Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:54:40
Page:  1 
Mead, Coin, and Black-Briars: Part III Started by: Gallus on Jan 05, '20 09:35

"Now was the time, all the coin that I had earned rested on this one job. Maven Black-Briar, one of the few people that could elevate me and give me a foothold in the world that I needed to pick my way into and this was it. The moment where everything could and would change, the life that we could have was going to coming for us."

"This is the chance that I have waited for, Black-Briar Mead, it was all ready for the taking. Nothing was stopping us, the organized thieves from getting our hands onto it. The true cash that we could make off of this one job, it would set us up for life."

"And this was it, the job of a lifetime."

Walking the warehouse floor of the Imperalius Corporation was something that Bernard Green did with little care. No one had the balls to even approach them, let alone store anything here. It was all just a front to keep the valuable loot that Tullius wanted out of enemy hands, still, it paid well and he was not going to complain. 

The shift was rarely anything special, nothing really occurred, the occasional drunken scream coming from down the street and then a few rowdy people wanting to come inside. He decided to sit down in his booth, watching the driveway and noticing a few people. They were his fellow co-workers, not that he knew any of them that well, he was more of a loner and he enjoyed it that way. 

Bernard popped open a can of beer, not even noticing the shadowy blur behind him before all he knew was darkness and his beer clattered to the floor with a thud that did not gain the attention of the others outside. It would seem like business as usual and that is exactly what the shadowy figure wished for. 

This figure seemed to be lithe and smooth in their approach, not brutish and used the shadows to their advantage. Not relying on their personal strength but on their soft footsteps and their quickness. They seemed to hold a quiet presence, one that no one would notice and simply pass of. Something that helped considering things, it did seem like this person was a professional of another calibre entirely. 

"What's this I hear about Tullius and a few of his trusted generals robbing that truck? You know what that does to us?"

The figure chuckled softly, sounding quite amused with how these underlings spoke of their own boss. It seemed to be something they did with little care. Considering how the other came with a response that sounded all too disrespectful. 

"Tullius always does this, it's nothing new. I'm just here for the big payday, so I can get out of here and head down to Vegas for a weekend. Get the hell out of dodge, lord knows what comes next with Maven and Tullius trading blows."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Crouched behind a crate, the figure smirked, deciding to leave them to it and began wandering around. Trying to find that truck, only to then notice something new, another figure seemed to be in the office and by the looks of things. This was not someone who belonged or even worked in the imperalius warehouse.

Sneaking up the stairway, they decided to approach the figure, holding a dagger to their neck before a soft chuckle also escaped them. It seemed to hold deep respect before a touch of fondness seeped into their voice. 

"You know Sapphire, I have to wonder if you just show up on the missions that I go to, just to surprise me. As far as I know, Maven didn't hire any other thieves for this kind of work...or maybe, you didn't know about this."

The resident leader of LA's thieves spoke in that familiar tone of his as he addressed the other thief. Knowing exactly who she was and knowing that she was now on the same job as him, he felt a bit more comfortable but this was going to be something that they had to address for the future. 

"I didn't know about the job, I was told by our favourite bartender at Luckies. He wanted me here to make sure you didn't get caught, something tells me you're charming all sorts of people, Gal."

Shaking his head, the master thief moved on and decided to monitor the two guards outside, knowing that he was just collecting some logs and things of interest. Maybe catch the manifest of when the next shipment would be coming in, that was something which would needed to be addressed with the other leaders as well. 

"I know I am, something that happens either way with me. I am just the type of man that people wish to bed or do business with, I guess that just works in my favour sometimes. Being a thief and one who knows how to talk himself out of a certain situation has its benefits, which leads me to where I am right now."

Sapphire shrugged, her eyes roaming over the desk and noticing a few things out of place. Gallus was a man of many things but when things were urgent, he seemed to be one of the rushers, someone who wanted the job over and done with sometimes. That to her spelt it out in bold. He was nervous and that wasn't right, Gallus was never nervous. 

He was the 'proclaimed' undisputed leader of thieves, many people could try to unite all of them under one banner and make them into something organized but very few had the charisma and balls to stand up and say they would be the one to speak and lead them into a new era. 

Report Post Tip

Him being nervous, well, it made her nervous and that was not good for the future of this job, therefore, she needed to make sure that he was calm and ready to give this job the best that it deserved from people like them. 

"Huh, and where are you right now Gallus? I mean state of mind wise. Cause looking at this point, it seems like a fucking horse gave this room the once over and decided to scatter. This is unlike you, so why don't you calm down and make sure that those two fuckups outside don't hear ya. I already knocked the one by the watch post out."

Blunt and somehow caring, Gallus knew that among thieves, very few had the code that his fellow leaders did. Sapphire, Vex, Bryn, Delvin, Rudin, and himself, they all worked together sometimes and that led to them becoming stronger and building alliances due to it. 

"Heh, Saph, I have to wonder if your boys would be good with you showing such a hint of sentimentality underneath that facade of uncaring bluntness that you usually show. It warms me to see you care for me in such a manner, though I know it's more for my wellbeing than the promise of a serious payday from the Black-Briars, you have my thanks for that."

Continuing his watch, he motioned for Saph to take that position, just as he wished to make sure that he could get back to what he was doing before and that was getting information. Seeing what else he could remove from Tullius' coffers, it would help and bring the thieves some serious renown around the cities. No one had been known to steal from the Imperalius Corp and survive. 

And considering that there were so many different thievery groups out there, it would be impossible to place him or any of the others at the warehouse. He had the perfect alibi, he was busy celebrating with Karliah at the Ragged Tavern...something of the local spot for thieves in LA, they couldn't exactly deal with glitz and glamour. 

"But anyway, I am like that because of many reasons. Now that I can see it's affecting my work, I'll have to adjust accordingly but be sure that I am able and prepared to move ahead with what I have planned, for all of us."

Saph shook her head, watching with wide eyes as the two watchdogs suddenly became aware of their fellow worked being down and out. Well...this was going south and not in a good way, muttering a 'shit' underneath her breath, the violet-eyed woman decided to turn to Gallus who had already finished up. 

"It seems our dearest friends are now getting brave in their work now and we will have to show them the prowess of thieves in LA. Are you ready for that, dear jewel?"

A smirk had tugged at its lips, seemingly all-natural and it didn't waver, Gallus dashed off, sprinting down the staircase before Saph scoffed. A smirk appearing on her own lips before dashing off after him, the two of them now in their element and ready to truly begin this caper, knowing that they could discuss whatever they needed to, later. 

Report Post Tip

"You know, this could have been prevented if we saved all the talking for when we could have just robbed the truck straight away. What the heck were you even doing in the offices anyway Gallus?"

The master thief raised his brow, he had explained why he had been there, correct? He snorted, maybe he hadn't and was too caught up in wondering why Saph had been there. Either way, it was something that had now helped him. 

Having not to worry about watching his back, he knew that she had him covered and so he was good with that. He knew that Saph would never let anything befall him and so he kept his wits about him, focusing on the two guards that were currently patrolling looking for the would-be robbers. 

"Looking for some things, trying to find out who this big buyer for the stolen 'mead' was and if I can get them to think about doing business elsewhere. Maybe I could make something out of this, get some money from both ends, Maven owes us a favour and we save this big buyer from trying to get stolen goods from one of the biggest families around."

A smirk then tugged at Saph's lips, always thinking ahead with what was to come. She enjoyed that about the man himself, he was something of a bright shining star on occasion. He had potential to be something or anything else and he had decided to set his sights on this low-ball game of being a thief, something that obviously made him a few dollars here and there.

Report Post Tip

Sapphire though, looking into his eyes, it was something that she couldn't even begin to see. He had a vision for everything and he wished to see it through. Maybe he was looking for that and she just couldn't see it, many people had discussed that, when Gallus saw something they didn't, he was always so bold to see it through and maybe that is just what they needed right now. 

"Well...you certainly leave much to be imagined. Let's just get this done, I don't want to have to explain to Brynjolf that some of the shit you do is off-record and involves a wide plan introducing many things."

The master thief shrugged, knowing exactly what he was planning to do in the next few months. Many things were coming and many had to be ready, this was just the beginning and how it would affect all the thieves. How they would be able to get jobs and how it would earn them as much money as the mob. It would be a connection and all roads began with the black-briar family, this was their start. 

Dashing off into the warehouse, noticing the dark brown truck. Gallus could only stare at it for a moment before beginning with the cat-like agility that had not got him noticed. Gallus could only pick the lock of the backdoors for a moment before he heard the tell-tale click and he smiled, opening the doors as he came face too well...crate with the numerous number of booze that had been labelled under the black-briar name.

"You got it? Nice, you know where we're driving to, Gallus?"

Report Post Tip

He tilted his head, exactly where it was possible to drop this thing. Maven would be entertaining a bunch of celebrities and people from Hollywood from some big movie that was coming out soon, it would be something helpful for them. Meeting Maven would no doubt begin the plans he had in mind for his people.

"We're going to The Eros Club. Maven will be there and so will all her business partners. This is the moment where everything changes for us Saph. We're going to be rolling in the fucking money soon enough and this is how we do it."

With a sigh, Gallus turned his head and motioned to the two guards now, both of whom had been taken care of by now. They had since wandered off into the night, deciding that nothing of note was happening, seemingly passing it off to the fact that their co-worker had passed out on the job due to drinking too much. 

Sapphire watched the master thief for a moment. She wouldn't admit it but there was a certain allure to the man, though she would never say that out loud. He was just too different and here he was preparing something that she would never think to imagine, a unification. Something that happened between all the thieving groups. 

Doing that, it would bring attention to them, something not needed. Then again, something else came along with this formation. The thieves would begin to see the benefits and there was one man that was going to lead them into this new era, Gallus, the master thief. 

"Yeah I trust ya Gallus and just so you know, I haven't been told about anything regarding the thieves and their take in this. Bryn hasn't spoken to me in days and I'm pretty sure that I should be getting a smooth cut. Considering that I am the one that actually assisted you in this style, no one else came, then again, it isn't exactly their domain."

A smile now spread upon her lips as she took in Gallus, noticing how he seemed to be uneasily raising his eyebrow. He could possibly see what she was alluding too but he always wanted people to be straight up, about their cuts in this endeavour.

"Get it out of your lips and say it, Saph. I don't have time to worry about your possible allegiances in regards to your take in this mater. All the leaders will be getting a sizeable cut, that includes the ones who helped me before you showed up. Now, anything else before we can go off into the distance and finally begin what needs to happen?"

She shook her head, stepping into the truck as Gallus stepped into the driver's seat and started the car with ease. A bellowing laugh left him as he could finally see the end of this, the beginning of the guild....the thieves guild.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mead, Coin, and Black-Briars: Part III
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL