Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:04:52
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Pro'ng Started by: Swampy on Sep 10, '19 02:47

I can't see where there will be anything else for me to add. My opinion on this is here.

Report Post Tip
"I don't see where quickening wars is a bad thing even though I am not conceding that point. I surely don't think it would make them more probably. Knowing there will be retaliation and one can't hide behind a pro will make people think twice."

How if they kill all the hitters in two waves? what is there to think twice about lol
Report Post Tip

Being pro'd is a part of the game.It protects 100's of hours hard work for 4 hours while you sleep, feed the kids, do some work, wank or anything in between.

It's settled then. A big fat +1

Those being taken down might be sleeping for four hours, feeding the kids, doing some work, wanking or anything in between. Their 100 hours of hard work are valid too. Otherwise, everyone should get sleep deprived, starve the kids, quit jobs, don't get fucked?

Report Post Tip

I think you guys are looking at a very limited scope.  Pro is not just for people with proers tryign to stay alive, they are also for normal people who are being attacked by someone who is trying to kill them.

You can kill anyone you want in the game within 4 days.  Anyone.  Godfather, gangster, and everything in between.

Do you think we would even get to the point of even having wars if everyone can be killed in 4 days?

Think about the other 95% of the time when pro is used, outside of the wars you guys are only focusing on. 

Report Post Tip

If you want to change the outcome of things, change the way pro works.

Make it full on RP, you literally get carted off to a hospital or the local underground veterinarian who owns you a favor.  You are confined to a room, unable to do *anything* until your 4 hours is up, or you can walk out of the hospital and void your pro in order to continue playing.

So, you can enjoy 4 hours of pro, but at a cost.

Or you can get back in the game with no pro.

^-- This is the discussion you should be having.

Report Post Tip

I didn't know normal existed. ;)

Do you mean people like Luis getting pro's outside of war? Do you mean leaders getting pro's outside of war? Are you telling me the average player is pro'd on a regular basis? Please enlighten me.

Report Post Tip

People get shot at all the time outside of wars.

People don't get shot at as often because of the 4 hours of pro.  If you could get a lot more shots off before you are discovered, there would be alot more 'fuck that guy in particular' wack attempts.  Got a stealth account with a few hours into it?  You can kill anyone.

I don't think removing pro would have the desired affect you want, sure it would during war, but it would greatly change the other 99% of the time when the game is not in a state of war.

Report Post Tip

I would only support removing pro wacks if there was a corresponding punishment for failing to hit. So you miss the shot, and in addition to putting the 1 hour on your timer,  there's some penalty. perhaps the penalty being that if you miss, you in particular cannot shoot that same target for, say, 2 hours, with increasing periods for consecutive misses on the same target. so you miss once, You can shoot again in 1 hour, and the same target in 2 hours. you shoot that same target and miss again, now your shot timer is 1 hour, but you can't shoot that same target for 3 hours. Etc. etc.

Which would have the upshot of entirely changing how Pro-wacks are planned.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

You can kill anyone you want in the game within 4 days.  Anyone.  Godfather, gangster, and everything in between.

Do you think we would even get to the point of even having wars if everyone can be killed in 4 days?

Think about the other 95% of the time when pro is used, outside of the wars you guys are only focusing on. 

Are you saying pros during wars are only 5% of the pros in this game? I call BS.

I have never taken a pro outside of war. Are people so afraid of being killed that they are proing outside of war/right after a take-down?

What makes you think the majority of us could kill whoever we wanted in 4 days? That makes no sense. 

If you want to change the outcome of things, change the way pro works.

Make it full on RP, you literally get carted off to a hospital or the local underground veterinarian who owns you a favor.  You are confined to a room, unable to do *anything* until your 4 hours is up, or you can walk out of the hospital and void your pro in order to continue playing.

So, you can enjoy 4 hours of pro, but at a cost.

Or you can get back in the game with no pro.

^-- This is the discussion you should be having.

I don't think what you are suggesting is any penalty that would matter. The only thing I believe would make a difference is if pros could be used on a limited basis. So what if you can't do anything for 4 hours. Walking out of the hospital is the same as being pro'd and coming off pro when shooting. No difference other than a meaningless penalty. There are plenty of RL things to occupy that time as well. If you don't want to eliminate them, severely limit them. Make it so they have to wait 24 hours to go back in the hospital. Limit them to 1 a day. People shouldn't be living under the protection of pro's. Using them on a regular basis to avoid a bullet is cowardice. 

Stealth accounts can kill anyone in a few hours. I call BS on that too. A stealth account does not have a maxed gun. They basically start with a paint gun. I mean, lets get real here.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip

@phillistein I could see something along those lines being workable. A scaled version when failing to hit would work for me if pro's were removed. I would go as far as if someone failed to hit a person 4 times they shouldn't be able to shoot at that person for 72 hours. 4 fails after that, you can't shoot at that person for a week. Something along those lines. Even increased penalties to what you suggested would work for me.

Report Post Tip

not 95% of pro's. 95% of time. which is to say that we're in war footing for a few hours, maybe a day or two, then not for literally months.

and we see enough 1%s that i buy his point about 4 days old.

Removing pro's completely would make it far far easier for rogues to destabilize things, or for random whiny's to take a shot and screw with things. there would need to be some kind of check/balance so that we didn't find ourselves losing a CL every couple of days, thus the game being a churning, unstable mess.

Report Post Tip

1 %'s were recently altered to severely reduce their chances. Checks/balances is always a good thing. I don't see CL's getting killed.

If 95% is as you say of time, if people are being pro'd outside of war they are cowardice. Right after war, I understand a pro.

We've been having take-downs virtually every 2 weeks as of late. This is the first real war in awhile. I believe by changing these things there would put an element of balance into them. People who live through a take-down should get their shot. 

I literally got a call to come respond here. If I don't respond tonight, I'm not returning until tomorrow :) I'm happy to debate this.

Report Post Tip

war is fun because it demands skills in management.. everyone can say "all with low guns keep on spamming CL´s" as crews have many members its difficult to take down all quick. the change in 1% doesnt affect proers who otherwise is active, and low gunners. 
it would be a race to take down CL´s cus people would loose rank boosts and not be able to set up afterwards. ie. lost the war. 

loosing that much BG´s to 1%´s is even more lame than what you argued in the start. 

also for everyone sleeping, working at a job that DEMANDS no phone. this is critical, to not be able to protect a crew leader when he/she is unavailable.. this game would move towards supporting rich people who dont need jobs or people on social welfare in different countries who also dont have any workplace to go to. 

my opinion is that proeing is certainly needed. i would hate it if the admins actually listened to this suggestion. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Honestly, reading this forum makes me want to quit.

So apparently noobs could kill pros??? WTF. Games like these deserve to be buried. No offense.
(This game is great & I love it, but hearing about this noob-can-kill-pro-thing & pro ng makes me want to puke.) I know for sure I wouldn't want to get clapped easily by a new account, who could happen to be someone else's 2nd account.

I get it if maybe you die to a noob because you let your guard down, or you let him, but hearing that BG's do nothing, when millions invested in + lets not even get started on the hours put in, can't protect you when a noob fires at them & you need a pro ng (online player to take the bullet for you, rather than your own bodyguards) is ridiculous. Period.

I might be quitting before I even started finding a great game to play.

-----Just some thoughts. If you think I missed something, feel free to fill me in. Thanks.-----
Report Post Tip

People get shot at all the time outside of wars.

I absolutely agree. Victim could be within the confines of their family or outside their family. Either way, how it is handled is weak. 

I don't think removing pro would have the desired affect you want, sure it would during war, but it would greatly change the other 99% of the time when the game is not in a state of war.

Surely you are aware of the cowards who take down cities because they are paranoid and got that kind of clout. Then pro their asses for weeks/months on end in between their shots? Is that realistically a war? 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

So apparently noobs could kill pros??? WTF. Games like these deserve to be buried. No offense.
(This game is great & I love it, but hearing about this noob-can-kill-pro-thing & pro ng makes me want to puke.) I know for sure I wouldn't want to get clapped easily by a new account, who could happen to be someone else's 2nd account.

I get it if maybe you die to a noob because you let your guard down, or you let him, but hearing that BG's do nothing, when millions invested in + lets not even get started on the hours put in, can't protect you when a noob fires at them & you need a pro ng (online player to take the bullet for you, rather than your own bodyguards) is ridiculous. Period

I would hate to see a player walk away. BlueSkies. Take some time to learn the aspects of combat and the reasoning behind things here. It is not as clear cut as it is made out. There are loads of different variables that determine outcome. I look foward to seeing you around. 

-Max

Report Post Tip
MaximLazovsky - I've come to think about, that I'd lose a great game & a wonderful respecting community with great Support. I still stand by my original post, but apologize for being so quick on the gun, my fault. At the time I was playing 3-similar kind of games that have had the same issue (noob > pro) going on.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Pro'ng
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL