Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:04:56
Page:  1 
Thanking Dinner Started by: Donnacha_Myrick on Nov 13, '19 01:05

Donna was putting the finishing touches on the meal she had spent all day cooking. She couldn't wait for the guests to arrive. The one thing she loved most about the holidays was getting together with friends and family. Retelling old stories, catching up with everyone and what's new in their lives. It was her favorite time of year. 

Just as she was setting the turkey on the table, she had a flashback to last year. Then she remembered how everything went wrong after dessert. The booze was flowing and her friend had a little too much to drink and started flicking random people in the ear. Some just laughed it off but others were annoyed. This time, before we even start drinking....I will have a talk with Dominic and ask him to refrain from any shenanigans this year.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Dominic arrives at the stately residence of Donna, in his best tuxedo. He is admitted to the dining room, where Donna pulls him over and asks him not to get drunk this time. Dom laughs, "Of course not, whatever you say Donna! Besides, it'd ruin this new tux." Dominic seats himself and waits for the other guests (And more importantly, the food!). He is pretty sure he can see KellyC at the door...

Report Post Tip

KellyC opens the front door and invites herself in.  She is carrying a crate containing half a dozen different bottles of hard alcohol.  She places the wooden crate on the dining table directly in front of Dominic.  She walks up to Donna and greets her with a hug.

"Thank you for having me this year," Kelly said graciously, "I wasn't sure what to bring so I brought a variety of things!"

Kelly goes to the kitchen to grab a lowball glass for herself.  Through the kitchen window, she sees Tiggy's car pull up in the driveway.

Report Post Tip

This was my first year at this party, but I knew I would nail it ... I hope. The past few were ..... complicated.

I saw an old friend Dominic, but knew he would not remember me as I hoped for .... as Donnacha was fixing me a drink, another person, KellyC, just walks in .... which seemed rude to me, seeing as I had the ring the door bell first. But the subtle working of friends was foreign to me, so I decided to watched the workings as they happened.

I was handed my drink, "Thank you." I said and observed the others as they showed up.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

tiggy's vehicle pulls in and comes to an elegant stop along the curbside of Donnacha_Myrick 's residence. tiggy stepped out of the car and took in a breath of fresh air. tiggy could smell the moist aroma of a well roasted turkey, complimented by the thoughts of delicious turkey stuffing that made tiggy salivate at the mouth nearly as much as tiggy would with a plate of bacon wrapped asparagus. Even as tiggy thought about it, the cycle just made tiggy salivate even more, as tiggy grew hungrier and hungrier, ready to pounce for that turkey stuffing like a cheetah to a deer. tiggy knew that once the stuffing was up for grabs, there would be blood.

tiggy grabbed the blue bottle of Nightstar Riesling and cradled it while on approach to the door of Donnacha's residence. tiggy was greeted by the residence's butler as he holds the door open for tiggy. tiggy thanked the butler and provided a substantial tip for his attentiveness and care for detail. "Here you are, my good man, thank you again for the help!" tiggy pulled a note from the right pocket and provided it to the butler,

https://mafiareturns.com/claimcredits.php?code=6ec67b8fd9a2e3a66f4fde98501b7171&amount=2 

tiggy entered and greeted KellyC , Dominic , and Donnacha_Myrick.

"Hello, friends! I have brought a bottle of fine Riesling from Berlin. My gift to you!" tiggy directed at Donnacha, "Thank you for hosting a lovely dinner. You're looking terrific as always!"

"Has anyone else arrived? Have we seen Destro ? I would imagine he is on his way to make a grand appearance."

Report Post Tip

"Did somebody say cookies?" 

The room erupts in laughter as Destro enters the room carrying what?  Yes, you guessed it folks, a plate of cookies.  He gives the cookies to tiggy.  Hilarity ensues.

Destro notices Donnacha_Myrick from afar.  Perhaps she would be impressed by stories of his lucrative illegal arm-wrestling gambling business in the 12th Street DT Business District.  Of course, in order to impress her he would be forced to lie, as his business had yet to turn a dime in profit.

"So Donna, have you heard about my very lucrative illegal arm-wrestling gambling ring?  It's hard to keep up with all the power and wealth it affords me.  I often have trouble deciding what to do with all the money I've made from it."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Sally 'VIPCreditsGrin' Grinbini arrived at the stately home of Donnacha_Myrick, uninvited. He had discussed with CoconutRandy whether this would be an issue, but the Editor-in-chief was certain it would not be. "I am certain it won't be a problem," he had said and that left little room for argument. A short time later, there was Grinbini sliding past the butler and heading into the main room. He didn't know why Randy had insisted that he attend this dinner, to which he was not welcome. He had turned the problem over in his mind, similarly to how CommissarZverev would turn over the prizes in his writing contests, except Grinbini was trying to find a solution rather than screw hot working people out of $18,000,000.

"...besides it would ruin this new tux."  

"You're taking the piss now," he muttered to himself, spotting the faux-tailor, Dominic, bragging about having a new tuxedo. It was well fitted and dazzling to the eye, stitched perfectly to every inch of the man; a real masterpiece. It was obvious that Dominic did not make it.

"Did somebody say cookies?" His head snapped round as the room descended into laughter. The villain, Destro. Grinbini might have known. It would seem he couldn't even sneak into a private party he wasn't invited to without running in to Destro, who, clad as he was in his evil street clothes of a black jacket with garish red cotton inlay, was clearly uninvited also. Perhaps he was not in league with the snake of sewing, Dominic, after all.

Grinbini slid deeper into the shadows, eager to watch the developments at any party where two of his nemesis were present. He also thought tiggy was a bit of a dickhead as well, so it couldn't hurt to see what she was upto either. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
"hot working people" VIPCreditsGrin?
Report Post Tip

Grinbini is still in the shadows at the party within the residence of Donnacha_Myrick and can't hear anything which someone outside of the premises may have said to him unless they came inside to say it. He couldn't hear through walls.

Report Post Tip

"Now now, there are no uninvited guests here!  My home is open to all.  Put your differences aside and lets fellowship together, it is Thanksgiving after all. Be thankful that you are alive and able to celebrate!  Now, with that being said......let's open that bottle of Riesling".

Donna looked around the room at all of the people that were here already, even though a few of them had bitter faces, her heart still felt warm and thankful for all her friends.  She thought of something that would loosen the tension in teh room. Ahhh!  A game....... this will be fun

"Alright folks, while we wait on more guests, we are going to play a game of charades!  Destro you divide everyone into teams please. I am going to go check on the ham and the mac n cheese.'

Report Post Tip

As Sean approached the door, he couldn't help make his mind up about whether he should've bought a date or not.  He'd thought of asking NikkiOsavkovska....but he'd he not heard from her since her night out with Jorge, or whatever his name was.  However, he knew he had to turn up, for his hostess had been so gracious with the invitation.  Hearing a rustle in the shrubs, he could just about make out @VIPCreditsGrin.

"Apparently, Donnacha says everyone is welcome....I guess that includes you!  Come on in, no point freezing your ass off out here...plus you might meet some interesting people!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Dominic is eagerly waiting for the ham and mac n' cheese. He greets his Boss, SeanCallan, as he enters. He says a courtly hello to Grin.

Report Post Tip

Nikki was a little bit disappointed that she couldn't arrive hand in hand with SeanCallan at the dinner. She dressed up so nicely for him! However, when she did arrive - she felt the weight of her worries fade as a small smile started to creep on her lips. "Donnacha_Myrick, babe, you know I wouldn't miss this for the world. Forgive me, I'm a little late!" It seemed as though she had missed out on a little bit of fun. "Charades? Wow, count me in please." She shared a laugh with some of the other guests. After that she decided to take a seat on a vacant chair, her eyes wandering to the familiar faces around her. All jokes aside, she felt extremely thankful for everything that led her to this moment. This one was for the books! 

And her next thought was - who would be the first one to get blacked out drunk? 

Report Post Tip

Enzo looked down at the letter which had the address to Miss Myrick. Noticing a few people already there. Stepping out of the cab and throwing the gentlemen the cash. Pulling his coat tighter as he walked up Detroit was cold this time of year. Thinking he felt out of place as the noticed most of the crime families from Detroit. Pulling the bottle of wine from his coat as he made it to the front door pressing the door bell button. Taking a deep breath angling his head down some so his cap would shroud some of his face into the shadow. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Thanking Dinner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL