Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:00:04
Page:  1 
New Orleans Started by: TheCaptain on Feb 12, '08 07:27
The Captain walks out of his HQ, a changed man. Much has happened in the past few days, and he walks the street without the usual cocky swagger. He takes a long walk, thinking about all of the recent events. This war took many friends from him. Keats...Tango...Jordan...Johnny...Peri...he stops in his tracks at the thought of her. Tears begin forming in his eyes. He shakes his head and continues walking. "Today isn't the day to embrace the sorrow." he thinks to himself. "Today is the day to make the announcement I've put off for far too long."

He finally makes his way to his usual street corner, and stands atop somebody's car so he can be seen and heard by all. He looks around at the crowd beginning to form around him, eyes still watery, but the cocky smirk returning to his face. He regains the composure typical of The Captain and, brimming with the confidence he rarely lets slip, begins his speech to his adoring masses.

Gentlemen...and especially you ladies...The Captain says with a winkit is time to address you...The Captain's adoring fans, for the first time in far too long. The Captain has an announcement to make. One that most of you probably know about already, but to be honest The Captain loves hearing himself talk, and he knows you love it too, so he'll make the announcement anyway. About a week or so ago, it was decided that The Captain would be moved to New Orleans, to take it as his own city. While The Captain was preparing his speech, war broke out and he didn't have the time to finish it. Since then he's been keeping his Crew under control, and mourning.

The time for mourning has come to an end, and so does The Captain's absence from the Streets. Its time to move on, and look towards the future. A future The Captain thinks will be a happy one. Finally The Captain gets to preside over his own city. Do you realize how much this feeds The Captain's ego? Total fucking power trip.

But anyway, the point is...The Big Easy, strangely enough also The Captain's nickname, is now in the hands of the New Blood Rising. New Orleans is considered by many to be a "lesser" city. The store clerks and poor old ladies hold far less cash on them than the clerks and old ladies of other cities. That, and the business district is next to dead, as are most of the owners of the businesses there.

Still, The Captain sees great potential in this city. The Business District is a clean slate, that The Captain can mold to his liking. He wants the New Orleans BD to be an example of what every BD should be, and soon he will take steps towards putting it in that direction.

We've all lost somebody close to us in this war. Whether it be a Father, a Mother, a brother, a sister, or that special person, we have all felt the sting of that loss, some more than others. Its time for all of us to put that in the past. The Captain hoped that he was gonna be able to make the move to New Orleans in time for Mardi Gras. That didn't happen, but from now on New Orleans is gonna be one big party allllllll the time! Mardi Gras twenty-four/seven.

The Captain leaves you with this...let the party begin!

The Captain jumps down off of the car, and heads back to his new HQ, shaking people's hands, and embracing the women in hugs on his way. He still has work to attend to before he can join the party.
Report Post Tip
Tatiana listens to TheCaptain and fanning herself, watches him walk away, then turning to the girl next to her says

You know, my Boss is super and has my undying loyalty but man I think I might have to spend some time in NO just to look at that erm.. TheCaptain!
Report Post Tip
Listening intently Rocco nods in approval before shaking the man's hand in a friendly manner

"Signore being as my father first arrived in New Orleans I wish you the very best with the city, I hope to visit it more often"
Report Post Tip
Daiye ignores The Captain the entire time. He is to focused on his split ends and huge pores, not to mention his terrible hair line.

Huh? Wha? Did you do something extraordinary? I think not. This is everything I expect of such a great man. If you don't start turning more heads soon I am going to start losing my faith in you. I've seen you do much more then this, so show everyone else.

You promise a great Business District, then I will keep a close eye. I in fact may want to try to set something up myself, where should I start? Would you like me to come to your office or talk to someone who is in charge?

It is easy to say you will do something or make it a certain way, well I want something more concrete. Don't just tell us, show us.

Daiye sits down, he looks as if he expects something terrible to happen.
Report Post Tip
Sadly, the Bayou was empty this year at the time of Fat Tuesday. Will we be having a large welcoming party for The Captain to make up for it?

runs off to get the beer 'n wimmins
Report Post Tip
The Captain knows this Daiye. This is why he said he will be taking steps in that direction soon. Its not an overnight process man! Stop tryin' to steal The Captain's spotlight with your split-ends!

And SpiderPig, yes we will. Like I said the party starts right now...or at least when The Captain gets a respectable BD up and running.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL