Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:32
Page:  1 
Infamy, Infamy, theyve all got it in for me Started by: SunTzu on Feb 13, '08 09:08
*The wizened Chinese man approaches the gathering, looks around, takes a puff of his pipe and opens his mouth in a low, but powerful tone*

Do we as a community always have to have a figure of revilement? Hatred? Disdain or disrespect? To be excited about ourselves do we always have to shout down someone else?

This thought struck me recently as I was reading the cascade of abuse aimed at the, admittedly poor in my personal opinion, editor of the Gazette Mr RileyFreeman. Much of the community was just recovering from assaulting the group commonly known as CP for their takedown of JohnnyAxe and affiliates when they spotted a far bigger figure of revilement to latch on to.

*Puffs softly from his pipe as he lounges back against the wall*

It seems the most ‘famous’, talked about figures in our history would probably better fall under the category of infamous. What does this say about ourselves? To be vocally active do we need to be angrily stirred? Are we so put upon that we must always hate someone else to feel good about us?

Just a few thoughts I have been contemplating, I’d be intrigued to hear what others have to say.
Report Post Tip
Mr Tzu, I couldn't agree more. The streets of late have been lowered down to a poor set of standards if you ask me.

There is a lot of abuse flying around, a lot of negativity and a lot of this is said without a great amount of respect which is odd considering I was told that respect was key to being a good Mafioso. Correct me if I'm wrong about that of course.
Report Post Tip
You aren't wrong Marco, nor is SunTzu. It has been happening for way too long. People cannot do their jobs properly, make a speech, express an opinion of a speech without verbal abuse whether it be in our streets or in our coffeeshops. And the irony is that a lot of the people who act in such a way are the first to cry disrespect to their family by another family's members. Obviously we all get angry and say something once in a while that we may regret later but there are people who do this too frequently to claim it was a case of bad temper over one issue.

Actually - I'd like to issue a challenge to the leaders of our world to start acting on it, if someone should be punished for disrespecting their family via a mugging or other action, then punish them for name calling, insulting etc. in the streets. Frankly,m I'd be surprised to see it happen.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Infamy, Infamy, theyve all got it in for me
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL