Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:57:40
Page:  1 
Infinite Visionz Started by: Zavia on Sep 15, '19 18:44

Infinite Visionz

3627 W Vernor Hwy

Detroit, MI 48216

Zavi was checking over her growing portfolio, some of her new investments will help her to constantly generate a steady flow of income.  There were 30 houses part of this particular deal of all different sizes from one to two-story single brick family houses in the westside of Detroit.  She slid that particular portfolio over to Hakim to manage. It was something she knew he could handle putting the right folks in place plus he had a special construction crew that could keep up repairs and stuff. She simply called it Inner City Dreams-Westside. Hakim was delighted to hear Zavi was investing more in the neighborhood to help it flourish if anybody could do that it was her.

Zavi was feeling good she knew she had to pace herself, this reminded her when she first started off.  Indica called back, she had good news and bad news. What Zavi was seeking originally was going to take her some more time on, she knew Zavi was not one to rush and wanted things to be right so she tells her about two locations in Detroit as she was describing them Zavi could immediately see the potential and jumps on them.

The first spot was a one-story office building on 3627 W Vernor Hwy located in Detroit, MI 48216. The building itself features 5,850 SF of office space, conference rooms, kitchenette areas, off-street parking spaces, and security system. The was the perfect spot for Infinite Visions starting headquarters as it grew the location would expand. It was simple but spacious and taking care of.

Next location was at 3333 Michigan Ave and use to belong to a printing company it was a three-story warehouse in good shape. Plus, as part of deal lots adjacent 3337 and 3341 Michigan come along with it.

Zavi is happy with the setup. She asks Indica to start hiring some staff for her. There is a knock on her hone office door, Cassia comes in with a few large envelopes with deeds, keys, etc.  Zavi hangs up to look things over before venturing out to the locations. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

On her way to check out the new office and warehouse for Infinite Visionz, Zavi picks up Hakim along the way. The two are cruising through the different neighborhoods.

“Well right now, should be a good first wave, I am not sure if I am going to be too hands-on with Lucky’s, it doing good.  I have few other locations but until they get worked on more, I keep hush but if you know some folks who want to do some clean up only, I put them on these particular location”

“I do, Zavi, folks are hungry to do better, the economy has been pretty garbage for a while”

Zavi nods as she keeps her eye on the road

“Are still on the lookout for a recycling center, Zavi?”

“Yeah, that will finish up the setup tied to Infinite Publishing, after that it media time which is more indie based, I will be on the lookout for homegrown talent”

Pulls in the parking lot of Infinite Visionz, Zavi cuts off the car and gets out with Hakim, the two look around the outside first.

“I like it, first on a corner lot with steady traffic flowing in front of it. So instant advertisement for free. The building is very clean looking to be dated”

Hakim agrees as the two head inside the building to tour it.

Report Post Tip

After touring the office, the two was sitting outside on some steps watching the sun about to go down. Hakim was smoking on a blunt but Zavi was not bother one bit.

“You sure you don’t wanna hit, Zavi?”

Zavi shakes her head. “No thanks”

Hakim takes another hit before speaking. “One thing I admire about you is you never got into drugs, even though you can drink your ass off though”

The two bust out in laughter

“I am an organic version of Mary Jane so there forth, a natural high on a regular basis.  As for drinking, I plead the fifth”

“Well your adventures are safe with me”

Hakim winks playfully, he considers Zavi as his baby sister as well

“Thank you”

Zavi is interrupted by a couple of horns honking, she waves at the passing drivers who she knew

“See you still get so much, love “

“Hmmm, I believe it because I am just me, I been through so much I can relate, can never forget where I came from.  I am a people person. I don’t see myself better than others, I can see the good in others”

Zavi tummy started to growl.

“Well, time to get something to eat. I am in the mood for some BBQ”

Zavi and Hakim both get up. He put out his blunt and gesture for Zavi keys as the two-start walking toward the car, she hands them to him

“I am going to take you to Detroit Soul, it is new, I think you will love it”

“Sweet”

Report Post Tip

Over a week later, Zavi office

Zavi was sitting in her office that was smaller than average. It had the simplest of furnishing, no sofa, wet bar or bathroom, a few chairs for visitors and file cabinets. There was a knock on the door, Zavi calls out to come in, it was Rebecca with a few files and a cup of coffee for her. Zavi motions for her to come in. Rebecca sits the coffee and files on Zavi desk which was loaded with paperwork, Zavi was engrossed in looking at the properties that would be working on reviving. She thanks Rebecca and ask her to get ahold of Mayor Murphy for her down in city hall concerning special permits and paperwork that she needed to start getting certain buildings up to par.

Mayor Murphy was close to her Big Mama aka Eloise Coleman. His mom and Big Mama were close and she uses to look after him when he was a lad. Many were hurt when she passes, she was always about doing better no matter what background you came from.

Zavi was on Mayor Murphy’s unemployment committee and labor and social service organization too.

Zavi had the following properties she won at an auction she attended this morning; she would continue to maneuver funds. She didn’t have a bunch of funds like some would think she was just good at working with what she had.

Redevelopment Project is what she had going and was off to a good start.

On Kercheval St, the property uses to be a Lumber company that went out of business due to depression. Zavi figures that could be steady employment for the 100,000 plus individual that was unemployed.

On W Columbia St the property was a three-story, sixteen room motel that needed some serious work. That was another property that could offer steady employment for the jobless.

A lot of the unemployed was homeless as well and so welfare help was hard to find so another property, she ended up with was a two-story apartment building which was in good shape with ten, two-bedroom apartments and one three-bedroom one, it was on Chrysler making it easy to get downtown.

Another building on Trumbull which was only 5 units and three stories would be used to help out the homeless as well.

There were forty units on Weaver street, the condition was horrible but worth the investment especially since giving folks a roof over their head

It made her very sad when Mayor Murphy came to her about the growing epidemic in Detroit. She couldn’t idly sit by and not do nothing. So now she was heading up different committees and organizations for the time being her Media Group was on the backburner.

Her phone ring it is Mayor Murphy on the line, Zavi starts to discuss the properties and other issues.

Report Post Tip

“Well Mayor, I am all about substance and giving folks a helping hand because we all get down.  There was a time I was homeless and unemployed here in The D.”

Zavi giggles as she takes a sip of her coffee

“People tend to misunderstand; I am rich even with nothing because being rich isn’t a materialistic thing.  I learn hands-on and in the streets, I don’t really have a formal education

Zavi starts to straighten up her desk.

“I can relate so I guess that is part of my purpose Big Mama left me her ranch.  Now the ranch is nice, she worked on it for over 10 years. To the outsider, it would look like I am flaunting wealth but not the case. Like only jewelry, I have for instance is my tourmaline necklace and ring. The other pieces of jewelry belong to Big Mama like her mother ring and it is in safe “

Zavi nods and looks at the picture she had up of an elderly woman who looked to be in her late 40s, she was smiling. There was a natural shine to her and she was actually over 70 in the picture.

“The more I give, the more that comes back to me is humbling. But I understand you must go; I enjoy talking to you too.”

Zavi hangs up and continues to straighten her desk out.

Report Post Tip

A few days later

It was early in the morning and Zavi was sitting in her office drinking coffee as she went through her messages from the last day or so. She was supposed to be resting and taking a break for a few days while Robin helped her get back important documents and stuff that was stolen during a burglary that should have never occurred in the first place. 

She was thankful it was not too bad just yet.  When she was about to leave from The Java Shack, she notices another envelope on her windshield, opening it up, was more money.

Jolting down the necessary notes, Zavi gets up and leaves, she makes sure to leave everything the way she found it. So nobody would know she popped in.

On her way home, she made a point to help some of the elderly, handicap and those with kids to find some lodging for a while.

Zavi made a point to pay for room and board for a month.  A large number of motels around the area who could use the business, jumps on board, offering Zavi discounts due to who she was and a large number of rooms she was at a time.

Those that were helped was super appreciative. It made Zavi feel good as she finally made her way home.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Infinite Visionz
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL