Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:40:25
Page:  1 
Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part I Started by: JakePeralta on Jan 23, '20 03:14

"Peralta, Peralta, Jake, Jake!" 

Detective Peralta jumped up from his desk, looking over at his partner in crime. He twisted his face, wondering why she had to disturb him, he had just been witnessing one of the greatest finds in his career. 

"What Santiago? Can't you see? Some of us actually deem it fit to sleep at our desks when working undercover..."

His partner shook her head, deciding to reach inside her bag for a bag of baked goods as she tossed him a doughnut. Like a bloodhound, he snatched it out of midair and proceeded to chomp down on the jam-filled doughnut. 

"There we go, now come on, we need to get you back to the Candyland coven as its called. Have you found out why the leader has deemed to call it such? One would think that it has some connection to drugs but from the intel we've received, nothing of that sort seems to be moving through Vegas."

Santiago was the professional and the one who collected the intel, being the woman in the chair as Jake always wanted to be hands-on with the practical side of some cases. It's why they always made such a good team, like right now. Though sometimes, Jake was the second and while he was horrendous at it, he was learning. 

Jake, the self-proclaimed greatest detective in the 99th Precinct of the LVPD, while some of these cops had taken briberies. Jake was a different breed, sometimes, things needed to be sorted out through different means with these criminals and he was the guy for that job. 

"You won't find anything remoted to drugs with her, she's clean as a whistle and trust me, I checked. Nothing is being leaked, no news, anything. She has Vegas locked down pretty tight, ever since that Homer fella went and got sent back to Springfield."

The news of the head of the underworld being removed forcefully from his position by the big cats in the Federal Bureau of Investigation was a surprise. Those guys barely moved for anything and here they were, dispensing justice and now Las Vegas, it was apparently losing its grip. Something that Jake could not allow, he needed this gig, for different reasons than the case. 

He had worked out a deal, of sorts, he was not taking bribes or anything dirty of that sort. He was looking for the Pontiac Bandit, the man that been evading for over two years, now he hoped to find him and maybe he could see if some of the connections with the Coven could help. It was all apart of a bigger game for him and this was it. 

"Hmm, well Boyle did pick something up, apparently a runner for one of the small-time gangs around the strip. Says he has some information on the coven, you better get out of here, we don't need anyone knowing your real job, right?"

The detective nodded, snatching up the bag of baked goods and heading on his way out, passing his captain. Nodding to the man before heading into the elevator, he knew this was it, time to act like the bad guy and surprisingly, he was good at it. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Stepping into the extravagant restaurant, Jake was met by a greeter immediately shaking his hand, trying to remove his windbreaker. Something that he wished to keep on, even if it never had the LVPD logo attached, he would decide that he liked being in windbreaker city. 

Noticing something in the corner of his eye, it seemed that one of his fellow detectives were here, though he forgot his name, he would always remember the douche. Pembrook, otherwise known by The Vulture. A sleazy cop who had picked up more hookers than any of the Police department employees combined. 

"Peralta, what are you doing here? The burger joint is another street over, on a corner. You've never dined in such scenery before.."

Gritting his teeth, he was about to deck the son of a bitch before his senses kicked in, they were being watched. Turning his head, he noticed a figure in the back, seemingly speaking with a man, her white hair stood out and he knew who she was. QueenFrostine, leader of the CandyLand Coven and this made it impossible, he would wish to make a good impression. 

Pembrook seemed to notice the same thing, noticing the lack of gear or the fact that Peralta was not sporting his piece. Something that only happened on breaks, meetings, dinners or undercover assignments. Now even he, a sleazy detective knew the protocol and was not going to endanger the life of a fellow officer. 

"Hey, grab a chair and sit down, we may just be able to work something out..."

Jake, the man he was, knowing a deal when he saw one, he pulled up that chair and decided to lean forward, waving down the server for some orange beverage. Maybe a canned drink or grape juice, something that at least stuck out to him and made him feel a little more comfortable. 

"What do you want Pembrook? Obviously we have some kind of deal to work out but that was already in the cards from how you waved me down like the common thug. So tell me, what exactly would you have me do?"

The detective, knowing that Peralta had no respect or anything in regard to a liking decided the best approach was to be blunt about this. 

"I want you to remove some obstacles for me, a few rookies are trying to, ya know, be some boy scouts and stop the deliverance of some goods that are supposed to be delivered in Chicago. Now, I don't have to tell you that the Chicago PD and Madeline Wuntch won't be happy with not having the shipment that was promised, got that?"

Jake knew this was more to save his hide, everyone knew that Madeline had Chicago under a nice lock and key, stopping that shipment, well it was a sign that things were changing in the underworld and in the police. Something that had Jake rattled, he decided to breathe a sigh of relief once he received his orange soda. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,002 Tip

This would be good for him, while Pembrook was not necessarily dirty, in the way that he didn't take bribes. He did see a mutually beneficial alliance with the mob, same way that Jake did and it often helped to keep the other afloat but when things came to it, Pembrook was an officer of the law and knew that things could not always remain peachy. 

"Where is this shipment? I need to be able to get back here soon, I got a thing."

Pembrook raised his eyebrow, it seemed that the thing the detective had was eating that glazed doughnut but he was not going to even raise to that. He already knew some things like this would never get better between them and so he simply, shrugged, deciding to get it out of the way. 

"Summerlin, docks. They should be waiting and oh, bring a piece with you, just in case."

Peralta stood from the chair and was about to make his way before he was stopped by one of the men that worked for the Queen herself. He beefed himself in the way that he simply crossed his arms over his chest and made his eyes to stare straight into the man's, He was not going to be showing any sign of weakness. 

"We noticed you talking to the copper over there Jakey, we just want you to stay out of trouble, Pembrook may seem like a good guy to have in your pocket but he's slippery. We want you to be careful, plus, the boss wants to talk with ya after you run this errand. Something about heading down to Chicago for a while, don't die on us, eh?"

Jake nervously chuckled muttering a few "cool's and no doubts" under his breath before he decided to walk out, though he turned his head. Looking at Pembrook who waved at him mockingly, though he could see something in the eyes of his fellow detective, almost like he wished for him to be careful. 

Stepping outside, Jake walked down the street before noticing a payphone and rushed inside, dialling Santiago as he already knew that she would be home, combing over the intel. She was a workaholic, something that he often tried to get her to loosen up on but well, it ended with a few harsh words and him getting a twisted arm that he oddly enjoyed. 

"Detective Amy Santiago speaking, who is this?"

Jake chuckled, immediately drawing a scoff from the Latina woman as he simply shrugged his shoulders and went into explaining his current predicament. 

"Pembrook was there, working a case you mean?"

Jake breathed deeply as if trying to tell Amy that he was not but he heard the nervous whimper escape his partner, he knew that she was officially worried for him. Who wouldn't be?

"How do you want to roll this Peralta?"

And he knew now, they were ready to finally get started on this case but for him, it was to find the Pontiac Bandit.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part I
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL