Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:22:26
Page:  1 
New Writing Competitions: Give us YOUR suggestions! Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 15, '19 12:27
What should the pieces of writing be about?

What should the prize budget be?

How should it be judged?

How can we increase participation?

Should anyone be banned from participating, or judging?

How can we make them less controversial?

Should others chip in for the prizes to reduce the fucking horrendous financial burden on me?

Should crews with a standing policy not to engage with be banned from participating?

Can any of us ever equal, let alone surpass, Systematic Immolation of Thought?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I was going to participate in the last one but it arbitrarily ended too early in the day. I suggest at least allowing entries through midnight. I feel like you should ban tiggy because that contest where he told a mopey story using the word mope a million times giving me a headache. Destro should be banned from ever judging again and should never be awarded further prizes for doing nothing other than winning $40,500,000 in the past. Even though he submitted the most suspenseful story the world has ever seen, he should still have to offer fresh work to win moving forward. No one should help you fund your contests other than maybe NotoriousBIG because he really really seems to want to help out.
To be sure that this competition is being conducted properly, I think Kong, Destro & tiggy should serve as judges. 

Just to clarify, I've never said or agreed to fund any money to any competition. Especially when I have served as a very reliable judge. 

Report Post Tip

I think it is obvious that NotoriousBIG should be a judge seeing as he is putting so much of his own money towards the prize pool.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Thank you, Kong, NotoriousBIG and MariaReyholds.

Report Post Tip

Just so I'm clear MariaReynolds, I should be barred from showcasing my works in future contests because I am too talented?  So we are to encourage an "everybody gets a trophy" culture here in these streets?

You're not the first woman to attempt to keep me from participating in these contests, MariaReynolds.  Shannon-Whelan was unsuccessful in doing so, and she was a financier of the contest, the one that I took 1st place in.  So if she couldn't stop me, what makes you think you can having absolutely NO involvement in the inner-working of these contests? (unlike Shannon-Whelan, who did have involvement.)

I volunteer Princess to fund this entire event. If you’re gonna ditch me for Victor, you’re gonna pay for it.
Report Post Tip

Destro, you are not clear at all.  I said that you should not be allowed to be granted winnings for future contests unless you actually submit an entry for that contest.  Partial winnings for cancelled contests should not be awarded to past winners, however deserving they might be.

I did say that you shouldn't be allowed to judge, which you have proven just now by your inability to hear my previous arguments clearly.  If you cannot decipher the meaning of just a couple sentences, how are you to be trusted to accurately judge the merits of presumably a much longer speech?

None of this matters anyway.  No future contests should be allowed  CommissarZverev has shown himself to be completely incompetent at running them.  First he cancels a competition that people had already submitted work towards.  Then he submits to public pressure and declares a winner even though probably people who planned to submit entries did not do so, as the competition was cancelled.  And now he is offering to fix future contests in advance in order to obtain a suit which I already purchased.  Disgraceful. 

Report Post Tip

MariaReynolds just what do you suggest that we do?  Have no writing competitions?  What then?  What would happen to the Streets?

I'll admit, that they haven't ran as smoothly as they could have, but consider the egos, talent and raw competition that I've had to manage - how could I have done it any different?

And as for fixing future contests, I did no such thing.  I happened to know that VIPCreditsGrin would be winning an award shortly for a pieces of investigative writing.  You are simply wrong in this, and I demand that you either retract what you have said, or else consider yourself barred from entering any competitions.

Report Post Tip

MariaReynolds haven't you orchestrated enough beloved mobsters' demise in the last 24 hours?  Why are you now impeding my ability to generate revenue? Yes, you are correct I did not submit a story for that particular contest.  And yes, I did receive a payout from that contest despite not submitting a story.  But as you already mentioned yourself, that contest had already been cancelled!!!  AND let's not leave out the fact that I was only given half of what I had asked for How much clearer can I possibly make this to all of you?

Report Post Tip

CommissarZverev, I will take back nothing other than my bought and paid for finely tailored suit.  Considering the only reason I ever wanted to submit an entry to one of your contests was to shed light on the hilarity that was your duel with New York's Amsterdam-Vallon, I am quite sure I will be just fine accepted a ban from entering future competitions. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Writing Competitions: Give us YOUR suggestions!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL