Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:17
Page:  1 
Take A Chance. Started by: Sharpe on Oct 21, '19 21:17

Sharpe walks meaningfully down The Streets he had come to call home. The British Isles seemed a world away. The battlefields of Europe even further.

He smiled as he remembered the day the General had been in such trouble and only he could save him. Drawing his friends sword he thrust and slashed his way through three of them before taking his rifle and making a 100 yard shot many thought impossible. He was promoted from nothing to something that day and the rest, as they say, is history.

He came to the USA a veteran but well off from the treasure recovered from his fallen enemies. Arriving on these shores he thought he had enough to make it by. He was wrong. Soon he was back to being cold, wet and dirty on the streets. That was until Odin took him in and gave him a chance. Another chance. He learnt much from him before being forced to move to phillistein- after seeing his Boss ripped apart by bullets.

Then another chance. The council deciding that he was fit to come to Detroit and have his own family. The Company after his old home the 95th rifles. It was like going full circle. Chances taken. Right man, right time. Perhaps it was time he gave something back. Smiling again, a plan forming in his mind, he jumps upon that famous soap box and begins to speak.

In my time I have been given a great number of chances by men better off and much more respected than myself. It is time I gave something back I feel.

The Company have now stood for long enough with no Left Hand. For long enough have I had only the Colonel to share war stories with. It's time to escape the military tales and branch out.

Many people suggest that leadership is a circle. That you are born to it. I say we change that! I say it's time someone is given the responsibility through hard work and endeavor.

I hereby declare the position of Left Hand Man to The Company open for application. What does this mean? It means I want the best. For to become a chosen man, to wear the band, is sacred. Only the best will do to honour the death of my friends who have worn it alongside me.

Sharpe bows his head for a moment before continuing.

The position is open to all of those among you who are Wise Guy and below. You cannot be or have been a hand in your lifetime nor can you have been Made. Do not lie or try to hide it. The truth always outs itself.

You must gain the permission of your current Boss, if applicable, before applying. You can be fresh off the boat or a veteran among the ranks. I will not discriminate. I will judge only on what you present. We have honour in The Company. No buy outs without notifications. We are not disloyal heathens. We are loyal to our leaders to the end. God Save The King!

How do you apply? What does it entail? That is up to you. Impress me. Impress the Colonel. The choice is yours. Do it here in the Streets, in the coffeeshops or in mails. Do it with money. Do it with favour. Fuck. Do it by trampling over the opposition but do it in the right way or the chance will be gone forever. That is all the information you're getting. You shouldn't need anymore.

Holding his hand up for silence once more Sharpe adjusts his deep green tunic and continues

Make no mistake. I have a man waiting in the wings. He is ready to walk by my side again but he agrees the privates of this world deserve a chance and he is too God damn bitter anyway. If there are no applicants for this role then remember this day. Remember it when you say new blood/old tarnished blood never gets a chance. Now is your chance. Grasp it. Take it. Just like I did.

I have had to wait this long to form this idea due to the restrictions I accepted in good faith when first buying my lonely HQ. Now is the time to allow others to share the glory.

Like love at first sight I will know the person when I see them. It could be today, tomorrow or in a week. Any longer than that and I won't be able to resist that old flame waiting in the wings.

Ladies and Gents. Boys and Girls. Don't hesitate. Don't think it over. Jump at it and who knows what the world has in store for us..

I'll be over that hill and far away..

Report Post Tips: 16 / Total: $320,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Take A Chance.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL