Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 21:23:16
Page:  1 
The Court Of The Primate King Started by: CoconutRandy on Dec 06, '19 14:25

Tookie Mongo - the ape of destiny - dragged his first subject, Mateo-Konte, by the leg in a casual one-handed grip, effortlessly tossing Konte's weight around with his enormous, muscular gorilla arm. He let go, leaving him in a sprawl, and Tookie plopped his 400-pound body down into an indifferent lounging position. The court of the primate king was now in session. Nathan, his interpreter, began to speak for the majestic beast as it signed the words. There was something at play in this urban jungle, some unseen malevolent force that kept important men in permanent hiding, and the giant gorilla was going to find out what. 

"Look at you. Soft, small ape. Puny like ant. Not big or strong like Tookie Mongo. Hide in puny ape nest. So quiet. Not say word. All ape forget small ape exist. Not worry, puny ape. Tookie Mongo not hurt you. Small ape not threat to Tookie Mongo. Small ape like baby. Small ape say: me not go streets, not need. Me small ape, me not need do anything. Small ape so boring! Not smart like Tookie Mongo. Brain like tiny bird. 

Tookie want answer. What soft, small ape do all day? Small ape never seen on street before. Small ape always hide. What small ape hide from? Why small ape not speak? Small ape not learn how? Even Tookie learn small ape language. Language for small ape with tiny bird brain. Small ape scared of other small ape? Not many small ape on street anyway. How small ape leader of smaller ape when puny ape not brave like Tookie Mongo? Not even face smaller ape on street? Small ape arm like twig, Tookie strong like great tree. 

What make weak ape hide? What make puny ape scared of street? Speak, if quiet ape able!"

The gorilla stopped signing and huffed loudly, ending his interrogation with a few deep-timbred ook ooks. Why was the man so silent? Why had he remained hidden for so long? Was there a true challenger to Tookie Mongo, the greatest of apes, somewhere out there? 

Report Post Tips: 23 / Total: $11,220,000 Tip

Mateo-Konte stepped out onto the streets where what appeared to be an ape, but almost certainly had to be a jester in a fancy monkey suit, was banging his chest while a smaller man spoke for him. Holding his nose from the stench, he pulled out a cigar and lit it, in the hopes that the fumes out overpower the ape shit infesting his nostrils.

I certainly appreciate the jest about me being a small ape. I take that as a great compliment to my finely groomed beard, and my toned body. I didn't realize you were such a fan. I'll need to remember to get my windows darkened. I had a feeling I had a fan watching as I worked out, I suppose now that's confirmed. Now to cipher through your mindless drivel.

Mateo took a brief pause here to take a long draw from his cigar, blowing the smoke towards the ape-man.

I've heard toddlers speak better than you, perhaps you could use a lesson. Now, why have I not appeared on the streets? Perhaps it has something to do with running my empire in Waterfront. La Casa Di Mateo is a grand place, and I like to live an extravagant lifestyle. As a result, there's a lot of upkeep. Additionally, and I fully understand you may not be capable of understanding this, maybe I simply don't want to? It has nothing to do with bravery, nothing to do with an inability to speak, I simply don't have that desire. So, if you would, kindly take your little interpreter here, and go enjoy throwing feces at him. You know nothing, and as usual, have nothing of meaning or value to share. I suppose you just enjoy the sound of your own voice. Good day.

With that, Mateo finished his cigar down to a stub, and flicked it in the ape-man's general direction, before walking off back to his Casa in Waterfront, there were some great thots awaiting him there.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $1,130,000 Tip

The man walked back to Seattle to find his "great thots" as Nathan finished translating the reply to Tookie Mongo, who stewed with great thoughts. Why had Konte insulted the interpreters speaking skills? Did he not know those words were coming from Tookie Mongo, via Nathan? Why did he think Nathan was standing next to a gorilla? Tookie was disheartened. It had defeated the whole point of the exchange. Nathan did not carry the presence Tookie Mongo did. He was just a man. Did Nathan enjoy his own voice? Perhaps, he had volunteered to speak for a gorilla after all. But his personal motives were none of Tookie's concern. What was most important was that he had learned nothing of the greater threat keeping people in power away from the streets. It was easy enough to see through the elaborate tale spun by Konte - he had nervously choked down that cigar so quickly he may as well have swallowed it - and something was keeping him from telling the truth. 

And so next of the important persons never to have been seen in the streets, ParadigmShift was dragged out to the king's court. 

"Tiny ape, why hide from street? Speak!"

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

CoconutRandy - another excellent piece of writing, Mr Coconut, from the undisputed king of writing.  You are the leading and guiding light on these Streets.

@Mateo-Konti had not previously come to my attention, but he made a decent effort at a linguistic counterstrike.  But whilst he might be powerful in many ways, and he appears to be a CL of some merit, he had his work cut out in the street speaking stakes against you.

Mr Coconut, I believe you should have received a cool ten million for your efforts.  I notice that many others have seen fit to tip you.  I have sent my account to reimburse you well for your work: You have tipped CoconutRandy the amount of $5,120,000 for their post.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Court Of The Primate King
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL