Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:21:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Writing Competition: Announcement Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 09, '19 22:56

Destro returns to the street corner.  In his hands he is holding the envelope of contest money he received from CommissarZverev earlier that day.  He sees people are still arguing over this subject on another street corner and decides to speak up.

Gentlemen, may I propose a possible solution?

As it appears some people have taken the time to enter a submission to this contest, it would be a shame for their work to go unrewarded just because the contest was cancelled for reasons beyond anyone's control.  In the spirit of putting this nonsense to rest, what if the judges select a winner as they would have prior to the contest cancellation, and I will give the winner a cut out of my end.  Maybe not the most villainous of actions on my part, but maybe the gesture will bring about closure to some the negativity that people insist on stirring up whenever these contests come about.  

Furthermore, since this seems to be such a bone of contention for everybody, I will have nothing to do in the voting or outcome.  Only the pre-determined judges will select a winner and I will pay out a cut to whichever author is presented to me as the winner out of this very envelope right here.

Or, continue bickering over it.  I'm just trying to be constructive here.

Report Post Tip

Destro, I think that this could work, and work well.  My mind is on other things, just now, such as the multiple contracts on my life.  And I have to attend the funeral of my murdered bodyguard, and visit another one in hospital.

But I think this is a solution.

NotoriousBIG, could you vote for a winner please?  The prize money will be a cut of that which Destro received, and which he is kindly going to share, given my cashflow issues.

Report Post Tip

Ok, am I to just wait forever for a definitive answer on this?  Not for nothing, but I don't really need to be offering up any of my earnings from the contest.  I'm doing this solely as a gesture of good will and would be happy to spend it on myself if there isn't going to be any judge or judges to pick a winner.

Report Post Tip

Hi Destro, I'm arranging for the entrants to be judged as we speak, and an announcement will be made soon.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Writing Competition: Announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL