Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:52
Page:  1 
Made Man Started by: James_Stewart on Feb 12, '08 15:53
James sits in front of the local coffee shop eating some cannoli and drinking an espresso. When something comes to mind that he feels is lacking a bit these days.

He sees a passer by that he has seen at a few underground meetings that James has attended and attempts to stop him.

Excuse me,Sir. I would like to ask your opinion on something that has to do with this thing of ours.

The man nods to James.

Thank you. What is your opinion on the respect given to a Made Man these days? Is it still something respected the way it should or has it totally lost its meaning?

James clears his throat and sips some of his espresso.

To me being a Made Man means nothing to some. Those not yet fully apart of this thing of ours seem to forget what kind of respect they are to show to a Made guy. They go about talking and doing business with them like they are just another goomba on the street. This is not something that would be allowed ten years ago.

Finishing up his drink he continues.

Ten years ago if you disrespected a Made member of any family you were dealt with swiftly either it be death or by paying tribute to this person. I think we have drifted from our ways and need to be knocked by in line so that future mafioso can live longer and keep this thing of ours alive and kicking for years to come. Otherwise the feds will eat us alive.

James sits back down and waits for a response.
Report Post Tip
Blitzioso nods in agreement.

I couldn't agree more. Being Made used to be a cause for celebration and happiness, but most of all respect. Distinction is hard to come by these days, and many see being Made as just another step on the speedy way to the top, rather than a recognition by superiors of foregone hard work and dedication. The sooner we can return to a day where a Made Man commands respect, no matter your unspoken feelings, the better.
Report Post Tip
As a recently "made" man I believe I have a pretty good understanding of the significance and sanctity of the rank. While many members of my family have tried their hand at this way of life, only one of them has ever reached these same heights. Being made is an incredible honor and one which I do not take lightly. I realize that with this honor comes added responsibility. No longer am I some anonymous earner for my boss. Everything I do and say reflects on my Don, who bestowed this honor upon me.

As for the respect issue, I feel that the respect of my Don is reflected by their willingness to present me with this rank. To me, that is all the acknowledgement I need. While the random people I pass on the street may not realize or care about my accomplishments, my family does. This is all that matters to me, the respect and appreciation of my Don and family.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps the reason a Made Man is respected less is because far too many people earn the rank, far too easily, without achieving nothing or dong nothing. This "cheapens" the rank.
Report Post Tip
Who is more qualified to make that call than the person's Don? Just because the public doesn't see the work put in by a particular member of the family does not mean the candidate is unworthy.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Made Man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL