Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:55:24
Page:  1 
StoneApes take on "MAFIA" Started by: StoneApe on Feb 13, '08 04:15
The big Hairy guy pulls out the corner soapbox and clears his throat eerrrhuenm....then begins

Mafia:

That is what we called ourselfs, what we were though was a loose association of criminal groups. Sometimes we were bound by a blood oath and sworn to secrecy. We first developed ourselfs in Sicily in feudal times to protect the estates of absent landlords. By the 19th century we had become a network of criminal bands that dominated the Silcilian countryside. We were bound by Omerta, a ridgid code of conduct that included avoiding all contact and cooperation with the authorities. We had neither a centralized organization nor a hierarchy. We consisted of many small groups, each autonomus within its own district. By employing terroristic methods against the peasant electorate we attained political office in several communities, thus acquiring influence with the police and obtaining legal access to weapons.

Beginning in the late 19th century, some of us immigrated to the United States. We soon became entrenched in American organized crime, especially in the 1920's during prohibition. After the repeal of prohibitionin 1933 that ended most of the bootlegging. We soon moved into other areas, such as gambling, labor racketeering, prostitution, and, in the most resent of years, Narcotics. Links to the Italian families were also maintained and it is here where our world has grown from.
Report Post Tip
Shhh! We wouldn't want the world knowing our secrets!

Marco glances around and smiles.

Ahhh fuck'em.

It's good to see how we've developed with the times though, I do enjoy the odd flashback to the early days of the Mafia. It pleases me to see how we've advanced :)
Report Post Tip
Sir I am only letting a few of our new people aware of the history of our fine cities.

The coppers were not invited to this meeting (Looks around through the crowd)
Report Post Tip
History lessons are always fun. Especially when they are about our past and the organization we serve with our lives.

Sevenfold takes a look around...then looks at Marco...

You sure the cops weren't invited? That Marco character looks pretty fishy...

Glares at Marco.
Report Post Tip
Maybe someone should walk him down a dark alley :/

eerr......I mean take him to the fish market for lunch
Report Post Tip
I would be glad to.

Sevenfold walks over to Marco.

Hey bro wanna go get some lunch?
Report Post Tip
I always used to hate history lessons in school, but this has certainly brightens things up! Maybe they were trying to teach us the dull stuff and missed out the interesting stuff.

Big round of APE-plause =D
Report Post Tip
Ape, after the applause steps down from the box and walks down the alley from where he came.
Report Post Tip
Yes it is always good sir to remind of of where we came from
Report Post Tip
Waves at Tops

Thanks for the comment sir
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: StoneApes take on "MAFIA"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL