but enough about me boys. Who do you think should lead the talks with the Haitians from your crews?"

Hector and Winston had a silent communication, they knew with adding a third and fourth capo, it would most likely lead to a Ruling Panel of Captains if the boss were to end up incarcerated and he did not pick his Underboss soon. It would lead to them taking control of the crew with Samuel there to advise them in what Charlie would have wanted to be done.

"Freddie Kidd, he works for Winston down at the docks, advertising the policy to a couple of the high-rollers who work down there. People want to know where to go in the future, they see the Kidd himself, he's earned himself a nice little keep with us and he knows when to keep his mouth shut. Make no mistake though, the kid is a smooth talker and would be excellent in convincing the Haitians to work with us."

Charlie heard enough, this Freddie, he would meet with him and it seemed that Samuel was slightly impressed with the kid as well. They would give him a small job that needed doing, the business was going to be different but none the less, he was going to need some kind of training or a test more likely. Working with the Haitians is something that Charlie did a while back but ever since then, he knew that it was going to be different.

"Okay you've given us the man for the drug game but what about the gun-running business, just who did you go to for that and who would you be recommending to get that fourth and final spot among you all as Captains."

Hector and Winston looked at one another again, clearly this was a bit different but the name that would come out of their mouths would shock him, especially their history with the Pavanno Outfit, it was about to come to a very new era as two brothers were mentioned and seemingly once again working for a Pavanno, this time more powerful and commanding than that of Joseph.

"The names are Gino and Georgie Bell, they used to work for Joey and now came to Philly looking for you, they've since hooked up with Hector and are looking to gain your attention. This gun deal could be the key, it could gain them some much-needed self-respect back when Joey up and left without another word, leaving them to fend for themselves without another word."

Charlie sighed, once again his brother and his stupidity were brought up, he understood that he had gone through something but to abandon your own family in that time. It was something that could not be forgiven, yet as Charlie thought that, he knew he had done the same thing and was trying to make up for it with all this time. He just needed to get his son here and everyone would be fine, he knew it would be.

Report Post Tip

Charlie stood in front of a mirror as he had retreated to his room at the Hotel Dupree, tomorrow he would be meeting with Freddie Kidd, the representative of the family with the Haitian Mob. This would be his chance to impress Samuel and Charlie himself. The boss had hoped the kid would do well in securing another business avenue for them but chances were not looking up for the kid, Charlie and the Haitians had a history, one that did not go over so well. One that had happened after his removal from Philly and his return would only cause some of them to wish him dead, especially when his brother got involved with them due to some misguided territorial hassle.

Charlie wished that he was back in the simpler, where life was always different and he could head into a bar without fear of being recognized. The days where you were not recognized for being the man who always talked and moved from place to place, never settling and being a mover of drugs, personal trials, and tribulations. He was someone that disliked this path he was on now but it did nothing to lessen the pain he felt himself, the pain of being alone like this. Some of his own friends, they were alive, out there somewhere. Only now they were put to rest or had forgotten about this life, he wished differently, he wished to turn back the clock and save them all.

Only that never would be possible, fate was a cruel and unforgiven mistress, whatever she willed to happen, it would happen and business would have to sacrifice for it. No one knew what was in store for them the next day, you would always have to live your day like it was your last. Things were like that in the mob, you would have to sacrifice and put a lot out there to even see what was going on. You could be the guy on the streets watching every little thing or you could be the spymaster, watching the enemies and their plotting moves. It all depended on the type of person you wanted to be in the future of this business.

"Look at you, you're a man now and still upset at the hand you've been dealt, is that what you want to go through? Being scared of going through this without your old friends, they were not always going to be here, you have to get right with that now."

Charlie looked at himself in the mirror, the sight was surprising as if lost in his own haze that he was looking at himself talking to him. The look on his face was that of anger, the look that he had when he was younger, clearly this was something else. Charlie knew that he had solved his old trauma and yet here he was once more. Talking to himself like it was old times of his mass delusional behavior that he had at times kept under wraps.

"So then, I've finally gone crazy, I just wished to see my friends and yet I am being talked to like a child, this business has nothing to do with you. Go back to the cage in my mind while I deal with this, I would hate for you to even be back right now. I don't want to deal with you right now, just leave me be!"

Charles laughed manically, the one in the mirror that is stared back at him with those stormy grey eyes that he had come to hate before he leaned forward, seemingly staring into his soul with an intense amount of hatred for his counterpart.

"You have to deal with me Charlie, you have to get past your trauma of losing everyone you cared for. It's how you deal now, so let us take a trip down memory lane, shall we?"

Charlie had no choice as he fell back to the floor with a thud as a shuddering gasp left him as his security entered the bathroom without another word, finding the form of their twitching boss a bit horrifying to their eyes but they lifted him up to the bed without another word.

Vincent himself made a call to Samuel, knowing that the advisor would need to be here for this. Charlie had fainted and for what reason they did not know but something gnawed at Vincent that it had to do with what Charlie and he spoke about a few days ago.

Report Post Tip

Chuck remembered it all, the deals and businesses that he did for his family. All of it had piled up and he believed himself in the correct frame of mind. He confronted where he was now, the truth was that he was no longer surrounded by friends or family, he was not with people that wanted the best for him. He was nobody, he was filled with that for a while before he heard the voices of Sammy and Vincent echoing from the hallway and his eyes fluttered open, looking up at the decorative ceiling that had been painted with a flowery gold design.

"Is he alright? He seemed fine at the meeting, wondering if it might be anything that he ate moments before."

Charlie heard Sam's voice before a slight pause was between both of his trusted people, then Vincent decided to answer with some hesitance.

"He was fine earlier, we had a talk about the past, apparently he misses his former friends and from then he just seemed more subdued. Even to the point where he forgets things that he spoke about minutes before, he's in his own world Sam and we will need him at his best Sam."

Soon both of the men entered the room, the words between them not forgotten as he decided to sit up, his body aching a bit as he tried to relax his muscles. His friends lifted him up and placed him against the headboard as he looked between them, he noticed their worried gazes and he wished to calm them down but he did not how.

"I'm fine I swear, I just had a lapse there, I've never fainted before though. You guys might want lower your voices some, I could hear you from the end of the hall brothers. What's the situation?"

Sam and Vincent looked to one another, with Sam deciding to take a chair near the boss while Vincent went back to standing by the door, acting as his position granted him too.

"You're the situation bossman, I rushed over here once Vin told me the news. You fainted and you've been having some forgetful spells, what's going on? Do we need to get you to a therapist or some shit? I ain't having you turn into some dissociative identity disorder boss on my watch brother. We need you whole and here with us, so tell me, what's been going on brother?"

Charlie looked between his two closest friends and he decided, what harm could it do to inform them of the situation? It was better to keep them updated then leave them out, they needed to be up and aware, otherwise it would nothing but another short fucking stint with that voice in his head. He did not need to turn out like a fucking Montague.

"I've been having these thoughts brother, I had a job one time, it was with this white-haired woman, she had green eyes. I remember that she keeps calling for me and I always start screaming before I can hear her. That is all I hear before anything else can happen, brother. I always try to force it but shit pops up and I force it down."

Vincent knew who Charlie was talking about and he whispered the name out loud without knowing that he was doing it.

"Secra, her name is Secra."

And then it happened, Charlie Pavanno's eyes had widened and his mind shattered as he stared blankly at his closest friend and security guard. The woman that he had been thinking of was Secra? She was dead? She....died with him holding her in his arms...

Report Post Tip

The woman who saved him jail, he remembered all of it now and why couldn't he do so before...this was becoming too much for him as he remembered the words now. He felt like throwing up, he failed, he failed to save her and he failed to be a father.  Now he was back here to do what exactly, the relationship between father and son had failed. Charlie knew now that there was no way to fix this relationship between the two of them, it was pure shit the way it was going to be, they had no foundation besides Mael living with the servants and caretakers that he had hired for the boy.

"Charlie, get out of that funk right now, we don't need you thinking about the past right now. We have some things that need to be taken care of, remember? We can't have you in one space and then another, we need you here, in the present, right now."

Charlie looked at Sam and saw the look in his eyes, he was not okay with this. He did not like the fact that he was still looking in the past, trying to find something that obviously died a long time ago and his mind wished to keep bringing it up, Charlie needed to get out of that and look to the new land of promise, the land that everyone needed to look at right now. No longer was business surrounded with the Race Street Company, it needed to change and by god, it would with the right men leading that charge.

"I know we do brother, I am ready for it but right now, I just need a fucking drink or a woman for fuck's sake. Something, I am dealing with this tonight, let me up Nurse and let me go see what the fuck I have in the cabinet to drink."

Charlie brushed off Sam and his eyes were heavy, his mind still on the woman that died but he tried to forget and right now that included a hefty bottle of Scotch and some drugs if that did it, cause for fuck's sake...he needed something, anything. Finally making his way into the hall, he noticed some things strewn about the counter, it looked like a mess for fuck's sake but he paid it no mind and headed straight for the bottle, it seems old habits died hard.

And he drank with a big gulp, in an instant he felt the rush again, the feeling of it flowing through him. How much he missed this drink without anyone to hold him back and for now, his friends would allow him to indulge as long as he didn't go too far with it. Vincent was the one watching with an eye that made him remember his promise years ago.

"Vincent stop, just stop...I need this alright and no one is going to fucking stop me, not Joe, not anybody because I am my own man and this right now is what I need. A drink and maybe a hooker, and some coke."

Vincent watched Charlie with a smirk before shrugging, he remembered that he would be watching Charlie still but would allow his boss to drink and forget for tonight, business was what awaited him right now and soon Samuel got on the phone, calling some women and some friendly dealers, allowing them to bring their products to the hotel with a little friendly donation to the Hotel Dupree.

"Allow him this Vincent and enjoy yourself, its not all the time that Charlie Pavanno forgets himself, when he does, this is what is left and who we are left with. A party animal looking for a dame and a quick drink, what is there not to love about this?"

Report Post Tip

And so this is how Charlie Pavanno woke up the next morning, with women in his bed and a headache that felt like a bullet wound. He stumbled out of bed with a groan as his hair was a mess and his eyes were bloodshot, he sniffed a little and stumbled into the bathroom without so much as a 'how do you do?' to the lovely women that accompanied him to bed.

"Ugh fuck....got a lot of business that needs doing today thanks to the goddamn life that I live that is fucked beyond repair, thank you, Joe Adonis, for granting me these skills with leadership as I no doubt have you to thank."

Charlie brushed his teeth and drank some water, holding it in his mouth before spitting it back out without another word. A smile brightened his features before stepping out into the hallway with nothing besides his suit pants, a vest and a black shirt with his classic red tie before noticing the stoic face of his security guard, Vincent.

"Oh look whose awake, come on, Lin made some breakfast. We need to get you to the Mona Lisa in about thirty minutes, you better get this down before those girls wake up."

Charlie blushed, remembering last night before he felt quite proud of himself and entered the kitchen, finding himself in the company of a rather beautiful woman, he wondered who this was for a moment before recognizing her as the mistress of Samuel Aliona himself. What was she doing here and what happened to Francesca back home?

"You've made an amazing breakfast Lin, I do hope that you did not strain yourself too much. I would hate for Sammy to be mad at me because you slaved away in the kitchen this long preparing some excellent food for us, eh?"

Lin giggled, giving Charlie and Vincent a plate before they both sat down as she poured them some Orange Juice, she quickly left after that. Knowing they had some business to talk about. Soon enough, another two of Charlie's guard had taken up positions by the kitchen door, closing it effectively.

"Sam went down to meet with Gino and Georgie, have them meet with the suppliers, surprisingly its the Red Dragon Triads, they have all types of guns. This would be a big deal if we land in good with them and here's hoping that both Bell brothers keep their heads on straight but besides that, you've got a meeting with Freddie and the Haitians, after that, we meet with the Fifth Street Crew and go over our plans for the robbery. It should be an easy day if we do it correctly and right."

Charlie continued eating, it did seem like an easy day but why did he feel so different, maybe it was something to do with the wild night that he had with the girls. It was fun and something that he would never forget but he always kept seeing one face that he did not wish to see, he growled to himself before shoveling some more food in his mouth and finishing it with nothing left on the plate.

"I understand Vin, we can get going now if you wanna. I don't have anything that needs doing and the girls can wait until I come back."

He smiled, putting on his shoes as he stepped out of the kitchen and into his leather before checking himself out in the mirror. He noticed that his hair was still messy but decided to go with the look, wishing to look a bit different today and walked out with his security team following after him.

Vincent watched his boss for a second, noticing the difference in how he was now to yesterday, he hoped his boss was going to alright but something told him that he would have to keep a close eye on him for right now.

Report Post Tip

The Mona Lisa, South Philly.

"Boss, this is Freddie Kidd, Associate, and Rep of our crew with the Haitians."

The kid sat down opposite him, being offered a cup of coffee which he denied within a second. Now it was Charlie's time to watch and see what this kid could offer him in terms of power, what he saw as nothing impressive, he had the common look. The baby face and a charming smile that would have left the ladies swooning but the Haitians were not the common people, they were powerful in their own way.

"Mister Kidd I have heard much about you from your crew leader, he says that you are someone I should watch out for in terms of what you can and bring to the family. I already see that burning desire in your eyes to prove your value in this thing of ours, the life of a common thug is not one you want to have and I can respect that."

The ambition was not something to be so scared of but placed in the wrong line of fire and it would be clear the kid would be gunning for him soon enough. He had to temper that simmering love of the world that he was in. It would need to be monitored and carefully give him some positions within the family but for now, he would not worry, no big moves would be happening on this guy's part, he had no influence as of now.

"Thank you Mister Pavanno, I've heard about you from some of the guys back at The Tops, they have nothing but good things to say about you and the people you used to work with. I am sure they would be proud of the man you are today and how you rose throughout history.  It is something that I admire personally and hope to achieve but right now, I am glad being here, talking with a man like yourself about this type of thing."

And so there it was, Freddie Kidd had tried to smooth talk him and he was not going to say that it didn't work. He had skills that would make him go far in such negotiations but right off the bat? That took skill, even in the face of your boss, to charm someone like that was truly amazing and took some time to even work right with.

"I see that the Captains and their assessment of you were not unfounded, you do have some skill in this area and that is something we hope you come to realize here with us in the inner circle of the Outfit. We want to welcome you into the business without another word but there is something you have to do first, I am sure you know what that is, the Haitians have to be brought to the table."

Freddie did not pale or even flinch, he looked as normal as he did minutes ago, showing no fear was a good sign of self-control in some circles but to not feel it was another thing entirely. Everyone felt fear, even the Bosses.

"Trust me Mister Pavanno, I will bring them to the table and I will have them be accepting of the terms that we have for them. We want to grow our empire or your vision in this area, we have to look out to the other gangs who have resources that we don't. We can use this to build something greater, a National syndicate that has hands in every piece of the pie, sir. We do this and we achieve what no one has ever done before, we will create a empire that no one can touch and I mean that."

Report Post Tip

"He has ambition, something that you don't see in a lot of low-level associates. He wants to be someone in this world, a powerful man that people learn to fear and someone that people can trust, that is his game. He addressed him as sir and mister all in the same way, he was telling me something in a way that he will rise and it may be paranoia but I've seen that look before and it is never good on the ones who believe they deserve your spot."

Charlie poured himself a cup of joe before motioning for Vincent to have a seat, the man had taken up a vital role to him, that of a boss in a way and an advisor. Now here he was with a cup of joe in his hands, sipping it with his boss, the two had bonded in the last few weeks.

"Yeah but still, the kid has value and knows enough not to betray you. He has no influence and even if he does, who's gonna join him except for more hotheads who believe that you never earned your spot? Huh? Trust me that kid will be nothing more than a Capo, maybe a street boss to throw off the cops but other than that, he will amount to nothing unless you want him that way."

Charlie knew that he had the skills to throw people into new cities and start new businesses that would gain him more money than ever before but now he had been thinking about something else, what was left? The business that he had was now apart of his son's crew and wherever he was, he was not looking to talk business or family and they left it at that. Shit was just beginning to get heated between the Upstate Commission and Michael so he heard.

"What about upstate? The thing that would be left is Upstate or some rural parts of Chicago, right? People there would look to join a well-established outfit, if we can gain the Heroin and Gun business, we could expand our operations and allow one of the Capo crews to head over and establish their own outfit under us, allow for some big-time deals and gain us more power than ever before. Someone that we can trust, someone that understands the importance of family values and is not just doing this for a quick buck."

Charlie rambled on, writing this down as he went along and he knew what he was saying meant war but this was about expansion and it all relied on the boy known as Freddie Kidd and the Bell brothers who Charlie had yet to meet. There always business somewhere, something that Charlie was looking to take advantage of, the opportunity was everywhere, one just had to look.

"I don't think the Upstate Commission will allow us to move in without another word or paying some kind of enormous cut that would bankrupt us, Charlie. Unless you're talking real gangland war with the families on that commission than that's fucked, those boys know you and they won't be looking to be friendly neither."

Charlie sipped his coffee as he thought this over, they wouldn't be spreading themselves too thin and allowing Hector, as well as Winston after the fifth street heist business, it would allow for some much needed expansion. Things would be looking decent, it all mattered how the cards played in the near future and right now, they were not looking all that good for the Upstate Comission if Charlie and his boys decided to enter the fray for something more personal than just business.

Report Post Tip

Vincent sat there for a while, such a move that Charlie was thinking about was out of this world and what it would mean for them. It was big, and it all relied on the help of other people that Charlie had some beef with, the Haitians being one of them and the Irish being another. Both of which controlled some shit he would need but it might go over well if Charlie had the correct people going to these jobs because one phone call later from Gino Bell revealed that the leader of the Irish Clan that headed the gun operation was coming her for a sitdown.

And soon the gloves were off as Charlie laid eyes on the man before him, Devlin O'Leary, the leader of the Irish Mob and here the man did a double-take. He recognized him for some reason and sat opposite him without a word, they were clearly on the same level to this cocky little Irishman.

"A Pavanno is before me once more, this is certainly interesting, the last time I saw a Pavanno he was running from something that was chasing him and now another is here in Philly of all places and this one is the elder brother. I guess that things have a way of coming full circle, my name is Devlin, I used to work with your half-brother and I was his Right-Hand unofficially. He trusted me and me him, I worked with Gino and Georgie as well, many of us are going to be happy to find that this is true."

Charlie's eyebrow rose before looking to Vincent who was also looking at the Irishman in surprise this was not what they expected. His brother worked with these people? Now was most definitely surprising for the elder brother as he watched the men with surprise, each of them looking at him with some kind of expectance, almost like they were expecting Joey to pop up beside him and he knew that he would have to nip that in the bud soon enough.

"Well first, this is business Devlin, our meeting is not some kind of reunion for my brother's former outfit here. We need to understand that there is a line of respect that needs to come from all of us here with the crew, Gino and Georgie said that you had some guns that we could work together with and sell, we give you the correct market with my connections with the Ontario traders and you give us a 25% cut of the profits."

Devlin smiled and already knew that this was going to be fun, how much this man had changed within the instant that he had sat down. Thank god that he wasn't meeting Mael, he heard some things about the bastard child of this man and his lover, some things that he did not need to hear further. Things were going to be different, this type of thing was going to be cut short. He needed to gain his respect and so Devlin came up with his own plan for this meeting.

Report Post Tip

"Sir, I just came here out of respect for the family that I once knew, these people behind me are here out of respect for your brother. I am here because the respect I held for you personally and no this is not me kissing ass, I am simply stating the truth. I love this family and I have cared form it, your son, the one that you were supposed to look after, under the orders of your brother, I took him in and allowed him some semblence of peace for a little while."

Charlie hearing his son's name had all but forgotten about the gun's then. This was something new and there was that name again, the name that terrifed him in his dreams and he was forced to accept what happened to her as he wanted a drink but knew it was going to be tough, nothing moreso than this was going to be tough. The business with Secra, that strange and yet so lovely affair, the day it began, he remembered it and he slowly wanted that to return. Her voice, her laughter, it was all too much and he took a deep breath, forgetting her for a moment.

"My son, what did he do with coming to you? Why did he come to you of all people and not anyone else?"

Devlin smiled sadly, his eyes turning on Charlie with a brief flash of anger towards the man that had abandoned his own son and by the looks of him had just remembered his own lover in which he had sired said child. This was something else but then again, something else was not being mentioned that Dev wanted to keep to himself and the fact that he had another child who was a daughter and this was not Cassandra as many would have suspected

"He had no one else sir, the people he had trained with had been thrown into this kind of portal and he was forced to fend for himself. The man was a nobody, somebody that had nothing and somehow, when his uncle was here, cralwed out of those depths and became something much more different. He was more like you and less like his mother, he had a mixture of your and her eyes, he was honestly scary. Something out of this world, he had something about him that we all remember."

Charlie laughed, his son was something else? What was that meant to mean, he knew with the time that he spent with Secra, it had been....something, she had saved him and he had owed her. Now he never noticed anything off about the once Seattle Don but then again, they had never been that invovled, it was quick trips and something so short that he wished for more moments but she had been engaged and he engaged to the work in Philadelphia, like right now. Fate wanted to be a bitch and tear that away from them, that moment, her death had shook him...she had died right there and Charlie stared at his hands as if she was dying in them all over again.

Report Post Tip

"And you come here to do what? Support my family once more, just what did my brother do to get so much loyalty in return?"

Devlin smiled a genuine one, and leaned forward, motioning between himself and Charlie with a simple wave of his hand as he continued. His eyes held some small amount of amusement but other than that, it was clear the young man was serious and was ready to start the discussion.

"I'm here to support your family, yes. I am here to bring you all under one joint roof as you're both about to face a threat that will be looking to kill you and end the threat of your family once and for all."

Charlie's eyebrow rose curiously, his family had many enemies but one that could reach all the way across the world and attack the different branches, that reeked of an alliance with multiple people that seemed a bit different than what this little Irishman was suggesting. Now he wanted to know what was going and what he could do to prevent it cause he would not be facing a war this early into his rise as a political powerhouse.

"A threat, I've faced many of those in my time, tell me why I should be worried about the one threat that will be looking to take me and my family on if they know nothing of the power that my daughter and son wield, why would they come for me? I am nothing right now, it makes no sense to come for the former head when I have not grown anything or even started yet."

Devlin smiled, pouring himself another glass of bourbon, it seems that all Pavanno's favored bourbon, go figure. He laughed quietly to himself before taking a simple sip as he watched Charlie from over the rim of the glass.

"A threat allowed to grow would be foolish, no these people look to take you out before you even have the chance to grow as a powerful opponent in the future. Doing this is smart as they know you cannot call in that many favors without over-extending yourself and with that, they are going to be the ones who do you in. They are not the ones you want to mess with and it turns out, they're family to you guys themselves."

Charlie went pale as he knew that there were two branches of the family, the main and then the second who were his nieces and they had been about the same age as Mael but he had been older by a couple of months. Now he was scared, if it was the Garranzino twins than he was going to be fucked, they had the power to spare as the Pavanno's had been declining, the Garranzino family had risen in its place and took over what had been the former territory of his family.

"You're telling me that my nieces took what was mine and are looking to kill me? Is that it Devlin, cause I am not going to kill one of my family, man, fuck no. I thank you for the information but I'll have a sitdown with them and see what their problem is. We still have to talk about the gun-"

Before Charlie could get another word in, the Mona Lisa was sprayed with bullets as Charlie ducked down as soon as he heard the bullet first and nearly every Irishman was caught by the bullets but a few remained down and hid behind cover as did Devlin who was already grasping his pistol tightly in his hand....every man had a single thought going through their head...

'Who the fuck had enough balls to attack the Pavanno's and the Irish in one sitting?'

Report Post Tip

"What the fuck was that huh!? You set us up, Devlin!?"

"If I was going to set you up Charlie, I would have left before the guns started firing. They were gunning for all of us and I think this proves that none of us are safe from these people, they will be looking to kill us all!"

"Who?"

"The Upstate Commission, backed by the Garranzino family of New Orleans."

And just like that, Charlie's whole world came crashing down on him. His own family wished him dead, the Upstate Commission was looking to push for his own death due to the money they now owed him and shit was going to the mattresses. They needed money and guns, especially since the Irish had that in abundance.

Now they had to be ready and Charlie was already walking across the floor that now had bodies littering all over the place. It was going to become a crime scene and this was hardly over, they were calling all the Capo's, every single fucker in this town was coming to the Hotel Dupree, if it was war these fuckers wanted, then it was going to war they got, business and consequences are damned.

"Charlie think about this! They want you like this, they want you unstable and doing this, it will make you crazy. They want you at your weakest, this move, while it seems like the best thing to do right now, they know you. They will target all those special to you so they can get something of you and in the end, that is your life. You will be the one who owes them everything and then you will die as they want from you. Think like I know you can and become something better than what they have in store for you, brother."

Charlie knew what he wanted and his bloodlust was reaching levels that he didn't know he was capable of but now that didn't matter, he wanted those fuckers dead! His own nieces wished for his death and wanted to take control of the family that he built here, everyone knew that his blood bled for everything single thing he earned in this motherfucker, he was not going to be another notch on their belt.

*RING*
*RING*

And just like that, the phone ringing cut through the tension and Charlie walked over, answering it and he heard the quivering voice of his daughter, Cassandra.

"Mister Pavanno, it's a pleasure to hear from you again. I'm Arcadius of the Garranzino family, I advise Lucille and Lacy Garranzino, the heads of the family. They are now in control of the Ultra-Luxe and Tops Casinos. we know that you are looking to rob the Fifth Street Savings bank and trust. We want that as well but seventy-five percent of that money comes to us and the crew. If you wish to see your daughter alive again, you have two weeks Mister Pavanno, or your daughter dies and you will never find her body."

"I'm going to fucking kill you fucker, trust me, I'll find you and I'll gut you like a fucking fish, understand!?"

"Ah there's that infamous Pavanno rage, be sure to tell Michael hi for us, we hear he is having a good time in the company of the Aburra Cartel. Goodbye, and the time is ticking."

Charlie slammed the phone down as he breathed in heavily, looking at Vincent and the remaining Irishmen in the room, all of them seemingly looking to him awaiting orders before he waved his hand and spoke with an authority that dared not to be questioned.

"All of you will come to the Hotel Dupree, it's time we finally did this heist for fuck's sake!"

Charlie started walking without another word as he was watched by the men who knew that something had to have happened as they heard the words that Charlie used but it was clear, this was not what he wanted and he was doing this because he was forced, something happened on that call, many of the boys looked to the unofficial second advisor to Charlie, Vincent.

The man in question sighed, following after his boss without voicing his doubt and he hoped for the sake of this life and business that Charlie wasn't doing something he would regret later on.

Report Post Tip

"The damage is that Boss' daughter is now in the custody of the Upstate Commission, these boys don't mess around. We have to be smart here and prepared for anything, the boss is currently on the line with the associates of the Tops and Ultra-Luxe, he's called them all here and told them to lay low until they get here, no big expenses."

Sitting around a dining room table was the inner circle of the Pavanno Outfit. Samuel sat at the right chair, Vincent sat on the left as Charlie was not there to occupy the seat that would usually signify his position in these ranks. It was clear that the newest development had rocked the entire crew and brought them all together.

Gino and George were leaning against the wall, drinking some scotch watching this all happen before their very eyes. They were new to this table and knew they needed to manage their time in what they learned and otherwise. This type of shit was not the same with Joey Pavanno, considering how much he had a handle on things but he never had to worry about a daughter or otherwise. He kept to his business and wanted to keep his men's nose out of some shit that would ruin the crew in general.

"Alright lads, what we need right now is the guns. We need to bunker down and prepare for the retaliation, hit these fuckers hard and wherever we can."

"Hold up there Devlin, you are speaking about two Pavanno's here. These two may have gone off the tracks but they are still the boss' family. He will want to think about this, everyone knows that if you as so much lay a hand on Cassandra, then you're dead. Lucille and Lacy will calm down, if not, we go to the mattresses and I'll follow you there with a Thompson myself!"

Samuel ever the voice of reason had continued giving the boss some much-needed advice as he wished to grab his colt, head into Seattle and bust some heads, they would not be getting away with this but it was going to be a long time before Charlie had enough say-so for that to happen. He needed to play smart with this and so he knew what he needed to do, Sammy suggested calling in some favors and cutting off the flow of cash for the Garranzino family in Seattle, knowing that the Outfit still had some sway there.

"Hey! Hey! Listen Michael Pavanno is stated to be coming back to the states to deal with this, he'll most likely land in LA and will wish to crack some heads, just like all of you. Now we need him here, once the Boss cuts their money off, they will need us and that's when we hit those trucks and fuck it up. They need us and we need Cassandra, that's all that matters right now. Our outfit cannot afford to look weak right now, we need this, for the family boys and may we rise stronger than ever from this dark time. Salud!"

Vincent raised his glass in cheers before gulping it down, heading into the boss' office for a talk as he knew that now more than ever, Charlie would need it.

Report Post Tip

Michael Pavanno never thought he would hear of the day that he laid eyes on his father but he knew if that happened, he would beat the man black and blue before he even had a chance to get a word in. Now he was called at his Los Angeles safe house to head back down into the pits of Philadelphia itself, after his meeting with the Aburra Cartel and their little posse of people, he had established his first alliance with the most powerful drug operation in the world.

"Mikey, its Vincent Dimici, he's the bodyguard to your father in Philadelphia. He wants to discuss you meeting him in Philly in regards to the problem they've had."

Koneko, his ever-loyal bodyguard spoke to him and he nodded his head. Taking the phone into his hands, Michael lit a smoke as his white hair was cut short and his stormy-green eyes narrowed in response to hearing the voice of one of his father's people. He had gotten over it but it did not mean he forgot it, this type of shit was not the best always and right now, it was something that he had kept deep down. Michael did not know what meeting his father again might do to him but for now, he was keeping his emotions locked up.

"Mister Dimici, I must say that I am surprised to be hearing from you. I suspected that one of my father's people would call soon but this takes the cake. A whole months before a call, to what do I owe the pleasure of hearing from a bodyguard and not the man himself?"

Michael heard some talking in the background and suddenly it went silent, clearly, this man wielded some power to quieten the room with a simple star as he had heard no other talking on the line but once again, kept it to himself. Listening to the man as he now spoke in a deep voice.

"Mister Pavanno, haven't you heard anything from your sister or maybe something that pertains to your father? Tell me, what do you know of the Garranzino family and their history with us?"

"I know that they went to war with us and we won that war when Uncle Joey negotiated a deal between one of our cousins and then well, one of their remaining siblings. We kept the peace that way, now I know Uncle Joey refers to them as nieces and I've met them, they are more like sisters to me but what's going Mister Dimici? Why the need for history?"

Michael heard a sigh leave the man before he was told the news and the telephone dropped from his hand as he left it hanging from the cord. His eyes narrowing before he unleashed a mighty roar as his green eyes seemingly glowed before picking up the phone once more, Vincent said nothing, knowing that Pavanno's had a temper that could rival a dragon even. Michael's rage was clear from the roar he gave.

"I'll be on the first flight out."

That was all Vincent heard before he noticed the tell-tale sign of the hanging dial tone before he himself hung up and breathed deeply, two pissed off Pavanno's? This was not going to end well and he hoped to god that the Garranzino family knew what they were doing or they might be the last of that family branch....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: In You, We Trust
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL