Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 15:13:31
Page:  1 
Saving Competitive Writing: A Vision Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 21, '19 13:13
*The Commissar steps out of his car, steps onto a podium, and starts to address the gathered crowd.*

"Friends, it si with regret and sadness that I come here to address you.  I did not plan to be the de facto leader of the competitive writing community (CWC), but it seems to have happened nonetheless.

Yesterday, standing on this podium, I asked a simple question and, in anticipation of the types of replies that I might receive, assured those wishing to speak up that they would be safe.  This was a success, only three people who spoke up are now dead, one of them felled by my own hand.  They were: EsteemedBusinessman - I shot him, because he threatened someone.  Dominic and BelleCorsica were also shot and killed, for reasons that aren't fully clear. 

Some people might have died of natural causes whilst reading Narasimhaya's opus, but we don't have any information about that.

Phillipmarleau lives on, whilst my late friend, and scion of the CWC lies dead.

Friends, the CWC is a vital component of this life that we lead.  Probably the most important part, if we exclude organised crime, money and the law.  And I did not ask to be leading and guiding light, but I am.

So what are we to do?  What's our vision?  We need to get the level of violence associated with Competitive Writing down to an acceptable level. 

We have lost too many people.  Too many words remain unwritten because of the enemies of the CWC.

So, I ask you: what should we do to get CWC related violence down?
Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Neil steps out of the shadows, Surrounded by a contingent of Bikers. The Bikers now acting as his body guards were up on a number of minor trumped up charges in an FBN attempt to clean up the streets, and Neil had managed to get them off with fines. Not being overly flush with cash, the biker's had agreed to work off their debt to Neil through some extra services. Not that he would ordinarily need it, but as the Commish had pointed out, people were dying here. Neil scans down some points hastily added to a legal pad and addresses CommissarZverev.

A few points Commish, some I have been passed by my clients, some from myself seeing as you didn't respond to my last comments I made. This Competitive Writing community you speak off, I have a whole host of issues just with that description alone, but that is for another time. You claim to be the de facto leader, you are not. You are a guy, with deep pockets who has run a few competitions for people to tell stories and win money. People have been telling stories in the street since my ancestors first rocked up here many, many years ago. I saw across the way someone more or less accused you of delusions of grandeur, and statements such as this only reinforce this opinion of you. Incidentally, your response to that individual is why I took the time to address you previously... you remember that? Probably not considering you completely ignored me, but hey, that's water under the bridge.

You continue to belittle people who are not one of your flunkies at every turn around. You took a dump all over Narasimhaya for making a somewhat difficult to follow speech. the Guy is obviously foreign, his first language is obviously not English, but you ridiculed him because you and his father weren't the best of friends. You also continue to treat Phillipmarleau with contempt. You are supposedly the bigger man, either kill him and have done with it, or move on and let the past stay were it belongs, swimming with the fishes. 

You are certainly not a guiding light, you do not offer guidance to anyone, instead you offer scorn and apathy to all but your cadre of peons who like to flap around you and bask in the glow of your money. The truth is that there are no enemies of 'CWC' just enemies of you and your behaviour. Most of the people who died following your speech yesterday died because of you, because of the way you treat people, because of the way you wind people up. Like I said yesterday, you like to give off this image of being a man different from your ancestors, but the truth is you are not. You haven't changed at all, not one iota. You get your jollies by sowing discord and tension where ever you go, and watching the aftermath of the trouble you initiate.

You ask what can we do to get the violence down? Its simple, and you can do it alone. It doesn't require me, it doesn't require CoconutRandy Comrade Editor of whatever title his paper is currently using, it doesn't take anyone but you. And that simple thing is this... Retire. Take your big old bag of money, trade in the suit for a Hawaiian shirt, string vest and some Cargo Shorts and go live in Miami, or go back to the old country. Its the only way to reduce the tension, because you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, a leopard can't change its spots.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $4,000,000 Tip
Alternatively you could give all the money you wanted to donate to contests and send it to me. I could take over as random nonsense contest host and you could still send all your money around. Win win win.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sorry I wrote a novel there. It was a broad ranging subject. 

*The Commissar scratches his head*

Narasimhaya, you "wrote a novel there"?

Where?

Someone has indeed written a novel there (unread by me), but there is no novel there written by you.

Unless... unless... unless you're the writer of the novel there, somehow in disguise?
Report Post Tip

Sorry someone got a grain of sand in their panties over it and picked it apart to find some tiny flaw in continuity and called for its removal. Hope you got the chance to read it since you mentioned its length. Hopefully it will help you answer the question you posed there. 

Report Post Tip
Don’t bother Narasimhaya, he’s doing the only thing he knows how which is antagonize.

When someone reaches out and honestly wants to know what he can do to be a better person its never a bother. Clearly he has a sense of humor or id be dead for all the cheek ive given him

Report Post Tip

"CWC" as you call it, has no place in the streets, impostor Commissar and who the hell cares about your friend? Maybe if you didn't seek to belittle, goad and antagonise everyone who doesn't agree with you, you and your offerings would be better received. Have you thought about that? You could also try replying to those who answer your questions too, that might help. Every time someone makes a decent argument that you don't agree with, you just ignore it.

You make a really good point other Commissar. I am constantly making excellent points and suggestions that CommissarZverev just ignores. Also, he just said he didn't read someone's novel. If he can't be bothered to read or listen to others how could he possibly be qualified to run a writing competition.
Report Post Tip

I personally think he has an attention deficit condition, really as long back as I've known him he really has problems...

Neil stops speaking and seems distracted as he stares into the air above his head and all around himself, before coughing politely...

Sorry, he keeps saying that he reads or doesn't read what I say, which had me kind of confused, I thought I better check that words weren't forming in the air above my head when I spoke, that would just be freaky. Now, where was I? Oh yes... Really as long as I've known off him, I can't really say that I know him, we have spoken so infrequently despite working in the same city for the same organisation lead ultimately by the same man, as long as I've known off him, he's had problems following anything I say. Even when my father once wrote a story for one of The Commie's... Sorry, CommissarZverev is so hard to say, and so long winded I've taken to calling him The Commie, when my father once wrote a story for one of the Commie's little competitions, he complained that it took him five attempts to read it through. Now, I've read that story, and to be honest, whilst it was longer than most, it really only takes 5 minutes or so to read. How bad does your attention span need to be to be unable to pay attention to one thing for 5 minutes? So please, go easy on The Commie, because I'm sure in 50 years time he'd be diagnosed with something with cool sounding initials, like ADHD of ADD or something.

Neil pats his jacket pocket and realises he's left his cigarettes in the car. Sighing in exasperation he continues to pat his pockets in that measure of insanity that smokers everywhere will recognise, where you repeat the same actions over and over, hoping for a different outcome.

Any chance I could borrow a smoke?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Saving Competitive Writing: A Vision
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL