Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 07:29:30
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
It's not exactly doomed, right? Started by: Estarossa on Dec 07, '19 16:21

"What do you mean Oriana and Symplicity!? You're involving them in the club business, last I checked, they weren't fucking patched!"

Konnor rolled his eyes, this was not club business, so he didn't know what the fuck Nicky's problem was. He decided to shelf it, looking at Estarossa for a second, only to notice that the man was busy on the phone. He seemed to be speaking with Belfast, seems like Keath was having some talks with some other suppliers, something that was welcome, it was Irish business and he had been elected as the National President of the Ireland Charters.

"This is not club business, the Cordelia Cartel wants us to do them a favour. We're doing it and I am bringing along a few people, hopefully, it can keep some tempers calm. Now I don't want any fucking problems when they get here Nicky, I don't have time for your shit. I'll be gone for a few weeks, you know what that means. VP Patch means that shit lands on Joel's back, you got that!?"

Nicky nodded, he knew that his little problems with Konnor were causing problems. Only he didn't believe that this shit with Konnor was deserved, the fucker was lucky and should have handed that seat back to the rightful man who had earned that seat of his own standing within the club and how he got them through tough times. 

"I got it man, fine. I'll keep my mouth shut...seems like that is all we gotta do around here these days, right Prez?"

Konnor shrugged, smirking with a bit of something lurking there for a moment. He wasn't going to press anything else, this business with the Orello Brothers and the Tribe, it was already growing to the point where Konnor wondered where everything went wrong. Only he had to keep up the face, it was all too important. 

"Yeah Nicky, now get going. I want to know when they start shipping."

Konnor walked to the bar, pouring himself a drink and awaiting the arrival of his fellow travellers.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He hadn't given her much information, but then again, sometimes it was better that way. Fresh eyes sometimes saw the bigger picture that the tired and jaded ones missed. Symplicity had simply agreed to accompany Konnor on the trip, understanding too that she wasn't the only one that he'd arranged to come along. A woman out of Philly with a name as odd as hers was to join them, another connected gal with considerable skills and presumed attractiveness. Konnor wasn't stupid, he would find and use any angles to get things done.

Overnight bag in hand, Symplicity locked up her apartment and headed down to the lobby where her bodyguard Lance awaited. The Caddy was running, and soon they were headed to the airport in Chicago where she would grab the next flight to New York. From there, the small group would take a longer flight out of the States, and into foreign territory.

Report Post Tip

Oriana arrived in New York, swinging a small red suitcase at her side. On her previous job for the motorcycle club, she'd managed to get herself shot and break her collarbone; this one, hopefully, would go better for her. Besides, it had been a while since her she'd taken any jobs; it'd be good to get a bit of a workout. 

Assuming that she'd be moving out quickly, Ori left her bag with the coat check and headed in toward the bar.

Her long black coat fell to her knees, covering the pistol and knife she wore on her waist. Slim slacks and a white blouse completed the simple ensemble; her hair, which had previously been long and brown, was short and golden blonde. 

She leaned against the bar next to a woman she didn't know as Konnor finished up some business in the corner.

"El Diablo, please."

Konnor smiled at a joke that MIsa told him, he looked over at the other side of the bar. He wondered how people got in here on occasions, only he wondered if it was because they had officially opened their doors as a bar. It helped that the income was actually in line with what a bar would actually make monthly, something that kept the eyes of many Law Officers off of them, he shook his head of those thoughts. It would not do him well, he tilted his head to the side watching Oriana enter the bar. 

He motioned for one of the brothers to go about their business, to which they responded with a chuckle but left Konnor with a pat on the back, knowing that he was more or less getting in the thick of things right now. He had been really focusing on finally ending the threats to this club, wishing to go back to the era of peace that had been around when Estarossa was in charge. To an extent, there were enemies everywhere, people wished for a claim and they had to get ahead of it, soon. 

"Oriana, a pleasure to finally know your name. I hear that the last moments during your approach of The Tribe was met with hospitalization. From there, it was clear that you had done a lot for the payday. Hence why I've called you and one more person for what happens next."

He didn't exactly know how to go into the business of what was going on. He knew that he needed to wait until Symplicity got here, considering recent things, he knew that it would have been helped with what was happening going forward. If the Orello Brothers could be convinced that this was not a Cartel matter but one of a gangland territory matter, it would help bring them on their side. 

Only with the things that Konnor heard about Victor Orello, the one who would not take this slight from the Cordelia's without something in response. It was why Konnor wished to call this meeting, he couldn't exactly go about this wearing his usual clothing either....he had to be presentable and once again, he had to look like a refined member of society. Not someone with multiple charges of assault with a deadly weapon. 

He sighed, deciding to keep himself calm. Konnor knew that heading into foreign territory, even one as rumoured about as Mexico was something that would have him nervous for a few moments. The President kept himself by rubbing an arm over his tattooed forearm, closing his eyes for a moment before opening with an obvious determination in those chocolate orbs.

Oriana flashed a grin at the familiar face.

"Hello again, Kon. The Tribe were... a challenge. But I was happy to get the job done for you, and I'm healed up now. I hope those papers proved useful to you?"

"They did, didn't Brigitte inform you of how ecstatic the club has been in recent weeks? I can barely remember that moment at all, there was definitely something there that I can't remember. Only in all, we have caught shipments of medicinal hardware flowing into Ohio. We can't establish anything there yet, with the strong presence of The Tribe still hanging around, clubs are less likely to reach out."

Konnor sipped his bourbon, his odd favouritism of it must have come from the influence of seeing Esta drink it all the time. He had never known to drink that much, he guessed that he was a stress drinker, along with smoker. It was just how things worked with this life, he could hardly keep himself contained when things got like this. 

"All in all, we also caught the supplier of The Tribe. They're a brother cartel in Sinaloa, Mexico. Now they're direct competition to our suppliers, which brings me to why I've called you and someone from Chicago, both of you have stakes in what happens next. Yours just happens to be your life."

Konnor didn't hide what was in the balance for her here, she deserved to know that much. It was not going to be fair otherwise, she needed to know that the Orello Brothers, Victor especially, would be calling for the blood of the hitman or woman in this case. When they didn't give that, it would be certain that tensions would raise and the breakout of war in Mexico would not be far behind. 

"This cartel, they are known as the Orello Brothers, they supplied Heroin and Meth. They've always had a rivalry with our suppliers, now, with the recent hit that I had you act out. These brothers believe it to be a cartel hit to take out the competition, we're heading into foreign territory to secure peace and hopefully bring the Orello Brothers into our fold of business."

Konnor knew that this was a crock of shit, he, Estarossa, and the Cordelia's had spoken at length. Nothing of that sort would be happening if the rumours were true. It was going to be a whole lot of bargaining and release of territory that would not be possible, something was going to give and for a moment, Konnor was worried that it was going to be one of their lives. 

Symplicity and Lance landed in New York, and a car was rented. Soon enough, they were pulling up to the bar where Konnor's club hung out.

Not much had changed since she'd been here last. She got the same mix of looks from the members as she passed them on the way in... some respectful, some murderous. She'd killed the president of the Chicago chapter, after all, and whether it was warranted or not, it would never be forgotten.

Wisely, Lance had stayed in the car. Konnor had disliked him from day one, but if Symplicity wasn't safe enough with her fiance in the building, he couldn't help her, anyway. Easing down in the seat, he watched her walk into the bar with long, purposeful strides and zero hesitation.

Inside, the place was just as she remembered. Smoky, dark, and full of leather-clad menace. Today, though, there was something different. A shock of bright blonde hair drew her eye to the bar, and Symplicity had to suppress a smile. This had to be the cohort Konnor had spoken of. The man himself was standing next to her, hand on his forearm. That made her smile even more.

"Hello. Oriana, is it? I'm Symplicity," she said, extending one hand while slipping the other around Konnor's waist. She'd play the submissive here in the clubhouse if she needed to in front of the members, but not until then. 

Report Post Tip

"She mentioned it," smirked Oriana. "But I'm happy to hear that you were ecstatic. And if you ever want to hit the Tribe again, let me know. I don't hold grudges, but they did shoot me. I'll return the favor, and I'll even give you a discount."

As Konnor continued speaking and mentioned Oriana's life being at stake, the smirk dropped away.

"Guess these Orello Brothers hold grudges, then. But they wouldn't know it was me, right? Or did word get out?" 

Oriana's question was interrupted by the arrival of a woman- brunette, classy. She grabbed Ori's eye, at least until she grabbed onto Konnor. Still, she extended her own hand to shake with a polite smile, maintaining her lean on the bar.

"Oriana. Symplicity, in addition to being a virtue, is quite the name. I like it," she said, studying the other woman carefully. What was her role here? The connection to Konnor was obvious- but was there something more?

"Well thank you. My apologies for running late, Lance drives like a turtle," she said, helping herself to the last of Konnor's... bourbon? This was the first indicator that something might be wrong. She studied his face for a moment, but let it pass for the time being. 

"Mr. Marx and I don't often share the details of our respective adventures," she said a bit ruefully, "so you'll also have to excuse me for not being completely in-the-know here. I got the who what and why of it, then caught the next flight out of Chicago. 

"So," she said, facing Konnor. "What's the plan, Dearest? Are we really just headed in to play nice? Negotiations only? I brought the bare essentials as far as weapons go. Kind of ran the gamut in apparel, however. Something feminine, and something... not," she grinned, secretly hoping she got to don the leathers. They'd never stop a bullet, but they'd likely deflect a majority of the knives carried out there.

Report Post Tip

"Lanny, my favourite person in the world. I hardly seem him anymore Sym, the girls often wonder where he is. Keeping him locked away in Chicago has made him something of a desired man in New York, many a woman wish to bed him."

Of course, Konnor covered up that stress as she studied his face. He could already see the wheels turning in her head, she was, at times, a human polygraph test. Things that he wished to keep hidden sometimes cropped up, he made sure to deflect. He did not wish for something to go elsewhere that he didn't have time or even the right mind to even talk about, he was keeping it strictly to the business in Sinaloa, a place that held some memories. 

"Nonetheless, I hope the trip here was not so dangerous as I hear nowadays. I am glad that he made the trip, it means that someone is watching your back at the very least."

Konnor continued with that line of conversation before searching his pockets for a moment, he couldn't find his fucking smokes and so he kept his hands to himself for a moment. His right hand tensing ever so slightly, he breathed in for a moment, rolling his head ever so slightly, making it seem like he was simply getting a knot out. 

"Oh the details of such adventures have been kept away because I rarely go on them now, I'll be making plenty of trips soon and I will find myself all over the world soon enough. This business in Mexico is just the first, of course. It involves a rival cartel of my supplier, I'm going there as a sign of respect, plus protection for my supplier."

He did notice the searching gazes of each other woman, he knew that there was more they needed to know. In this case, it would have been simple to explain in cases why they were here. 

"Negotiations is one term, you're both here for very different reasons. I have to show the Orello Cartel that the peace we can establish is beneficial for their bottom line. Which is why I have a representative of Chicago here. Which is why I have you here Sym. If I can bring the Orello Brothers around, I expect that they will wish to expand their operations. What is the way I can do that besides giving them a distributor?"

Konnor knew that there was no other way to go about this deal. It involved stepping on a lot of fucking toes, then getting the deals with the cartels in place. It would be a hell of a few days or weeks to come. 

"The reason why you're here Oriana is to show Victor Orello that the hit was not Cartel Enforced. You're going to be admitting to that fact, you're going to say that you were ordered, no no, paid by me to take out Ramirez Palomono."

And like that, he knew that there was a danger. It was why he had packed heat as well, there was no fucking chance in hell that blood would not be spilt in Mexico, only he was determined to make sure that it was not going to be any of theirs.

He looked at each of them, wondering what their reactions were, this was a big deal and right now, he knew that Sym was possibly going to be worried. All she had to do was trust him and he knew that she did, this was just the way it had to work.

Oriana listened with interest to Symplicity. The woman seemed completely focused on Konnor. That was fine. There was something intriguing about her, something beneath the surface, but Oriana could wait to indulge her curiosity. Later, though. For now, she listened intently to Konnor.

As the man spoke, Oriana's eyebrow crept higher until it was ready to leap off her head. Surreptitiously, she started looking around for the exit and the men around them, in case she had to shoot her way out of here. Konnor had paid well before, she wasn't fucking die just to smooth things over with the Cartel.

"So... you want me to walk up to these guys, who probably want to kill whoever killed Palomono, and just... admit it? It sounds like you'd be trading me for a good deal with them... and the only reason I'm not walking right now is that if you were really going to sell me out, you would have done it done there."

Oriana paused.

"So what do you expect will happen there? I'll tell them I got hired to kill Palomono, and they just... decide that since it was from an outsider, that it was fine? That doesn't make sense to me. If you want me to come along to kill someone, great. If you want me to come as a bodyguard who doubles as eye candy-"

Her eyes flicked to Symplicity.

"- well, more eye candy, I can do that, too. I'm just not seeing why this job makes sense for me. Seems more like walking into a lion's den, and I've got enough money now where I don't need to take that sort of risk for cash."

Konnor tensed and his eyes narrowed ever so slightly, he knew that there would be complications. He knew that the fact she was going to be so bold in admitting her involvement was something that really left it to chance, only to think that she believed he would sell her out was something that had him a bit angry. Only he cooled himself down, knowing that she had to see things correctly or in some part, differently in his warped little mind. 

"Oh, it's more than walking into the fucking lion's den, Oriana. We are going to be fighting a few lions and the thing is, you need to get right with that. I'm telling you to do this because it lands on me, you're ordered to do that, you were paid to do that. You were simply a buttonman, if it wasn't you, it was going to be someone else. Everyone knows that kind of deal, a hitman for hire, it's the classics. I can promise you, none of this lands on you."

Konnor made sure to keep his own wandering hands to himself for a moment before he notices a packet of smokes on the counter, like a cat, he swiped them. Lighting one up within moments as he calmed down then, finding himself at ease, ever so slightly. He could see that suspicion, those eyes of hers, they were ever so different that it made him count in his head to keep himself calm. 

"This risk, it either makes you enemies or it makes you money. The thing is, you have enemies already Oriana. The Tribe are not going to be stopping until they find you, the difference, unlike the cartel, this is personal. You killed their leader, they're not going to stop until they string you up like a fucking party decoration."

He breathed in, deciding that he had gone a bit too far there, knowing that he was not meant to be going into it like this. It was meant to be calm, of course, this life was ever so calm. Only a few things would be calm and business like this, tensions high and with guns ready to be drawn, it only took a smooth exhale of breath to tip the scales. 

"The Orello Cartel can be held back, It's a matter of peace for them. They know that they can't handle taking on all the crews that Cordelia and myself have at our disposal. They find another supplier, this is business. It's not personal, they had no ties to Palomono. I can assure you of that, I made sure to look into this. You go there, you tell them it was me. You tell them Konnor fuckin' Marx told you to do this, you didn't ask questions, you just did what you were paid to do."

And like that, the cold steel gaze of Konnor seemingly came into his and it was here that it would be seen why he had maintained his position for so long. Like the flipping of a light switch, one minute he could be happy, so full of life and laughter, the next, there stood a President clad in leather with a cold determination about him. 

"Just trust me, you're not going to die. You're not going to be caught, you are going to thrive being with me. Cause the thing is Oriana, a lot of things are happening, things that you will find out in Mexico. I take care of my associates, I take care of my friends, I take care of people who trust me above all else."

Konnor spoke softly, the new yorker accent came into play once more. Then, once more, sat in his place was the seemingly happy president as a smile twitched at his lips. Seemingly out of nowhere as he did nothing to deny himself that facade, even for a moment. 

"Besides, what's this life without a little risk? Am I right or not?"

Oriana listened carefully as Konnor spoke. He sounded confident, but it still sounded risky. When he talked about "makes you enemies or it makes you money"... was he referring to himself, there? No, the Tribe.

She relaxed, at least slightly.

"I'm good at parties, but I'd prefer not to be strung up as the decorations. If you're confident you can hold them back, then fine. But it'll cost more than last time. My attitude for risk was slightly modified when I got cracked up on the last job- and modified again when I made myself a small fortune on a different job. But... I'm in. After all, I want to thrive."

Konnor cleared his throat, he had calmed down, significantly so. He was no longer needing to focus on the drama that would hold him back if she was accepting of what needed to happen then thank the fucking heavens. He looked at Misa, nodding his head as he did so, the kid brought around a duffel bag full of things that Konnor would need for Mexico, he set it down on the counter. 

"Good, cause this little party is going to be opening doors for both of you. I told you I would take care of you, I'm telling you, I'm going to be making you some money. Not enemies, the things from here though, they may change. I just wanted to be sure that you understood where this was going to go, you say my name and allow me to take care of things from there."

Konnor spoke with the smoothness of a favoured mobster. Almost like he had taken some classes on how to reassure his own hired hands, right now, he had to make sure that nothing was blown out of proportion. Only to then hear that there had been an increase in her payment, he had a slight smirk on his lips. Almost like he had expected such an expense. 

"I'll tell ya, two million in total for you and Brigitte is what I paid last time. I gave you the majority of that sum because of your injuries, you'll be making money. I'm going to take you far, just make sure that you play your part, Ori."

Konnor smirked, he was calmer, how calm? That had to be seen. Though he played the part of a calm leader perfectly, he decided to keep himself occupied searching through the duffel bag before pulling out a large brown envelope. He took out a few rolls of dollar bills, placing them on the table. Still in his hand, as he watched her still. 

"This two-hundred thousand, Ori. I can guarantee that you're going to make more, I've set things up. You're going to be straight, this is just the advance on business."

He nodded his head and took a puff of his smoke, his eyes narrowing on her for a few moments before a smile once again twitched at his lips. Konnor knew that he himself needed to get right with this situation and so he pulled Sym a little closer to him, knowing that he needed to reassure in some form that he was alright, for now. 

"Now, anything that either of you needs to discuss before we get on with plans of travel? Have I settled all the questions? Cause anything else or things that pertain to the Orellor or Cordelia's waits til Mexico."

Ori sighed as the money disappeared into her coat. If she was being honest with herself, she wasn't in it for the money, but the connections. Konnor's club, his connections... they could come in handy. He was a good friend to have.

"If you'll answer the rest of the questions when we get there, that's good enough for me."

This was par for the course for Symplicity. It worked, because she worked better this way. The less she knew, the better things worked for her. It had become a sort of talisman, or good luck charm, of sorts. Most would consider the lack of information alarming, or unwise. To her, it was the Spartan thinking that seemed to always save her life. Instincts. Those never failed you.

Konnor had never failed her, either, despite his tendency to argue the opposite. 

Oriana obviously had no reason to trust Konnor's plan, or Symplicity... at all. Why would she? Maybe she could start to bridge the gap, here and now.

​​​"May we have a moment, Darling? Girl talk," she grinned, and when he grinned back, she touched Oriana on the elbow and drew her aside.

"You don't know me. Have no reason to trust me. From what I'm gathering of your last go-round with Konnor, there's not a lot of reason to necessarily trust him, either," she said, giving the other woman even eye contact. 

"You're obviously someone highly skilled, valuable. A key player, if I'm hearing things right, more than some Chicago connected broad, whatever her rank and position might be," she smirked before her face got serious again. 

"He needs you for this. I've got your back. Those are two facts you can bank on, along with your little advance there," she said, tilting her chin at Oriana's coat pocket.  

Report Post Tip

Ori allowed herself to be led away by the brunette. Chicago mentioned again- more connections.

"By having my back... maybe once this job is done, we can about about some business? I'll come to Chicago, you come down to Philadelphia... whatever... but I'm looking to get a little bit more involved in things."

She shrugged.

"I already agreed with what Konnor wanted, of course. But if you're looking to get me more on board... that's what I'd be looking for."

She nodded before replying. 

"I understand that, I heard you agree. I also heard all kinds of doubt and hesitation in there. Whatever I can do to erase that before we step into the lion's den," she shrugged, leaving the sentence at that. 

"And if you want involved," she had to laugh, this really was an insane way of life. "Involved you shall be. My hands are full, I can use all the help I can get. Pick your poison. Guns? Adult entertainment? Fine dining? I'm knee-deep, thanks to Talk Dark and Leathered over there," she said, glancing over at Konnor. She didn't like what she saw, not at all. Drinking was one thing, but he was smoking, which she couldn't recall seeing him do before. Cursing wasn't normal for him either, not in front of others, anyway. Somewhere, way deep in Konnor Marx's history, Symplicity always figured there was a wholesome, loving mother that had brought up a good son before this, that, and the other thing had sunk its claws into him.

"I'm not the fixer. You are," she said, and there was no real way to tell who she was talking to. She blinked, then put on a smile for Oriana.

"Guess we should get going. I'm sure you can fend for yourself quite nicely, but it's rather disturbing watching these boys look at you like you're a slice of perfectly marbled Kobe," she said with a tired little sigh. 

Report Post Tip

"If I trusted everyone the first or second time I met them, I wouldn't be alive," said Oriana in a steady, factual tone. "How else would you usually remove peoples' doubts? And are you part of the club here? An acquaintance? What's the connection there, if there's one outside of you and Konnor?"

She paused, listening to the list.

"Guns, adult entertainment, and fine dining are three of my favorite things. But yea... we should head back."

As they walked back, Symplicity made her comment about Kobe beef.

"I'm catching a few looks, but just as many seem to be looking at you," said Oriana with a smirk. "They must appreciate your tailoring."

Symplicity shook her head firmly. 

"No, all eyes are on you, I can assure you." No one looks at the President's bitch. Especially when said bitch put a bullet through the head of the Chicago President's head when he tried to rape her.

"Your take on trust is probably the smartest one. Me? I function on instinct. I'm not saying it's better, or worse. It's just how I go," she said with a little shrug as they stepped back to where Konnor stood. The urge to rip the cigarette out of his fingers was unbearable. 

Appearances, appearances. 

"I hand for a Don in Chicago. I'm not part of Konnor's world here, although many of our business interests cross. We met through my former employer, also connected. Her name was Catalina Rey, and I worked in her restaurant in New York as a chef before... before," she finished, watching Konnor's eyes as she spoke.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: It's not exactly doomed, right?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL