Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 11:33:27
Page:  1 
Russian Strongman Contest Started by: Nikolai_Volkoff on Nov 21, '19 01:22

RUSSIAN STRONGMAN CONTEST.  ONLY THE STRONG MAY ENTER.  MUST BE 100% RUSSIAN

Nikolai_Volkoff read the sign and smiled upon realizing that he was eligible to compete.  He wrote his name down on the official Soviet-issued sign-up sheet and waited his turn.

The contest took place outdoors in a nearby park.  Usually the park was reserved for baseball games and cookouts, but today it was where Russia's strongest competed for honor and glory.

The day began with a push up contest to eliminate the weak early on in the contest.  Then they moved onto boulder rolling, boulder lifting, and pulling Russian cars up hills.  In the end, only two Russians were left.  The judge spoke.

BY POWER OF THE SOVIET UNION I DECLARE THAT NIKOLAI_VOLKOFF TO FACE LAST YEARS WINNER, WILLIAM, TO SEE WHO WINNER IS.

Nikolai_Volkoff had heard of William aka "Russian Bill" before.  Heck all Russians had.  He was known for his strength.  Rumor had it he had grown up in one of Moscow's many caves.  But there was no time to think about Russian Bill right now.  He had a barrel throwing contest to compete in.

William stepped up first grinning cockily at Nikolai_Volkoff.  He threw the barrel.  The Russian audience clapped politely at the far distance he threw it.

Nikolai_Volkoff stepped up to the barrel and focused all his energy and power.  "This for Mother Russia" he thought to himself before launching the barrel into the air.  The crowd gasped.  The judge approached. 

FIRST PLACE CHAMPION IS NIKOLAI_VOLKOFF

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
NIKOLAI_VOLKOFF, you are strong of body.

I am looking for a man who is strong of mind. Men strong of mind can make a lot of money.

Son, have you heard of the competitive writing community?
Report Post Tip

No I have not, sorry.  Tell me.

Report Post Tip
Nikolai_Volkoff, what we do is this. We stand around and we tell stories.

Someone listens to the stories and decides which is the best story.

Whoever told the best story then receives money. Sometimes life changing sums of money.

But it's dangerous. Bizarrely, a lot of people have died in the Competitive Writing world.

So, son, think you could manage it?
Report Post Tip

I am mostly only interested in things that are Russian, but thank you for kind offer.

Report Post Tip

Nikolai_Volkoff, Son, you can write in Russian if you like.  I'm quite sure that you'd make yourself a good home in the Competitive Writing Community.

And, look, we are Comrades.  Brothers in arms.  And I'm a Made man, so take caution in your tone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Russian Strongman Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL