Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:39:02
Page:  1 
The Mafia Tribune Started by: RileyFreeman on Feb 13, '08 22:11
Stumbling from behind a dark alley, Riley freeman sets up a newstand

Once finished he jumps on top of the counter and waves his arm for attention

TIRED OF SHOOTING EACH OTHER?

Take some shots at the new paper, We've just finished printing.

Riley takes off running back to his office
Report Post Tip
Hi,

I was just wondering where the articles relating to THIS world are?

Other than TeQ slagging us for slagging you, there seems to be a dearth of actual news that the people living in THIS world would care about.

I will grant you that the latest edition is more prompt.

But prompt shit is still shit.
Report Post Tip
To be fair, the fight isn't over yet.
Report Post Tip
To be fair, there is literally no news ABOUT the fight other than "Oh look at the people who died how sad."
Report Post Tip
JeQ give Riley a break. He's just trying to do his job.

Sevenfold walks off after his statment. Before he makes it too far he trips on an untied shoelace and almost falls over, however, he catches himself and continues on like nothing happened.
Report Post Tip
Sevenfold...it might not be the same in the criminal underworld, but I was under the impression that when civilians "try to do their job"....but FAIL at it repeatedly, they get fired!
Report Post Tip
I'll give him a break when he shows me he's earned one.

This edition of the paper was better than the last edition, yes, I will admit that.

But it's just like chinese food. 10 minutes after reading it, I'm hungry for some real news.
Report Post Tip
Well Slowhand apparently it's not the same in our world. He's working to get the Tribune going but we just have people talking shit about it instead of trying to help him...
Report Post Tip
So... 4 OOC articles, and two OOC interviews count as "working to get the paper out?"

Augustus did a very good article and it actually makes me want to shoot him a little bit less now, but still.

This is supposed to be a newspaper written BY the people of this world ABOUT the people of this world and FOR the people of this world.

Not some mythic fantasy world where we talk about games rip articles from something called Wikipedia.
Report Post Tip
Somebody just wants too whine about every fucking little thing. I have a solution for you and your problem TeQ. Go outside... and do something. Stop crying about a fictional newspaper. Please, this shit is killing me.
Report Post Tip
JeQ*
Report Post Tip
And yet you're crying about me crying about a fictional newspaper.

OH SNAP THE FACT THAT IT'S A FICTIONAL NEWSPAPER IS OOC DUMBASS.

Some of us, actually like to act as if this world is real. It's called role playing. Try it sometime, and no I don't mean when you dress up as an Indian to let your cowboy friend "capture" you.

And yes, this entire post was OOC, I apologize.
Report Post Tip
See now you're being Hypocritical :o

You fail.
Report Post Tip
I apologized for that post and I'll apologize for this one as well.

But some people, ie: you, don't understand that this game has always been based around role play. Always. And sometimes, the only way to explain it to you is to reach through the curtain of role play and smack you upside your head. If you're not here to role play, go back to playing counterstrike or whatever idiot game you were playing.

/end OOC and, again, I apologize.
Report Post Tip
Omfg i'd never play counterstrike.

CoD4 you bitch. Psh.
Report Post Tip
You need to learn how to be impartial Riley. The integrity of your publication is impacted by your clear bias. Try for a more professional approach as the editor and you might get a better response. Your articles can be biased but you need to show business acumen for a good read rather than a place to express your own opinion.
Report Post Tip
JeQ... almost as cool as ze TeQ.

Keep trying buddy!
Report Post Tip
Dear Editor,

While humor is an essential way to help live longer, I highly recommend that if you want to be seen as a true source of news and information to the public, that you do not use jokes as your main feature articles.

Right now, your paper reminds me a great deal of MAD Magazine.

Spend the time developing writers, demand the best from them, if they deliver sub-par articles give them back and ask for better.

Come out with a list of stories you would like to publish. Spend your time listening to the happenings in the streets and be aware of the current events.

Run quality assurance on the articles that are submitted, check them for spelling, formatting and grammar. Make sure that whatever goes to press, is of high quality and worthy of public consumption.

In short.

Be an EDITOR, not a copy boy.

Yours truly

Elazar son of Yair.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mafia Tribune
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL