Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:37
Page:  1 
The Fate of a Thug Started by: Carr_Finnegan on Feb 10, '08 09:17
A thug, only just more than a kid, leaned against a street light on a busy corner. He watched as people rushed by, keen on getting to wherever they were going. As they passed, he began to take large bites from an apple. The crunching noises were scarcely audible, but he still found himself stopping mid-chew so as not to interrupt his pondering. He began to speak out loud to help with this and was surprised to discover that an audience began to form.

What to do, what to do...

He let his body weight remove him from the lamp post and he took a step forward. Subconsciously, he started to pace.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm finally getting somewhere in my life. You'd think it would be nothing but cold drinks and hot women since joining organised crime (not to mention fistfuls of cash), but I find myself working harder than ever. I've done little else but rob liquor stores and 7-11s and deal in narcotics since being invited to work for Altitude. When I worked in the shipyards as just a boy, I sweated less than I have in just these past few hours.

Now, before you get started, I'm not complaining. I'm beginning to realise that there's nothing quite like the rush obtained through narrow escapes. There's also nothing quite like the feeling of being a part of something greater than yourself. I do wonder, though, how I managed to come to this life.

I've been asking myself, "Carr, are you proud of the decisions you've made in your life?" Truthfully, I have no answer. All I know is that I have to keep going. Life has been rough, but I will persevere and be better for it in the end.

That's exactly what I'd like to know, though. What is the end? What fate awaits someone new to this city and this way of life? I'll find out in due time undoubtedly.

Would anyone more experienced be willing to shed some light in the meantime?

Carr took another bite of his apple and resumed his leaning against the pole.
Report Post Tip
The answer is simple. Our fate is to end up in the obits. It can happen to anyone at anytime for any reason like I heard somebody say the other day, "I did it because I felt like doing it." That's the price we pay for all the cold drinks, fists full of cash and respect no one working in shipyards gets.
Report Post Tip
Sal ever vigilant hears of Carr's exploits and wondering, at first reluctant, Sal offers his take.

"If you do what you do for money and power, you'll gain these things. But, will they make you happy? I don't think so. Our Thing, it's a means without an end. Money and status can be stripped away with relative ease. But some of us... this is all we're good at. Stick with it and see what happens... Live and eveuntally die with a good rep and no regrets..."
Report Post Tip
Rocco smiles, able to relate to the young mans words

Being as I am just starting to get involved in this way of life, I understand your questioning your own decisions, but the life of a mobster is the life of royalty. Take what you want, do what you want.

Right now though, we're pretty low on the food chain, to be a Wise Guy someday would be a dream come true though...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Fate of a Thug
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL