Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:17
Page:  1 
A tribune contest Started by: Scarlett-Rose on Feb 09, '08 17:15
Scarlett steps up to the podium, and awaits your attention. Hello there guys and dolls. Its about time that we get the tribune up and running again. And to do that, I want to propose a little contest. This one will differ from previous ones, because most participants will get some kind of prize. So brush up on those writing skills, and earn yourself a reward.

Here's how it will work.

500K will go to the best written entry.

500K will go to the funniest entry.

100K will go to any entries that we publish in the tribune.

You can write about anything you choose, so have some fun with it. All entries must be sent to me, and not posted in the streets. Anything posted here, will be disqualified. All entries must be in by this Friday to be considered. Riley and myself will then carefully look them over, and choose the winners. The winners will be announced sometime the following week, and given your reward. By entering the contest, you give us permission to post your article in the tribune. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Report Post Tip
I would like to boycott the judges and request diffrent ones!
Report Post Tip
Who would you want to judge? We are the only ones who really don't have anything to gain other than a good paper.
Report Post Tip
And what is wrong with the judges? I promise to judge fairly, show no favoritism towards one person or another, and give each entry great consideration.
Report Post Tip
Very good point Riley. This is just for fun, and will be done in a fair manner. Being a tribune contest, the staff is responsible for judging. Besides, almost everyone who participates will get some type of reward.
Report Post Tip
Fight,fight,fight!!

Ah shit, I posted :(
Report Post Tip
Ah but there is no fight, as that would be rather inappropriate. Everyone is merely stating their opinions. And all thoughts/questions are welcomed.
Report Post Tip
Boo:(

I thought a fight between 2 colleagues would have been good for the tribune.

I'm sure I saw him kick.
Report Post Tip
I belive you are both the descendants of pure evil, and do not want my story writing ability to be associated with either of you.
Report Post Tip
Pfft, Riley and I fight? Never. If there was a kick, it was out of kindness.

And Voodoo, I won't disagree with the evil part. But regarding the contest, I will push back all evil tendencies, and behave myself.
Report Post Tip
I think two new judges should be appointed, shouldnt be to hard for someone of your stature.
Report Post Tip
GeorgeAgdgdwngo is the fairest man I know of.

I opt he should be one.
Report Post Tip
Well, I will give some considerations to new judges, and appreciate your input. But the rules have been posted, and those who do not agree, can choose not to participate.
Report Post Tip
I am very aware of that, i was just offering my opinion. It doesnt have to be used!
Report Post Tip
Entry will be sent in soon by me :)
Report Post Tip
The paper will come out soon, I'm really not sure when but soon so hurry up and submit an article before its too late!

You preety much can't lose because you get paid either way =)
Report Post Tip
On the topic of judges.. Would it not make sense to pick a pool of judges and have them read each story not knowing the author's name rather than judging the work yourselves and leaving yourselves open to comments regarding favoritism and the like?

Just a simple suggestion....
Report Post Tip
Just a couple of things. The contest dates will be the same as before. Everything is to be in by this Friday. We have also had a couple of questions.

The first, is it okay to have more than one entry? We have decided that it is fine, you can send as many as you like, or one for each category.

The next issue is regarding judges. We have had a few suggestions about picking non staff to judge. This is something we are still considering, and you will be updated when we come to a decision. If you want to be a judge, or have a suggestion for one, please let me know.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A tribune contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL