Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:16
Page:  1 
Inbreeding Started by: FlyingPig on Feb 15, '08 21:50
I am so disappointed right now. It seems I cannot step away from my job for one day without brothers and sisters fornicating all over the place and leaving their illegitimate spawn running amok on the streets.

After taking leave of absence on Valentine's Day, thus saving you all the humiliation of my complete dominance in a pointless gun battle, I come back to see, among other things, rogues complaining about lack of acceptance into the mainstream mafia, others stating that someone who bought an HQ in a city outside of their Bosses' home city should be deemed a "Captain", and Shuki being deemed literate enough to publish a newspaper. I hear talk of "rules" that apply to the powerful who enforce them, and of this thing called "fairness". Am I losing my mind, or is the collective I.Q. dropping faster than Tiggy's panties after a night of drunkeness with the Canuck's front line?

FlyingPig turns and walks toward the brick wall of a nearby building, slams his head against it one time, and returns to where he was speaking

Ok. I know that us true Sicilians like to keep our bloodlines pure, but maybe someone should write back to the mother country and ask them to send some more young ladies. We cannot keep screwing our sisters, or things will only get worse with our offspring.

You were welcomed into the mafia when you came to this land. You were not employed at a fish market or a grocery store. Things are a bit different in our line of work. The structure of La Cosa Nostra is based on power, not "rules". All this finger pointing and crying that someone did something wrong or didn't follow "the rules" is making Baby Jesus cry tears of blood. I seen him.

I'm going to make this really simple, fuckers. You can do whatever you can get away with. If you do something that you know will step on a few toes, you better ask yourself if you can get away with it. If you can't, don't come crying to the streets when someone shoots your sorry ass.

I thought mobsters were supposed to be streetwise. I've seen more streetwise pigeons in the park. At least they know to get the fuck out of the way when someone comes running into their pile of bread crumbs. All this crying about being wronged and doing what is "Fair" is going to land a mobster in a heap of trouble if they end up going to the joint. That might be the only place where a mobster will learn that his own strength is what is going to keep him alive, not appealing to some fictional "Rules". Try telling Bubba, when he sneaks off to your bunk in the middle of the night, that it is against the rules for him to be out of his own cell. He's not going to nod his head and walk away. He's going to teach you a lesson about who makes the "rules". And you'll be fornicating again, and not with your sister this time. At least there won't be any offspring.
Report Post Tip
You may as well take your words and give them to that wall there Pig, the idea of rules and everyone having a God given right to succeed is far too ingrained in the public conciousness to be eradicated with a single speech, sadly.

As I have only just remarked in OOC avenue, these nonsensical schools of thought are becoming increasingly common, and it's hard to see what solves the problem, death certainly doesn't and relaxation discipline is sure to only magnify the issue.

That being said, it is, as always, a minority that are showing us all in a bad light. Though this minority does seem to have increased recently, I have spotted a number of loyal mafioso's with the principles I admire which does give me cause for comfort.
Report Post Tip
Well then tell everyone to stop creating these so called rules and maybe we wouldn't have issues.

Especially since everyone's defense to me being killed: "You were friends with a rogue, rules state you die"

If there were no rules, we'd have no issue here surely. So I agree with you, but it doesn't work that way sadly.

Just like their excuse to go after Witchy: "Her member broke the rules, so she dies on vacation"

Rules were invented in this world for one purpose,

To give those who have no reason taking action, a reason to do so.
Report Post Tip
I can't remember where I heard it, but there are only two things certain in life. what a man can do, and what a man can't do.

If you've got the power and respect to make and unhold rules, then you can so.

If you've got the cunning and luck to get around those rules, then you do so.

but if you get iced because another more powerful man choose to make his own law, then you can't do shit about it.
Report Post Tip
I can't remember where I heard it, but there are only two things certain in life. *Death and Taxes*
Report Post Tip
This is something i really dont understand, how certain people will tell you "oh no you can't do that". This ever prevailing attitude of supposed limits on mafioso is ridulous.

At the end of the day this is the mafia. Rule breaking is an integral part of our way of life. Every day we go out rob 7/11's and occasionally we even kill people. Does it make sense that we take part in this sort of behaviour but there are other more mundane things that are disallowed.

However there are some rules that are in place to safeguard some important aspects of our way of life. For example respect at funerals is a must and anyone seen to be disobeying this will end up dead. We can do what we want to an extent but there are some things which will never be acceptable.
Report Post Tip
Maggie listens intently to the older folks in the conversation, then pipes up.

I think I'm going to throw my two bits at this chat, fellas. I have to agree with this. When my pals from Ireland told me I needed to head over here, I figured, "What the hell, at least I can get some kinda work." When I got here something bad had happened, because there were bodies everywhere, folks scrambling about like a kicked ant hill...it was a mess!

So now that the lead's not flying quite as much, things are calming down. I would think it'd be a time for celebration, but I hear a lot of people ranting and raving in the streets about rules and such. Back home, when we'd hear or read about the "Mafia" or "those mobsters in Amer-i-kay" It was almost with a sense of awe. These men, mostly softly spoken or unique in some other manner, holding entire areas in thrall with the threat of violence...the threat of retribution...bribes and greasing the right palms to get politicians to look the other way.

Did I get off the boat in the right place? I'm hearing a lot about accountability and worse, mob Bosses feeling the need to EXPLAIN themselves? Who am I to bring a boss to task because he decides to kill or not to kill someone? THEY'RE BOSSES. Christ Jesus, I hear about one of them pulling a gun and I'm praying to God that it's not near me! I tend to be more peaceful a person than perhaps some of my more violent countymen, but still! I didn't come over here and march up to a boss and say "Hey, I know so-and-so and you need to take me in." or "Hey, I'm blahdiblah! gimme ahome and lemme do what I want!"

To get that kind of maneuverability, you gotta do the same shit they did to get up there. Grease the right palms, smoothe the waters with the right folks.

She shrugs, lookinng sheepish. Okay so maybe it 's a bit more than two bits, but still. What i'm trying to say is I'm not here to play pattycake with the other mob families. I will respect them because that's what the boss tells me to do. I will fire at who he tells me to fire at, I'll play nice with who he says to play nice with.

Playing nice, though, doesn't mean i'm puckering up to anyone's arsecheeks just on principle. I can repect rank, even if I despise the person. When I signed on with my Boss, I told him I'd never bring disrespect to his family name.

Am I the only one who ever promises that? I think not.
Report Post Tip
I would tend to agree. There are rules, but those rules are not governed by the masses. They're governed by the family leaders, who, due to their power, can run things however they see fit at any particular moment in time.

There are certain codes, such as omerta, that we all adhere to for the sake of the greater gain, for the sake of this world we involve ourselves in. However, anything beyond that is decided by those in power. The rest of us get on with hard work, earning cash to share upward, and respecting those with more power than ourselves. To do otherwise is sheer folly and, to be honest, those complaining are often lucky to get off unpunished.
Report Post Tip
Jack overhears the conversation started by FlyingPig and decides he may be able to contribute

What we should remember is that our institutions exist for business purposes and at the end of the day everyone is within our way of life to succeed and better their current position. We must remember that for some to succeed others must fall and the idea of 'fairness' in a world where blood must be shed seemes ridiculous. As long as the code of Omerta is followed along with those other basic principles in which our mafia lives revolve such as respect, then nothing is 'unfair' and if you decide that this doesn't seem right to you, whomever you may be, perhaps you should decide not to take the path of your mothers and fathers. Ofcourse these are just my views and you may take them however you wish.

Basically, if you have the power to enforce the rules go for it, but if your father just died to a more powerful mob who are making their own 'rules' now, perhaps its time to settle down and start again, as opposed to shotuing your mouth off.

Jack decides to go and find his local speakeasy, turns to add a final comment.

Oh and I could swear I heard the word Democracy the other day in these streets. Since when have any of you voted for who controls our streets? This is the MAFIA this is NOT supposed to be democratic. Or am I just stuck in the past?

Resumes his original path to find a speakeasy
Report Post Tip
Yet another enlightening insight on this world of ours, from the one so dutifully called "Pig". Cause as we all know, we would all be lost without him. For he is the glue that holds us all together.

All hail the Mighty Pig, and the shit that spews from his face!!
Report Post Tip
I have a question!

"Shuki being deemed literate enough to publish a newspaper. "

What does that have to do with inbreeding?
Report Post Tip
Quite simply true. Perfectly stated. Get away with what you can, but don't start crying when you get shot for it.
Report Post Tip
Pantuseus, do you not like my words of infinite wisdom? Perhaps you could offer us your own opinions, then, instead of simply coming forward to make snide and sarcastic remarks towards me and my work. Really, why did you come to listen to me? If it was only to heckle me, it was your waste of time, not mine.

Or, if offering your own insights would require too much expended brainpower, we could lower ourselves to neanderthal tactics and have a duel, if my existence is such an affront to you.

Shuki, to answer your question, the whole rant has to do with inbreeding because that is what I am blaming for the poor decisions and displays of ignorance that I witnessed the day I made this speech. By the way, I think you would be a great newspaper editor, I was just messing with you.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Inbreeding
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL