Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:27:44
Page:  1 
A Statement of Intent Started by: PrinceofCheese on Feb 14, '08 05:10
A tired cheese walks into the busy main street

Ladies and gentlemen,

It's been a long and in many ways strange night which I believe has been mostly resolved at this point. I'm not going to go into monumental detail now as I have a lot of external business to deal with however some explanation is required so we are clear moving forwards.

When I awoke from my slumber last night a war was raging, it was unclear to me the exact nature of the war but I presumed that my old friend a1capon3 had decent justification and I had attempts from Witchyx crew on some of my family so I had no option but to engage. My understanding is that it was meant to be a relatively bloodless war with death focused on bodyguards and Witchyx herself who was away on business abroad at the time.

Obviously this was not the case, with no direction from leader or RH Witchyx crew responded in a variety of ways, battling honourably (in most cases) to save what they believed in. Whilst this may not have been the most intelligent preservation of life it was certainly understandable and in line with our mafioso ways. Rogues sprang up, many many shots were fired and we even had some early retirements. a1capon3 died to a lucky shot by a rogue so I had to reassess and up my game. I immediatley sprang into action dispatching one of the rogues and slowly stalking one of the others across cities. That one too fell by my gun which left us with just lostpriest to deal with. He was a fairly tricky customer but one of my hitters dealt with him in the early hours of the morning.

This left me and my asociates with the unenviable task of finishing off a rather strong don in the face of an extremely reactive family. We had no option but to engage with gusto, killhing the high rankers and taking out the bodyguards. This went on for a number of hours until there were but a few hobbling bodyguards hanging around Witchyx HQ. Her low rankers were spared as there had been enough bloodshed for one night. I stepped into LA, the home city of the famous Don and despatched a bullet which ended the war.

It was a complex and at times epic battle but what we must focus on now is how to pick up the pieces and continue.

The leaders have agreed that Cab_Tufting will be offered the opportunity to continue in his role and should he choose to accept he will be located as required. If he does not there will be a smooth transition to other options who are being mobilised as we speak. TheCaptain, Altitude, Bruce and I will be making auths and setting up captains as soon as humanly possible so please work with us in ensuring that those without homes are guaranteed invites as soon as possible.

So to be clear Cab_Tufting is not a rogue and has been, at least temporarily, authed

Onto the final matter before I try and get my HQ back into order. In the course of war a tactic was employed by and as yet unrevealed sources of hitlisting targets anonymously, I would respectfully ask that person to work with us to remove these now as there has been enough bloodshed. If not, they will simply be removed over the course of the day but either way some compassion would be pleasant.

That's all for now, as I said you can expect to see more HQs later on,

POC
Report Post Tip
"a1capon3 died to a lucky shot by a rogue"

You're wrong there, PoC. He and CP just completed underestimated the opposition when they devised their 'tactics'? CP may have won in the end but the two victories so far not exactly going to put CP in the history books as greats, is it?

Methinks you need to pray to the great god, Ganelon, for some advice on how to orchestrate a little 'shock and awe' during a war. When you can take down 15 to 20 high ranking enemy in the space of 30 seconds, that'll be impressive.
Report Post Tip
Paulie watches from the roadside as the man makes his speech, before giving his view

"I'm sure the people appreciate your explaining of how things happened, I was no doubt hooked on how the events unfolded.

"The one quirk I had though was the way you described finishing off a Don who has not been around to engage in this 'war' nor was aware she was at fault, could this not have been dealt with in a less violent way?"
Report Post Tip
Hey Tommy, first of all the victors write history. So PoC saying "lucky shot" is in reference to the fact that his side was able to take out more opposition. Although I wouldn't speak for him, I would guess that he believes that a1capon3 would have survived that attempt more often than not, however that attempt was on the smaller side of the percentages.

Now on to your statement about taking out 15-20 within 30 seconds...what? There simply is not enough time or enough resources to get that many people trained to take out another family like that. If anyone managed to build a family like that, there would be no more wars, as the strength of that family would keep our six cities under control.
Report Post Tip
A young woman stepped from the crowd and began to slow clap as she approached the man before her

Well done Mr Cheese, well done indeed, I hear lots of words, lots of "how we did it", how great you were but no "whys". Surely a man as great as you wouldn't overlook such a trivial detail. After all, Witchyx was a peaceful leader, whom you barely spoke to, a leader who overlooked your blatant acts of disrespect for her for the good of this world, in the hopes of ending the rot that had set in. I am quite sure it wouldn't have taken you long to come up with a valid reason, you aren't usually short of bullshit?

This world cries out for new leaders, new blood to step up with new ideas, but where is the point in that if they are slaughtered for no reason before they have a chance to settle in? I have heard her described as an enemy? That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever heard, the only place she was your enemy my friend I am afraid is in your head!! Quite obviously she was a threat to you in some way, perhaps the biggest threat was the amount of respect her family had for her that they actually abided by rules, something I fear you will never have, no matter how many Witchyx's you kill. This was reflected in the way they bravely fought despite her and her RH not being around. And quite obviously took you by surprise.

Perhaps it is because she was quiet? But then, her main priority was to have her family settled and happy before going a weeks holiday. If Witchyx had something to say in the streets then she would have said it, but NO, she would not stand on a street corner and pretend to be a CHEESE! Just to appease the critics, that to Witchyx was NOT the mark of a good leader.

So you set out to remove a leader and her bodyguards as she slept, how very brave of you, quite the mark of a good leader. Congratulations on turning a democratic community into a fascist dictatorship.
Report Post Tip
Franky, do me a favour and check the history books before claiming that something couldn't happen.
Report Post Tip
RIP the...Democratic Mob? Wait. That doesn't sound right.

In fact, fascist dictatorship does sound more relavent to our way of life.
Report Post Tip
I was referring more to how this war happened only a week after the last one which took away several of their own guns. There was no time to train replacements for those they lost. Has something like that happened in the past? As you eluded to, sure. Was it going to happen in this instance? As I said, highly doubtful. Might it happen in the future? I have no idea, I'm not there yet.

Franky sees that Tommy has retired from his life of crime

I guess you do not wish to discuss this anymore...
Report Post Tip
In response to that, I do find it more worth while knowing that should the need arise a group of Godfathers will gather and meet to discuss a conflict of interests. THe majority now seem to have auth'd each other, so they must all have a common goal in sight.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Statement of Intent
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL