Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:39
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Referrals and Going Incog Started by: William_Pratt on Oct 04, '19 15:59

Soooo, I've been playing this game quite a while. In all that time I've invited quite a few people to play, using my referral link, still fire it up on facebook from time to time. Some people have even used it, but only one of them still plays.

The problem is, as soon as he signs up, I get a notification, with the exact time he signed up. If he is planning on being incog this character, its impossible, because I know the exact time he signed up. 5-10 minutes work, and I can find out exactly who he is, because i have the exact time, to the second that he signed up, and whilst even in times of war you may have a couple of people signing up in the same minute, the chances of two people signing up at exactly the same second, must be astronomical.

Secondly, I get a bonus for every achievement he completes, but I also get a notification of what he has completed. So for instance, I know how many MIAs, RIAs, BGs, he's killed, what ranks some of them are, how many Rogues he's gunned down, how many JBs he's performed, How many crimes he's completed, what level his felony work is at, and any OCs he's completed. For instance, recently I got this:

Jan 22, 07:22:21 Your referral XXXXX has completed the BG Basher - Dead - Phase 4 - 100x (Final) achievement! You have received some experience

Even if he doesn't want to be incog, I really shouldn't have this information.

So, my suggestions are as follows:

Drop the time from the event of someone using my referral link to sign up, and give it a random delay of up to 1 hour before I get the notification. That way I will have no chance of breaking his initial incog, or at the very least make it a damn sight harder.

Secondly, delete the name of the achievement and the value of the reward from my referrals achievements. So instead of the very specific example above, I get something like this:

Your referral XXXXXX has completed an achievement! You have received your reward

Sure, If I go to bed with no credits and no money on hand, and wake up with a credit and $5,000,000 I know he's just completed the Hardcore Grave Goblin achievement, but its going to be a lot harder for me to work out what he's done and to what level.

Any thoughts?

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $240,000 Tip

That's a very good suggestion. I didn't know any of that was a thing with the referrals. Seems a little passive-invasive to give out that much info. Especially if they are in another crew.

Well written, as well. 👍🏻

Report Post Tip

Very well written I must say, I didn't know about this. I support all your suggestions on this.  

Report Post Tip

This is good. I'm fully in favor of these changes.

Report Post Tip

Had no idea any of that was a thing either.

To think I got my better half to play this game and all these years I could have been getting extra achivement cash and XP! Damn :(

Good suggestion, hope its actioned.

Report Post Tip

This seems like a no brainer. Great suggestion, +1

Report Post Tip

Well put together post and completely agree

+1

Report Post Tip
Pretty well thought out and written, I'm all for this. If I remember right, earlier versions  did have incog, I'm not sure though
Report Post Tip

My memory is fading but I don't think I have used the referrals. I gave the MR site addy.

+1 on this for those that use it though.

Report Post Tip

+1 from me. A great idea. :)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

+1

Report Post Tip

Has this been updated can anyone confirm ?

Report Post Tip

I can confirm that it has not Dougross

Report Post Tip

This seems like a pretty good idea.

+1

Report Post Tip

I also noticed that when your referall starts a new account they get a message saying "(insert name here) wants you to have this" or something along those lines... regardless of what it is in that first mob mail, your account name is being shared with your referall, which is also not really cool if you're incog.

+1 for me, all this should be changed imo

If this hasn't been implemented already, could I suggest that historic gifts get the same kind of anonymity too? Cos naming the giftee kinda busts their incog too:

Mar 19, 14:15:07 XXXXXXXXX has opened your gift of the Petty Proficiency Perk (30 Days).

^ gift was sent some 6 months ago, and whilst I've got no bones with the giftee, it could be used by historic CLs to break current incogs - especially fairly unusual perks, with a rank limit.

Report Post Tip

Nope, not impliamented, still getting perk notifications as regular as clockwork 

Report Post Tip

That should be rectified. However, if the recipient of the gift re-gifts it to someone and they return it, the original giftor does not get a notification. 

Report Post Tip

You can actually gift it to yourself.

Did not know that. Thanks. Now I just need someone to gift things to me in the first place and I'm all set. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Referrals and Going Incog
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL