X

May 19 - 17:54:24
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Hideaway (Private Dwelling) Started by: Exquisite on Sep 01, '19 09:02

Merchants Row

1247 Woodward Avenue

Unit 1200

Downtown Detroit

Zavi travel to Detroit on a regular basis, she was not a fan of hotels or motels unless necessary she enjoys having some privacy of some sort. She finds a nice 1400 sq. ft 2-bedroom lot on Merchant Row it was furnished nicely and it was in the midst of downtown Detroit so it was definitely a winner.

The Loft in question was unit 1200 on the top floor. The living room, kitchen and dining area was all open living space. The ceilings were high vaulted the color theme was fresh and slightly brighter than she was accustom to.

The master bedroom suite with master bathroom was straight across from the second bedroom.  The main bathroom was situated between the second bedroom and home office space. There was a small laundry room next to the master suite.

The loft had natural lighting and great views of the city when you were in the living room area or either one of the bedrooms. The master suite had a private balcony to enjoy with a hot tub on it.

The location on the top floor made it a lot more private, is situated at the end of the hallway next to a fire escape that led up to the rooftop.

Zavi is happy with the loft and amenities in which she would check out more later but at the moment she needed some downtime. She goes and calls Legolas to tell him about the lease. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Zavi was shocked when she got the news that was heading back to Detroit.  On the flight back, there were all kinds of memories flooding through her. Everything happens for a reason; she would be able to break in the loft she has there.

The plane lands and her friend Hakim picks her up from the airport. The two have dinner at the soul food joint called “Lucky” a block down from the loft she leased over a week ago.

Hakin drops Zavi off, she heads inside for a nap. She was feeling drained.

Report Post Tip

Hours later

It was late in the morning and for once Zavi decides instead of a nap she would go to bed. It a little after two in the morning and someone was banging her front door.

She mumbles and softly curses as she put a pillow over her head which fails miserably. She stretches and gets up she wearing a tank top and boy shorts.

Opening the door, whoever was there was gone but an envelope was taped to her door. Yawning, Zavi un tapes the envelope and relocks the door.

Looking at the envelope, she was curious but sleep was winning more. She places it on one of her nightstands so she doesn’t forget to open it as she climbs back in bed and out again in less than five minutes.

Report Post Tip

The sun would be rising soon, Zavi was lying in the dark wide awake. She turns over to her side it was nine minutes to six according to the clock.

Thinking to herself she should be asleep still but she was starting to struggle. She had those who took great joy in trying to break her.  Then others that just wanted friends with benefits or a side piece.  She sighs softly or those who just would not accept her for who she was and got upset with her on a constant basis.  The final thing that really irks her is she busts her ass for what she wanted, most of what she got she earned. She started to get leery on gifts because the majority of them threw it back up in her face.

She knew she had to keep pushing forward, deep within her heart she knew what she desires but she was getting tired.  Loneliness was creeping back in.  A war went on daily, the more she shines her light, darkness tried even harder to snuff it out. The more she pushes positivity; negativity was playing dirty.

She quietly starts to weigh out her options, it was back to the drawing board. The craving for a drink was kicking back in.  She would stock up at the liquor store later since didn’t have a chance to stock the bar in here.

Zavi started to yawn again,  finally, she was ready to catch a few more Zs.

Report Post Tip

A few hours later, Zavi was back at home. Her bar was stocked and her fridge, cabinets, and pantry looked decent. At the moment she was sipping a glass of wine, waiting for the clothes to get done so she could throw them in the dryer. Looking out the kitchen window a smile appeared on her face as she watches some kids playing at the playground across the street. The phone rings, interrupting her, she hurries to the one in the kitchen, setting her wine glass down she answers it.

“Hello?”

On the other end was Indica calling to check on her.  Zavi has known Indica for over ten years, the two meet up in the bayou. Zavi spirit was lifted up more from hearing from her dear friend.

"Hey Zavi, just checking up on our sweet sunshine. I have not heard from you in a few days. So how are you feeling?" Indica voice is warm and lively with a hint of concern

Zavi hesitates for a moment before responding. “I am so happy to hear from you; the transitioning has been up and down like a roller coaster”

Indica could detect a little pain and sadness in Zavi voice. “I am sorry to hear that, is there anything I can do to help?”

Zavi sighs softly “No, just keep things running smoothly”

“Of course, did you get the envelope?”

Zavi had to think for a second. “Yes, I did but I must go, for now, I will call you back in an hour”

“Okie Doke, bye Zavi”

Zavi says goodbye and hangs up. Putting laundry in the dryer, she then goes to retrieve the letter off the nightstand.

Report Post Tip

Zavi makes her way into her bedroom. She cuts on one of the lamps and sits on the edge of the bed. She looks over the envelope before opening it. Pulling out the content there were two deeds transfer into her name.  It turns out she was the benefactor of a soul food joint and the other one was a ranch. The items in question belong to a Mister Marty who she realized pass away last month.  Mister Marty was like a grandfather figure to her. He always had words of wisdom for her plus he shares some cool BBQ tips that worked wonders.  

Between the deeds was a little cash as well. Zavi would check out the properties soon but at the moment she just desires to rest, the days of working herself into exhaustion was over. She picks up the phone and called Indica back.

Report Post Tip

Late at night

It is almost two in the morning and Zavi is in bed fast asleep, this second night in the row for her which the select few who knows her, knows this is a rarity.

The only light in the room was the moon and by the looks of it Zavi is curled up on her side, she actually looks peaceful.

She was not alone from the looks of it. A lady figure was watching over her. She goes over to Zavi and tucks her in and kisses her forehead before disappearing.

Zavi smiles softly in her sleep not waking up.

Report Post Tip

In the middle of the night

It wasn’t even four o clock in the morning when Zavi awoke. Her sleeping schedule was off for now but she was working on getting it back somewhat normal. Zavi was proud of herself for going to bed at a decent time, two days straight.  Normally she would only nap a few hours and stay up for days until she passed out.  Deep down she knew that was no good but at the time her choices were slim.  Zavi felt in a sense this was therapeutic for her.

She rolls on her back and starts to talk out loud to herself

“A lot of folks expect me to open a coffee shop or an eatery but they don’t understand at the moment my heart is not on board. I refuse to go through the motions besides I am frugal and have a small nest egg that should sustain me”

Zavi grabs her water bottle, sitting up she takes a sip, putting the water bottle down and lies back down

"As for matters of the heart, I refuse to self-destruct. I will keep being authentically me. Whatever happens, does. No more unstableness."

Zavi felt a bittersweetness flow through her after she utters the words. She knew what was right would come there was no sense in fretting over. A small voice she hears from within

"Do not feel guilty, you need to rest and relax, you deserve it Oh don’t think too much, keep flowing”

Zavi knew that it was true but she felt awkward, she was so used to keeping busy it was like a safety net and now all gone.  A week go she was making plans which are now poof.

She did for a second feel some guilty in the state she was in and her powers totally dormant, she couldn’t help Joyri at the moment but she was thankful that shadow warriors were on it now. She felt reassurance as the inner voice within speak up again.

“Everything is ok, you did your part, for now, it is out of your hands. It’s time for you to learn to enjoy more, no more pins and needles for you”

All Zavi could do was nod, her conscience was right.  Turning back on her side, she tries to go back to sleep.

Report Post Tip

Fast Forward to Day Later

Zavi downed the last of orange juice, quietly thinking on a variety of matters. Titus was right she was not one to stay down long, she couldn’t afford to do that. It didn’t take long to figure out what was what.  Maybe she would use some of the connects she had. They were pretty powerful and each one of them has adopted her as family. She had connections all over.  Right now, she loves to just head overseas to Russia or Japan but the time was not right.  As for business, some stuff was out of the question especially if you wanted a short life. Truth be told she had a network of folks all over the place working doing things that on the legal side. For example, different facilities were up for the less fortunate, the system she uses was successful and was adding better into society with those considered lowly, those individuals were making small impacts that were contagious.

For the time being Titus and Cassia did an amazing job of putting (beep) stuff away. If he came back that would be great but she knew how he was and right now she had to keep on pressing on. Zavi tapped her foot up against the hardwood floor. Zavi sent word to all locations for (beep) stuff to be put away. The truth was she was not sure when he popped up that was how it went.  She was too free-spirited to be tied down anyways, some consider her stubborn but she learns you have to say no, folks will try to use and take advantage of you in a heartbeat.  Even if she has to weather the storms, she still had to do what godfather said.

Times was changing, pettiness was at an all times high.  Certain things she might not have at the moment but her large variety of fighting skills she still possessed. Cassia interrupts Zavi from thoughts.

“Hey girl, you back to looking radiant, that kimono looks incredible on you, would you like something to eat? “

Zavi agreed, she enjoys wearing kimonos, this black and white dragon one she was wrapped in was made of silk. She knew she needed to eat but her appetite was gone.

“I will pass, for now, Cassi”

Cassia nods as she picks up Zavi empty glass

“How about a drink then?” Cassia snaps her fingers. “Before I forget you have condolences, tributes, and gifts pouring in.”

Zavi smiles softly, the love from others was so precious and dear to her. Titus walks in with a briefcase, he opens it, Zavi grabs the card that is lying on stacks of money. Opening the card, the message was written in French… Il n’y a pas de verités moyennes. Zavi knew who it was from immediately, the gesture touches her deeply.

All of a sudden it hits her on what she needed to do next as she had Titus to close it up.

“Yes, call Indica and tell her Unrestricted, she will know what it means”

“Ok, I am on it”

Zavi gets up and take the deeds and briefcase of cash and disappear into her home office.

Report Post Tip

An hour later Zavi is on the phone with Indica who wanted to know more about what she was looking for.

“Well, I have the funding without having to dig deep in my resources. I am not starting off huge to be honest but the following things are of great importance. “

“All right, now tell me once again so I have this correct…”

“First I need it to be on enough land to expand with growth”

“Yes, makes total sense, plus you need room to build sets and stuff”

“True but I plan to have a few towers constructed, one will be a radio tower. “

“Oooh you got me intrigued, Zavi”

“Good, also if it has a few building in place to start would be amazing because thanks to one of my connect, I have a huge contract to print off different books and other publications “

“This move is going to open up so much. Any name for this”

“Yes, it is, Infinite Visionz, something like that, I am not totally locked in”

“Well I love it, I think it fits you but I am on this, I will let you know what I come up within the next few days:

“Thank you, I must go, for now, I have other calls to make”

“Ok, Zavi, stay up”

“You too, bye”

Zavi hangs up and takes a few minutes to let it soak in Infinite Visionz was a reality just maybe she can find a partner to join up. She will check with her connects and see

Report Post Tip

Zavi was elated after she hung up the phone. She had a well establish distributer now to help her move out her orders effective now. She takes a sip of her water. She softly blushes at Pops recommending she get herself a lover to help her stay stress-free. Funny thing is he not the only one to suggest that so she keep her eyes open for an ideal candidate. The publishing branch of her business could go nationwide in no time. It talents and skills were well known and her reputation was good.  Now she needed a publisher name Infinite Publishing worked on all levels.

Sitting at her desk, she opens up a few folders and starts working diligently on the orders she does not want to fall behind, it was important to establish good foundations.

Report Post Tip

Next day-morning time

Zavi had just finished making breakfast for Cassia and Hakim. Cassia would be going back to Philly this morning.  The two was sitting at the breakfast nook, Zavi was in the process of serving them some of her homemade buttermilk pancakes and omelets.  After everybody is served, she serves coffee and cran mango juice.

Finally having a seat Hakim blesses the food as the three are eating, Cassia notice Zavi was quieter than normal.

“Is something wrong Zavi?”

“Not really just deciding what to do next.  I was giving Big Mama old house. I am thinking about moving there, Mister Marty said it was a request of hers. “

Hakim chimes in “Isn’t that on Grandmont?”

Zavi nods and sips her coffee

“Well living out there would be plus, not much to come out your pocket”

“True but if memory serves me right the place is huge, I wouldn’t want to live alone in it”

Cassia rubs her chin, thinking for a second.

“Find a roommate or housekeeper, that would keep you company…”

“But I don’t want just anybody to do so though”

The three continue to talk, afterward, it was to the airport, the to the office.

Report Post Tip

Later that evening 

Her feel was sore as kicked off her heels after a busy day.  Locking the door Zavi goes pours herself a glass of wine. She would go back out to the ranch when the horses arrived.

She grabs the mail off the little table by the door and makes her way into the living room.  Having a seat in her recliner, Zavi takes a sip of her wine. The phone rings as she about to open the mail. She sits her wine and mails down to answer it. It was Hakim checking on her. During the phone call as the two are chatting about the ranch. Zavi realizes she was too tired and forgot to make sure the No Trespassing and Private Property signs were visible at the Zion Valley Ranch.

Before the two hang up Zavi ask Hakim to handle it for her, he agrees. After getting off the phone with no warning Zavi felt a headache coming.

She finishes her wine and decides to go lay down.

Report Post Tip

Next Day

Zavi was curl up in bed nursing a migraine when the phone rings, she reaches out and answers it

“Hello….”

“Hello ma’am, my name is Manly Davis and I am a developer and I would love for you to be a part of The Sherwood Forest Association. I heard many great things about you from the locals and some of your peers.

Zavi was caught off guard slightly Sherwood Forest had something to do with Robin Hood and that was over in England

“Well, Mr., Davis, I am interest let’s do lunch tomorrow at Dale's Burger Shop”

“Sounds good, you won’t be disappointed, take care until then”

Zavi hangs up and giggles weakly, she couldn’t get Sherwood Forest out of her head nor Robin Hood. If memory serves her right, she saw Mr. Hood around the HQ briefly. She closes her eyes again resting, Zavi could feel her headache getting better.

Report Post Tip

Zavi had a hard time resting after the call from Mister Manly Davis so she got up and had her new secretary Rebecca at Infinite Vision to contact Mr. Davis and see about moving the meeting to this evening at Dale's Burger Shop.

While waiting for Rebecca callback, Zavi takes a hot shower which helps to ease her headache even more so.

For the meeting, Zavi decided to wear a simple mauve ruffled knit dress and a pair of sandals. Her hair she wore loosely as for makeup and stockings she went all-natural.

Smiling, Zavi hears the phone ring, she hurries to answer it, it was her secretary telling her he agreed. Zavi thanks her and finish getting dressed.

Report Post Tip

Early In Morning, The Next Day

It was earlier in the morning and Zavi was a wide-awake reflection on the latest of events, she now had a seat on the newly founded board of director of Sherwood Forrest Association. Zavi was excited about being able to help with coming up with new subdivisions, parks and recreations and the promoting and offering support to new businesses and old businesses that needed help

One of the first projects she was on board with was a library. Reading was important and she was willing to donate books to the library that was in the work.  Speaking of books, business kept picking up more and more, the demand for publishing material was reaching an all-time high.

Yawning, Zavi decides to get some more rest, she had to catch up from yesterday. Turning on her side, she drifts off again peaceful.

Report Post Tip

Evening Time

Zavi finally makes it home from the office.  She waves at one of her neighbor Ms. Peabody who lives down the hall from her.

Zavi was happy, Aura would be coming home this evening. She missed her, there was plenty of space for to roam around in the flat

The management team was great, they even gave her a discount on the pet deposit.

Opening the door and heading inside, Aura stuff was already here and ready.

Locking the door Zavi goes into her home office and opens the safe tucked away behind one of the bookcases. She slides in the new deeds she obtained today. She pulls out a small jewelry box, opening it she looks at Big Mama Eloise jewels that she inherited. Some of the pieces have been in the family for over 100 years according to the stories that Big Mama shared.   One particular piece Zavi looks at was a ruby necklace that belongs to Big Mama Eloise great grandmother. It was a beauty as she slides it back into the jewelry box locking it and closing the safe up.

Zavi hears knocking at her front door so she hurries to answer it.

Report Post Tip

Aura was a bundle of energy, Zavi took her for a walk tiring her out.  Soon she was in her puppy bed, fast asleep. Zavi was tired too. She makes a BLT for dinner and has a glass of wine to compliment it.

Afterward, she takes a hot shower and climbs in bed with a book. The last book she read was As I Lay Dying, tonight she was reading Brave New World. Zavi reads for about an hour before getting sleepy.  Putting a bookmark in the book, she closes it and put it on the nightstand. Cutting the light off, she lies on her side, slowly drifting off.

Report Post Tip

Robin peered from behind a tree near the loft as he staked the place out. The building didn't appear to be guarded but he knew this wouldn't be an easy task. Hearing a rustling behind him, he turned around to find James approaching him.

"Hi, James you made it. So tell me about the loft and about the jewelry."

"Yes Robin, well her place is on the top floor. It isn't easy to access the place, there isn't a fire escape outside. As for her necklace, she has it securely hidden away in a wall safe in her office."

"Her necklace?" Robin raised an eyebrow and asked him.

"I meant my sister's necklace which Zavia took from her. This situation has me on edge you see," James replied and added "About the safe, it is behind one of the bookcases but breaking into it will be tough."

"They used to call me Prince of Thieves for a reason, so don't you worry about me. Stay here James. I will be back soon."

"Sure thing, I will wait right here," James replied.

Under the cover of darkness, Robin crept closer to the building. He circled around it and at the back he found a thick metal pipe going all the way to the roof. Grabbing hold of the pipe he climbed towards the first floor. From there he jumped onto the nearest balcony. Taking a piece of thick rope from his knapsack, he tied one end to the railing and let it dangle down to make a quick escape when he was done.

Picking the lock on the balcony door was a piece of cake and in a matter of minutes he was standing inside the unoccupied bedroom. Quietly he made his way towards the hallway and without making any noise he opened the door to the office. The safe was easy to locate and to his dismay it was the latest model. It required a combination as well as a key. Finding the key would make it much easier to get into it, so he decided to search for it first.

The key was nowhere to be found in the office so he deduced that Zavia must be keeping it on her person. Robin tiptoed over to the master bedroom and pushed the door open. The room was dark but he could make out the outline of someone lying in the bed. He moved closer to the bed and found her fast asleep, wearing only a nightgown. Her chest heaved as she slept, the fabric barely contained her figure. Robin knew he had but one option. Moving close to her he placed a hand around her mouth. "Shh don't make a sound," he ordered as she woke up with a start.

Meanwhile James who left his hiding spot across the street, was standing beneath the balcony. He used the rope to climb up to the balcony and without wasting a moment he went in search of the safe. His sister had made a duplicate key for him. She also knew the combination to the safe. With that knowledge he began working on the safe, his fingers twitched in anticipation as he turned the lock.

Report Post Tip

Zavi was awakened with a jolt. She couldn’t make out the figure in the dark. Her heart was beating rapidly. She wonders for a second if this was just a dream. As she awakens more she realizes it wasn't, she starts to grow angry. Silently she thinks to herself, what can she do to overtake her intruder. All of a sudden, she hears Aura growling and barking.

Zavi realizes whoever this intruder was, it was clear he was not working alone.  For a second it seems like the man who threatens her was caught off guard with the ruckus going on in the front area.

In the other room, she hears a faint yelp from another guy. Aura must have bitten him, soon there is cussing and aloud whimper and thud sound from Aura which upsets Zavi more.

In her anger and worry for Aura, Zavi slams her palm into the intruder's chest catching him off guard, knocking the wind out of him. She sinks her teeth in the hand he had placed over her mouth.  The intruder growls menacingly as Zavi springs forward knocking him to the floor landing on top of him. Zavi sneers at the intruder,  her nightgown was dishevel

“You piece of shit, you enjoy preying on woman, don’t you”?

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Hideaway (Private Dwelling)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL