Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 04:57:12
Page:  1 
Thieves Have No Honour: Part I Started by: Gallus on Jan 08, '20 10:16

"You almost had us fooled Maven, you're working with common thieves? Mercenaries? That is not something I expected. You really do need to fight this Imperalius Corporation that you're bringing in the common riff-raff, what would your father think of this, hm?"

Maven spoke with her closest retainers, they wished to be informed of this newest alliance. With this organization coming to be known as a thieves guild. This was something that they obviously disliked with quite the passion, she was different though. She had met the man and knew he would never betray, even considering that he was here among her people. 

"Well. Leopold is long since dead, Tyrus. Do not speak of what you do not understand, this deal with the thieves gives us plenty of benefits. Even the man here himself is the one that came to me, bringing back the stolen mead which left us with sizeable debt. We were short one truck and people thought that it was the time we were losing our power, with these thieves, we can show them we still run things."

Everyone turned to look at Gallus, the man sipped his tea with some ease. Knowing that his reputation among the business associates of Black-Briar Inc was not the best, even right now, he was someone that they viewed with disdain. He was a thief and had probably robbed a few of them in his time on the streets.

"Well, I know that working with thieves bring us nothing. They have no honour, they would stab you in the back for the next paycheck from a bigger and worse corporation. Do you really believe that he can give you what our men cannot? We would have found Tullius eventually, made sure he paid for defying the rule we have installed for you."

Gallus let lose a mighty chuckle, only it got more crazed, seemingly annoyed but it was Maven that was calm among everyone else. She could see that when someone questioned the Scotsman honour, something was bound to follow and it was not going to be good, she should have controlled her men. Still, she was oddly fascinated to see the lengths that he would go too, just who he would try to target this onto. 

The Scotsman, however, had different thoughts, every time, they would be chipping away at his honour. They had no clue what thieves like him had turned down for honour's sake and how it would change them each time, men without honour did anything they wished to do and that was how it worked in this world. He knew though, that none of them had any idea of what he could do to them. 

"Fallin, your name is Fallin Vice-Kingston of Kingston Automotives. Your father is in jail for working with the Italian Mob, more specifically, Race Street Company, the Tops branch. He played a game with them and got burned for it, we were hired to plant evidence that would see him in prison for life."

Report Post Tip

The room had gone deathly quiet, there was nought a whisper, only the soft intakes of breath coming from the opposite end of the table. Fallin had turned pale, no one had known that and his father was currently in jail, still, ties to the mob was something that everyone in this room had. Whether they wished to admit it or not. 

Maven though, she was coming to admire the Scotsman. He had the balls to make men listen to him, he was making sure they knew what he could do and what he wished to do. Though she could tell, there was another side to this story, something that he was waiting to say as he casually sipped his tea. 

"My group of thieves remained out of it, so did the groups associated with me. They did not wish to get involved with that side of life. It meant nothing to us and still means nothing, we are making money not destroying lives. BUT, do not mistake our kindness and rules for a weakness. We will act, we will kill and we will destroy any life that gets in the way of our business. Now, can we move on? Tullius is calling for war."

The rest of the room had effectively been silenced, barely hearing the last words uttered by the Guildmaster. He was not declaring war but he was definitely saying there would be blood until the debt owed to them was paid if it came to that. It rocked them, they knew what Maven said, the man was a pacifist if necessary, though now, they wished to adjust that sentiment. 

Gallus was no brute who made it clear his intentions and that he would be killing them if it came to it. No, he was telling them with words, he was telling them upfront that it would happen if he was betrayed or snubbed like some common thug. That was what made it scary for the associates of Maven, the woman herself was having such thoughts about the man who silenced the room with his words. 

"What is this about Tullius? The old cunt should not be discussing plans of war, he would be wiped off the face of the earth. He would not challenge Maven or any of us for that matter, what are your sources?"

Randall, one of the arrogant bastards who stood with the less adjusted. He knew that he should have possibly been fearful of what Gallus had alluded too but he knew his power, the man would not be coming anywhere near him. Though he could see others, they did not stand with him and seemed less ready to make an enemy of the man. 

"Spies, I have them all over the cities. If I wish to know about a possible enemy, all I have to do is call one of them. They tell me plenty of things and one of them is that Tullius knows of Maven receiving her shipment, he wishes to bring fury onto her. We can't counter that but the thing is, we'd need men and Tullius needs guns."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

One thing that Black-Briar Inc did not deal in was their own mercenary company, they only hired it out and this was one of those things. It led to many things, disgruntled workers and men who lost work due to the Black-Briars only needing them a short time and now they were left with this, a possible war breaking out.

"It's easy for him to get guns now, the trade has been passed around so many times that it's landing with the Irish Mob, Devlin O'Leary runs that shit and I'd rather not deal with him right now. We have our own guns, what's the point you're getting at here, Gallus?"

Gallus knew what he was getting at, they only needed men and Devlin was a man that limited his gun trade. Especially with people like Tullius, it would take him ages to get a deal with Devlin. It led him here, they could easily gather some men and it would give them this chance. 

"Devlin is known to be a bit off with dealing with people like you, he doesn't want the feds coming down on him. So he's going to be a little hesitant with this little deal. You guys though? You have it already, all you need is the men and you guys have people all across the fucking cities wanting to work with you. Give them this chance, tell them to head to the Black-Briar Longue and talk with a guy named Rudin, he'll teach them the way."

It wasn't that bad, though it relied on the likes of an Irishman and that was something which gnawed at the group of directors. They would be leaving their fates up to well...fate and that was what left them feeling a bit nervous.

"You want us to play this game? This could lead to the end of us within moments, while we're doing this Gallus, just what will you and your organization be doing during this? How will you assist us in this possible war?"

His classic smirk was now on his lips, something that Maven noticed and it was obvious to those who could see the look of understanding in her eyes that the man had already thought about this. He already had a plan in mind for Tullius and his organization, maybe he would prove to them that he was indeed a valuable asset to have around. 

"I and the thieves guild will be removing some merchandise on the move, a shipment he has come into his warehouse. We know when and we know where we'll be dealing with that and bringing it to one of our fences. Of course, this will not destabilize Tullius but we will make it look like he has two problems to deal with. Who, in his mind, is the one to deal with first? We will be making sure that he deals with one of us."

Gallus did not stay, he simply stood from his seat, winking at Maven and walking out, knowing that he had some work to do. Though a thought did ring out in his head, as a thief, did he truly do things for honour's sake? He guessed that he would be finding that out and soon.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Thieves Have No Honour: Part I
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL