Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:33
Page:  1 
Tammy's 12th Street Bakery Started by: Tammy on Sep 11, '19 14:12

It wasn't out of free will..

She felt she needed it done quickly, before Mikhail would enforce all food to be crimson red borstch; therefore she had taken the first chance she could get, an abandoned coffee store in the Detroit Business District.

It probably was because she wore the very same name her great(times-thirteen)-grandmother wore, that people started ordering drinks and food from her, the very moment she showed up in this society. Gordon_Ramsey asked for Rhubarb Crumble Pie just after she offered him coffee, TryMeNow wanted to have brownies, sooner rather than later.

Tammy sighed as she had to find a place to import mangoes from, to get Charlie__Pavanno his daily fix of juice. Thankfully Howie simply asked for coffee.

Is this what happens to a world of criminals after a war? Hunger? Thirst?

But.. as she was raised to lead a fullfilling life, to others, she decided to start simple, having taken the apron from her suitcase with inherited kitchenery, as well as her whisk. She searched the backstore for some utensils, found a bowl and took it to the kitchen sink. She had everything there; eggs; cream; milk; flour; vanilla and sugar. She'd go and make @LarryBird a damnfine low-on-clots-custard..

After reducinng the clots to a decent amount, she wrote down a simple menu and hung it by the door entrance

Drinks
Coffee $1
Mango Juice $15*
Tea $1**

Foods and bites
Rhubarb cake $2
Brownie $1
Blueberry cheesecake $3

*available once the import is set up only
**only upon identification with a British passport

She looked and really but hoped people like Soseki, ZebrishBlack and MariaReynolds would one day enter. With that thought in mind, still feeling massively slightly forced into this role as she flung the door sign to OPEN.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Gordon walked into the small shop saw Tammy and nodded towards he at the counter Coffee and Rhubarb cake was ordered taking a seat in the back corner so he could see the world going by Gordon sipped on the coffee strong and bitter no sugar no milk the rhubarb cake was moist and sweet and was helped by the sharp rhubarb more coffee was ordered this time with a piece of brownie it was soft and dense just like brownie should be 

Overall the food and drink was good Gordon gave the place a rating of 7/10 the decor letting the place down but with a message saying he would be back at a later date to see how things were going  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Since the end of the war, people across the land were busy with all sorts of things. From setting up businesses to gain back the profit that was lost and sending out invites to the wandering souls. Nikki walked by Tammy's 12th street bakery and thought to herself, wow this place really has a lot of potential. 

Nikki walked up to the counter, flashed a white teethy smile and nodded her head in greeting. "Um hi, yeah... Can I please get four brownies and two mango juices? It sounds so good to have right now," she said happily. 

Report Post Tip

Tammy was happy to see Gordon_Ramsey as her first ever client to the bakery.
Contrary to his reputation, she did neither hear a single 'fuck' as he ordered the rhubarb cake, nor as he drank his coffee. He liked it strong and black, just like EleanorShellstrop liked her men.

Tammy smiled as Gordon ordered more, she even chuckled as she thought of the similarities between Gordon and Eleanor in terms of quantity, and walked up to him to refill his large cup. She peeked at his little questionnaire form, but couldn't read the handwriting properly, as she was distracted by a new customer.

Tammy quickly headed back to the counter and smiled as NikkiOsavkovska ordered. It wasn't a problem for Tammy to have to disappoint Nikki, as Tammy's whole family line was disappointing others. It must have been in her DNA, if something like that existed..

I am terribly sorry, NikkiOsavkovska, but I did not yet find a proper Mango importer.. Would you still like the brownies?

Report Post Tip

Wooa, Tammy's 12th Street Bakery, he really was glad to see this at his home-town and hurried into it and directly meat up with Tammy at the counter.

"Hey mam, can I have a fresh coffee along with a Blueberry Cheese-cake"

Report Post Tip

Dropping off his cigarette butt at the door, Stiletto walked into a cutesy coffee shop turned bakery holding his hat.

"Mornin', Tammy! How are you doing? I just revised my breakfast habits and I figured this would be the perfect place to start eating. Apparently just coffee doesn't cut it."

A slight chuckle was quickly followed by a brief moment of attention towards the menu.

"I'll take a couple of brownies and a warm cup of joe. You mind if I get an ashtray with it?"

Report Post Tip

BigBoy is visiting DT atm he stops in Tammy's 12th Street Bakery.  To fill his sweet tooth later and walks in and talks with the lady at the counter,her name tag said Rita, he asks her if he could get a cheesecake to go,Rita says sure and she gets it ready for him ,he smiles and thanks her for having a ggod heart ,and said he will love digging into it and eat.

Report Post Tip

Her service was as quick as it always was.. Well.. Maybe WeirdosIsEverywhere had been around for a bit.. Tammy wasn't sure. But she was sure that the blueberry cheesecake was excellent today. Just as the Battenberg cake was. She changed her apron for a cleaner one, not noticing the name tag of Rita still being pinned to it. Not too long ago, Rita had applied for an internship. She did rather well at the start, but accidentally severely burned her head and arms on the very first cake she baked.. Luckily; her apron wasn't burned, though
Tammy turned back to being her professional self and brought WeirdosIsEverywhere coffee, the cake, and a smile. She wondered whether she would have to adapt the menu to what she was serving today. She had no clue why, but she had made a special cake for today..

As she returned to the counter, Stiletto entered, asking for some brownies and a coffee. Tammy happily brought him the order and smiled as she placed it in front of him.

An ashtray..? The coincidence! Tammy smiled and hopped off; quickly returning to bring her cake and put it right in front of Stiletto.

How weird is that, sir?
She smiled and turned around, walking back to her bakery counter to see BigBoy entering. He was cute, calling her Rita. Not thinking much into why he did, Tammy wrapped up a rather oversized cut of the cake and smiled as she handed it to him.

Enjoy!

Report Post Tip

Nikki thoroughly enjoyed her previous visit to the bakery so she decided to pop in again and see how her good friend, Tammy, was doing. She didn’t get to have her mango juices last time so hopefully... this time would be different? She approached the front counter and smiled up at Tammy. Quickly realizing that there was a long line behind her, Nikki tried to hurry it up.

“Tam tam, how is the mango exports going? Would I have the pleasure of being supplied a mango juice today? You’re the only person I trust to make the best juices,” she smiled sheepishly before taking out her wallet, ready to pull out some cash.  

Report Post Tip

Tammy didn't like disappointing people, but she was rather good at it.. She smiled at the wonderful NikkiOsavkovska as she again asked for something she didn't have yet..

I am so sorry, Nikki, but the newly emerged Mexican Petrol Company apparently sent an abysmal quality.. I wouldn't call them poisioned, because well... Look at Charlie__Pavanno still being alive, but they have been contaminated at the very least.. I mean, look at Charlie__Pavanno..

Smiling at @NikkiOsavkovska, she asked

You feel I should adapt my menu to what I actually sell?

Report Post Tip

Nikki missed Tammy. She wished that she could have given her a hug but it was already too late and now Tammy was up in heaven, having an eternal vacation. As Nikki walked into the bakery shop, she was reminded of her humour and kindness. Such a sweet girl, she was.

There didn’t seem to be any point in staying for much longer. The place just felt dull and different without her here. One last time, Nikki decided to ask one of the workers if they had mango juice on their menu. Nikki had hopeful eyes. She bet the mango juice would taste delicious.     

Report Post Tip

Didnt follow up when our superb Tammy went away on vacation, shes missed really greatly though and thanks to that he goes in and buys 2 big cake that were left and then pays up and walks out in sadness over not seeing this wonderful cake-baker for some time from now on.

Report Post Tip

Oblivion made his way through 12th Street in Detroit, a long night of drinking behind him, yet likely looking down the barrel for him as well, when he noticed a small Bakery, thinking that it could house his perfect hangover cure he made his way in.

Looking around, he was quite impressed with the looks of the place, not to mention the smell. Fresh brownies are an astounding scent to the hungover person, or so I've heard. He made his way to the counter to place an order.

Good morning, may I have a coffee, black, and a brownie please?

He smiled to the lady at the counter, and handed her some funds in exchange. When he had coffee in hand, he took a sip and tipped his hat to her before making his way back out to begin his daily activities, or drink, whichever came first.

Report Post Tip

Nikki went out to have lunch with a friend at the most popular bakery in Detroit. She was never disappointed when coming here so it was a no-brainer when Racheal asked her where would be good to eat. While they both were walking along the streets, Racheal was telling Nikki a funny experience. Nikki laughed  - not that much of a laugh though because she was too busy admiring the baked pastries in the display case. "Come on, let's order already before our tummies explode," Nikki turned to her as she giggled. 

Walking inside, they're greeted by the delicious smell of coffee and freshly baked goods. Someone comes to welcome and lead them to a table for two. "Ready to order, ladies?" The smiley waiter towered over them with a notepad in hand and a pen in the other. 

Report Post Tip

Aleks wanted something sweet and he decided to go to Tammy's. It was well known spot and always crowdy. He entered the spot and took a seat. Pretty waitress came and he ordered himself a cup of coffee with some milk and sugar and two slices of blueberry cheesecake. While they made his order he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighted one up. Got his order and it was delicious as always. He thanked the waitress and gave her a little tip. He sat there and enjoyed himself. Read some newspapers. When finished he paid for his breakfast, thanked Tammy and walked back home.

Report Post Tip

Last night finding a decent hotel once they had landed in Detroit was an adventure.  The spur of the moment business trip had the Vitalis traveling a bit far from their home on the West coast.  Sofia’s exchange with the concierge a half hour ago had been a struggle just to find out a bit of information on the local scene in the Motor City.  Her outraged tone at the idiocy of the concierge left Sofia conversing in her native tongue when ClaudioVitali had approached the courtesy desk. All she wanted was a little something sweet to begin her day, and Sofia enjoyed exploring the different cities her Husband and she traveled to for business.

“Sei completamente incompetente nel tuo lavoro. Voglio solo sapere dove io e mio marito possiamo prendere un caffè e ciambelle o qualcosa del genere.”

Once Sofia felt a firm hand on her upper arm, she turned her attention to her Husband.  The soft sigh told Him of her frustration, as well as the impatient strumming of her fingers atop the counter.

“Sto cercando di trovare un posto dove prendere una tazza di caffè, un negozio di ciambelle o qualcosa di veramente a questo punto, amore mio ... ma questo idiota..”

Hazel eyes filled with irritation glanced over towards the concierge then back to her Husband as Sofia continued talking, frustration lacing her syllable.

“..funziona qui e non può dare indicazioni semplici o rispondere alla mia domanda.”

She knew Claudio needed to get something for breakfast as soon as possible because they had a lead on a snitch that needed to be handled with finesse- preferably the end of Claudio’s 1911a.  Sofia was fully aware of the business deal regarding Callahan was still being negotiated back in Seattle, yet Old Man Walton got wind authorities closing in on one of his businesses. Hurting the whiskey supply for the Black Oak Ranch was not something JohnWalton would allow to happen, so he urged Claudio to track down the snitch who was feeding the cops the information on the dates, times, and shipments.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $27,000 Tip

The Motor City had always been a favored stop of Claudio’s. The city was always vibrant with life even with such harsh temperatures. Drugs reigned supreme in Detroit, but this wasn’t a leisure trip. Old Man Walton had bought and paid for over half the police force in Seattle, so why were his shipments being detained on the regular as of late? Horace Boman. The slimy wretch was no more than hired hand to move crates. 

Some of the boys over at the Seattle Police Department had put a little pressure on Horace. He popped before they ever touched him and began spewing forth all the details to give the Godfather Chairmen a severe ache in his pocketbook. Horace may have been a coward, but he wasn’t a complete idiot. He’d high tailed it out of the Emerald City as fast as the cops let their hands off of him. John Walton’s paid patrolmen were eager to give up the details of his getaway destination. They knew the Godfather would pay a hefty sum for such information. Claudio was happy to fatten their wallets.

The trip had been very sudden, but SofiaVitali didn’t make a fuss as they rushed out of town. The Vitalis viewed their business trips as little getaways. It had been a late night. They didn’t get a lot of sleep, and the obviously intimidated concierge wasn’t getting the point. At least, there may have been a concierge there, but Claudio couldn’t help but get lost in Sofia’s fiery display. Signore Vitali would never tire of hearing his wife filled with passion and spouting off in Italian flourishes. 

“Facile adesso, rossa.” He said with a hand now firmly on her back. He smiled down at his wife as she rested her head against his chest.

“Is there a bakery near here, signore.?” The man stared over at Claudio and audibly gulped before giving them directions to Tammy’s Bakery.

The inside smelled better than the promises wafted down the street. Claudio looked over at Sofia with a mischievous grin. This was not exactly what breakfast should be, he could tell already. 

“Non lasceremo cheesecake. Sarebbe peccaminoso.” He promised his wife the moment he read over the menu. They had a busy day ahead of them, so the Sicialian stepped forward and ordered for them. 

“Two slices of blueberry cheesecake and two coffees to go, grazie.” Claudio looked over at Sofia. He was worried they wouldn’t have the mango juice due to their signage. She would probably prefer it. Claudio laid down a one on the counter. 

“Make that a coffee and a mango juice. Keep the change.” 

Once their order was prepared the Vitali’s slipped back out into the Motor City.  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $47,027 Tip

Minutes of scouring the various coffee shops and bakeries had borne fruit!  Chuck had found the perfect source for his lumpy Dutch custard.  The quiet, infrequently visited premises on 12th Street were quite unassuming but everyone Chuckster spoke to seemed to rave about the lumpy custard coming out of the kitchen.

The only person who didn’t seem to appreciate it was a woman Chuck had noticed around Seattle.  Charlotte walked slowly past holding a placard:

Custard’s Worse Than Mustard!  Ban Custard Now!

Sir Charles wandered over for a chat.

“What’s wrong with custard?  I can’t see how you can’t like it.  Each to their own and all that but I’m intrigued.”

“It’s devil soup.”

Chuck laughed.

“Devil soup??  I mean, that’s a bit of a stretch is it not?  Cauliflower soup or broccoli and stilton soup that smells of feet, that would be the devil’s soup but not custard!”

Charlotte harrumphed.

“The stuff should be banned, not just because of the awful taste but the smell as well.  I am going to petition that Seattle is the first city in the country to ban custard.”

“What about freedom to eat custard?  I think it’s enshrined in the constitution?”

“Well I’ll take the fight to congress!  Pour custard over my senator to make my point if I must!  Now leave me to carry on my protest!”

Chuck left to his ears ringing with custard being worse than mustard.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Tammy's 12th Street Bakery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL