Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:04:55
Page:  1 
At the Drake Hotel Started by: Kimble on Jan 21, '11 02:05

Cold wind in off the street as the last of the Mafioso entered the Drake Hotel.  The mood was anything but festive, as most of the attendees had just gotten off a plane from New York to hear of TheDean’s final act.  The great Godfather of New York had hours before just picked up his belongings, turned over his entire criminal empire to his closest Don’s and friends, and then left for an undisclosed location.  The man Kimble had worked for and learned from for months now had finally stepped away from the life.  Many had felt this day coming, but few were very well prepared for it.  Kimble took the podium in front of the prominate mafia figures and began his speech.

Today is one of the saddest days in recent mafia lore.  Most of us knew TheDean’s plan to retire was on the horizon, but I don’t think it is possible to fully prepare for losing such a large part of world.  Please now a moment of silence for not the death, but the retirement of an icon.  

The hall goes quite as all bow their heads in memory of the late Godfather.  After a moment, Kimble continues.

TheDean has been like a mentor to me since the day he took Godfather of New York.  The most valued lesson that he taught me was the value of friendship in this sometimes-violent profession.  He knew the value of polite words and manners over the power of the gun.  Never hastily did he rush his soldiers into war, nor did he use them to conquer anything more than his own city.  Before his departure he split up his empire among his friends.  He allowed Underdog to set up a family Philadelphia along with most of The Lions Den’s personal members.   He left Godfather Whatsername his city and all his assets and to assend to Godfather herself.  For his old friend Roman, he left me.

I intend to use every bit of the knowledge he has instilled in me to form my own crime family named The Morningwood Elite based here in Chicago out of the Drake Hotel which I have invested quite a bit of money into over the years.  My Right Hand Man will be a Chicago native, SpuffWaffle, who has been nothing short of excellent in helping me prepare.  Thank you Roman, for letting me join your crime syndicate in Chicago.

My family will work off of the values taught to me, and I hope to have a healthy business relationship with you all.  We do not intend to undermine or swindle anyone.  Our only goal is to turn a profit with our own investments and manpower. I left New York in good faith and standing and hope that I keep that friendship as we move into this next phase of our lives.

Again, I look forward to working with you all in the near future and hope that you have a safe travel home, or you are more than welcome to stay the night free of charge at The Drake.  

Kimble steps down from the podium and shakes hands with Godfather Roman before stepping toward the crowd.

Report Post Tip

After listening to the speech he nods in approval and walks from the crowd as Kimble walks towards it

Walking to the man he takes his hand and shakes it and pulls him to the side before he reaches the crowd

I wanted to say how glad we are to grace our cities with another fine leader, We in Chicago pride ourselves with who we let lead our people, and I coulnd't be happier with our newest addition.

If you need anything at all from the leaders or the people, please do not hesitate to ask, you are one of us now.

Pulls the man in to an embrace

Report Post Tip

A Chicago native. That's what Kimble had called him, a Chicago native. It was true, and Spuff was damned proud of the fact. From the moment he'd snatched his first handbag he had always considered this city his home. The place just felt... right.

He was delighted to see a new face in the city, and yet more delighted to be stepping up to help Kimble in his new venture. He'd always served under his Godfather, and he hoped he could use everything he'd learned under Roman's tutelage to help however he could in building a new family roaming the streets of the city he held so close to his heart.

Kimble, it's absolutely wonderful to have you here. There is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that you'll do well out here. At least not with Roman around to keep an eye on you, eh?

Nudging Chicago's newest auth in the side boistrously, he grinned and continuted.

Seriously though, many congratulations. You've earned this. It'll be a shame to have to leave my room over at CB Inc, but I've already got some cracking ideas for what we can do with the new place. Come, we're going wallpaper shopping. Doom would never let me get the delightfully floral prints.

Report Post Tip

Roman claps Kimble on the shoulder and shakes his hand.

Kimble, it is my absolute honor to welcome you to Chicago.  I've known you a long time, and worked with you while you under the immortal Dean very easily.  I know my guys have been excited to see you come to our city.  Dean was proud of your work, and it was a trait that was noticed by us.  Kimble, leaving one home is certainly hard enough, but I hope you will feel that camraderie amongst your brothers and sisters here shortly.

You have a bright future with us, and I'm thrilled to have you announced as our newest leader.

Report Post Tip

Over the past months in New York, I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit.  I have come to respect you as a capable, professional leader.  You will certainly be a credit to the city of Chicago.  I hope you enjoy this new adventure.

Report Post Tip

Upon hearing the news of the announcement being made, JesTer hureriedly puts on his coat and heads down to the street where he hardly manages to find a vacant place.

I bid you congratulations, as Godfather Roman has bestowed for you. It is good that we are expanding our great City. I am confident that  you will make him and the rest of Chicago very proud of your leadership. Good luck with your new family "The Morningwood Elite".

Report Post Tip

Cherokee walks up a firmly grasps Kimble's hand. After the shake he offer Kimble a drink.

Cheers!

Here's to you old friend. Although today is a sad day I cannot be happier to see on of my bloodline's oldest friends get a shot at leadership. I know you learned well from TheDean and you couldn't have chosen better than to work for Godfather Roman. I look forward to a long and prosperous business relationship and friendship with the both of you

Congratulations from myself and The Tribe

Report Post Tip

Kimble, I have known you and your bloodline for some time now, and have been a massive advocate that you should set up shop. I am delighted to see it happen, and I can think of no better place for you to do so. I have no doubt that your tenure will prove a huge success.

Good luck my friend.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Kimble at least there is one good thing which will cheer me up after yesterdays events. I know you will do go under godfather Roman.

I wish you all best my friend

Report Post Tip

"Kimble, it gives me great pleasure to see your move to Chicago a smooth and successful one, I look forward to working with you in our wonderful city."

Drexler smiles and gives Kimble a firm handshake.

"If you ever need anything, a cup of sugar, copy of the paper or even a play date for the night, I have contacts. Take car for now squire!"

Report Post Tip

Kimble if I know one thing about you it is that you are a very honourable mafioso. Our bloodlines have been together in one way or another for awhile now and I know you are a very stand up man. Although I will miss you in New York, you deserve this opportunity and Chicago is a wonderful city for you to continue to show your stuff.

Congratulations on your new family and remember to stop in and visit us in New York.

Report Post Tip

Approaches Kimble, both of them having a seat while a man walks up pouring them both a glass of wine

Although we dont talk the most, we both are friends and our business ethic and drive compare and I am proud to see you moving on and expanding your business. I hope we do not lose touch now that we both are not working in New York together and I hope we both can prosper where we are now, just as we did in New York. Congrats my friend and I hope you enjoy it there and things workout even better.

Tony shakes his friends hand and drinks his glass of wine

Report Post Tip

Diabolic stepped foot off the plane that took him to Chicago. He than caught a cab telling the driver his destination, which was where an ex New York member had set up a HQ in Chicago under Godfather Roman..Diabolic didnt really know to many people since he was new around and he only had heard all the stories of the legend Godfather TheDean. He heard that Kimble was one of his most trusted men and would not miss an announcement from him. So Diabolic told the driver to stop when they reached the destination.He than tossed him a few dollars for the ride and a couple for a tip. He jumped out the taxi and ran into the building knowing he was late and didnt want to miss this. He finally made it in the room and to his surprise Kimble had just began speaking. Once Kimble was finished he walked over by the podium and gave him a firm handshake.

"Im positive you will do an excellent job for Godfather Roman here in Chicago, many congratulations on your new position."

Diabolic nodded to the man, than headed out of the building looking to get rid of a load of cocaine he had smuggled in for New Orleans.

Report Post Tip

After spending a few days getting to know the place he definitely felt comfortable and knew that he would have a home here till the end of his days.

Kimble, like everyone else here I'd like to offer you my congratulations. I'm only new to your family and hope to grow as it grows.

disappears into the hotel bar to find that ever elusive barman and his early evening drink

Report Post Tip

Kimble just as my ancestors served TheDean generations over, so did yours. You are one of most distinguished men around our part of the world. You worked hard for TheDean in different capacities, it was always a nice sight to know that you had things under control as LHM. And then, whenever we worked together it was just marvelous I would say. I could open up countless stories from my ancestors diaries to speak about the kind of leader Chicago is getting, but alas...I think its time to give me some more writing material. Go out and do it again bud.

Congratulations Kimble, you have earned this. The Roman empire has no idea that it just got a Mark Anthony from New York. I wish you the best in your future endeavors bud.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: At the Drake Hotel
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL