Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:18:53
Page:  1 
Blood, Sweat and Moonshine Pt.1 Started by: Lobo on Jan 30, '11 02:42

It was his first major assignment and while he was flattered Lobo felt the pressure, he needed to do this thing right even if it damn near kills him.

Apparently, at the boss's meeting he attended earlier that day, a plan was formed. The plan was to double the profit from a grain alcohol smuggling operation and it was quite simple actually. Cut out the middle man between them and the actual manufacturers. They had the needed manpower and infrastructure which made the union a waste of money.
Of course, it was assumed they wouldn't take this news kindly, so a team was assembled to make sure term "cutting out the middle man" gets it's rather literal interpretation.

However, that was not Lobo's job. He needed to contact manufacturers and set up further business arrangements and he was given a significant amount of cash to make that happen. So, to say the least, he might have been a bit stressed while he was sitting in Timothy's family bar downing his third whiskey while waiting on his flight. Timothy waved to one of the waiters to take over the bar and took a seat next to his younger crew mate.

You look like you're going to the funeral not the business deal.

Lobo sighed.

Man, the boss honored me with such an important job I can't fail no matter what. Besides, I'm carrying a suitcase packed with cash. Hell! I would be the first one to be targeted by someone. Running around with all this money.

Timothy smiled and patted Lobos shoulder.

Well going wired like that is not gonna help, cool your head man. When you get to the location, assess the situation first then act. If you use that gray matter you got between your ears you'll be just fine. Here, take this. Timothy reached inside his suit pocket and pulled out a silver flask. He handed it to Lobo.

That's the last of that special vodka you like so much, last until the next shipment that is. Remember! I want that flask back. So don't go getting yourself killed.

Finally, some tension left Lobos shoulder and he smiled at the taller man.

Well, I would hate to put you through such an inconvenience.

Both man laughed and shook hands.

I better get going.

Lobo nodded to Timothy one last time and exited the bar. Less then half an hour after he left, he was on a plane to New Orleans where he arranged few things in advance. Sure enough, as he exited the airport, he saw SINGER with a huge grin on his face waiting in front of a car.

Look what the cat dragged in! I swear Lobo you just get uglier every time I see you.

Lobo returned the grin.

Occupational hazard brother, what can I say?

Two men hugged then shook hands.

Been a while SINGER, how long? Since that bank job we pulled few months back?

SINGER scratched his head while walking to the driver side

Yeah, sounds about right. Hop in.

Some half an hour later they turned in to a small, almost hidden alley where another car waited. SINGER turned off the engine of his car and pulled another set of keys from the pocket. He handed them to Lobo.

That's the car you were asking for, tank is full and you have two full jerry cans in the trunk just in case. As for the rest… SINGER reached to the backseat and grabbed the bag that was sitting there and tossed it into Lobos lap.
Sawed off double barrel shotgun with pack of shells and Tommy gun with two extra clips. You have your guns? Instead of an answer, Lobo opened his suit revealing two custom Tokarev pistols secured in holsters together, with an extra clip for each.

Lobo shook SINGERS hand one more time

Thank you. I owe you big time.

SINGER smiled and waved his hand

Think nothing of it. Not like you asked for something hard to obtain. He turned toward Lobo as he exited the car. Hey brother! Lobo turned around. Be careful!That's one rough bunch you're going to meet out there. Don't lower your guard for a second.

Lobo smiled.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.

He watched as SINGERS car slowly disappeared from the alley. He then entered other car and pulled out a crumpled map from his pocket. Finding his destination, Lobo realized he had a 150 mile drive ahead of him to, what appeared to be, the middle of nowhere.

Well, better get going then. He muttered to himself as he started the engine and stepped on the gas pedal.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blood, Sweat and Moonshine Pt.1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL