Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 05:44:58
Page:  1 
This thing we do. Started by: Orion on Jan 19, '20 03:52

What's your motivation? Wherever you are, why are you there? Is it money? Power? Respect? Fame? Fun? What do you want? When you whisper in an ear or take a shot you better know why you're doing it. Know who you're loyal to. Know who's loyal to you.

Every structure is waiting to implode. It's kinetic. Are you the reason it's still standing or are you trying to bring it down? Or do you not matter at all?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

An interesting enquiry and a valiant attempt at initiating quite the engaging conversation about a hotbed issue commonplace amidst the people that occupy these streets.

I can speak of my personal motivation, as I am sure so many others can to theirs. The illusions of power and glory have never really seduced me. It is stories I seek, filled with secrets and scandal. Stories I can submerge myself in as I unravel the suspense leisurely. Stories I can share with like-minded inhabitants so they too may immerse themselves into fantasy while forgoing distractions of worlds distant and distracting, yet corporeal.

Having made my confession Mr. Orion, I wish to elucidate the delicious paradox of the conversation you have begun, at least as it is visible to my admittedly limited eyes.

Though there will be those that view confessions here with judgements that have come from their respective experiences, valuing certain contributions and disregarding others, there will be ambitious skeptics who sit behind facades that let them continue with their ulterior motives.

Tell me, good Sir, would it be in their best interest to simply hide in the shadows and let this conversation slip by unanswered? Or should they choose to double down on their bluff and make bold proclamations about their unending(fabricated) loyalty to a city or a cause? Should their leaders view them with suspicion for not flaunting their allegiance, or should proclamations implant doubts? What of those that were innocent in their beliefs, loyal as much as anyone can be in these troubled times? Should they now begin to plan for the paranoia that this conversation has the potential to inspire?

Report Post Tip

Furious best way is to pass over respect and having fun diuring the journey. Money and power aint so important as the first ones, but it always both hood to be both a bit rich and powerfull but on the way the most important things is to be as respectful you can be and also having so much fun you can, life to short to not have a laugh or two.

Report Post Tip

Revenant recalls something he heard once from his priest. Sitting here waiting to attend another bunch of funerals it weighs heavy on his mind today.
"Why do we respect the dead and do not hold ill will tward them? They have paid the ultimate price for their mistakes. Now they will be meeting their ultimate judgement for everything they did in their life. They will answer now to God and one day you will too. Judge not lest ye be judged"

Report Post Tip

But we will be judged. All of us, like you just said. So....

For me the funeral issue is more about paying respect to those gathered and to the wishes of the families.

Report Post Tip

It's always good to pay the deepest respect to all deaths, no one knows what happens when we all are dead what heppens so it's the best to have been a nice one or else it's not so good to be dead.....perhaps.

Report Post Tip

I'm under no illusions that being silent at a funeral is going to tip the scales of eternal judgement in my favor after what I've done and will continue to do. But it will postpone the lodging of a bullet in my skull.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: This thing we do.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL