Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:48:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Electric Bat Started by: Svent on Aug 23, '19 08:19

Svent stood inside his new bar, glad to finally be finished. The building started out as nothing more than a plot of overgrown land, so he literally started from the ground up. It took him a day to clear out all the weeds and three more days to actually build the establishment. That was fine though, having made the building exactly as he had imagined. While the outer walls were made of brick the inside walls were made of wood. The floor was made from stone. Instead of lights there were torches or sconces hanging on the walls or from the ceiling. Various kinds of ancient weapons and armor decorated the walls. The bar counter itself was made of cherry wood and the rest of the counters needed were made from walnut trees. 

A stage set at the back for various acts to preform as they please. But that was only the minor attraction of his establishment. No, the main attraction actually hung from the ceiling, this part of the ceiling actually built high up to accommodate the attraction. A huge bat shaped cage made out of steel hung from the ceiling and within it sat a Tesla Coil. Svent flipped the switch for the coil, feeling the fine hairs on his arms raise in response. Glad it was working he switched it off before adding a sign to the counter.

Menu

Not a single drink will be listed on this menu. We serve every drink you can imagine no matter the time period or country of origin. This includes non-alcoholic and fruit drinks. And of course food.

Styles:

Alcoholic

Pre-30s -$2

30s-$1.50

Exotics- $3

Non-Alcoholic

Local- $1.50

Exotics-$2.50

Fruit Drinks

Home Grown- $1.50

Exotics- $3

Sides with drinks (free if ordering a drink if not):

Peanuts - .25

Pickles- .50

Bowl of fruit- .75

Food:

Classics- $1.50

Traditional-$2.50

International-$3.75 

With that he went outside to flip the sign to open and flipped the switch to a neon sign that read:

The Electric Bat

All Are Welcome

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $340,000 Tip

Detroit was as unfamiliar to her as her new home in Chicago. Catalina had made the short flight to find buyers for her product, and once she had made a couple of tentative connections, she still had some time to whittle away before she could get back to The Loop. She was looking through the window of an antiques store when a couple passing on the sidewalk behind her spoke animatedly about a new place just up the street. Curious, she followed them.

'The Electric Bat' the sign said in neon. Catalina went through the door behind the young couple and stopped, staring up at the Tesla coil crackling away in a cage over her head. 

"Mierda," she whispered. She'd never seen anything like it, and was afraid to walk under it. She managed to get to the bar by going around the circumference of the room, catching a few looks from the other customers.

The sign on the bar promised almost anything she desired, so when the tender came near, she asked for something alcoholic and exotic.

"Yes, do you have a specialty you can recommend? I am so awfully tired of the same old, same old. Corazón mío, he is Irish, and I've had my fill of the whiskeys," she said, casting another nervous glance over her head. 

Report Post Tip

Danny had been out on a trip that he took with Catalina, to Detroit for her expansion. He was here to act as muscle in any business dealings or negotiations she went to. Since they were both moved to try and get the drug business expanded, he figured he'd take more of a hands on role. He didn't want to cross over and take over whatever she was doing, but he would back her up and keep her safe, maybe even clear the way for her if or when need be. Right now however, she had decided to go out for the night and explore the town, so Danny decided to take the time to do the same himself. 

The word on the street was about a new exotic bar being opened up in Detroit. He'd heard from some of the locals about it being a potential place of interest. Seeing as he wasn't from this place, and had only been here for a day, he figured he would go ahead and check it out. Asking one of the citizens of the city he heard talking about it, he hailed a cab and gave the driver the address. He got free not too long ago, so being out, taking in the fresh air, and being among the people is something that brought him a little joy. He rode in the cab with a smile on his face, as the driver tried to make idle chit chat to increase the tip that he would get at the end of the ride.

He did well enough, making Danny feel comfortable on the ride, that Danny felt he earned the tip he was looking for. He stepped out of the car, still receiving thanks for the generous tip that he'd just given, and taken a look at the new bar that seemed to be the talk of the town. The first thing he noticed on the outside was the bright sign above the entrance. It was certainly eye catching enough to catch the attention of the casual passerby. Upon entering the establishment, he noticed that the lighting was a bit more dim than it was in normal building like this.

Sure bars usually had dim lighting by default, but this place was even more dim. He looked up and was greeted with his answer to why that was the case. He then looked around and noticed the walls. He saw the many different decorations, and couldn't help the smile breaking on his face. He let out a chuckle to himself, as he looked around the place and took in the clientele. He noticed it was more younger people, with a few older ones mixed in. His eyes stopped when he caught a familiar head of blondish hair at the bar.

He quickly made his way over to the bar and once he reached the woman and was sure it was the woman he'd left not too long ago, he threw his arm around her shoulder and watched her jump a bit, seeing she was obviously a bit unsettled at the moment. This didn't seem to be her kind of scene initially, and she was getting adjusted to it. This amused him even more and he figured he'd have a bit of fun at her expense.

"I didn't know this was your kinda scene my love." Danny said while placing a kiss on her cheek.

He chuckled to himself and turned to the board above the bartender, before turning his attention to the bartender himself.

"Let me get something exotic, and alcoholic." He said and then laughed at himself before turning back to Catalina. "I fuckin' love this place already." He finished, taking another look around.

Report Post Tip

Svent looked around his bar, quite pleased at the amount of customers that had been coming through his establishment. It seemed the bat was attracting a lot of attention and was quickly becoming the local sight to see. Hearing the door open once again, he spotted a blond woman. She looked surprised and slightly scared of Tesla, the name he gave the electric bat, but it seemed to be enough to make her circle the room to avoid walking underneath it. He chuckled to himself before lighting a cigar as he waited for the woman to have a seat that the bar. "One exotic alcohol coming right up." He said, thinking for a split second.

The man then went to the counter behind the bar. After a moment he set the drink in front of Catalina_Rey. "This is a Lychee Martini. The drink originates from Asia. Give it a try." He said as he added the orchid as a final touch. Just as he did a male took a seat next to the woman. He nodded when the newcomer also order an exotic alcohol. As he was grabbing a drink he heard Daniel_Fitzgerald liked the place. "I'm glad. It's sad when a building you build from the ground up doesn't do to well." He said before returning to the counter. "To follow the theme of your lady friend here, I suggest the Korean Soju." He said, placing the drink in front of him.

Report Post Tip

"The Electric Bat..." he mouthed quietly. "That seems interesting." Hiram pushed the door to open it and was immediately met with the dimmed lighting which allowed his eyes to adjust. He almost audibly sighed with the comfort of darkness, his icy-blues relaxing as the door behind him clicked shut. Taking a moment to look around, he noted the old weaponry, and of course the bat hanging from the ceiling.

"Is that a..." he started as his head cocked to the side some. "Huh, it is. I haven't seen one of those since I visited the basement at Chiron's Crossing in New York. And now I'm thinking of Sullivan..." Hiram sighed a bit and shook his head. "Requiescat in pace, iuniore fratre meo." He spoke quietly to himself and crossed his chest before kissing his fingers and blowing it to the bat on the roof, presumably meaning up and into the heavens... But who knew for sure...

Easing himself, he made his way to the bar beyond the other patrons to take a seat a few stools down from Catalina and Daniel. He nodded to the pair and waved before looking at Svent and winking.

"Looks like we meet again. I like your place here, friend. Especially the coil, reminds me of one of my brothers." He waved Svent closer. "Allow me to cover their expenses, please." He pointed at Catalina and Daniel discreetly as he slipped a healthy roll of bills into Svent's pocket and sat back. "And surprise me with a drink. Anything you think -I'd- like after, well..." he tugged the case of cigarettes from his inside pocket and shook it at Svent... "After this." He chuckled knowing the other man would know what it was.

"I'll trust your judgement." With that, Hiram slipped that specific case back into his coat and produced a much simpler, yet elegant silver case a popped it open. Taking a regular cigarette for himself and offering one to Svent, he lit it then put it all away.

Report Post Tip

"Nice to see you again as well." Svent said, before discreetly nodding at his request. "I've had the oil for a while. Knew I'd have a use for it eventually." The male added before politely rejecting the cigarette, motioning toward his own cigar that he had set down to make drinks. "I have just the thing." He said, disappearing into the back for a moment before returning with a mirror and an opium incense stick. The male then set it up on the counter, mirror facing Hiram. He didn't light the stick until the drink was finished and behind the mirror. The male then inserted a straw through the mirror. "Sometimes a play on words is necessary. It keeps things interesting and makes things a little less boring for us. Saying that I present to you, The Forever Young." He told HiramBlack as he lit the opium stick. "Just a small taste from the future." He whispered, showing it wouldn't be all bad.

Report Post Tip

Hiram puffed away on his cigarette as he watched Svent set up the drink. His brow lifted high as there was a mirror placed in front of him. He stared at himself, inspecting his devilishly handsome and charming features; bright blue eyes, the long, straight, midnight-black hair, his pierced labret, and even the shaping of the hair that graced his jaw-line, trimmed and edged to perfection. At least in his mind. However, Svent's work was finished and a straw slid through the mirror. That was a new one. Hiram smirked and leaned closer, taking a sip and staring at himself as Svent lit the opium stick.

The flavor exploded in his mouth, as did the opiates released. He could almost immediately feel the endorphins rushing through his system causing him to let go of stress, his body quickly growing heavier. Not overwhelmingly so, but he could feel the difference.

"That is one very powerful drink. I think I may like it. Makes me feel as if I were born..." he paused and hesitated slightly, "...ten, maybe twenty years ago."

Hiram lifted his arm and stared at it for a moment before telling and coaxing his hand to bring his cigarette to his lips. "C'mon... Just a little further. You can ma-" As the cigarette touched his lips he quieted and puffed, slowly exhaling a plume of smoke over his head and sighing happily. "Yes... A good drink indeed, Svent."

Hiram smiled, chuckled softly to himself, and then sat straighter in his seat to peer over the mirror. "So what's in it?"

Report Post Tip

Catalina jumped, then smiled warmly at Danny's arrival. 

"Daniel! What a nice surprise, I wasn't sure you'd make it. I'm so happy that you did," she said as she leaned into him a bit. The bartender brought her a Lychee martini, and Daniel was given a Korean soju. Both drinks were colorless, but Catalina's was a big foggy looking and arrived with pale lychees as garnish. Catalina sipped hers, sipped again, then nodded.

"What an interesting drink. I like it," she said, smiling. She turned to Danny and watched him sample his own drink, then noticed a man further down the bar. It was Hiram, from the crew. Hiram noticed them and waved, and Catalina smiled and waved back. It seemed as though it wasn't just her who had business interests in Detroit. 

"Daniel... look!" She said as Hiram's drink was presented. Incense, a mirror, and a straw were involved, and as the process unfolded, she blinked in confusion. Whatever was in it, it looked as if it were strong enough to give Hiram pause. The smell of opium reached her nose an she blinked again. 

"Is that..." Her words faded away. She was suddenly a bit too relaxed, almost sleepy. She looked skyward again at the coil, and it seemed less fearsome now. In fact, it was quite interesting, and she wondered idly if she could buy one somewhere.

Report Post Tip

Daniel received his drink and the explanation as to what it was called and where it was from. He was impressed at receiving such knowledge. Most the places he drunk from in the past would tell you more about what the drink would do to you, not where it was originated from. This bar and its' tender brought a bit more class to the drinking world he thought. Watching Cat, drink some of hers, he also knocked back as much of his as he could in one go.

"Whew, that's a good drink right there. Has a nice lil kick to it too, not too weak." Danny commented.

He looked to where Cat had spotted another member of their crew, the one called Hiram. He waved to them, Danny raised his now almost empty glass and nodded down respectfully in the direction of the other man. He then finished what was in the glass, and placed it down on the top of the bar.

"Hey you don't mind if I have another one of those do ya?" He asked.

He reached into his pockets and began to pull out some money, but was told that it was already taken care of. That was a surprise,  pleasant one, but a surprise nonetheless. He looked over to Cat and seen herself beginning to relax. He smiled at the sight. He may not get to tease her about her being so jumpy anymore, but he was happy to find that she was having a good time in such an establishment.

"Are you beginning to relax and enjoy the uniqueness of this place now love? It's got a certain charm to it once you get settled in no?" He asked her.

Report Post Tip
Svent gave HiramBlack an amused look as he tried to take another puff from his cigarette. "Glad you like it. It has Vodka, Extra Dry Martini, eucalyptus, Maraschino, and citrus."

"I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you want another one. " The man said, watching as Catalina_Rey finally begin to relax and stare at the ceiling thanks to the opium, seeming to be focused on Tesla.

When Daniel_Fitzgerald called for another Soju, he nodded. Before he got his drink Daniel tried to pay him. "You've already been paid for." He said before grabbing another bottle and placing it on the counter in front of the man.

"Would either one of you like something to eat? "
Report Post Tip

"Eat?" 

The word had lost its meaning, and Catalina had to think hard on it before she could formulate an answer. 

"Oh. Yes. Food would be wise," she nodded. Alcohol and opium on an empty stomach was playing havoc with her sensibilities. The menu looked like a scrambled mess of letters by now though, so she would have to rely yet again on the bartender's recommendation. 

"Any side will do, thank you," she smiled dreamily. 

Report Post Tip

Svent nodded Catalina_Rey before getting her a bowl of peanuts. "Here you go." He said before looking HiramBlack and Daniel_Fitzgerald. "Anything for you to?"

Report Post Tip

Hiram waved his hand. "Nooope. Still good with the drink here." He chuckled, still not able to believe the explosion of flavor mixed with what was in that drink. It -had- to be the opium that was really causing it all. Regardless, he smiled and put money on the counter top. Easily more than was necessary to cover their drinks and the peanuts.

"Not unless you have a cow in the back..." Hiram chuckled at his joke. "And I don't mean a side of beef." Shaking his head, Hiram stood and steadied himself. "Svent! Until next time! Keep making those drinks as good as you do." He winked then pointed at Danny and Cat. "You two... I'd say don't do anything I wouldn't do, but... That list is severely lacking in it's restrictive form. So. Be well!"

He snickered and walked toward the bathroom, disappearing for a while before reappearing and pointing at the door. "Wrong way." He made his way to the door and opened it, literally hissing at the bright light of the Sun and cursing before stepping out into the heat of the day, vanishing from sight as the heavy, wooden door shut behind him.

Report Post Tip

Excitement coursed through young Nessa as she stepped up to the door of the Electric Bat.  She was highly enamored by the name and had been eager to step inside from the moment that she had caught wind that one of her own family was building a bar.  That was perfect!  Curiosity had her enthralled with the idea of crossing it's threshold.  She had already heard murmurings around the city about the wonders inside.  And so it was that when she finally managed to come home again and could get her scattered brain to focus, she would go check it out.

Once she was done admiring the sign and earning amused glances from those passing by, Glitter finally pushed the door open.  She was given a couple looks, but allowed within.  She smiled warmly to those around her before glancing around the area excitedly.  Her eyes lit up in a joyful amazement that she could not even express with words.  Moving quietly around the outskirts of the room, she admired everything hung on the wall as if she were but a kid in a candy store.  Reaching out to touch a particularly deadly looking weapon, those eyes got even bigger.  This place was even better than the rumors stated.  It was amazing to behold!  Making it about a quarter of the way around, her eyes were drawn up the wall until something moving caught her eye.  As she followed the tempting light, an audible gasp was taken as she saw the huge bat shaped cage and what was inside.  Glitter watched it, drawn to it like a cat to a moth.  Yet it was likely a good thing that she couldn't reach out and touch it because she might would have.

The girl stood there gawking for a good many moments, seemingly oblivious to the other patrons in the place, she finally made her way toward the bar, murmuring her own amazement and accolades of the place.  As she reached the bar, she turned her gaze down and fixed one Svent with the same awed expression she had held most of the time she walked the place.  "Hey..."  A soft giggle errupted from the girl before him and one could tell that she had already likely been into the drink at least a little bit...  Perhaps even more than a little bit.  "May I have..."  She looked to the menu and blinked a couple times in confusion.  "Something colorful and maybe fruity?"  She smiled sweetly up at him with a hopeful expression.

Report Post Tip

Svent said his goodbyes to HiramBlack before the other male went into the bathroom. He couldn't help but smirk when the black haired male stated he went the wrong way and promptly left. The male pocketed the money and set to cleaning the mess that was left behind. Once he was finished cleaning, he saw GlitterGoddess walk in.

Svent watched as some of the older customers gave her odd looks, the young girl not caring one bit. He watched as she looked around and touched one of the weapons. For a moment he was going to say not to touch the display considering they weren't just decorations but she had already walked away from the object. He was thankful that Tesla was way off the ground because he was sure the girl would have touched it. The last thing he needed was an accident.

When she finally took a seat at the bar, he nodded to her. "Fruity and colorful." He said, smelling the alcohol on her breath. "And non-alcoholic." He stated before heading toward the back to get what he needed. After a moment he returned and went to the counter with various kinds of fruit. He then gave Glitter her drink. "Here you go a Rainbow Coconut Water Spritzer. Its made with strawberries, a sliced peach, pineapples, limes, and blueberries in coconut water and seltzer."

Report Post Tip

She found this place to be fantastic...  Absolutely fantastic!  She slipped her eyes closed and took in the sounds, the smells...  Everything.  She liked to commit every place she visited to memory like this.  Using all her senses.  Some might call her silly or even crazy, and some might even be right.  But Glitter felt very much that life was to be lived...  And lived to the fullest.  And this was no different!  Sighing softly she would flutter those eyes back open as she looked to Svent who spoke her same words.  Yet his addition brought a playful pout to her lips.  And yet she couldn't bring herself to argue with him.  "Maybe we'll try the alcoholic version later..."  She spoke with a light playfulness that spoke of her already intoxicated manner.  

Tilting her head a little, she watched him go into the back with no lack of curiosity.  She leaned so far over that she about toppled herself but she quickly righted herself with another pleasant giggle.  Oh yea.  She was in a darn good mood tonight!  She looked over the assortment of fruit before handing her a beautifully crafted drink.  Her eyes got a tad big and she nodded excitedly as she accepted it taking a sip with nod of complete approval.  "That is amazing..." She enthused softly as she enjoyed the way the tastes 'sparkled' upon her tongue.  "Do you want to dance?  I want to dance.  Let's dance!"  She spouted off with an excitement coloring her tone before jumping up and sending over a bar stool.  Turning bright pink as she righted the bar stool feeling that this was an uncomfortable habit that she was forming.  But she shrugged it off before looking to Svent with a hopefulness.  Wait...  Did this place even have a place to dance?  Oh she direly hoped so...  If not? She may very well just make her own.

Report Post Tip

Svent watched her enjoy the drink for a moment, pleased as always that what he decided on was good. However it seemed the girl still had quite a bit of energy to burn as she started talking about dancing. GlitterGoddess quickly jumped out of the stool and knocked it over. "Don't hurt yourself." He commented as he watched her straighten the stool. "I'm still working but there is a stage for you to dance on. I'll turn on the radio." He said, leaving the counter for a second before turning on the radio next to the stage and turning up the volume loud enough to be heard in the entire bar.

Report Post Tip

Glitter beamed at him excitedly, wiggling with glee even if her shin smarted a little where it had been smacked by the bar stool in it's way down. Yes that would leave a mark. But her outing wouldn't be complete without another bruise to add to the collection.  In any case, the small woman seemed to have one thing on her mind.  But Svents comment about working made her pout a little again.  She took another long drink of the beautiful and sweet drink, loving the cool easy way it slid down her throat and didn't burn.  

Music played at the dance floor and Glitter couldn't help but move with it.  She moved with a strange liquid grace for one who most certainly was already intoxicated when she arrived and it hadn't worn off yet.  She swayed to the music alone for a few minutes, not even really caring if she were alone or not.  Giggling gleefully, she was not alone for long.  A broad shouldered young gentleman had soon plucked up the courage and joined her to help her get her dancing fix.  

After some time, she wandered back to the bar area still moving to the music, her face flushed and an ever present smile upon her face as sure turned those excited eyes upon her family member.  "This place is beautiful Svant!" Once again distractible eyes were drawn upwards.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Svent went back to tending to customers needs as GlitterGoddess danced to her hearts content. He glanced to the stage once to make sure the girl hadn't fallen off, he saw her dancing with another male. The man decided to leaver her in the young gentlemen's care.

After awhile, Glitter returned to the bar. Once again she complimented the place but noticed she mispronounced his name. "Svant, huh? I'll let the guy know he did a good job." He stated, watching her stare at the ceiling.

Report Post Tip

Glitter wiggled with joy as she took up her drink and took a draw from it, only to realize that the drink she had snagged hadn't been hers at all, but another patrons and certainly alcoholic.  Cringing at the burn all the way down, she set it down, looking to the young woman with an apologetic look.  The woman chuckled and shrugged not seeming to mind too much, but Glitter grabbed true this time and took a draw from her own drink groaning softly as she loved the sweet flavors as they soothed her throat and chased away her thirst.  The music still thrummed through her tiny form even as she listened to Svent's words.  Wait huh?  "Svant?  Oh...  I'm sorry Svent!"  She flushed a bit and shook her head a bit as she took another drink of her drink.  "I do know how to say your name.  It's a very nice name."  She nodded in all seriousness before shaking her head a little wondering just what was in that woman's drink.  It tasted great, but it kicked her hard.  "Please do!  He did a phenome...  Phonemal...  Phemone...  A great job!"  She chirped as her mouth stumbled over that long word that certainly fit her sentiments better.  Drinking down the rest of her pretty and fruity little drink, she quietly licked the traces of it from her lips as she examined in thoroughly.  "That was good..."  She nodded happily before starting to lick the rim of the glass.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Electric Bat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL