Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 12:16:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: 1% and fairness Started by: Squishy on Sep 04, '19 19:34

We've always tried to have it so nothing is 100% and nothing is 0%.  The 99% and 1% rule have served us well, however it needed to be modified slightly.

When a brand new account goes on the warpath to cause issues, it sometimes can work out to be a bit unfair that someone with no work put in can take out someone with tons of work put in.  Sooo, we have modified the 1% rule a tad more, it now adds in an additional modifier that compares the amount of work you put in to a standardized average to see if you are actually playing the account, or just doing the 75 petties and then taking a shot at a high ranker for the lols.

The further you are from the average player who put in an average amount of work during that age of your account, the further away from the 1% you are. 

TLDR; Doing the bare minimum of petties/instas to get a gun and then shooting will have a much lower chance of hitting now.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

What if you have done more then average? Will it be more than 1%? 

Report Post Tip

I think not Admiral.

The way I am interpreting it, is that it does a check, if you hit the minimum work threshold, you get the normal 1% chance, if you don't hit that threshold, you don't get the 1%.

Report Post Tip

I wanted to ask that same thing actually

Report Post Tip

If you want more than 1%, you need to work your wack skill, thats how you get more than 1%.

Vezux, this is more of a feature designed to protect accounts like yours, with days of work put into it, by being shot by a person who has a total combined online time of 3 minutes, who hit the insta-petty button a bunch of times during that 3 minutes.

Report Post Tip

Absolutely love this!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

While I don't doubt there are 1%ers "for the lulz," were there not already mechanisms to prevent this? They need a gun, sure, but (last I checked) they also need auth to shoot at "high rankers", so someone with an HQ is at stake. Not to mention that they'd need 70 shots (and therefore 70 accounts, or 70 days) just to narrowly beat a coin flip's chance of hitting.

I certainly don't mind the change, but isn't the real impact of this change a reduction in (or pretty much elimination of) proer 1%s? It seems the very-old-but-does-nothing-but-pro-their-friends accounts just went dramatically up in value, since they are the least-likely to earn a full 1%.

Report Post Tip

The chance would always be 1%, whether on shot 1 or shot 70.

Report Post Tip
Daryl, it uses logic outside of what is disclosed here to help determine when and to what degree it should kick in. Thst code was written for a slightly different feature and historically has done a fair job when it comes to identifying proers.
Report Post Tip
Makes having a few lazy proers around pretty appealing
Report Post Tip

Squishy, does that mean that the modifier will identify when a player is proing someone, versus a player actually wanting to kill that someone?

If it doesn't distinguish that difference, I say it's a pretty good change for proers as a whole. Less deaths all around. The alternative is of course a balance for the original intended usage - to punish people spamming shots from new accounts.

Report Post Tip

This should work both ways. If a high level account takes a shot at someone fresh off the boat their wb chances should increase.

Report Post Tip

Downside is that an active player that is not training their gun is rewarded by a higher chance to fail a pro shot..

Report Post Tip

Taradiddle_ that is incorrect. Chance would be the same as it was before the change.

Report Post Tip

I mean, compared to not being active..

Slacking now is favoured. Not complaining, çause I ace that!

Report Post Tip

Slacking now is favored for the proers, indeed. Hence why I asked Squishy if that was intended or not.

The upside in all of this, is that there will be less upsets for a proer rolling up the jackpot.

Report Post Tip

This change encourages someone not building a gun to stop playing MR. If I log in and do my hustle every day I'm slowly increasing the chance my pro shot will kill someone I want to keep safe, so I need to give my phone number to a gun builder, do enough petties to receive a gun and that person will call me when I need to make a new account or pro them. 

There is no point to logging in anymore. Now that this change is here the average "work" being done will plummet as other proers read this and pretty soon 60% of the game accounts are going to be people in comas. This change makes me think we will have less and less of the community around daily. 

Just make 1% a thing for guns over 200 or at least maxed. Doing everything right and getting your proer in place and timed perfectly is tactics, skill and luck; if they are taking a pro there is threat enough that someone else can kill them. 

I see this as a bad change. What prompted this change? Where is the Suggestion Thread with all the upvotes? I see so many things with lots of upvotes that should be coded in and keep seeing changes I can't even find in the suggestion thread. Are we not using that anymore? 

What are the statistics on accounts with no work put in having auth to shoot at high ranking players? Is that happening weekly? I don't buy it. I don't see how this was a top priority issue to recode. Why did this suggestion make it to the top of the coder ToDo list? 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $90,000 Tip

My first question the day thiwith just about everths change came into play where is the increase in WB? Many have put much work into their accounts to be wiped out for no reason other their guns are getting to close for comfort. You know the drill. ;) WB needs to be increased. 

What's the difference between someone who surfaces with a vengeance then the top gun who is paranoid?

Roscoe presented a few good points as well. 

Report Post Tip

I don’t get that at all RoscoeShackleton, if you play the game and want to be a proper, you have no higher chance of killing your target than before, however if your intention is to create an account and do the bear minimum to get a gun and shoot some unsuspecting wise guy, CL or RHM for shits and giggles then the game will see what you are up to and reduce the chance of you getting that 1%. Squishy has already said the game has a proven history of being able to differentiate between a genuine pro shit and a random wack.

sure if you want to be the ultimate proper then you could literally do nothing until needed, and to be honest that has always happened, I know of people who have gotten friends to sign up and do nothing until needed for a pro.

Report Post Tip

@Willian_Pratt could you provide a reference to your claim, that the game indeed differentiates between a pro shot and a random wack, or is it something someone said over lounge?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: 1% and fairness
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL