Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:35:31
Page:  1 
Teamwork Surely not. Started by: PrinceofCheese on Feb 11, '08 16:50
POC walks out onto the mainstreet again, cape flowing, an aura of composure surrounded his every step

So C fucking P eh?

Where did those coffee shop lurking cunts come from? Surely they are tyrants stealing our way of life, murderous Mafioso with destruction and power on their minds, they hate us, we hate them...

Must

Rebel

ASAP

Really? Well that would be cool, please do. However, before you unleash your bazookas and I'm forced to squat over your dead body repeatedly let's please just have a logical discussion.

Was I involved in the removal of the Axe version of the Badass organization? Yes.

Were there a number of CP associates playing leading roles in the war? Yes.

Did I auth a couple of my friends who hand in hand played key parts in the war? Yes.

So, therefore, we must all be akin to African warlords? No (Yes for Altitude)

I don't understand...why it is that many people find it strange that friends go to war together? I mean think about it this way, if you were a crewleader and all the other crewleaders, who actually hated each other with a vengeance, joined together to kill you, would that not be the ultimate popularity insult really? Surely no one is that bad? (Read: No one but Antonio?)

I didn't like JohnnyAxe's style of leadership, I didn't like the way he threw his power around and shot members of other families or how he gave us captains who were about as useful as 1 legged horses at the races. My friends agreed, we took him and his friends down. Why his friends too? Well they probably would have tried to kill us back wouldn't they? Best we make them await at least a couple of weeks before we deal with an uprising even though I do love a good midnight rebellion on my Saturday night.

This all seems frighteningly rational to me. I am of course more likely to work better with the Mafioso I know, the Mafioso I know I can trust, the Mafioso I know will have my back when issues arise. This does not mean I have no interest in creating profitable businesses with cities owned by "non CP" leaders, not at fucking all, I love profit and I dearly hope they give me some good ideas to make more.

But pause you must as if you research the ranks of the CP bloodlines you would find that most of them are pretty fucking accomplished, admittedly a couple of them are fucking useless, but that's all in the charm of a team eh? I'm looking to make this world a better place, I want to further invigorate the streets, I want to infuse respect and hour throughout the actions of all and I want to create unique scenarios between thriving cities. If you want to base your existence around spiteful vengeance and unnecessary abuse then so be it but I'll be busy leading and making changes so that this world of ours makes the strides forward that it must outside of godly intervention. I believe that all the leadership including any CP associates I might have also want this but the one key thing I believe is that the CP leaders we have now are more capable of providing the impetus for success than the dead Mafioso ever could.

Could you get to the top by yourself, no help from anyone, no friends, no favours, no nothing? I very much doubt it, In fact I'm going to say it's impossible. So before you embrace the very fashionable CP bashing, think carefully and ask yourself:

Would you go to war, enemies side by side then as the victory appears complete auth your enemies and give them all your money?

If the answer to that is yes, then you probably aren't very good at this criminal life and professional suicide lessons might be a lot more up your avenue.

POC
Report Post Tip
Let's say though, my cheesy hero, that this was a power grab by CP and nothing more. Would that really be so bad? There is always a dominant force in our thing, and personally, I'd rather that dominant force be a collection of people who are fairly adjusted Mobsters with a great desire to better themselves and our thing as opposed to total autocracy many times in the past.

That being said, there are currently 3 CP-affiliated families and 3 non CP-affiliated families, so even in the midst of a CP takedown, and I can't see how standard interpretation of this fact is that CP are well in control.

Regardless, big fat kudos on coming to the streets and addressing a relevant issue, it's a skill far too many lack. Mind you, this whole speech could prove to be unnecessary if the CP related garments win over the masses. That would be quite a major coup.
Report Post Tip
I should have said "..As opposed to total autocracy we have seen many times in the past." there, fyi.

I like ellipsis, it is great.
Report Post Tip
Either way, you saw an opening and grabbed opportunity by the balls. Like anyone else would do. My great grandfather organized similar exploits, he brought friends together with a common goal and saw that the goal was seen through.

You did what anyone other mafioso would do. People need to man up, get over their daddy's death and shape their own fates instead of slagging you for the success you've made for yourself.
Report Post Tip
It is simply impossible to get to the top on your own, our whole way of life is centred on the relationships you build along the way. If we're honest, it's centred on the relationships built up over several generations most of the time. It stands to reason that any group that holds within it some real talent will rise to the top sooner or later. Anyone who can't see the talent within CP should probably re-evaluate what they consider as talent.

Now they are at the top. Well done to them. Why anyone is remotely surprised that the first people authorised to set up HQs of their own are the friends that helped them get where they are? Really?

Now, they are the top dogs. There is a reasonable chance that there's some group formed within badass that will object to Johnny's demise, if so, I can't see them accomplishing more than a few annoying rogues - taking on three strong CLs (okay, two and an African) just isn't on the cards for a minority group.

There will also be that element of our society that simply dislikes whoever is on top at any given moment - again, nothing more substantial than a few rogues a month from that group either.

Before the accusations of ass-kissing my boss appear, let me remind you of a few things... CP was established with the sole aim of taking out my Great (etc) grandpa. There was a while that my family didn't rate any leader good enough for him to work for, so they simply stayed unsponsored and died a lot... and yet, here I am, happily working for a CP family.

Finally. POC is holding me back. I hate him. I hate CP. Let's kill them all.

.... or not.
Report Post Tip
The CP will have their enemies as every regime has had enemies be it an autocratic dominant force or an oligarchic one. As is natural in our world those without power will seek to take it from those who have, and those who have it will seek to protect it, this is the way of life. Because our world is what it is the CP and destined to draw criticism from their actions but in my personal opinion issue should not be taken with the affiliation of the CP but rather with how they manage to operate now that they have a greater measure of control and I have yet to see any fault in how they run things.
Report Post Tip
There have always been coffee shop alliances in power since time began. It's just the way things are. Some stay hidden and secret, trying to avoid dissent on the streets and moves against them. Kudos to CP for getting it out there in the open and attempting to explain their motivations. If people aren't happy with the arrangements, everything is visible for them to do something about it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Teamwork Surely not.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL