Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:23:59
Page:  1 
Getting Introduced Started by: LunaBaloona on Jan 17, '20 00:25

Luna Baloona didn't know what was in store for the next coming days. She slowly became accustomed to the luxury life at the estate, and she was warming up to Maria who acted like a mother figure for her. She was very grateful. After the day that she was literally picked up off the streets, she was feeling much better. She was eating and drinking properly as well as going back to her normal sleep schedule. Luna even asked Maria if she could go to the local library and read for a bit. But Maria insisted that she should have a look at the estate's library. "We have one of our own!" She said proudly with a wide smile, and showed Luna the way. Luna was amazed at the wonderful variety of books displayed on the shelf. From French Culture to Famous Literature. Luna didn't even have to leave the house. Everything was here. Anything she wanted was at her feet. She really had to get herself used to this now. But a few days passed and she started to get real bored. One day at breakfast, Luna stopped to ask Maria. "What does my grandfather do? He's always not here. And I notice that he has to have guards everywhere he goes. Why?" Maria knew that Luna was an intelligent girl deep inside. She knew that soon she would get asked about his duties. It was expected. How can you live in this big estate and not wonder how it got to this? Maria dropped the cloth on the kitchen sink in front of her and scooted over towards Luna who sat at the breakfast counter. Luna didn't know what to expect at all when Maria told her the truth. 

"Your grandfather, my dear... He is very respected in the streets. His ancestors were all part of the mafia. When he was just a little boy, he was already getting involved with the underground organization, so it was no surprise that he was to take over the family business when he was old enough. He is never home, I'm sure you notice. That's because he's at work. Whether that's meeting with clients, sorting out things at the main headquarters or providing protection services. He does alot of things. Maybe you'd like to see for yourself one day?" The implication that Luna would ever delve in such criminal activities was way out of line, she thought. But Luna was still curious. She had once heard of the mafia by eavesdropping on a conversation. The streets, especially night, was already full with low life gangsters in the dark alleyways. Luna passed by them once and overheard them talking about potential drug buyers. Rich mob bosses apparently. Luna nodded slowly. She picked at her sausage and eggs, thinking about her question. Luna was bored to death in this house. She looked up at Maria. "Should... we let him know that I'm coming?" Luna could see that Maria looked oddly happy about this. What Luna didn't know was that she was to be next in line. The heiress. Maria knew this without the Don telling her. It was obvious, wasn't it? Luna was already at the right age for it. All she needed now was experience and training, which she would surely get. "No, no. Don't worry about all that. Just go get ready and a car will come get you. Your grandfather will be very happy to see you." 

Maria couldn't wipe the smile off her face and Luna felt a little confused, but she did as she was told and went upstairs to get ready. The shower was so big that it was probably bigger than the size of her apartment. Cold. The water was cold. Shit! She quickly adjusted the water to a more lukewarm temperature. Ah. That was better. The shower only took five minutes and she brushed her teeth quickly. Her long hair was left to dry. Soon it would turn into dry efortless waves. There were so many different clothes to pick from but she settled on a beige cardigan over a white singlet with some light blue jeans. Pastel blue sandals for the final touch. When she looked in the vanity mirror, she noticed that she looked a little plain. There was a box of diamodn earrings on her bedside table. She figured that Maria left this for her while she was in the shower. She decided to put them in her ear. When Luna came downstairs, Maria was already trying to shove her out the house. "Derrick's outside, dear. Here, have this in case you get hungry," she tucked a few dollar bills into Luna's hand. Luna was just about to say thank you but Maria shook her head. "Well don't make him wait, dear! He has other things to attend as well, you know." Luna nodded without another word and exited the house. Maria was right. He was already there, waiting for her. She looked at the car. I'm going to get dropped off... in that? 

A beautifully designed car. A 1933 Packard Twelve Stationary Coupe. She stood at the bottom of the steps with googly eyes for a while until Derrick snapped her back to reality. "Are you done yet?" A robotic, firm voice spoke aloud. Luna rolled her eyes. Geez... someone had their cereal pissed on this morning. What was up this guy? She got inside the car and didn't bother to say anything else to him. Derrick didn't say anything to her either. To say that the ride was painfully awkward is an understatement.  

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $260,000 Tip

From all that awkwardness in the car, turns out it had put Luna right to sleep. She woke up in a fright when the car suddenly halted. A spot of saliva was left on the window and strands of her hair was pointing in all sorts of directions. Derrick was.. oblivious. He simply turned off the engine before getting out of the car, heading inside, not even turning back to see if she was coming. Um, okay. Rude? Luna was tempted to have a chat with him. Maybe not now, but soon. There was something interesting about him that she couldn't quite pinpoint. She smoothed down her hair and nodded into the rearview mirror, satisfied with her look. Then she hopped out of the car and made her way towards the entrance of what looked like the main headquarters. So this is where her Grandfather spent most of his time, huh? It looked very secure from the outside. Metal gates, guards who had to check your identity before letting you enter who were also equipped with guns. Luna found herself standing in front of two men analyzing her. "Name?" One of them didn't hesitate to show the sign of a gun in his hip holster. Luna swallowed and tucked a hand into one of her jean pockets as a nervous mechanism. "Well," she looked up at the guards and bit her lip, "I was actually with Derrick but he left me in the car, and I'm also the granddaughter of-.." Suddenly the two guards were interrupted by Derrick who came back outside. He shot a menacing look towards Luna and put a hand on one of the guards shoulders. "She's with me. Someone couldn't keep up, it appears." 

Luna was absolutely dumbstruck. She couldn't believe how much of an asshole he could be. Instead of retailiating, she simply walked past him and headed inside. She saw her grandfather talking to some people. She was shy to just approach him all of a sudden so she waited a bit until he was finished. Don Tindilini saw her before she could say hello. "You made it. I'm glad to see that you're feeling better. Derrick dropped you off?" He asked her as he was signing some papers before handing them over to a lady. Luna smiled, despite the interaction with Derrick that ruined her day. "Maria has been a big help. She's actually the one who told me I should come here and see what you do." Tindilini threw back his head and chuckled. He knew that Maria would do something like that. Of course, she probably had a lot of knowledge about the mafia and how it works. Luna looked around and for the first time noticed that this wasn't a typical office building. She started to think about what her life would've been if she was stuck in a 9-5 office job. And she came to a shameful realization that she had never worked a day in her life. Her face looked sunken and Tindilini noticed this. He already knew what she was thinking before she could say anything. Tindilini knew that she was probably feeling overwhelmed and definitely curious about the things he does. He didn't want to shock her with the news that she would take over the family business soon. Little steps first. He gave her a warm smile. The kind of smile that a father gives to her daughter when reassuring her that everything would be fine. 

"Come with me. I wanna introduce you to some people." Tindilini led her up some stairs and through some hallways before they reached a large meeting room. Luna felt shy again to be face to face with so many different people that she didn't know, but if Tindilini knew them, she assumed that they were good people. Some of them smiled at her, others were too concentrated on the documents in front of them. "Everyone, I want to introduce you all to my granddaughter LunaBaloona. I hope you all can make her feel at home as I'll be showing her how we manage our duties here." Luna smiled, though she was feeling a bit bad that she may have been interrupting them. But they all seemed to be cheerful about her presence. One of the ladies that sat at the meeting table stood up to greet her personally. She skipped the awkward handshake and reached in for a hug, which surprised Luna, but she appreciated the kind gesture nonetheless. "It's good to have you on board, Luna. My name is Kittie and I hope to see your potential in the coming days." Potential? Luna didn't know what the hell she was takling about. She proceeded to maintain her smile as she thanked her. "It's nice to meet you Kittie." Luna's elbow was gently grabbed as Tindilini greeted everyone a "goodbye for now". When Luna and Tindilini reached another corridor, he let her enter the room first. Luna suspected that this is the part where she gets told the truth about why she's here. She entered the room and assumed that this was his office. It was simple, but classy. 

"I think you are dying to know, Luna." 

"I am."

He stared at her through his seemingly wretched and tired eyes. Then he pulled out a document from the file cabinet behind him. He gave it to her and let her read through it before continuing. Something in the file caught her eye. Patient showing signs of Subcortical Vascular Dementia... 

Luna had only known her grandfather for a few days but already felt like her whole world was tumbling. He didn't have to say anything. She already knew.

And she would say yes, if it meant giving her grandfather a peace of mind before his last days. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Unbeknownst to Luna, the decision she made on the first day at the headquarters would change the course of her life. Tindilini couldn't think of anyone else better to replace his spot. But even being given the title, she knew that she had a lot to learn in the mafia business. On the second day, early in the morning, she was already up and having breakfast. She almost had a whole feast to herself from all the anxiety she was feeling. Maria took this as an opportunity to instill some courage in her. Her anxiousness made Maria concerned. "My, you are certainly hungry today aren't you? You're going to kick ass there okay? Trust me." Luna smiled embarassingly as she looked up, pausing from taking a bite in her eggs. She took a little amusement out of Maria saying the word 'ass' but she appreciated her being supportive. "I just don't know what to expect..." The last thing she wanted to do was dissapoint everyone who was starting to believe in her. A beep from outside startled her and she dropped her utensils on the plate. Maria hurried over to see who it was and signalled to Luna with a smile that her ride was here. "It's Derrick. Go on, dear. Have a good day today." During the time that Luna was spending with Maria, she had gotten very used to her company and Maria insisted that Luna called her 'Ma' from now on. Luna got off the stool, grabbed her bag and shot a warm smile towards her. "Thanks Ma. I'll try." Then she walked out the door and braced herself for another terribly awkward interaction with Derrick. She wasn't sure if he was up for any conversation. Luna just hopped into the car and prayed that she wouldn't have to deal with him being an asshole again.

"Excuse me?" The robotic voice snapped. Feeling confused, Luna looked at him through the rearview mirror. "What?" She replied. Derrick stared at her for a few more seconds. He literally looked like he was going to explode any minute. He seemed to be finding something amusing. Was it something she said? Something she did that might have offended him? Derrick finally spoke. "You were thinking out loud. I never knew I was such an asshole," he tried to hide the smile that was threatening to appear on his face but failed miserably. Luna caught it through the mirror and she turned bright red as she realized what she had done. "I-.." But fortunately, Derrick waved it off and shook his head. He started the engine and drove to the headquarters. Now Luna really wanted to die. An apology was definitely due, but she felt now that anything she said from thereon would be held against her. She felt like sinking into her seat never to be seen again. When she got to the headquarters, she quickly hopped out of the car and passed by the guards who let her through. Her face was going to become a lot more familiar now, judging from the friendly smiles she was already receiving from people. But there were others - giving her nasty looks that made her feel like 'the new foster kid' all over again. It wasn't a good feeling. She suddenly felt like an outcast. She took a deep breath, trying to hold herself together. Luna followed the same path she took yesterday to her grandfather's office. She thought someone was calling her name, but she thought it might have been just a coincidence. 

"Grandfather?" She said once she entered the room, taking light steps, almost tip toeing. He was at his desk, his head in his hands. When he heard his granddaugthers voice, his whole demeanor changed completely and he wasn't the same old tired man he was before she walked in. She sat down on the single leather seat in front of him. Set her purse down. Tindilini took out a wide yellow envelope and placed it in front of her with the intention of not trying to scare her but to inform her of what was to come. Luna took his gesture as an invitation to look through it and she did - inside the folder was a list of tasks that she had to accomplish. She tensed. "I... I've never done something like this before." If there was one thing she noticed first, it was that almost everything listed was an illegal activity. Like, come on... extortion was a task? Tindilini saw her worried look but tried to assure her. She liked the fact that he was caring but firm at the same time. "These things are necessary, dear. You have to learn the ways of the mafia and how we make money. We have many business ventures but I want to get you started on the basics. Then you can work your way up from there. Now you won't have to worry about doing this alone. You'll have someone with you, acting as a guide. They can't do everything for you." Luna took a minute for her to process everything, but she trusted her grandfather's words. A rush of relief flowed through her veins knowing that she was going to have someone watching her every move, at least. Tindilini tilted his head, waiting for her approval. Luna breathed deeply in and out. She stood up and held out her hand for her grandfather to shake it. "I'll do it." Her grandfather's eyes twinkled with joy as it looked like tears were going to come out of them. He stood up as well, ignoring the handshake, and came in for a hug instead. 

"You'll do great, dear. Before we know it, you'll be micromanaging the whole business." 

Luna pulled away from the hug and smiled. "So who am I working with?" 

Suddenly there were footsteps at the entrance of his office and Tindilini nodded his head towards whoever it was that just entered. "Derrick. You'll be working with Derrick." 

Luna turned around and saw him leaning against the door frame. He ignored her presence and was looking at Tindilini with a serious but attentive face. She forced a smile on her own face, her teeth grinding against each other. Agent asshole, we meet again...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Getting Introduced
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL