Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:40:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
La famiglia di giocatori dazzardo Started by: Fiji on Sep 23, '07 21:09
Stepping out of his brand new Family limo,Fiji stretches as he knows he has a lot of work ahead of him with his new family.As he heads towards his Head Quarters, Fiji notices some curious faces looking at him and decides to say a few words about himself

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Fiji and I finally got lucky enough at the Blackjack tables in this fine city of Las Vegas, to win enough money for a small HQ next to Kreed's.

I am pleased to present to you "La famiglia di giocatori d'azzardo", which will be working closely together with the Outfit.

We seek to become a well established respectable mafioso family and wish nothing more than to help this community grow and prosper.

Although I do believe in other punishments rather than death, I will be very strict towards rule-breakers. If ever anyone has a problem with one of my members I expect you to come to me about it so we can find a peaceful solution to the problem.

Now please excuse me as I have important family business to take care of."

Fiji vanishes in his HQ waving at the around-standing mafiosi
Report Post Tip
Wanting to help the community grow and prosper, huh?

Messages Sent: 108

Unread Mobmail: 0

Original Threads: 1

Hmmm... yes, I can see you've been doing your part.
Report Post Tip
Well maybe you will have a little more presence around here then the other families... Good luck to you and yours!
Report Post Tip
Sing he posted this as a new leader. Maybe his record before is not up to par with what you would want but he gave his goals as to what he wants to achieve as a new leader to our society. How about you give him some time to step forward with his goals before trying to bash him.
Report Post Tip
How about someone doing some work BEFORE they got to be a leader for once?
Report Post Tip
And you as a mere gangster are a great judge on who should be a leader?

He put in his time and work to rank. He had to meet the qualifications in order to advance and he did. I see no concrete rules placed forth by the current leaders on how leaders should be picked.

I would have to say that by your statement you are claiming that most of the leaders that are currently established do not meet your criteria's including your own leader? A leader can have many messages depending on how many people you have as friends.And hell as a leader you can have 6 billion posts, if your posting in your own HQ.

I mean you did choose to use the messages and post counters as a reference right?
Report Post Tip
RidgeRacer has it right, and Congrats Fiji, I wish you the best.

We all need to step forward as a whole and move this community towards a better tomorrow, and those in The Intellect Society will be doing our part as well. We've got no concrete plans for how to do so, but the desire is there, and with a group of great minds as we have we shall be doing our part.

Congratulations again, Fiji.
Report Post Tip
My favorite argument again resurrects itself on the streets.

"But who are you to judge, you are nothing but a gangster. Let your rank be your voice, etc. etc."

In my long tenure on this perch, I have seen many influential mafiosos grow from mere civilians into some of the strongest leaders of our times. Maybe this young upstart is descended from a historical lineage of legendary mafioso? I know that if my son came to these streets I would hope he was treated with even a small amount of respect rather than immediately being chastized for his low rank.

Really, who am I to judge? I am nothing but an "Assistant."
Report Post Tip
Whoa whoa whoa RidgeRacer, where did I mention anything about other leaders? Nowhere. Nor did I claim there was a "criteria" for standards.

You still don't get the reason I picked up on this (and I realise you are going to be like a dog with a soft chew toy that his master gave him as a pup on this one). He claims he hopes he can have an influence and help this place prosper. I have yet to see this claim from any other leader.

Why lie? Why even bother trying to hoodwink the masses? Does he think we're stupid? Do what every other leader has done and set up and do almost nothing for anyone but themselves.

Are you done trying to put words in my mouth yet or do you have the time to let me make you look like a fool once more?
Report Post Tip
"How about someone doing some work BEFORE they got to be a leader for once?"

Well that seems like your saying most of the leaders did no work to get where they are, or am I wrong. He does wish to work at helping this community prosper We had a long conversation about it. I am sorry there is no reason for you to bash him as you have not even given him a chance to prove himself. As for trying to insult me it just shows your lack of respect and to even think I would jump at that and get into a slang match with you is hilarious. Seriously you are really representing your family well.If I was your leader , I would truly be reconsidering your position within my family. Now I ask you if you have nothing nice to say that you please refrain from ruining my bosses opening night :D
Report Post Tip
Dog...

Chew Toy...

Yum!

But you are not my leader, therefore your opinion on what is going to happen to me in the near future is meaningless, my boss knew what he was taking on when I joined, I hide nothing. If you have a problem with me pointing out the plainly obvious facts then why don't you talk to my boss about it. Otherwise I shall carry on pointing them out to my hearts content, comprende?
Report Post Tip
I'm not saying you're wrong, Sing, but there is a way to point out shortcomings without trying to humiliate others.

How about we engage in mature, respectful discourse for once? Just an idea...
Report Post Tip
Yes SingWhenYoureWinning, you are stupid in my opinion if you think the only way to help a community prosper is to entertain them by speaking to them. And why would I lie to you?

It should be everybody's goal to see the community grow no matter if they achieve it or not. Now please be a bit more patient before you judge me by the figures in my profile..
Report Post Tip
Well, if you speak to nobody then you will not help this community grow.

This whole world relies on interaction and i can see no other way Fiji..

If you have plans to change the world you will have to share them in the streets. How? by telling people about them.

But what do i know? I am only a Civilian.
Report Post Tip
What Hadak said.

Boring place with no interaction = bye bye mafioso.
Report Post Tip
You're right there and I never said interaction wasn't important but it's not the only thing that matters.
Report Post Tip
Well if I am right, how can I be "stupid" as you so politely put it?

You're so contradictory in your speeches that it makes me feel ill.
Report Post Tip
Wanting to help the community grow and prosper, huh?

Messages Sent: 108

Unread Mobmail: 0

Original Threads: 1

Hmmm... yes, I can see you've been doing your part.

Reply by: SingWhenYoureWinning at Sep 23, '07 21:15

Now one of my goals is to help the community grow and prosper and you think I'm not doing my part because of a lack of speeches before I became a leader? That's why I said you were stupid because you were judging me only a few hours after i setup only by those numbers as if they were the only thing that matters.

If you wish to discuss this any further please come visit me in my office as I'm not having an argument with a single gangster who seems to be lacking a bit of respect on the streets.
Report Post Tip
I fail to remember where I said that talking is the be all and end all. Please, SHOW me where I said this.

But... if (as I expect) you do most of your work in the coffeeshops then what good is that to the new mobsters who step off the boats? It is NO help at all. It's about fucking time someone did some work before they became leader.

You can sit there and try to defend your position all day, but you obviously feel the guilt as you're out here trying to make yourself look less pathetic.

If you want to resort to petty name calling, I can do that too and I PROMISE you'll come off worst. Wouldn't it be nice for someone to actually just admit their mistakes and promise to change their ways? I, for one would welcome it.
Report Post Tip
hmmm I wonder who remember this guys family history. what happened to him? can anyone compare and contrast his history with the late orwell?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: La famiglia di giocatori dazzardo
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL