Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 17:18:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
What do YOU Suggest I Do??? Started by: CommissarZverev on Dec 04, '19 14:21

lot of begging by you for Narasimhaya to enter, and finally, wanting so much for you to know your damn role and shut your mouth, Narasimhaya cobbled together anything he could.

Not even close,  after a hell week with a holiday everyone wanted the day off for I barely had time to hop on and do much of anything. I posted that I was sorry I missed that contest and was given more time. Missing that post until far into the following day I once again apologised for not being able to get on in time. Finally I was told just go ahead when I could. Partially due to the other story I been doing on my own for my character. Part to the time passing and how busy id been, and part to the writers block I mentioned I basically did a total improv speech right there. It wasnt my best and yes cobbled together as a literal timeline of a writer with a block I thought it was at least a relatable and fun read. Sorry you didnt think so.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

ChrisVaughn - OK, so I stop paying the judges on standby for not judging my contests.  And then what?

And then I've got a load of people waiting for judgement.  What then?  WHAT THEN?

I've tried judging them myself, and I get accused of rigging the contests.  I've had other people judge then, non-professionals, and I get accused of rigging the contests.

So, yeah, I subcontract it out.  I pay a few guys to keep on top of it, in case the one or two guys that I really trust, and aren't a friend or an enemy, are busy with other things.

Report Post Tip

Narasimhaya, the Rock didn't say he didn't like it, the Rock enjoyed it very much. The Rock simply said what he saw, and what the majority of people the Rock spoke to saw, and to the vast majority, it looked like you just said the first thing you could to get a desperate man off your back. Zeppo asked people for their opinions, so the Rock gave him one on where he'd gone wrong. 

The Rock isn't suggesting you stop paying your judges jabroni, the Rock is suggesting you stop paying everyone. Put the competitions on hold and keep your wallet in your pocket. Stop handing out cash like its confetti. But seeing how you are stuck on the Judges. If you want to be taken seriously, then everything has to be above board. The People should know who their judges are. The Rock isn't suggesting that these judges don't exist, but I'm sure many people believe just that. Believe that you have your friends pick a friend to win, or simply pick a name out of a hat, and no, before you offer, the Rock doesn't want to see evidence of your judges, again the Rock is just telling you how it appears.

Secondly, get judges who aren't your friends, no one is going to trust your impartiality if your judges are tiggy, Destro-Whelan and DampCrotch. There are almost 80 CLs, GFs and Hands running around right now. You telling the Rock that you don't have enough pull for three of them to agree to judge a damn contest? The man who claims to have "favoured prestige and friendship over money" doesn't have enough prestige and friendship to pull together a judging panel without having to pay two dollar-no-fifty cent-no-aw take all the quarters nickels dimes and pennies, put 'em all in a bag and stick 'em straight-up-your-candy-ass hookers to do it? And where are these professional judges? Do they have a guild or a union? Can anyone join, or is it like the 33rd degree Masonic and they have to ask you to join? The Rock knows that technically, any one who gets paid to do something is a professional, if you lie there and get paid for nothing, that makes you a pro of another kind.

Report Post Tip

I pay a few guys to keep on top of it, in case the one or two guys that I really trust, and aren't a friend or an enemy, are busy with other things.

And here lies part of the problem.  A person is paid to judge, perhaps gets busy with this or that, and in the meantime while everyone is waiting for that judge to cast a vote, the other judges being paid not to vote are getting paid anyway.  Please understand, I agree with everybody that it's not right for the Commissar to have to dip into his own pocket when this happens.  So again, what is the compromise?  

Report Post Tip

Everyone should get a vote. I can vote, you can vote, Quebecois featherweight Moise Bouquillon can vote if the wind doesn't blow him off his tiny French feet. That way only the most popular and well-liked competitive writers will win and we can keep the boring nerds out of the higher rungs of society. 

It might be difficult to pay 6M a day to all those people but the transparency would be unassailable, like my position as heavyweight champion of the world, despite what Reggie 'The Iron Spleen' Meen has been saying in his press conferences lately. 

Report Post Tip

I say you gather up x amount of judges you feel deserves a spot and/or you feel you have enough respect for to deserve a spot in a judges pool. You then leave them all a timeframe, in advance, in which you expect them to cast their vote. You decide how many votes you feel is needed in order to get a valid result in the different competitions you're doing. For some it might be three and for some even more. When that amount has been reached you have a result. It might take 5 minutes or a couple of hours depending on time a day I guess and the time needed to sort through their thoughts. You then pay the judges who voted in that competition, the ones putting in work. Use the payment as a incentive to judge, to cast their vote. That would surely get the judges off their ass and it doesn't matter if not everyone votes. 

You make it known to the masses what to expect and you can even send out pretty little fliers as updates to the contestants so they don't have a nervous break down waiting for the results. Like I nearly had when waiting for those 100 mil that had my name written all over it. 

But then again. I have not arranged for competitions like these. I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. The time put in. 

It is easy.  I am saying it is easy.  You are being ridiculous.  This conversation is ridiculous.  I have offered before and I will offer again.  Sponsor me to run a contest for you. All will be just fine. 

Report Post Tip
mariareynolds send me a business plan and I will consider it
Report Post Tip
MariaReynolds, I believe what we are looking for is suggestions, not volunteers. Commissar already has too many cooks around the pot as it is. That’s a big part of the problem. The last thing these contests need is more cooks.
Report Post Tip

They need less Commisars and Destros in the mix making things ridiculous

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
I need RJFuller.
Report Post Tip
Contrarily, if the system works maybe don’t fix what isn’t broken? Might be expensive, but clearly over-complicating everything like we’re doing here isn’t productive.
Report Post Tip

This is ridiculous on so many levels. Walks off scratching my ass.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I think the current system, whilst far from perfect, is a necessary evil. Clearly no better suggestions have been made here and, as has been said before, what is the alternative? I mean, do we really want this on our judging panel?

"What I say it pretty smart." - @MariaReynolds

I'd rather pay $6m for quality stand-by judges not to judge than pay $1.9m for...well....that

I've thought about having a board of governors to oversee the fairness of it, but again, that could end up draining cash.
Report Post Tip
What about instead of an entire board of governors you just hire one compliance officer instead? That way you are just adding one new position instead of several, the same job is being done, and at a much lesser expense for you. Maybe one of the judges that will not be participating in the contest could be tasked with the role, unless that would be double-dipping in terms of payment. Not sure exactly how that would work out but maybe worth exploring.
Report Post Tip
Well, who could that be Destro_Whelan?

We would need someone who was neither a friend or an enemy, and someone who wasnt financially dependent on me.
Report Post Tip
I will be more than accepting to take on this role if needed.
Report Post Tip
Retire
Thanks to everyone who got in touch with ideas and offers of help.

A few things have been finalised. The judging bill has been reduced to $2,900,001, which is obviously a big saving. I've taken Destro_Whelan's suggestion for a compliance office into consideration, and the locum judges are going to perform that function. They'll still get $6M a day each but they will only be needed for one day.

All in all, this means that I can have the contests judged for $14,900,001, which isn't bad.0
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What do YOU Suggest I Do???
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL