X

May 15 - 10:25:49
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Crew Info Started by: Squishy on Feb 08, '11 04:44

Your kinda straying from the point.

Report Post Tip

I was answering your questions. Thus, I was straying from nothing. I responded to your worry about it not being related to the game via RP in my first two posts.

Report Post Tip

"And, other reasons to join a crew could be that you know someone in it or because they don't memberwhore. Or perhaps because they are a small tight-knit family and you like that."

Just clearly stating why people would join a crew.?

Report Post Tip

"Why would ya join a crew otherwise? Less tax means more money and no interest in the family is ludacris."

I believe it was you that said that, no? I was answering your question.

Report Post Tip

calm down. Its a game its not perfect.

Report Post Tip

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate over a feature HansLanda. That is all that is going on here.

Believe it or not the comments of players are read by coders and admins and suggestions/views are taken into consideration. Although, I do not encourage flaming, I do think that this feature should be debated and is what some would call a hot topic as it does sit on the lines between breaching crew privacy and not overly RP and something the game needs in order to kick some greedy arses.

Report Post Tip

I like it. 

If one person uses it, amongst all the invites that land in his or her personals, to make an informed decision on what crew to join then great. 

Report Post Tip

Having NPMs has little to do with the inability to gather members. It's simply a way to gain extra revenue, and a kill when they run out. This is especially useful for new families.

Reply by: Phreaking_Panda at Feb 08, '11 15:27

Of course you would say NPMs have little to do with the inability to gather members just based on city loyalty, and draw what inferences you please from that.

As we all know if City X had leaders everyone liked then they would not have to resort to purchasing NPMs to fill their crew to give the illusion people want to join them. Yes it does generate revenue but are you going to turn around and say an actual player could not generate double that revenue? Yes it's a free kill but are you telling me that one couldn't just buy a MIA which is also a free kill and correct me if I'm wrong but is purchasing a MIA not cheaping than a NPM? And is not getting actual players not cheaper than NPMs.

So yes I think adding how many NPMs in a crew is useful for people who are looking for crews. They could look at the taxes and be like oh they're low so why does he need so many NPMs compared to Crew A who has barely any? Then it comes down to what kind of person the CL is as well. Which is undoubtedly important.

Report Post Tip

"[Crew Bio Goes Here (to be coded soon)]"

If with the above you mean that the leader can add any type of info about their family that might be important for a player to know, like what the family stands for, who to ask for an invite, etc etc.. That would be a great addition, because the leaders will sooner or later depend on their Made's or above to do the recruitment for them, and not like in the old days where it all depended on the CL and RH to do all of it by speaking to each recruit.

When it comes to the taxes however, I'm not very fond of it, it can and I think will be misleading, taxes shouldn't determine who anyone should or shouldn't join, you could have the lowest taxes and the leader might still be a douche, and you wouldn't know until you join and by then you'll most likely be a target for wanting to leave due to having been mislead, and the taxes don't say whether your pockets will get raped in mandatory donations or not. And it's not like each sponsor will tell their new recruit "Oh yeah, the boss is a total retard and takes all my money, still want to join?"... lol.

I do love the whole idea of showing people information that is vital to their choice of family, but I think the IRC room, how many members and how many Made+ out of those members, and whatever information the leader deems important to add to the Bio thing should be enough. And possibly how many NPM's said leader has out of those members also as suggested somewhere in different posts, would be good enough to help a player make his or her decision, possibly with the ability to turn on or off the whole NPM thing in case the leader doesn't want to show that information.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Crew Info
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL