Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 05:31:44
Page:  1 
Flash Fiction 12/2/19 Started by: Theo-Clairmonde on Dec 02, '19 09:10

Ignoring the Warning Label

commission, worthy, risk, chartreuse, myth, raccoon, apothecary, mushroom, suspect, moth

Sumbissions close 00:00MR on 12/6, Winners Announced 12/8

Write a short story that fits the prompt/topic and includes all 10 words. Winner will receive $2 million.

Rules: 

1. Maximum 400 words. 
  2. MUST relate to the prompt and contain all 10 story words.
  3. MUST include a unique title. 
  4. MUST be grammatically correct, WITHIN REASON (I'm not gonna be a grammar Nazi, but it should be readable with punctuation). 
  5. Cohesive structure and flow (i.e., beginning, middle, and end with some identifiable plot)

Stories will be scored/judged in two parts: 

1. TIPS! Please, "vote" on your favourite stories by tipping. Depending upon the number of entries the top 3-5 highest tipped posts will start with 2 point bonus. 
  2. Scoring - each story will be scored as follows: 

word count: 300 - 400 = 1 point; under 300 = 2 points

Story words: 1-2 points for creativity

Grammar and structure: 1-3 points for clarity

Plot: 1-3 points for depth

Originality: 0-3 points

Character depth / development: 0-3 points

Creativity:  0-5 points (As this is a creative writing contest, bonus points will be given for creativity. Feel ENCOURAGED to stretch,                     explore, write outside your character... but try to keep it within the period setting. I'm down for magic, but let's keep it mobster                         magic.)

Enjoyment: 0-5 points (We'll call this one "Reported Personal Bias". I'm human. Sometimes I'm just really gonna like something. I                     think if you went through the effort to write something I really like, then you should be rewarded for it. But, I'm gonna                                       be honest about it. <3)

Submissions should be posted as replies to this thread - Please include a title for your story.

At the end of the contest, I will post the top three titles along with their respective scores. First place is guaranteed 2 mil. Second and Third may qualify for additional prizes pending contest popularity. 

Judges: Yours Truly (of course) and @James-Quinn (additional judges pending/TBA)

Report Post Tip

hmmm... Sad that no one entered this one.

Theo-Clairmonde , I think we should recycle it and push for more advertising. Either way, we'll talk more about it.

Report Post Tip

Oh yeah...

Deadline hit, no late entries. Look for the next time, folks!

Report Post Tip
I'm also experiencing issues with competitive writing at the moment.

I'm running a consultation at the moment, would either of you like to be involved? James-Quinn Theo-Clairmonde?
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Flash Fiction 12/2/19
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL