Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 11:06:43
Page:  1 
Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part II Started by: JakePeralta on Jan 23, '20 15:36

"You got that Santiago? I do not want to be having this conversation again when I get back to the precinct."

Santiago had seemingly given him an affirmative yes because she had hung up the phone, leaving Peralta to wonder the next stages of the plan. He stood near the payphone for a moment longer, deciding that this was one of the worthwhile pursuits. 

A few minutes later, he noticed the dark blue van coming down the road and he could already see that it was his fellow detectives. Rosa Diaz and Charles Boyle, though they seemed to be dressed in attire that gave them the opposite look. They were now on this case with him, hired guns. 

"Peralta, you ready for this man? Holt is catching flak from some of the higher-ups, they want him off this case, we need something solid and soon. Otherwise, we just may need to pull off and go back to missing persons."

Rolling his eyes, the rebellious detective knew that this was just the beginning, many of the higher-ups were on the payroll of the mob. Everyone knew that and most honest detectives, well, they never made it ten minutes, let alone months. 

"I got that already Rosa, we're in deep waters here and we're playing the game that Pembrook set out for us. Just be careful with what we do and how we play this assignment. He did not give us this for no reason, we all suited up and ready for action on this?"

Neither of his fellow officers said a word, they simply gestured for him to get inside. This was how it worked in the nine-nine, while some things were kept close to the chest, you often did not know who would work out with you and who would end up trying to betray you for the next brown envelope. 

Jake slid into the truck and while he would have noticed a few things, his mind was elsewhere. Pembrook was many things but corrupt was not one of them, why was he sending him to the docks? It made him think that this may have been the last time he would see the world but he was confident that maybe this was different. 

Driving there in silence gave them all time to think, while Jake knew next to nothing of their thoughts, he knew that they had to be nervous. These type of jobs, it made you think, a lot. The stuff you would possibly miss and this would be among that kind of that, what would be missed and how it had to be missed. Family, love, life, and the great wonders of the world. 

"We're almost there Peralta, don't be too scared now. I have to make sure that Santiago gets to see how much you care for her, don't I?"

A chuckle escaped Rosa, though it seemed slightly forced. As if trying to inject some humour to their otherwise frazzled non-existent bond. 

"Oh, Detective controlling is wishing to go on a date? Don't make me blush Rosa, I'm trying to keep us alive. Not talk about who wants to shack up with who, alright?"

And that was what made both of his partners on this mission look at him in surprise, there were rarely times that Jake did not like things out in the open, like right now, this was it and something that made the chocolate-haired man direct his gaze out the window. Watching as the trees passed them by and many people watched them with wary eyes. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

"Oh, would you look at this, for once, it's doughnut Peralta with his mind on the case. I think we should call the sarge, this is out of the world, Jake Peralta is focused on the mission but which one I wonder."

Though Boyle did not even bat an eyelash at the talking going on between his partners, he felt it. The tension that soon entered the car and had yet to leave, Jake stared down Rosa and maybe Boyle should tell them that they were almost there. Just another turn but he did not, something was up and this was unlike the both of them. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Diaz. Anyway, we're here. Let's get this show on the road, huh?"

Jake never even bothered to wait for an answer, leaving the van without another word and headed down the path towards the docks as he already knew that Boyle had since parked up. Deciding to continue down the street, he knew this was it, the moment if he was built with the steel that he had inside his body, the chance to finally take what this life meant to him and how much it had impacted him. He had to find him, the Pontiac bandit. 

Report Post Tip

"Peralta, welcome. Pembrook said we would be receiving you, he didn't mention anything of your comrades though. They like us?"

And now he knew, these guys were feds, though he was slightly suspicious. They dropped the act without another word, walking forward into a warehouse that held a large truck containing god knows what. 

"They're working with me, what's going on here and who the heck are you? I don't really like being on the outs of what's going on here, something that I'm sure Pembrook told you. I brought my backup here, just in case I needed to be sure of what was going down."

The man chuckled, seemingly showing a good nature though, by the light in his eyes, Jake could see that it was genuine and he wondered what kind of man this was. He seemed like a natural, someone who knew what he was in for and was ready to give his life for the people that were under his command. 

"Yeah, my name is Carles Johannson, my friends call me CJ. I work from Los Angeles but I had to bring this shipment here. The Ruiz Cartel holds this and he only trusts me to bring it out here, you understand that man?"

Report Post Tip

And Jake knew, this was an operation that involved nearly every faucet of Organized Crime, Ruiz was a big boss in Los Angeles, one of the few to survive this long since the fall of the Pavanno Dynasty who have since fled back to England and consolidated their strength in the region. Many mobsters were from England and many had heard of the infamous family, though lately, it seemed to be a bit tyrannical. 

Jake nodded, deciding to look at the truck with a smirk, this was big. It meant that they were protected, in a way that no one ever thought possible.CJ here was someone who held the power in Los Angels, Jake operating in Las Vegas and then Pembrook in Chicago. It was not something that they advertised but it seemed like every officer had a stake somewhere. 

"I understand but what exactly am I bringing to Chicago, CJ?"

The Officer smirked, bringing Jake round to see the product and then with a shock, Jake had proof, this was an operation of Cocaine. Tons of it being packed into trucks and shipped off to Chicago, that meant...well fuck...that meant Frostine had to know of this little operation, she ran Las Vegas,

"Pure Colombian cocaine, this it and this is what we need, don't worry about who gets it, Peralta. Just know that we need this in Chicago, every few weeks and you will be paid for this. Can you handle that? If not, I'm sure we can find another mule and someone to leave it without the great pay in mind."

Report Post Tip

Jake knew that this was something they could be busted on but this seemed all on the board and they didn't lie, maybe this was the chance, to move up the ranks and become something. A chance to prove that he was more than the little guy in the background, he shrugged, knowing that he had his chances now. 

"I'll do it. I can get one of my guys to delver every so often. How many times a month?"

CJ Smirked, walking back around to the front of the truck as Peralta followed, knowing that this was the time for him to be getting back.

"Twice, per month. Beginning and Middle, we'll always contact you about when it comes up and where it is, you got that?"

Jake nodded, looking back at the shipment before noticing the duffel bag that a work hand was bringing towards CJ. His fellow officer taking it before passing it over to him. They held one another's gazes for a moment before CJ nodded, heading back up a staircase to what Jake thought was his office. 

"So we going to discuss how officers of the law are now muling drugs for Cartels and the Mob? No, just me? Cool, cool, cool, cool."

Jake rattled off, noticing the gaze that his fellow officers had and it was nothing friendly, this was the chance for them. Many things were on the line for them, one of the things being their very lives.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to the 99th Coven (Sorta) - Part II
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL