Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 07:08:24
Page:  1 
Cell phone selection? Started by: _The_Ex_Wife_ on Jan 21, '11 05:18

I'm generally a shy person in RL but a friend of mine encouraged me to come here and ask the MR community for their opinion, so here goes. I'm thinking of changing my cell phone and would like something that can log on the game, as I can't with mine. I very techno challenged and would like your feedback. Do I look into Blackberry...IPhone...?

What do you use?

Thank you for your help! :)

Report Post Tip

Depends on the carrier that you have, but HTC phones are very good!

Report Post Tip

I would highly suggest any type of Droid phone.  They are the most open sourced and have the ability to get onto MR and operate in the same way as if you were on a PC/Laptop/Mac.  

Report Post Tip

HTC and Droid, thank you so much guys! I didn't know what to look into and this helps tremendously! :)

Report Post Tip

I know my HTC droid/t mobile g2 plays this perfect

Report Post Tip

well.. before I dropped it into a glass of water and ruined it.

Report Post Tip

Id say the Iphone it has more to do then a blackberry. I personaly use and Pantech Laser its pretty cool touch screen with a slide down keyboard

Report Post Tip

I just got the Droid HTC Incredible and its amazing for playing MR. I highly recommend it.

Report Post Tip

My Droid X plays this game wonderfully....also, beware the IPhone due to the fact that you can't ever replace the battery. You end up just buying a new phone.  It's quite ghey. 

Report Post Tip

I have the HTC Incredible (Droid phone) myself, and its a huge step forward from my previous blackberry.

I run Dolphin HD as the browser, and it works perfect for the game.

Report Post Tip

Black Berry Bold 9700.

Report Post Tip

I use the HTC Evo. Also an Android phone, and I use Dolphin Browser to play the game. It works perfectly. It also has wireless tethering, (Use it as a hotspot much like a router) a very decent camera, a kickstand and a pretty good sized screen, which makes MR pretty much look like how it is on a regular computer. I'm very happy with it.

If you think you're going to be using a lot of data (Online radio, streaming, web browsing a lot) it's a probably a good idea to get an unlimited data plan as well. Verizon and Sprint are the only ones left to offer it, I think.

Report Post Tip

I use the Blackberry Torch.  Great phone, its like a combination of the iphone and the Blackberry Bold since its touch screen and has a keypad.  Not as many apps as the iphone but there is also not as much junk.  I've had both and i personally like the Blackberry better.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Cell phone selection?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL