Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 02:54:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Flash Fiction: Alternative Competition Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 19, '19 08:27

Open to everyone or only those who didnt have a story already in mind for the other contest before any objections were voiced?

Either way heres one for you. 

The Night He Wished He Could Not Remember

Nara woke up sweating, that dream was disturbing. 

He dreamed he was a frog. He hopped along the forest meeting a pig. Poking N
ara with his snout he said,

"Greetings friend frog, what brings you here today?"
"I’m N
ara the frog I hop along and eat bugs when I find them, my life is simple and I have no specific reasons to be anywhere I am just living my life as my instincts tell me"
"Live well Nara the frog and be careful this forest is littered with dangers. Tigers are always hunting for an easy meal from someone so small and easy to catch as you" 
"I’ll keep this in mind friend pig, take care of yourself too my friend"
“I am always glad to help. I am a very friendly creature by nature, and nothing warms my heart more than to give good advice and help to all the good creatures of the forest. I am well known. You can ask for me by name anytime you need anything for everyone knows me for my good nature and giving spirit.”
“Thank you oh notorious pig, you are the kindest creature I have met in this dark and scary forest.”

Suddenly a posse of Tigers appeared and tore the poor pig limb from limb, as it stumbled trying to escape Nara the frog hopped away quickly. Exhausted and shaken by this ordeal he sat on a rock by the river. He cried to know his new friend was dead and nothing he could have done would help him. He wished he was strong like the great bear and could have done something. He was ashamed that he was so small and helpless that he was not even noticed by these great bears as he hopped away. He wished he could have been devoured alongside his friend and wondered how he could be alive when his friend was so brutally killed. Knowing it was their instinct and hunger that drove them he forgave them but still wondered why the world was so cruel.  He was wiping his tears away when he was approached by a scorpion. 

"Friend frog could you help me with a puzzle. I need to find a way across the river, but I can’t swim. You look like a strong swimmer and if you take me across it would be a great help"
"But you are a scorpion and I fear you will sting me"
"Oh no I promise I won’t" He said "In addition ill ward off snakes and other dangers" 
With a shake of his frog hand and the scorpions claw he agreed "as long as you won’t sting me"

Climbing on his back the scorpion held tightly while Nara the frog began swimming across the raging river. Climbing on the shore he felt a sharp sting on his back. 

"OW, you promised you would not sting me." He cried

"I’m a scorpion, it’s what I do" was the only reply and the last thing Nara the frog heard. 

Waking up and shaking his head he plopped a pair of Alka Seltzer tabs into a glass of water. What the hell did all that mean? Was there more to this dream than seemed? Perhaps a warning of some impending doom or a lesion to be careful of who he trusts? Either way Nara swore he would not drink vodka before bed again.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Narasimhaya, did you get your million dollars?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Flash Fiction: Alternative Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL